Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Weirdly enough, there was a Nickelodeon-themed game that totally ripped this game off. I'm not even joking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicktoons:_Freeze_Frame_Frenzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So how were the tons of incredibly racist designs in that one?

Iambic Pentameter
Sep 21, 2017

Yeah it's a shame about some of the imagery in Gekisha Boy, it's a pretty fun and unique title

Also I guess the word ghetto was added to the fantranslation, didn't see it in the episode:

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Skid Row, maybe?
The games is from 1992, almost 20 years. Of course some of the cartoons will look a bit different then you would do it today. But even in the Asterix comics one of the pirates looks like those drawings today.

Anyway, that episode was really fun again. Thank you so much for the translation!

I wonder, if someone at the Pokémon company was a fan of this game and came up with SNAP? xD

Encha277
May 8, 2007

That was a great episode! Thank you for the translation. It's always nice to see these weird little titles even if there isn't really much to the gameplay. It seemed like they wanted to give Arino something lighter before he had to play Dragon Quest.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Idk how long the GCCX Twitch stream has been around, but I appreciate it a lot. I stopped following it a long while back after binging a bunch of episodes and then burning out on it (but not before buying the Discotek DVD). It's just great background noise or something to peek into once in a while.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

There's at least two at the moment, one showing only subbed episodes and another which includes raws as well. There's been several over the last few years with different people running them, but I agree that they're been great to pop in every now and then especially with the lockdowns. (same can be said with many other livestreams, found a lot of new stuff to follow when I had more time to be at home and watch streams)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nakayama and his wife had a daughter sometime last year, it seems.

He calls himself "an old man with a cute daughter" in his Twitter profile, and there's several (face obscured) pictures of a baby in his timeline as well.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Has anyone made a super cut of every time Arino negs Watanabe about her weight? Some of them are brutal.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

why would anyone want that, it's easily the worst thing in the show

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I recently had the opportunity to play the newest version of a long-running music game I've been a fan of for a... long-running time... and a song that should've been entirely new to me sounded strangely familiar. Why would I know this 80's-sounding J-pop cover? Then the chorus came in, and I got it! (They used this in the segment about games with lewd scenes, I think.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 20, 2021

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Some familiar-looking faces were making games on Nintendo Japan's official channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF3L9H1xX24

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

been getting back into gccx after not following for years. just wanted to say thank you to everyone who make these translations possible! :cheerdoge:

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Game Center CX 317 - The Legend of Zelda (1) [GooseCanyon]

Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

Excuse me Arino, don’t you think you’ve gambled enough?

No!

Okay. We’re required by law to ask every 75 hours.

https://nyaa.si/view/1402695

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hrm, nyaa.si still isn't playing nice with me for whatever reason. Might have to look into whatever's making it fail to load.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Alxprit posted:

Hrm, nyaa.si still isn't playing nice with me for whatever reason. Might have to look into whatever's making it fail to load.

Thanks but yeah, same here.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks a lot! Been looking forward to this one.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Verizon is blocking nyaa.si and other sites like mangadex on a very, very deep isp level, supposedly because of anti ddos tactics against a Russian service provider. Either use the opera browser with it's built in VPN, use your own vpn service, or access the site through another isp like your mobile service provider or something

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
If you can't access nyaa.si directly, you can use the magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9be78e3a8978133554a2a80e4de1977a0124f665

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

FredMSloniker posted:

If you can't access nyaa.si directly, you can use the magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9be78e3a8978133554a2a80e4de1977a0124f665
Thanks, that worked :coal:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah, thanks for that. I don't suppose it would be too much to ask for the magnet link attached from here on out too just in case this situation doesn't resolve itself?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

pnumoman posted:

Verizon is blocking nyaa.si and other sites like mangadex on a very, very deep isp level, supposedly because of anti ddos tactics against a Russian service provider. Either use the opera browser with it's built in VPN, use your own vpn service, or access the site through another isp like your mobile service provider or something

I don't live in America so its a wider issue.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Mister Chief posted:

I don't live in America so its a wider issue.

Well, nyaa itself is currently up and doing fine, so it may be your local equivalent to how Verizon is just quietly nuking connections to various sites hosted by DDoS-Guard.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Really been looking forward to this one. Kind of amazing he hadn't played it until Season 25.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Please subtitle the English bits too (the new corner) for us hard of hearing/deaf and/or not natively English folks if possible. Thank you for the new release!

EDIT: swapped period and exclamation mark positions.

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Thanks so much for the translation! Great episode!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

pnumoman posted:

Well, nyaa itself is currently up and doing fine, so it may be your local equivalent to how Verizon is just quietly nuking connections to various sites hosted by DDoS-Guard.

Well thanks for explaining what's happening either way.

Great to finally see the English segment. Been looking forward to seeing that.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
For some reason I wasn't sure how well that was going to translate to a GCCX episode but it turned out great, can't wait for part 2. Thanks Goose + team.

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019
Is Kate available to teach me nihongo? MONKEY GET!

And may the geese continue to be the most noble of avians. Praise to thee!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Big thanks for the translation and the magnet link, both greatly appreciated.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Major Helper posted:

Please subtitle the English bits too (the new corner) for us hard of hearing/deaf and/or not natively English folks if possible. Thank you for the new release!

EDIT: swapped period and exclamation mark positions.

This please.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gaming/introducing-top-gear-gaming-show

Do we have to rename the thread now?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

No way, our title is now more retro than some of the games Arino plays.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Tomorrow seems to be the "long broadcast day" for GCCX:

7/15 (Thursday)
5 continuous broadcasts.

18: 00- # 307 "Psycho Dream"
19: 00- # 308 "Esper Dream"
20: 00- # 309 "The NewZealand Story"
21: 00- # 310 "Quiz Star"
22: 00 ~ # 311 "Sailor Moon"
24: 00- # 312 "Bloody Wolf"

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Here's a link to subtitles for Zelda part 1 that has the native English in white italics. Starting with Zelda part 2 this will be included as an alternate subtitle track. Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to our attention.

https://pastebin.com/raw/7c0jPP72

GooseCanyon fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 14, 2021

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you so much <3

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

GooseCanyon posted:

Here's a link to subtitles for Zelda part 1 that has the native English in white italics. Starting with Zelda part 2 this will be included as an alternate subtitle track. Thanks everyone for bringing this issue to our attention.

https://pastebin.com/raw/7c0jPP72

Awesome! Thank you for doing this! And doing more episodes! One episode is always over too fast :-)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

This might be my favorite segment ever.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Twozxs4

Edit - Kan's end speech over the prizes had him saying "We'll have a fan event next summer for sure.
, so it's decent speculation to thinkvtje year-end DVD event is cancelled this year too."

Also, the next episode has "a huge announcement from a staff member."

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 26, 2021

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Good and surreal to spend the past hour or so catching up on many, many pages of the thread as I had somehow erroneously came to the conclusion that the thread had just vanished outright into the ether.

This despite keeping up with all the Goose Feasts(tremendous thanks and congrats to you all) and general twitter side of things(there can never be enough belated congrats to the newly wedded after what a saga it has been) all the while. The perils of not wandering sub-forums more often~

The levity the show has delivered within the extra potent vacuum and isolation of the past year or so has surely never been more appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlanetFlavor
Apr 15, 2019

Kakaricho posted:

This might be my favorite segment ever.

Seconded. It's amazing that GCCX can still manage to find ways to top themselves after all of these years. Other than the inability to do the TamaGe segments, the show is as strong as it's ever been.