Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AOTKPTW
Nov 27, 2011

#nalPlE
Anyone been able to access/download NFS: Hot Pursuit on Game Pass PC yet? I can't seem to find it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

infraboy posted:

Can someone convince me to keep the series X I got off Target if I already have a PS5 and RTX 3080 equipped PC?

Not really interested in current gamrpass offerings, I could see myself playing cross platform games on it as the most convincing argument to myself.

I only bought mine because I could not get a reasonably priced 3080. If you already have one, and a PS5 on top, you have no need for Xbox. Everything on it that is worth playing is also availabe on Win10.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

WattsvilleBlues posted:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-RRT-0...2e-aca8f78beebe

Xbox Series X available at Amazon UK. Get it while it's there, folks.

Thank you blessed clown man, I have acquired the gaming fridge :dance:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

I only bought mine because I could not get a reasonably priced 3080. If you already have one, and a PS5 on top, you have no need for Xbox. Everything on it that is worth playing is also availabe on Win10.
I only have a 1660 Super and my series X is definitely worth it over taking out a Ray Stantz sized mortgage out for a 3080. Even stuff like Destiny 2 looks way better because it's scaled down from 4k. I'm not gonna get 4k/60+fps/ray tracing on my PC until all the cryptominers are launched into the sun.

American McGay posted:

Sell the 3080 for $2500 and keep the XSX. Quick Resume is that good.
this too

Roman fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 24, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Halo LANs are still a thing and still kick rear end. A month or two ago I went to a LAN party where we played with two Xbox One consoles and a laptop. So, there's some "couch co-op" for you. Btw, console has mouse and keyboard support. So, if you need an extra controller for another player you can always opt to purchase a cheap mouse+keyboard combo instead of spending $50 on a new controller from the store.

https://twitter.com/NickArcadeX/status/1391199345995829248

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AOTKPTW posted:

Anyone been able to access/download NFS: Hot Pursuit on Game Pass PC yet? I can't seem to find it!
It's still listed as EA Play Pro so it probably just hasn't been switched over on EA's side yet.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
If it gives you a splitscreen view anyway and you’re all in the same room, what’s the benefit of using multiple consoles and a LAN? Couldn’t you just use one console and multiple controllers/K+M? Or are you over complicating it for the fun of it?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I did exactly the same thing. You will both be able to play at the same time.

It just gets weird when an achievement pops up for a game you are not playing.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hot Pursuit Remastered is up on normal EA Play on both console and PC.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I loved halo campaigns in coop but also I was 13 and you couldn’t play consoles online

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Fwiw the prices on these have started to fall a bit and could continue to fall.

I have a 3080 and an Xbox and I actually use the Xbox a lot more these days because the couch is comfortable.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

infraboy posted:

Not really interested in current gamrpass offerings

Have you actually looked at gamepass.....

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

MarcusSA posted:

I have a 3080 and an Xbox and I actually use the Xbox a lot more these days because the couch is comfortable.

It is indeed, and that's why I play most of my PC games these days using steam big picture on my TV from my couch.

And that is precisely why I need a 3080(Ti).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im modding metro exodus to have a much faster walkspeed, a decent consolation prize to only getting gtx1070 graphics

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

oh god does the walking in exodus still feel like absolute rear end?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Seltzer posted:

Have you actually looked at gamepass.....

Own and bearen all the Yakuza games, Doom Eternal + DLC, Control + already own all the Gears and halo games from previous xboxes. There are a bunch missing but all the game pass games seem relatively older and are always on sale to purchase outright anyways, at least until things like Infinite and Starfield

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
If anything Game Pass is annoying because the handful of games I bought for "when I'm caught up on Game Pass" have gone untouched for like six months.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

American McGay posted:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I will say game pass initially was a terrible value for me because I am an idiot who buys games at release for full price anyway, but now that so many titles are hitting day 1 on game pass I might actually just stop buying poo poo, at least on Xbox.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I keep wanting to install that Disneyland game....

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I can’t believe I’m going to buy a controller that says GOON SQUAD on it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want to order tales of arise but what if they announce it for day 1 gamepass... gamepass is killing preordering. spitting in the face of honourable gamers like me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why would you ever preorder anything? lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

I keep wanting to install that Disneyland game....

I did this and do not recommend it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Cyberpunk 2077 was the nail in the preordering coffin for me. Never again and never look back. Ignore the hype and appreciate what you already have in the meantime.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Why would you ever preorder anything? lol

Gamer Clout

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Most games with physical copies don't really sell out on day 1 anyways, may as well wait for a few official reviews.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

infraboy posted:

Can someone convince me to keep the series X I got off Target if I already have a PS5 and RTX 3080 equipped PC?

Not really interested in current gamrpass offerings, I could see myself playing cross platform games on it as the most convincing argument to myself.

Sell it to me!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Beastie posted:

Sell it to me!

If someone is in the SF bay area i'd let someone pick it up at cost, haven't even picked it up from Target yet.

I do want to convince myself to keep it for myself, I just remember buying the Xbox One only to play Halo 5 and a couple of Gears games and it otherwise sat for long periods collecting dust while I playing PS4 all the time. It just seems like it would be the same deal if I kept the Series X.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 24, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Vince MechMahon posted:

lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

infraboy posted:

If someone is in the SF bay area i'd let someone pick it up at cost, haven't even picked it up from Target yet.

I do want to convince myself to keep it for myself, I just remember buying the Xbox One only to play Halo 5 and a couple of Gears games and it otherwise sat for long periods collecting dust while I playing PS4 all the time. It just seems like it would be the same deal if I kept the Series X.

I'll just say that there will be games that don't go pc from console and vice versa. Plus coop will be easier in console depending on the game. I'd keep it in your situation.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Kevyn posted:

If it gives you a splitscreen view anyway and you’re all in the same room, what’s the benefit of using multiple consoles and a LAN? Couldn’t you just use one console and multiple controllers/K+M? Or are you over complicating it for the fun of it?

If you have more than 4 people, which we did. Then you need multiple consoles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I'm getting sound issues playing Sonic Generations on my Series X, it crackles and skips every few seconds. Is this normal? I can't find anyone else complaining about this online. I haven't seen this with any other 360 games and it's a huge bummer.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Vince MechMahon posted:

What if I want to fantasize about sex with Disney Princesses?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Game pass day one stuff is always a pleasant surprise, even when its an absolute turd of a game.

Lammasu posted:

Is Dory a disney princess to you?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox: Finding Horny

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lammasu posted:

Uhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Sorry if you’re looking to have sex with cartoon characters you want the Switch thread