Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That’s extremely helpful, thanks for posting that. I was confused myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I did all of the rune requirement missions by just replaying the very early "learn to rune" missions... except stasis but stasis is easy to use.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I got caught up on the Warriors Dojo videos (I had no idea he had uploaded so many in the past week) and was happy to hear him refer to Sidon as this game's Lu Bu. I also think it's kind of funny he's posted videos for Zelda's bike and the Guardian before putting up videos for Terrako and Calamity Ganon, I assume he's been working on them (since again, he posted like five videos last week) but put those up first for people who wanted to know about the new stuff right away. So I assume he'll put up a video about the flail before too long as well.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Ardryn posted:

Each report has its own pre-reqs, here's what they are copied from the googledoc:

Battle Records = 100 KOs
Material Properties = 50 Materials
Monster Ecology = Lynels, Taluses, Hinoxes (mini-bosses)
Relic Analysis = Guardians

That's it, no specific mission requirements, you could totally just do the first story mission over and over if you really wanted to for two of the four above.

I'd wondered why it was taking so long to get Monster Ecology reports, guess I'll hit up some Lynel heavy side missions.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Just run Unnatural Disaster, it's a series of fights against five minibosses (Malice Stone Talus, Malice Frost Stone Talus, Malice Hinox, Malice Guardian, Malice Lynel), and it's a higher level stage so you can get somewhat decent weapon drops from it on top.

e: Though that's if you only want the Ecology reports, it's useless for getting Material Properties/Battle Records.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man, leveling anything to 50 is a huge pain in the arse. I think i'm only going to bother grinding out the Master Sword and Zelda's bow to Lv 50, and everything else is just fine at Lv 30.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m not even prioritizing that node, I can barely get weapons to above lv 20 without grinding, seems ridiculous to try and get them to 30 let alone 50.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've gotten Mipha's spear to Lv 33 and my second highest is the Sheikah Slate at 26 but it was a hell of a grind to do it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I think I have a Katana for Impa that’s like lv 28, she’s also my highest level character and absolutely shreds boss HP. I also have the Master Sword up around that level and maybe the Bow of Light, too.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Funnily enough levelling people wasn't a bad grind, I've had everyone sitting at Lv 100 for a long time which did mean I completely shat on all the EX content.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Even Great Fairy? Mine is like lv 30 I refuse to use her, way too cumbersome and also blocks out like half the screen. Rupees are a pain to get unless you grind bananas I guess, so I try not to use them on gaining levels too much.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Even Great Fairy? Mine is like lv 30 I refuse to use her, way too cumbersome and also blocks out like half the screen. Rupees are a pain to get unless you grind bananas I guess, so I try not to use them on gaining levels too much.

Yep, everyone is sitting at 100, it's not like I went grind crazy but I just sold diamonds to the vendor who buys them at a higher price, 20 sold got me nearly 40k which I then pumped into the Training Ground.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.
Is there a sure-fire way to get Robbie's Curing Agent to drop? I've nearly finished out the board... except I need to find 25 more of these somewhere.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Selling monster parts to the Rito stable merchant makes a ton more money than bananas, you probably have hundreds of boko guts alone and the merchant pays like 100 rupees a pop for the rarer monster parts like hinox stuff, and 500 rupees each for lynel guts. If you somehow don't have a ton of guts then slamming the three, or two and the rare, +material recipes and going to any larger-ish map will drop an actual fuckload on you. Chief of the Dunes seems to be a pretty common recommended map to farm for boko parts and you could do Unnatural Disaster as mention earlier to also get reports if you need those.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ardryn posted:

Selling monster parts to the Rito stable merchant makes a ton more money than bananas, you probably have hundreds of boko guts alone and the merchant pays like 100 rupees a pop for the rarer monster parts like hinox stuff, and 500 rupees each for lynel guts. If you somehow don't have a ton of guts then slamming the three, or two and the rare, +material recipes and going to any larger-ish map will drop an actual fuckload on you. Chief of the Dunes seems to be a pretty common recommended map to farm for boko parts and you could do Unnatural Disaster as mention earlier to also get reports if you need those.

