Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Use this thread to talk about your local wrestling feds and shows.

I'm in Minneapolis, so I've got a few places here but I've never been to a single local show. That is all changing on the tenth of next month though, when I'll be attending a F1rst Wrestling show. Sonny Kiss and Warhorse are both gonna be there, so I'm pretty hype.

What are your local promotions? Are you vaxxed and going to live shows soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I went to precisely one local show, a Northeast Wrestling card that had ricochet vs Cody for the brief time they were both on the indies. The match was pretty good but not fantastic.

It also had Dijak vs Hager, who was still doing his We the People schtick. It was honestly kind of sad to see a mid level WWE guy still doing his catch phrase on the indies.

The thing I remember most is when the guy I presume was the long time face of the promotion whose name I don’t remember made his dramatic return from injury by very slowly driving a jeep decked out in his colors through a loading bay door. Problem was the door got stuck and it was the middle of winter, so we just kind of had to watch them fiddle with the door for 5 minutes while the freezing air filled the arena. Then the big payoff was him driving in at 2 miles an hour.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I went to an Upstate Pro Wrestling charity event several years ago; the only thing I remember is 2 Cold Scorpio got hurt & left in an ambulance

e: holy poo poo found it on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ZZ_qkMosU
jesus its worse than i remembered, he hit his head coming off the moonsault double stomp & was knocked out

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 23, 2021

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Has anyone ever been to a Hoodslam show?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

There was a street fight on the last show I went to, and as soon as they pulled a table out I told my friend there was no way those things were breaking since they were thick as gently caress. And I was right. Three tables used, three gnarly bumps, zero broken tables. It was wild.

Also I had no idea how fuckin loud a chairshot across the back could be until one got completely broken over a ladies back maybe two metres away from me

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

I went to an outdoor show put on by a local indie in the afternoon, before an AEW Dynamite, and there was a light rain the whole time. By the last match the ring was just too slick to really be safe so they just brawled all over instead, and caused a minor car accident from people rubbernecking.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I wish there was wrestling anywhere near where I lived. But all we got seems to be WXW and that's too far away, and if there's anything closer to me it must be some real underground poo poo where people die and the mob covers it up.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

IGgy IGsen posted:

I wish there was wrestling anywhere near where I lived. But all we got seems to be WXW and that's too far away, and if there's anything closer to me it must be some real underground poo poo where people die and the mob covers it up.
I don't know where exactly you are, but it looks like wXw are back to touring across the country, so you could get lucky and see them live somewhere closer to you than Oberhausen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I went to these shows back in 05/06 at the Manasquan Elks Lodge. They had a guy who would come down to the ring in a straight jacket, trying to bite everyone in the front row. Before the match he would eat dog treats. I think he wrestled Simon Diamond on the last show I went to.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Depending on how far I want to drive, there’s currently three local promotions: F1ght Pro, MCW, and CRAB Wrestling. I’ve only been to MCW shows of those, but definitely want to check out F1ght Pro. Trish Adora is their champ and she’s awesome. There’s also Flying V (a theater company that also ran wrestling shows amongst other things), but they had a big sexual harassment blowup at the start of the pandemic, and completely overhauled their executive board, so I’m not sure if they’re still planning on doing wrestling. I hope so, since they had shockingly good presentation for an indie, which isn’t too surprising given they’re a theater company first. We also had PrimeTime Pro, but they blew up at the start of the pandemic when it turned out the money guy had been spending the promotion’s money on findoms and was deeply in debt, and the other supposed lead moved away (after making it clear they had something of a falling out with money guy since they didn’t have any financial stake in the company and it was used against them). Incidentally, that promotion rose out of Nova Pro Wrestling which also blew up because of the money guy (different one) not paying people and/or being a sex pest, I forget the details.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to live wrestling and may make a trip to see MCW, even though it’s a good 1.5 hour drive.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i saw gouge pro wrestling at a brewery in raleigh and timmy lou retton got a huge usa chant because he was fighting a foreign heel managed by admir al ackbar, an evil oil sheik turned wrestling manager. it also had seymour snott, otto von schwanz, and jimmy jack funk jr.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

My uncle was an indy wrestler for a local fed. He always had to wrestle with a mask because he was getting disability checks and didn’t want to get caught. He took me backstage one time and I got to meet Bill Dundee.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i also met the son of scott steiner lookalike wrestler "big poppa pete"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i live right by rahway so i just got to see everyone who signed with AEW before they signed, p much

also pinkie sanchez

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dante Martin is also gonna be at that show in going to. So that's awesome.

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
if you remember crimson from WWE he started a promotion called tried-n-true nearby where I live.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Uncle Frank posted:

if you remember crimson from WWE he started a promotion called tried-n-true nearby where I live.

Crimson was in WWE?

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Oh he was tna lol

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vince MechMahon posted:

Has anyone ever been to a Hoodslam show?

They did a cross promotion show with 3-2-1 Battle in Seattle I really liked.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

They did a cross promotion show with 3-2-1 Battle in Seattle I really liked.

Was it as full of weed and booze as it looks?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my local indies are basically garbage but good wrestlers crawl out from here. vegas isnt a good wrestling territory.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gcw tours here a couple times a year at least.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vince MechMahon posted:

Was it as full of weed and booze as it looks?

Pretty much. They converted the snack bar to a regular bar and it's Seattle so commercial pot sales are no big deal.

I miss that promotion.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Anyone good run the Peidmont NC area anymore? I got to see Deucalion murder Johnnie Silver and separately Kingston wrestle in a trios at the Chikara shows I caught in New England, but haven't seen a damned thing since moving to the wrasslin' capital of the world