Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Look at this thing, absolutely crazy. This thing lived right at the end of the dinos, with T rex and Triceratops, in the same environment. Those mighty claws were for busting open ant hives and it used its tongue to slurp em. The teeth were tiny and lovely and barely did nothing.

They also found a toucanosaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Looks goofy as gently caress, but I imagine could slit you open in a heartbeat.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

seems like pterasaurs evolved from a kind of tree dwelling archosaur and went through a gliding phase before eventually becoming immensely gigantic and powerful. Like if bats became 40' across.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Alvarezsaurs have been known for years, get with the times.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

seems like pterasaurs evolved from a kind of tree dwelling archosaur and went through a gliding phase before eventually becoming immensely gigantic and powerful. Like if bats became 40' across.
Now this I'd like to hear more about, did they actually finally find a possible pterosaur ancestor?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I thought you said dinosaur-eating ant. Occasional dyslexia has robbed me again!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey1kFYVXH7w&t=79s

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Those top head feathers are giving some off big Big Bird vibes.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 24, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's just a bird op just look at the feathers

having fun posting
Feb 22, 2021
how many ant species do you think last american alvarezsaur ate into extinction? we could be living in ant heaven right now if it wasn't for him

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bet as they saw the meteor approaching to annihilate this horrible planet the ants were like 'finally things will get better'

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I wonder what is like to be the first of one's species to learn how to fly.

I guess no one would gently caress the non-flyers anymore so that would speed the process up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's just a bird op just look at the feathers

birds are literally, unironically dinosaurs and it fuckin rules op

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Birds and dinosaurs are awesome but I'm really waiting for the discovery of the rear end eating dinosaur.

Altho that toucan dino is awesome as hell.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is a great thread op I love it

Not sarcasm I genuinely love this thread

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

World War Mammories posted:

Birds are birds when they are alive but upon their deaths and sufficient decrepitude they become dinosaurs. Yes, that even includes that box of frozen wings in your freezer

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Were ants bigger then?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

Were ants bigger then?

yeah about 3 times as big

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’m not keen on remastering old movies with new digital effects, but they should go back and give the velociraptors feathers in the first Jurassic Park, IMO :hai:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I bet they were DINOSAUR EATING ANTS

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How could a single ant eat a dinosaur? Insane.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How could a single ant eat a dinosaur?

One bite at a time

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

they found an ant loving a dinosaur but the dino didnt even notice.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Doctor Dogballs posted:

they found an ant loving a dinosaur but the dino didnt even notice.

An dinosaur is walking through the jungle and gets a painful splinter in his foot
He is moaning in pain, just when an ant walks up. The ant sees his problem, and says, "Hey, I'll pull the splinter out of your foot, if you let me gently caress you up the rear end."
The dinosaur laughs a bit and agrees. So the ant climbs along his foot, and is able to pull hard enough to remove the splinter. The dinosaur is immediately relived, and thanks the ant. The ant says, "You made a deal - now I get to gently caress you up the rear end!" The dinosaur laughs again and says, "Yep, a deal is a deal - go ahead!"
So the ant climbs up the dinosaur's hind leg, goes under his tail, and starts to do his business. Meanwhile, a monkey has been up in a tree watching this whole thing, and throws a coconut at the dinosaur, hitting him squarely in the head.
The dinosaur then rears up on his hind legs and lets out a huge yell of pain.
The ant screams, "Take it all, Bitch!"

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

I wonder if paleontologists get really shat off that whenever they google search their current dinosaur of interest, it just brings up links to the fantasy versions of the dinosaurs in Ark Survival Evolved with features like "Rubbing the duckosaurus's head makes a special lubrication goo come out their butt that can power UFOs"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I assume these "scientists" just put dino bones together in different ways and come up with new dinosaurs so they can keep getting paid to smoke weed all day and play counterstrike in a nice office.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Wow, nature is so lazy.

Run out of Ideas? gently caress it I'll just make a mammal that eats ants.

Hmm what shall I make this week? Another thing shaped like a crab perhaps????

Lazy motherfucker give me a bat with wheels or some poo poo.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Make a platypus on monday, phone it in for the rest of the week.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I assume these "scientists" just put dino bones together in different ways and come up with new dinosaurs so they can keep getting paid to smoke weed all day and play counterstrike in a nice office.

This is pretty close to the early days of archaeology, not gonna lie. Just replace weed and counterstrike with big cigars and pharmacy cocaine.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Those mighty claws were for busting open ant hives and it used its tongue to slurp em.

Those mighty claws are 2 cm long. An anteater could gently caress this idiot emu up with great ease

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

let me know when they find an rear end eating dinosaur

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

let me know when they find an rear end eating dinosaur

They did she’s called your mom

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

syntaxfunction posted:

Birds and dinosaurs are awesome but I'm really waiting for the discovery of the rear end eating dinosaur.

Altho that toucan dino is awesome as hell.

You know scientists, they probably just saw this little fellow has a funny mouth and long tongue and said, oh well they are ants. For all we know these dudes are rear end all day every day and evolved that mouth to get past the huge buttcheeks of the other dinosaurs.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Dinosaurs are bullshit now with the feathers and whatnot. They used to be cool and scary, now they're just overgrown turkeys. Fuckin paleontologists can suck my dick from the back. Tyrannosaurus Rex more like Thanksgivingasaurus. Gonna go to the natural history museum, crack me a big rear end wishbone.

Nothing has been made less cool by me growing up than dinosaurs. If I have kids I'd rather they get into trains or magic tricks or something less uncool than Big Birds great grandpappy

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Scientist cowards will never admit most dinosaurs ate rear end every day even though it's obvious just from looking at the fossils. 90% of dinos are found in the rear end eating pose, to pretend it's just an accident of the fossil record is ridiculous

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

An dinosaur is walking through the jungle and gets a painful splinter in his foot
He is moaning in pain, just when an ant walks up. The ant sees his problem, and says, "Hey, I'll pull the splinter out of your foot, if you let me gently caress you up the rear end."
The dinosaur laughs a bit and agrees. So the ant climbs along his foot, and is able to pull hard enough to remove the splinter. The dinosaur is immediately relived, and thanks the ant. The ant says, "You made a deal - now I get to gently caress you up the rear end!" The dinosaur laughs again and says, "Yep, a deal is a deal - go ahead!"
So the ant climbs up the dinosaur's hind leg, goes under his tail, and starts to do his business. Meanwhile, a monkey has been up in a tree watching this whole thing, and throws a coconut at the dinosaur, hitting him squarely in the head.
The dinosaur then rears up on his hind legs and lets out a huge yell of pain.
The ant screams, "Take it all, Bitch!"

The monkey seeing the bump on the dinosaur's head, walks up to him and asks "Hey, I'll massage your head, if you let me gently caress you up the rear end as well."

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Pictured: just one of many types of rear end eating dinosaur.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That's just a dino centipede

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Weka posted:

Pictured: just one of many types of rear end eating dinosaur.

Hot

Everything had feathers back then yes even the ants boy i tell ya.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"They" don't know poo poo. They found some bones with a beak and some rear end in a top hat in khakis and a hat pulled the ant-eating dino theory out of his rear end. I bet the creature didn't look anything like the drawing, ate beans, and lived in the 1800s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

i saw these birds (glossy ibises) come down out of the sky in April and they are 100% dinosaur. look at them!!