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I ran that Chief of the Dunes mission a bunch of times before. That’s the one with a Molduga, right? Might be good to get those mini-boss research papers.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Interesting to note that on GameFAQs, a lot of users are complaining that if they didn't purchase the DLC, the option to raise the weapon's max level limit has disappeared from their blacksmith menu. The theory seems to be that it's somehow related to max weapon level being raised to 50.

Judge Tesla posted:

Yep, everyone is sitting at 100, it's not like I went grind crazy but I just sold diamonds to the vendor who buys them at a higher price, 20 sold got me nearly 40k which I then pumped into the Training Ground.

Yeah I had like a hundred diamonds sitting around and I did the same thing, rupees aren't an issue anymore. I know some people talk about monster parts but I tend to go through a lot of those removing seals and raising weapon levels and such.

Falathrim posted:

Is there a sure-fire way to get Robbie's Curing Agent to drop? I've nearly finished out the board... except I need to find 25 more of these somewhere.

Weird, I had curing agent for days, but I needed to grind machine lubricant pretty hard because I was missing so much. It feels like I usually get around 2 or 3 just by doing the Vicious Monster missions since I hit those pretty hard when the DLC dropped.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Weird, I had curing agent for days, but I needed to grind machine lubricant pretty hard because I was missing so much. It feels like I usually get around 2 or 3 just by doing the Vicious Monster missions since I hit those pretty hard when the DLC dropped.

My completely subjective experience is that you seem to just get a random research lab ingredient after a map, no idea if the EX ferocious monster maps give more, or if the quantity is also completely random. This part definitely feels like something that you were meant to just end up getting some over the course of an entire playthrough.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't think it's random because it's been more or less confirmed that doing missions with Guardians as enemies will drop machine lubricant, I was able to grind mine out by doing the Mipha mission in Zora's Domani where you have to fight 17 Guardians with a time limit, always dropped 4 or 5 machine lubricant per run.

This implies that there's enemy types that are more likely to drop curing agent and the other one (oil or something?), but I have no idea what they would be.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If anyone was wondering, there is a reward for filling all the research nodes in the lab, you get a large payout of materials and a Lv 90 mission unlocks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I figured that's how the mission had to unlock, because I saw people on other sites talking about how on one hand it's technically the best level to get weapons at since it's so high level, but that it's also a really long mission and thus Unnatural Disaster still might be preferable due to how fast you can run it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

I figured that's how the mission had to unlock, because I saw people on other sites talking about how on one hand it's technically the best level to get weapons at since it's so high level, but that it's also a really long mission and thus Unnatural Disaster still might be preferable due to how fast you can run it.

It's set in the Akkala Citadel map so you have to run for a long time as the targets are spread out in the far reaches of the place.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't think it's random because it's been more or less confirmed that doing missions with Guardians as enemies will drop machine lubricant, I was able to grind mine out by doing the Mipha mission in Zora's Domani where you have to fight 17 Guardians with a time limit, always dropped 4 or 5 machine lubricant per run.

This implies that there's enemy types that are more likely to drop curing agent and the other one (oil or something?), but I have no idea what they would be.

That makes some sense at least, I did just get some machine lubricant from a vicious map that was against a pair of guardians, but I also killed a moblin, some elemental moblins, a boko that was guarding a camp, and some wizzrobes and something in that gave me a pair of curing agents. I also went in with the two better + material recipes and the + rare material recipe. The next battle, also a ferocious map, I killed the same things except the wizzrobes and this time I got one lubricant, one curing and three oils. So, it might be either moblins or bokos, but I wouldn't be surprised if other mobs could drop it too.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

By the way, how far into Age of Calamity do you have to be before you can unlock everyone's full movesets? I feel like it's being slower than I'd like...

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

The Golux posted:

By the way, how far into Age of Calamity do you have to be before you can unlock everyone's full movesets? I feel like it's being slower than I'd like...

