Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Is the guy in the back pointing to his own crotch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Billy Gnosis posted:

That’s one of the “Prophets of the Dark Side”. He’s pointing to a screen showing Palpatine.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Oh poo poo, Ken is from those books? He has a sister and weird stepfather/caretaker who can shapeshift and such? I read those in 3rd grade.

edit: I may be thinking of other, lovely books that have those kinds of drawings. But I remember reading the glove of vader during that time period.

edit edit: thinking of this poo poo https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Galaxy_of_Fear:_Eaten_Alive

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 21, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

And may I bid a "Dark Greetings" to you all.

Moff Hissa [pounding his datapad]: MOFFERENCE MOFFERENCE MOFFERENCE!

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 21, 2021

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Billy Gnosis posted:

He probably was telling someone off frame he had to go to the bathroom.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The season 2 episode of 90210 “Cardio-Funk” has a young, baby-fat, completely unrecognizable Titus Welliver playing a really, really drunk guy. I hope they skip some eps, because I can’t wait for them to cover this one.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
It's 6:30am and I'm making breakfast whole giggling as quietly as possible to the point my body hurts to "We're all about family, and the only way to ensure more family is for you to go hard with my sister. Don't worry, I'm barely watching. Brian, my man, you're doing it all wrong".

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Gabrus' energy is just the loving best.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GlenMR posted:

Gabrus' energy is just the loving best.

he's such a lovable oaf, I love any time he's on a podcast because it means there's either gonna be some good energy or it's gonna be a Doughboys thing where he's close and friendly enough with them that he's just going to spend the whole episode making GBS threads on them in the funniest ways

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Gabrus is insufferable and ruins this show.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Wrong!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't follow this Gabrus guy or anything but he's got real Artie Lange vibes and I'm here for it.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Good guests:
Justin j Case
Ben Worcester
Angelica bastien
Gabrus!
The Guy Who Was on The Tick

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arson Daily posted:

Good guests:
Justin j Case
Ben Worcester
Angelica bastien
Gabrus!
The Guy Who Was on The Tick

They really need to cover another disaster movie sometime soon

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I'm listening to the Die Hard ep with Gabrus just to pump myself up for Fast 5 which I'm saving for a long drive, and I definitely like it a ton more the second time. The weirdness comes from the fact that it's almost not a WHM episode, it's more just a hangout pod. They're still talking about the movie, but it's way more freewheeling and an absolutely different energy. As opposed to when Justin and Ben are on (barely notice since they're closer IRL friends and slot right in) or Angelica (WHM with the Horny dial set to 11).

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

explosivo posted:

I don't follow this Gabrus guy or anything but he's got real Artie Lange vibes and I'm here for it.

I feel like the times I hear Howard Stern seep into the WHM universe it's just instant gratification

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Cael posted:

(WHM with the Horny dial set to 11)

Speaking of this: the entire back half of this month's Animation Damnation is insane on every level and I legit don't know who sunk lower between Chris or Eric at one point

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This episode is amazing top to bottom. Gabrus is hilarious and the guys are in top form.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

Speaking of this: the entire back half of this month's Animation Damnation is insane on every level and I legit don't know who sunk lower between Chris or Eric at one point

I was in tears when the sound effect finally hit

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

explosivo posted:

This episode is amazing top to bottom. Gabrus is hilarious and the guys are in top form.

It's real good.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cael posted:

I'm listening to the Die Hard ep with Gabrus just to pump myself up for Fast 5 which I'm saving for a long drive, and I definitely like it a ton more the second time. The weirdness comes from the fact that it's almost not a WHM episode, it's more just a hangout pod. They're still talking about the movie, but it's way more freewheeling and an absolutely different energy. As opposed to when Justin and Ben are on (barely notice since they're closer IRL friends and slot right in) or Angelica (WHM with the Horny dial set to 11).

Yeah, I fear for anyone who hasn't seen the movie trying to listen to this ep since they don't go in any sort of order.
I really liked the episode tho and it pairs well with Gabrus guesting on Blank Check for 2 Fast.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

duz posted:

Yeah, I fear for anyone who hasn't seen the movie trying to listen to this ep since they don't go in any sort of order.
I really liked the episode tho and it pairs well with Gabrus guesting on Blank Check for 2 Fast.

I don't know what or why (he certainly hasn't announced anything) but Gabrus has been the guest on like half the podcasts I listen to this week.

WHM: Fast Five
Blank Check: 2Fast2Furious
Two Old Queens: I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

If you liked the vibe then I also recommend the ep of High & Mighty where he talks the first Fast & Furious movie with Griffin Newman (the child from the Tick on the Pet Semetary ep). Plus the ActionBoyz podcast of course.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1408066830359433225
Anyone know what this is about?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
My guess is joke theft.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

No idea, but I am extremely curious.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Timeless Appeal posted:

My guess is joke theft.

colbert starting goblin vomiting all over the studio

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

GoutPatrol posted:

colbert starting goblin vomiting all over the studio

Not his fault, his guest was a hobbit

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Jimmy Fallon started dangling and he didn't even know it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yea I started digging through late night hosts YouTube feed and haven’t found anything.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I think I found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-iWM4hwW2o&t=533s

Should be time coded, but they play a VHS game.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

thrawn527 posted:

I think I found it.

If so that seems different enough from the VHS trailer game that I could see someone coming up with that game on their own when trying to write for something fun to do with Tarantino considering the guy loves to talk about his general movie knowledge.

Either way Kimmel is no Jamemaster that's for sure.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That's different enough where I don't think it's ripping off WHM. I don't even think that's the first time a late night show has done something similar. If you have a guest on whose gimmick is "I watched a lot of movies on VHS and now I make movies based on what I learned from these movies" of course you'd do something like this.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Syzska needs to go on Kimmel now so he could get a fair fight.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

I think I found it.

Yeah, that's nothing like their VHS trailer game. This is a lllllooooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggggg stretch.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

enigmahfc posted:

Yeah, that's nothing like their VHS trailer game. This is a lllllooooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggggggg stretch.

I mean, I could be wrong, but it's the closest I could find, and I'll be damned if I'm watching anymore lovely late night clips to find out.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, I could be wrong, but it's the closest I could find, and I'll be damned if I'm watching anymore lovely late night clips to find out.

i've seen other places point to that exact same slip, so until something other than vague, passive aggressive statements come up, it's all we have to run on

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wonder how they got on a tangent about an old rear end arcade game in this episode of Melr0210

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

thrawn527 posted:

I think I found it.

INVESTIGATE
THE
JAMEMASTER

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

clown shoes posted:

Gabrus is insufferable and ruins this show.

Yeah this. I love this show and I usually enjoy the guests they have on, but this episode was drat near unlistenable. Gabrus just bulldozes over everyone and sucks the usual chemistry right out of the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ken episode is out. Some great reactions to the insanity Eric informs them of.