Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna destroy 20% of dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the colors and animation it looked good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3GbjO2NXFw But yeah I do have to actually check it out as I don't know anything about it.

Things can look good while being horribly mismanaged, and a trailer isn't a guarantee the show will look as good 12 episodes later.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That’s not a shounen show?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
surely they'll put their best foot forward as they need to look good alongside the other coolkyou show this summer

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Strange Quark posted:

Things can look good while being horribly mismanaged, and a trailer isn't a guarantee the show will look as good 12 episodes later.

Never said it would hold up, it just looks interesting enough for me to check it out.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

surely they'll put their best foot forward as they need to look good alongside the other coolkyou show this summer

its gonna have plenty of sex perversion fitting the creators at least

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Space Flower posted:

the momotaro one is also written by coolkyou, he's everywhere this season

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Wark Say posted:

Wait, Night Head? Wasn't that like a VN or something from the same guys that did Steins Gate?
I think that one was called Chaos Head

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

there's also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWOG9q2HpI

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tales of Woe posted:

Wait seriously.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Tales of Woe posted:

rofl. the time has come

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

summer 2021 it's nice and cool inside

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

who wins, maidragon or the other ss show

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sindai posted:

I think that one was called Chaos Head
poo poo, I believe you're right. Well nevermind my forgetfulness. :sweatdrop:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You're thinking of Chaos;Head which already got an anime.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By the way, don't watch the Chaos;Head anime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Whose eyes are those eyes? Not mine.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

All I want from Maidragon is for them to skip the story with the dick.
Summer 2021 - Skip the story with the dick. :ccb:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The stuff I'm going to start watching for Summer 2021 are:

Sonny Boy (because that teaser episode sold me incredibly hard)
Battle in 5 Seconds (because I actually have read the manga and am really curious how they're going to adapt this)
Night Head 2041 (the other Night Head anime is on my plan to watch list, but is this like a remake/reimagining?)
D_CIDE TRAUMUREI (stupid name, but the PV looks neat and I liked the music it had for the PV. probably either gonna drop the ball hard or be a sleeper hit)

There's a couple whose premise I was kind of interested in but the PV did not sell me on it, so I'm going to wait to see the reactions and go from there:
Meikyuu Black Company
Vanitas Case Study
Detective is Already Dead

also im holding off on Scarlet Nexus til I can find out whether it spoils the game or not bc I was actually kind of interested in the game.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I really want to watch and enjoy Kanojo mo Kanojo but I wish the author/translators would stop with the cheating terminology by calling it two-timing and just embrace the poly harem lifestyle because it's still probably the best media involving polyamory around.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
For Summer 2021 probably going to watch:

Maid Dragon, My Hero Aca, maybe I might give Mahouka Koukou a shot since its apparently a more female focused season, Higurashi sequel of course.

Nothing else is obviously of interest, I'd need to dig into the synopsis and plot details to figure out what of anything else is worth looking into.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Is Magia Record s2 actually happening?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the sheer lack of enthusiasm in this thread for uramichi oniisan is supremely disappointing

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

the sheer lack of enthusiasm in this thread for uramichi oniisan is supremely disappointing

the studio credentials look... barren

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I imagine someone will make a thread at some point and I can then take a look at the OP and determine my level of hype from the committee recommendation based off of the relevant testimony.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm pretending i could keep up the watchlists of 10+ shows from earlier this year but honestly so many of these will die
  • random shonen that could kill each other over a single show slot: Idaten or Vanitas
  • mysterious show i desire to understand: Peach Boy Riverside
  • shows beyond the usual and comforting: Girlfriend Girlfriend, Megami-ryo, Bokutachi no Remake, Jahy
  • obligatory checking out the sports shows: RE-MAIN, Kageki Shoujo
  • dramas i may or may not be in the mood for: Dead Detective, Aquatope
  • comedy giving me the vibe of a bad adaptation: Uramichi Oniisan
  • the random shows i have Chosen for their vibe: Night Head, D_CIDE, 5s Battle
  • safe quality picks: Dragonmaid S, Fena, Sonny Boy
i won't deny realist hero or the potion thing if they actually don't suck but i'm loathe to give such isekai a foothold. also i don't care that Idaten is in a seinen mag.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'll pull a Cestvs and watch an episode of Getter out of grim curiosity before telling people to read the manga

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Captain Invictus posted:

never really made waves when it was scanlated, though i guess it's now licensed? who knows, maybe the anime could generate renewed interest with its atypical premise

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

hosed up that Cestvs was the best written boxing anime this season!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

uramichi's synopsis just makes it sound like bad SZS and the director's recent history is not inspiring

AlternateNu posted:

it got announced for "summer" like a week or two ago with no airdate so who knows. maybe it's starting late

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man I hope Slime is interesting. I don’t want it not to be. Lol I remember thinking Spider was so much better at one point.

Kageki Shouko! seems like something I’d watch.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the slime! :mad:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Seems like it would feel clammy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Shion posted:

gently caress the slime! :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Seems like it would feel clammy.
Issuing a correction to a previously indiscrete post of mine regarding the genocidal slime: Nobody should engage the slime in bawdy physical activities. :shobon:

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
My Summer 2021 plate:

-Love Live Superstar: maybe I'll actually watch more than one episode
-D_CIDE TRAUMUREI: Bushiroad has me in its grasp and I didn't learn from Joran
-Aquatope on White Sand: I need something soft and I like the two lead seiyuu

Might dip back and watch Odd Taxi if I drop anything.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

AlternateNu posted:

there was an official announcement, so im gonna have to say no, it's a two-month-late april fools joke

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Issuing a correction to a previously indiscrete post of mine regarding the genocidal slime: Nobody should engage the slime in bawdy physical activities. :shobon:

So you're saying any sex with the genocidal slime should be a somber, restrained affair. Got it.

Anyway, my main plan for next season is to try to get around to Vivy and Odd Taxi. There's some continuing shows (including my unexplained self-inflicted torture from SD Gundam World Heroes, assuming that shitshow continues) and I'll probably check out Getter and Musashi, but there's not much I'm remotely excited about.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Why must thou hate Rimuru so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Full Dive RPG bringing its SSS+ tier animators to the game