Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1407703662055600134?s=20

insurance company: :shepspends: :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Harrison Ford and Tom Cruise are racing each other to see who will be the first to die on the job for very different reasons.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Harrison Ford is cursed to constantly injure himself whenever he is not punching Ryan Gosling

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Tars Tarkas posted:

Harrison Ford is cursed to constantly injure himself whenever he is not punching Ryan Gosling

If he isn't injured, he might try flying planes.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
He should have just shot the fight choreographer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That man can’t stop falling apart.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1407756736174477336?s=20

RAY LIOTTA SELECT?!?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Jurassic World films are okay.

for me to

on

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BRING BACK THE MARRIAGE REF YOU loving COWARDS

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

They should make a movie about that particular park's greatest ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFYKpFkz9U

Thought this was gonna be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2L-bZiqckM

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was a TV movie for Tower of Terror. Steve Gutenberg and a young Kirsten Dunst. I thought it was pretty dark for a Disney movie.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wasn't the Tower of Terror based on the Twilight Zone at first?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

I already conned myself into watching the 13 Ghosts and Zombie Island one and being seriously disappointed.

Scooby Doo has always been incredibly disappointing

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Wasn't the Tower of Terror based on the Twilight Zone at first?
It still is. There’s a redubbed and digitally lip synced Rod Serling bit for the pre-ride movie.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shageletic posted:

I dunno, the one series that was full of David Lynch references where they fought the Annunaki (guest starring Harlan Ellison as Himself!) was pretty okay.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

X-Ray Pecs posted:

He doesn’t even work in Guardians, he gets upstaged by a CGI raccoon.

Regardless, his best role in his career had him in pro baseball shape, so it’s not even a case of “he needs to be fat to be good”, it’s a matter of “Hollywood will chuck the shittiest screenplays at him, utterly convinced that him being able to tell a joke and women finding him hot means his screen presence will paper over sub-par everything else”.

Nobody remembers him as Scott Hatteberg in Moneyball, but he’s so goddamn fantastic in a minor but extremely key role. It got obscured because people lost their mind over “comedian can do drama?!?!?!” again with Jonah Hill and I’m assuming Parks & Rec hadn’t hit the peak of its popularity yet. It’s another three years until Guardians comes out when Moneyball releases, and a year ahead of Zero Dark Thirty, where I remember critics beginning to actually note his performance. But Hatteberg is the best I’ve ever seen Pratt do as an actor. And I suspect, at the rate he’s going, it might stay that way.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Hey how that the future republican nominee for governor of California you're talking about

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Pratt is good but limited- he can come off smug so you have to make sure the character has some obvious flaws that undermine his perceived overconfidence. This is why Star Lord generally works, but the Raptor Whisperer in JW doesn't.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shageletic posted:

You're not wrong, since everything after season 1 of Scooby Doo Where Are You? was all downhill. Excluding Mystery Inc, that is.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

I dunno, the one series that was full of David Lynch references where they fought the Annunaki (guest starring Harlan Ellison as Himself!) was pretty okay.

Also Udo Kier as an evil parrot.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

It still is. There’s a redubbed and digitally lip synced Rod Serling bit for the pre-ride movie.

Well it did, until they turned into a Guardians of the Galaxy ride.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios in Florida still uses the Twilight Zone license, it’s the one at California Adventure that got a lovely Guardians of the Galaxy makeover.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
To be fair to Disney, California Adventure needs all the relevance it can get.

e: seriously, who above the age of 10 gives a poo poo about Cars Land?

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 23, 2021

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I still can't fathom who would want to ever ever ever go to a California-themed themepark in California. I mean, I guess that's why they're shoving a bunch of other nonsense into it now, but of all the things they could have spent their money on that one is just such a plainly stupid idea.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I still can't fathom who would want to ever ever ever go to a California-themed themepark in California. I mean, I guess that's why they're shoving a bunch of other nonsense into it now, but of all the things they could have spent their money on that one is just such a plainly stupid idea.

You can find articles and documentaries written about it. The main gist is that the suits were told that people were leaving Disney World to go see other things in California and came up with the brilliant idea of putting California in Disney World so that they wouldn't leave. And then put people from the merchandising and retail sector in charge of desiging the park instead of the usual imagineers, leading to stuff like the aforementioned Sourdough Bakery Tour.

The above video on Superstar Limo gives a good rundown of the creation of the park (reposted for convenience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2L-bZiqckM

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 23, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Edward Mass posted:

To be fair to Disney, California Adventure needs all the relevance it can get.

e: seriously, who above the age of 10 gives a poo poo about Cars Land?

I don't give a poo poo about the movies but that area is great. It's well themed, the signature ride is really good, some neat buildings, and it looks great at night when all the neon lights up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cars is one of Disney's biggest merchandising successes ever, so of course they would make a Cars Land

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Cars Land? The Disneyland parking lot is right outside! Folks,

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The incredibles rollercoaster is great and the Guardians of the Galaxy Tower of Terror is legit, its way better than the OG one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Star Tours: the movie

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/strange-planet-tv-series-dan-harmon-nathan-pyle-1234972713/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've only seen the ones posted as webcomics but they were very one note.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

muscles like this! posted:

I've only seen the ones posted as webcomics but they were very one note.

He's also a chud

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It has a writer from Over the Garden Wall, so it might be good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

seems like the alien dude from Monty (after Robotman left)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Wasn't he already buff for Zero Dark Thirty? Or did Guardians shoot first and just take longer in post?

I feel like I saw an interview where he said he used Zero Dark Thirty as proof to Disney that he could get buff for GOTG.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alan Smithee posted:

didnt Scarlett die tho

I mean the backstory/worldbuilding stuff for when you're on line for the Tower of Terror ride more than has that covered.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
There was a recent guest on the Kingcast who was saying that so much of kids media these days, and for the last 15-20 years involves anthropomorphic vehicles. Living cars, living trucks, etc etc. Interesting to see how that affects things going forward.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So what's the joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The pre-ride queue for Tower of Terror is maybe the best one Disney has ever made. It snakes through a garden and then the hotel lobby. Wonderfully eerie horror movie atmosphere.