Depends on what you mean by full movesets, if you just mean someone's full X/Y combos then that can be done without completing the main story, though you might need to complete all of their upgrades for their final combo to appear. If you mean unlocking every character and filling all of them out, then it'll be a while into post-story maps and getting to the furthest right node of the research lab, though you won't need to completely fill out the bottom path. The reason for that is a lot of characters get an enhancement to their unique ability that doesn't unlock until post-story and I recall one of the lab nodes being locked behind one of the late story missions. Also worth noting that some maps are locked behind things like the very benign and side-content looking anti-X training battles, so don't ignore them.

Much as I'd like to just point you to one, I've never come across a full breakdown of what maps and upgrades unlock what in AoC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ardryn posted:

I recall one of the lab nodes being locked behind one of the late story missions.

You have to beat the last story mission to unlock the two nodes that unlock the Guardian character.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So I don't know if this is news to anyone else, but I just found out that it's way better to fuse trash weapons together before using them as material for my main weapon.

I ran an experiment, and tried seeing how much experience a level 20 weapon would get if I fused 5 level 1 weapons to it directly, or if I fused the 5 level 1s together first and then fused the result to my level 20, and I wound up more than doubling my XP gain.

Maybe I'm the dumbass and everyone else already figured this out, but I literally just stumbled across this and had to share it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alacron posted:

So I don't know if this is news to anyone else, but I just found out that it's way better to fuse trash weapons together before using them as material for my main weapon.

I ran an experiment, and tried seeing how much experience a level 20 weapon would get if I fused 5 level 1 weapons to it directly, or if I fused the 5 level 1s together first and then fused the result to my level 20, and I wound up more than doubling my XP gain.

Maybe I'm the dumbass and everyone else already figured this out, but I literally just stumbled across this and had to share it.
This, but fusing the trash weapons into anything with a "fusion exp +150/250%" for the best way to do fusion. It also avoids fusing trash weapon skills onto whatever you are trying to level up, since fusion exp is the first skill and it turns disappears when used up.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Alacron posted:

I learned this lesson at the very end of my play through and was devastated at how much I'd wasted throughout the campaign.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Falathrim posted:

I learned this lesson at the very end of my play through and was devastated at how much I'd wasted throughout the campaign.

Same. Its made grinding weapons very slow for me now in the endgame

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I’m like 94% of the way to completing the base game content and this is the first I’m hearing of it. :negative:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That would’ve been helpful to know 100 hours ago lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I 100%'d the game a couple of months after it came out and have done 95% of the DLC content and I only just now learned this. :negative:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

how quick is koei tecmo at bug fixes usually? not being able to raise the weapon level limit unless you buy the dlc is a pretty major bug

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

how quick is koei tecmo at bug fixes usually? not being able to raise the weapon level limit unless you buy the dlc is a pretty major bug

I dont think its a bug, its a feature specifically unlocked through dlc missions

Edit: i realize you are talking about a different thing, sorry

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Warriors Dojo has now put up videos for the flail, Terrako and Yunobo. This means that Revali and Calamity Ganon are the only two he has left. Kind of surprised Revali hasn't been done yet, maybe it's taken him a while to figure out how to best use him.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
He’s also said he’s gonna do a tier list soon. Guess he doesn’t want to wait for the second wave to get his thoughts out.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Age of Calamity also seems less fiddly with character's movesets than HWDE was, I know they messed with hitboxes and strength and such for a lot of the characters in that game between versions (especially Ruto). Since it seems unlikely they're going to mess with characters too much might as well go ahead and put out a tier list before the second wave, and whoever gets introduced can just get slotted in.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

And revali and ganon are up now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Glad to get a video on Ganon, I really didn't get how his gimmick worked

I would be using him way more if it wasnt for the fact that his weak point smash animations take like 15 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Glad to get a video on Ganon, I really didn't get how his gimmick worked

I would be using him way more if it wasnt for the fact that his weak point smash animations take like 15 seconds

The first time you see it you are like "Huh cool, he's using all the Blight Ganon moves" then you see it again and again and again and I regret doing weak point smashes with him.