Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I wish I could just adjust my body clock to be a morning person. I don't do anything worthwhile after 10pm but I can't bring my self to go to bed because it feels like I haven't done anything. The fix would be actually getting out of bed earlier but I seem to be physically incapable of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Once the brat is in bed, that’s basically the only me time I have all day so I try and make the most of it but really I should just go to bed at 10 so I don’t feel loving knackered all the time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
one time, a very long time ago, i saw a bloke passed out drunk on the street on a night out and he was using a styrofoam takeaway box as a pillow

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fudge restock!

We’ve just restocked multiple flavours at https://www.fudjit.co.uk - on the website now in addition to many other delicious flavours you’ll find fresh drops of the following:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Orange
Veganilla
Vegan cookies
Vegan Biscoff

All c.100g bars of fudge cost £3.50 plus postage, and as always you can use the special goon code ‘roastbeefisbest’ to get 5-for-4 on all flavours.

Happy fudging

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Nice it is my father in law's birthday coming up and my wife is always asking me for suggestions. FUDGE

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what, like, even when it's not nearly his birthday? that's enthusiasm

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Every day, like clockwork

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Gasmask posted:

Once the brat is in bed, that’s basically the only me time I have all day so I try and make the most of it but really I should just go to bed at 10 so I don’t feel loving knackered all the time

same and it sucks so badly

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I go bed 9-10pm and sneak downstairs before the kids are awake

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You can also do the thing where you wake up at 5am with a kettle in your room and stay in bed reading before you have to get up

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Power cut

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

learnincurve posted:

You can also do the thing where you wake up at 5am with a kettle in your room and stay in bed reading before you have to get up

I'm on holiday at the moment and the weather is much more palpable so while I *should* be sleeping in till mid-day under lovely weighted blankets after a night of drinking, I've been waking up at 0500 and not being able to get back to sleep because the bastard hot sky bollock shines through the tiny gap between the edge of the blinds and window box so brightly its impossible to get back to sleep. Replace 'kettle' with 'sipping punch and weird chemical flavour monster' and that's my week's mornings so far.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Ah poo poo, the builder I've been using for ages just tried to pull a scam on me and now I have to call a large red-faced welshman a lying gently caress to his face and tell him I'm not paying for poo poo. Unless anyone knows of a driveway sealant that smells of nothing, dries suspiciously quickly (~1 hour), has the consistency of water and doesn't actually change anything about your driveway? This is what I get for getting lazy and just not doing the job myself for once.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Powers back on

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That weird neighbour that goes outside at 11pm to cough and heck up for for 20 minutes every night is back

Glad he didn't die of covid

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cynic posted:

a driveway sealant that smells of nothing

do a covid test

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

That weird neighbour that goes outside at 11pm to cough and heck up for for 20 minutes every night is back

Glad he didn't die of covid

Night shift worker and smoker maybe? I had a bad cough after waking up when I smoked. Time of day didn't matter, just getting up after several hours of sleep meant all the goop had 'settled' so the first 20-30 minutes of being awake was spent in a coughing fit hecking it all up. Glad I quit that.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

kecske posted:

do a covid test

Nah, I have 5 bars of 5g reception and my injection site has finally stopped being magnetic, which means I'm immune to the plague the illuminati have unleashed on us.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

My house sale chain has finally resolved. The people were buying from will be mortgage free, the absolute fuckets, by virtue of their house tripling in value since they bought it

There's a shot we might move before the new school year starts!

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

learnincurve posted:

I go bed 9-10pm and sneak downstairs before the kids are awake

Pre kids my partner would wake up around 11am on the weekends so I'd have four or five hours to myself Saturday and Sunday.

Now, we get the kids in bed around 7:30pm and enjoy 90minutes before we need to get to sleep as the little shits are up somewhere between 4 and 5 most days

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

There is a term in Mandarin for "staying up far too late even though you need to get up early out of spite towards your work hours", I think it's revenge sleep or something. I can very much relate.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They sleep longer the older they get, teenagers you have to actively let the dogs bounce all over before they get up.

I’ve loved every stage of my kids lives and every one was my favourite at the time, but the being able to go the shops for you and doing the housework together stage is pretty chuffing awesome.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
My 8 year old wakes up at 6am every morning and will sometimes manage to wait until 7 before he begins demanding breakfast. He's perfectly capable of making toast himself but won't because apparently it tastes nicer when I do it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Christ it takes forever to get out of the West Country.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Most of them never manage it their whole lives

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh hey an area local to me is in the newww oh

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jun/24/cut-down-fir-tree-becomes-sheffield-attraction-after-neighbour-dispute

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

mrpwase posted:

There is a term in Mandarin for "staying up far too late even though you need to get up early out of spite towards your work hours", I think it's revenge sleep or something. I can very much relate.

I've been introduced to the concept of a "sleep bastard", one who not only enjoys very sound sleep but through snoring, thrashing etc actively steals the sleep of others

I think I might be one

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think the sleep vacuum is worse, who thrashes and snores yet seemingly always wants more sleep

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Being a sleep bastard is good, though these days I can only activate it by first being an alcohol bastard.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

I sleep

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Party Boat posted:

I've been introduced to the concept of a "sleep bastard", one who not only enjoys very sound sleep but through snoring, thrashing etc actively steals the sleep of others

I think I might be one

I 100% am one.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Party Boat posted:

I think I might be one

sounds like me

also lol

https://twitter.com/wank_666/status/1408104906511290369?s=20

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
winston marshal

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I played banjo for a bit

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You double oval office.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

banjo oval office

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
banjo oval office and Looke would make a great video game name,

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I played banjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xQwNJfjks

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
if they play banjo in Smash bros they deserve the abuse tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
What's a good house warming gift? But they've been in the house like a year but covid.