Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

rjmccall posted:

On the other hand, lol Gambit got washed out of qualifiers in two series against lower division teams
I mean, noone and sonneiko basically killed the team when they left for Navi right before the major

So basically

McSharpie posted:

lmao eat poo poo Na'Vi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Thinking very hard about navi's last game in that one TI where dazzle gave an enemy rubick weave in a heavy physical lineup and then graved himself after dendi spent 20 minutes straight hiding in the trees doing nothing

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Ah right, I couldn’t remember which team that was from

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Spirit played some sloppy dota to lose a lot of a huge early lead, but they are so much more efficient on the map they've earned most of it back while little has been happening.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This game feels like it comes down to if Spirit can do things with their Axe manta shard and Invoker cataclysm timing.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Huge fight from Spirit. I was worried for Spirit's TA because of the Wyvern and TB on puckchamp, but the invoker cata and Axe won that fight

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

This game feels like it comes down to if Spirit can do things with their Axe manta shard and Invoker cataclysm timing.

And they did. Some pickoffs into a huge fight at Rosh and now they're multiple rax and over 20k ahead.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobnrollGaming/status/1408151661227413512

the least they could do is bring back the really good steam sales

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Pamela Springstein posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobnrollGaming/status/1408151661227413512

the least they could do is bring back the really good steam sales

lmao they're so loving cheap

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
bat rider looks like absolute poo poo every game in every region

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

jsoh posted:

bat rider looks like absolute poo poo every game in every region

That's because it's a bad hero that should be removed from the game.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Remember when fn came on the scene and people were amazed that he hand a hand tattoo, but then Nikobaby got a full neck tat and fn became 100% irrelevant?

Well anyways, Team Unique was eliminated.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

That's because it's a bad hero that should be removed from the game.

It only took 7 or 8 patches of straight nerfs to make batrider look unimpressive

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

EorayMel posted:

It only took 7 or 8 patches of straight nerfs to make batrider look unimpressive

I really don't get the hate icefrog has for the batbro. His kit is super unique and pros find ways to utilize it so he keeps nerfing him. Like who cares if an offlaner can jungle?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I really don't get the hate icefrog has for the batbro. His kit is super unique and pros find ways to utilize it so he keeps nerfing him. Like who cares if an offlaner can jungle?

icefrog doesnt hate the hero, he loves the hero. the problem is that the hero is either absolutely broken or completely unplayable and there's not much in the middle.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Oh no a broken hero in dota.

:Kirk shocked meme face:.

There's enough snatch and burst counters right now. Let bat boy be bat boy.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

:Kirk shocked meme face:.

There's enough snatch and burst counters right now. Let bat boy be bat boy.

yeah the hero isnt about lasso anymore because they nerfed lasso into the ground, the hero is about the insane magic damage you have in the early game and the crazy move speed you get with firefly

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Do folks even build Force Staff on bat anymore? That seemed to be what enabled pos3/4 in the past.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Infinity (the team that beat NoPing) advanced to the upper bracket finals

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Jerk McJerkface posted:

uh, yeah? broken heroes are discovered in a lot of patches, and when they get discovered and solidified in the meta it sucks rear end. They are correctly always nerfed to the point where they're not broken anymore(sometimes it takes more than one patch). It has nothing to do with hate, this is a cycle that's happened for almost every single hero in dota.

IMO bat should be rebalanced more around his ult than firefly like it is now, but it is very good that he was nerfed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah back in the day he was like Wyvern in the pro scene, where he was either banned in every game or would be picked every game, he was that good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

lmao they're so loving cheap

Look you can't expect poor valve to pay casters, they only make an odd 100+ million usd from TI

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Zurreco posted:

Do folks even build Force Staff on bat anymore? That seemed to be what enabled pos3/4 in the past.

Sometimes, but when sidelane bat was good, force was better and travels were worse iirc

But the sidelane bat is dead because of changes to napalm mainly IMO. He doesn’t crush turn rate in one cast/with one skill point anymore (since 7.27b)

Navi going out vs Empire!

emdash fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jun 25, 2021

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Valve clearly hosed up with this battlepass but I know how to fix it, change the required levels to hit Spectre arcana to 322

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Empire is the secret dark horse, they can't stop winning

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
i have a dumb af question re TI, is there 0% chance now that it's going to be happening at the dates they set before the sweden kerfuffle?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

i have a dumb af question re TI, is there 0% chance now that it's going to be happening at the dates they set before the sweden kerfuffle?

I think its higher than 0, as swapping dates is likely a pain for scheduling, if they can't find a venue that works for that timeslot however...

I also want Nemiga to win this vs PC, been watching them all through the LB

edit: holy poo poo I cursed em, went from like 2k lead to 25k lead, what a disasterous rosh encounter

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 25, 2021

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Get hosed team poachers

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Techies ban vs Hellraisers again. Runnin scared

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is the big match imo, hellraisers and team spirit are both incredibly good

Also lol the techies ban god bless

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I really like W_Zayac’s hero pool. One of my favorite pub match spectating targets.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Really hate that I have to pick sides here. On one hand, I love the idea of techies being a constant menace upon TI where they have to ban it every single game. On the other, TorontoTokyo is a great nickname

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I don't want to see Techies on any competitive stage because then I'll have to ban it in my pubs

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

HR is playing out of their minds today

E: reso :stare:

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 25, 2021

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
I had to play a 70 minute game with a friendly techies that had 0 tower damage even after we took megas at 35 min.

Please don't encourage more lovely pub techies.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

trent i swear to god if you dont take off that blazer and put on a leafs jersey or an ancient chinese warrior costume or something im gonna be mad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Resolution is an absolutely godly Magnus, he's so good at making these plays

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Reso absolutely crushed it on Brood yesterday, hitting t3s at like 12 minutes. he came to play this event.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TTs getting real lucky with these pings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
CIS what a region