Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There was a recent guest on the Kingcast who was saying that so much of kids media these days, and for the last 15-20 years involves anthropomorphic vehicles. Living cars, living trucks, etc etc. Interesting to see how that affects things going forward.

A lot longer than that. Thomas the Tank Engine anybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ship of Theseus: "Don't worry, friend Theseus! I will carry us safely through this storm. Oooops, lost my mast."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

wizardofloneliness posted:

So what's the joke?

Nothin'!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ppl gonna be loving alot more tailpipes

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Transformers predates that even, so back to 84. There is also stuff like Herbie the Love Bug but that was never a massive toy franchise like the modern industry

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

feedmyleg posted:

I still can't fathom who would want to ever ever ever go to a California-themed themepark in California. I mean, I guess that's why they're shoving a bunch of other nonsense into it now, but of all the things they could have spent their money on that one is just such a plainly stupid idea.

Really missed their chance to retheme to Disney's America during the redesign like 10 years ago.

Although the inevitable Civil War area would've aged like my cousin's first kid.

stillbirth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Transformers predates that even, so back to 84. There is also stuff like Herbie the Love Bug but that was never a massive toy franchise like the modern industry

Thomas might actually be older if you go back to the books.

And then of course there's the little engine that could.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_3jcDKUBtQ

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Yeah now that I think about it one of my favorite books as a young child was about a tugboat and that thing was from the 50's at the latest.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly hope someone remakes this one day as a joke.

No, "Lovematic Grandpa" doesn't count.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Tars Tarkas posted:

I showed my 6-year-old some Youtube clips of Herbie yesterday (we saw an ice cream van painted like Herbie, and he wanted to know what it was), and he immediately demanded that I start paying for Disney+ so he could watch all the movies. So there's clearly a market for live-action anthropomorphic vehicles being cheeky and wrecking stuff. I guess Herbie: Fully Loaded's $144m take wasn't enough for Disney to follow it up, though - or maybe they were scared off by the Lindsay Lohan factor.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
The F Plus - Auto Moronic Asphyxiation

Don't gently caress the car hot.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Star Tours: the movie

You laugh but the Star Tours ship actually is in Episode IX as part of the fleet in the end battle.

Shageletic posted:

Ppl gonna be loving alot more tailpipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MBUZjJX7Y

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There were several Mickey Mouse shorts in the 1920s with anthropomorphic vehicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5N13WEw9A

Also early books like The Little Engine That Could, Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel, etc etc

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
The real tragedy of Cats bombing is that we'll never get an adaptation of Starlight Express.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I would be first in line for the Trainz movie

everyone else would still be playing Hamilton Go on their phones

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Really missed their chance to retheme to Disney's America during the redesign like 10 years ago.

Although the inevitable Civil War area would've aged like my cousin's first kid.

stillbirth

:golfclap:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

wizardofloneliness posted:

So what's the joke?
Pop tarts are weird. They have the same shape and nutritional value of the box they come in. They can't go stale cuz they were never fresh! Why are there two in a packet because one isnt enough and three is too many.

That's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpH-XjizJzk&t=76s

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
I guess Airplane Food: The Movie would have been too on the nose.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's acceptable if someone stops him mid-delivery to explain that there are two in each package because toasters traditionally have an even number of slots and pop tarts are meant to be placed in the toaster.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It's acceptable if someone stops him mid-delivery to explain that there are two in each package because toasters traditionally have an even number of slots and pop tarts are meant to be placed in the toaster.
He does bring this up in the youtube clip. I couldn't fit all the gut busting pop tart jokes in my post.

(I actually could, but I'm also lazy.)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Jerry Seinfeld has very little talent other than standup(he's a very talented standup), but to his credit he's always been pretty aware and up front about that. The weird offbeat humor of the Seinfeld sitcom was almost all due to Larry David.

There's only been a few show business ventures he's been involved with since the sitcom ended, but they've all been some form of "what if I turned that standup bit I used to do into a movie/show".

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
And why is there frosting only on one side? Does Kellogg's not trust us?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

It's also acceptable if someone stops him to say they don't want to listen to a grooming creep.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What is the deal!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
It's a new game show called "What is the Deal?!" and it's like Deal or No Deal but the briefcases are full of pop tarts and bees.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What's the deal with these age of consent laws?? If there's grass on the field.... Play ball! *Freeze frame* *Seinfeld bass drop*

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

What's the deal with these age of consent laws?? If there's grass on the field.... Play ball! *Freeze frame* *Seinfeld bass drop*

:perfect:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOFIIjXGwO8

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp8tCqwushM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

lmao I can hear it

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Thought your video would be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYB0lzoofc

I was not expecting one of my favourite CBB moments :cool::respek::cool:

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Today on "They're making a movie on this tf?"

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/lena-dunham-lily-collins-polly-pocket-1235004563/

Just gimme a new Genesis song out of this at least.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

Nightmare Cinema posted:

stillbirth

i see somebody's never gone on the best ride at disneyland: great moments with mr lincoln

(it's air-conditioned and there's no line)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aglet56 posted:

(it's air-conditioned and there's no line)

This is the most nostalgic feeling I've ever felt.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Nightmare Cinema posted:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/lena-dunham-lily-collins-polly-pocket-1235004563/

Got to get this out quickly to beat the Barbie movie and drink that milkshake

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Come And See posted:

Thought your video would be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYB0lzoofc

I was not expecting one of my favourite CBB moments :cool::respek::cool:

Hell yeah! Beep beep honk honk, my friend!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Seems like a solid premise for a Disney Channel Original Movie. Maybe this has been Lena Dunham's calling all along.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Who will do the Mighty Max companion film, Alex Garland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That's not what the internet told me years ago

quote:

The machines needed to wrap Pop-Tarts in foil weren't cheap, and when the pastries were still unproven commodities, Kellogg's didn't want to make any unnecessary investments. By doubling down on how many tarts went into each packet, the company could cut its machinery budget in half