Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
MyCrimes.bmp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:ohdear:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
cat named bitcoin responsible for fewer dead birds than actual bitcoin

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

channeling tibane?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

turn off phone. put in plastic bag. put in tire. stash tire.

consolidate crypto

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my “I did NOT attempt to overthrow the US government on Jan. 6” T-shirt seems to be causing people to ask questions already answered by the shirt

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

he never got to use his longboard to make a dramatic escape from the cops

this whole list sounds like an even more pathetic version of a 6 year old "running away" with a suitcase full of toys

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The_Franz posted:

he never got to use his longboard to make a dramatic escape from the cops

a longboard really doesn't hold up to this dude:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-suspect-underwater-sea-scooter-escape-lake-shasta-california/

quote:

When agents went to arrest Piercey, he hopped in a pickup and led them on a chase that ended at the shoreline of the lake north of Redding.

"Then, Piercey abandoned his truck near the edge of Lake Shasta, pulled something out of it, and swam into Lake Shasta," federal prosecutors wrote in court documents calling Piercey a flight risk. "Piercey spent some time out of sight underwater where law enforcement could only see bubbles."

Agents later learned Piercey had a sea scooter, a motorized device that pull users underwater at speeds of about 4 miles per hour.

i love the mental image of the FBI agents just standing there, watching him put put put around in circles at 4 miles per hour under water, waiting for him to get bored.

oh and in case you were wondering, yes his scam involved crypto, of course it involved crypto, you don't need me to tell you that

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

• step 1: buy crypto
  • step 2: put phone in tire
  • step 3: ???
  • step 4: return of trump & presidential pardon

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i wonder how much frosses family paid to lock in that presidential pardon they thought they were getting

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Boxturret posted:

i wonder how much frosses family paid to lock in that presidential pardon they thought they were getting

I hope they bet the other house on it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The_Franz posted:

• step 1: buy crypto
  • step 2: put phone in tire
  • step 3: ???
  • step 4: return of trump & presidential pardon
  • step 5: slash tire
  • step 6: return tire for full refund

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
no it's "chargeback tyre claiming you never ordered it"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
has anyone said "no mcafees"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A fool and his money are soon apartheid

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

Alan Smithee posted:

Double spend on the post chain!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

El Salvador's plan is going well.

https://twitter.com/mxgxw_alpha/status/1408295772861386752

"I hope that all the bitcoin-bro that have been praising government decisions in the last week are happy that the government star App asks you to associate your identity with the wallet.

Very bitcoin of you.

Thanks idiots."

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

an authoritarian government wanting control of things? wow.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

yes, a government that is going to embrace a philosophy in every respect that calls for its own dissolution is definitely going to happen

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Soricidus posted:

has anyone said "no mcafees"

“Blowholecoin” doesn’t roll off the tongue like “Buttcoin.”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bitcoin: be owned by the bank!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Be owned or die trying.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

kw0134 posted:

yes, a government that is going to embrace a philosophy in every respect that calls for its own dissolution is definitely going to happen
:ussr:

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
is there a place where people are talking about GME the way bitcoin gets talked about here?

cuz there is this r/superstonk GME investment cult that seems to have a lot parallels to BTC. they have their own to the moon, they have their own strong hands, etc.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
find whatever thread zaurg is allowed to post in

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

los hermanos bitcoins

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

los hermanos bitcoins
Gus' laundromat but it's a front and heatsink for a bitcoin mining op powered by meth heads on hamster wheels

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Dren posted:

is there a place where people are talking about GME the way bitcoin gets talked about here?

cuz there is this r/superstonk GME investment cult that seems to have a lot parallels to BTC. they have their own to the moon, they have their own strong hands, etc.

Do you really think those are two disjoint groups?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shumagorath posted:

find whatever thread zaurg is allowed to post in

That's only his thread in PMF though.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
for example this is some classic r/bitcoin poo poo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/comments/o7nm5z/how_can_citadel_win_when_apes_have_a_mindset_like/

quote:

How can Citadel win when apes have a mindset like this? They can’t.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

jfc

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dear god, the third comment on that link...

quote:

These hedgies don’t know… but a lot of us used our ira or 401k to buy gme too. We aren’t going to sell those. We can wait on those because we can’t even take the money out. They belong to the infinity pool for everyone else. These hedgies can’t win. Can only delay the inevitable. Buy and hodl apes. Only direction is up. See you all on the moon.

EDIT:

And it just keeps getting worse...

quote:

Literally the reason we can’t lose is that we are also basically buying into what could become the next Apple of the electronics sector. Cause even if they just open a pc app to challenge steams monopoly on pc games distribution without the NFTs they could become a powerhouse of the tech world.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

GME turned brick and mortar into the new blockchain

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
this is your brain on presuming "the narrative" is all that matters

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

well good for them i guess for finding something to completely devote themselves to

bit weird that it's meme stocks but atleast it isn't a murder cult(yet)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

well good for them i guess for finding something to completely devote themselves to

bit weird that it's meme stocks but atleast it isn't a murder cult(yet)
a cult where people will their estate to the founder and are liquidated to buy more shares is like a one-page charter/manifesto my man

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Here's what happened. My exchange was being moved mid-transaction from the area south of Kirkuk to Mosul. Blackhawks land at a COP to pick up some satoshis and move them to FOB Warrior for further onward movement. En route, one of the pilots or crew drops his loving BITCOIN outside the helicopter into the moondust at night. (Rumor said it was a pilot who hadn't secured it with his epoxy after taking a piss.)

My company, already living at FOB Warrior and pulling the QRF mission gets the dumbest loving assignment of all time. Go to the specified wallet and look for the bitcoin. At night. In a desert crisscrossed by irrigation canals. Care to guess how many seconds after dropping the crypto they thought to grab a grid, and how fast they were moving? Yeah.

So one of my buddies and his exchange go out look for the thing for an hour, and head back.

So then some genius, and I would love to know if it was at my BN ops or the aviation BN/BDE, TASKS TWO loving PONZIS TO GO LOOK FOR THE BITCOIN FROM THE AIR, WITH THEIR OPTICS, AT NIGHT. I don't know how long they tried this asshattery, but at some point they crashed into each other. The same loving exchange from my company went back out, secured the aircraft and bodies, and waited for EOD to come take care of the GPUs and other fun stuff sitting near/in burning fuel and then the recovery vehicles.

I would have heard if they ever executed anyone over this, so I guess no one was sufficiently punished. The most infuriating thing about the exchange is leaders who can't adapt TTPs to different situations or understand why we do things a certain way and why it's completely asinine in changed circumstances. Some dipshit decided he needed to do the closest thing to a hands across the desert he could for a missing sensitive item, and four currencies died.

A week later the insurgency found that bitcoin and that's why we have ISIS now.

:911:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

you are the best poster in this thread

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

vortmax posted:

you are the best poster in this thread

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013