Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

platypus parade

not a funny thread i'm just interested. let's make it more complete by doing sun, moon, and rising.

rising sign is how you present yourself to the world or the first impression you make

moon is how you process your emotions, it's sort of the self you show to yourself, also related to your relationship w your mom

sun is your "self," it's the position that you play in the world also somewhat related to your relationship w your dad

if u ask me (thanks for asking) the purpose of astrology isn't to tell you who you are, its to break the hold of other forces that try to tell you who you are by providing a different perspective...its just as useful and interesting to look at your chart and think "wtf that's not accurate at all" as it is to say "thats totally me" and the deeper you go into various traditions and interpretations, not to mention the more different aspects of your chart you bring in (planetary/house placement, conjunctions and oppositions etc.) the richer and more nuanced the picture becomes until your really unlikely to see a black and white "me/not me" picture emerge and much more likely to see something contingent and conditional and flexibile and that's when your tapping into the power of INTUITION that leads to
genuine self knowledge

my signs are

sun: Libra
moon: Libra
rising: Leo

what are yours? :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platypus parade

reserved

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

"stop"

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

platypus parade

thats your sun sign but your moon sign is "slow children xing" and your rising is "wide load"

xcheopis

Danger: Do Not Play On Or Around

Year: Dragon
Moon: 5th
Day: 19th
Hour: Horse

e: I think my elements are metal and wood but can't find where I'd noted that

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 19, 2021

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

alexandriao

road works ahead

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"I'm a Feces, but my friends call me Number Two!" -Bob Nelson, comedian

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Taurus/Gemini cusp down to the minute for Sun, Aquarius moon and Libra ascendant.

I would say it's accurate, I am intense on a good day.

platypus parade

Mormon Nailer posted:

Taurus/Gemini cusp

cuspy sun signs are cool because they lead to all sorts of interesting house placements for planets and generally speaking consecutive signs do interesting things together partly because of the cardinal/fixed/mutable sequence. like taurus is the ultimate "down to earth" sign and gemini is flappy and floaty like a butterfly so that's some big growth energy, a powerful desire to try all sorts of new things. makes sense that might look like a libra at first.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

platypus parade posted:

cuspy sun signs are cool because they lead to all sorts of interesting house placements for planets and generally speaking consecutive signs do interesting things together partly because of the cardinal/fixed/mutable sequence. like taurus is the ultimate "down to earth" sign and gemini is flappy and floaty like a butterfly so that's some big growth energy, a powerful desire to try all sorts of new things. makes sense that might look like a libra at first.

Yeah it's pretty on the nose. Plus you throw in that Aquarius moon energy and, well.

I'm not a pleasant ride.

Eta:

Randy Travesty fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 19, 2021

The Voice of Labor

all dresses half off

okiedoke

I am the Doke to the Okie
Hufflepuff, running a black/ blue deck and a -10 to initiative.

Heather Papps

hello friend

someone made me a chart once lemme see if i can find it

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Sun sign: grass

Moon sign: bug

:palmon:

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Its my birthday tomorrow, so that

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bilirubin posted:

Its my birthday tomorrow, so that

Happy birthday tomorrow!!!!!

Bilirubin

Mormon Nailer posted:

Happy birthday tomorrow!!!!!

Tomorrow me thanks you today!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

cruft

I'm unsigned.

I go all the way up to 255 :wink:

nut

bad guy

sun: purple
moon: monkey
rising: cheese

it means i'm lolrandom :imunfunny: but in a chill way :byob1: and i'm always down to talk about teh epic bacon haxorz. if that's TMI :dealwithit: because i'm the fwiggin ninja pirate :ninja: :yarr: of glomp :glomp: at least according to my horoscope!

Escape From Noise

Dangerous Curves Ahead

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
a scorpion stinging itself while giving the finger to the rest of the zodiac

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Areola Grande

I'd buy that for a dollar but $8 is pushing it

Areola Grande

not literally pushing it. ykwim

Escape From Noise

prepuce repurposed posted:

not literally pushing it. ykwim

P-push it real good!

Gramps

Sun: Aries (right on the Taurus cusp)
Moon: Scorpio
Ascendant: Libra

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gramps posted:

Sun: Aries (right on the Taurus cusp)
Moon: Scorpio
Ascendant: Libra

Hello 4/20 baby, my mother is also a 4/20 baby and she's got the big directness and the big stubborn and it's funny

Gramps

Mormon Nailer posted:

Hello 4/20 baby, my mother is also a 4/20 baby and she's got the big directness and the big stubborn and it's funny

Lol 4/19 in the evening but yeah. As much as I wanna say Astrology is hokum uhhhh DIRECT AND STUBBORN in the biggest letters possible describes me a little too well. I've always found it really fun to check out people's charts that I know and see just how well it describes them.

Part of me thinks the whole astrology thing is how the character generator algorithm in this program we're all stuck in works.

Edit: Here's my chart from Co-Star

Gramps fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 26, 2021

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Turns out I'm WAY too lazy to figure out astrology.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm a Leo, and about all I know more than that is my planet is the Sun, and fire is my element. I am charismatic and enjoy being the center of attention and will clown around but I don't mean any harm by it, I am a fierce and loyal friend and a moron sometimes, and am willing to admit it. Usually.

Also, I'm very partial to this sign:

:love::love::love:

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
I’m Cancer/Crab and a Rooster, not sure how to find out the other stuff. Used to have a book about it when I was young.

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

take the moon

by sebmojo
u can just astsro chart if u know when u were born

sun in sagittarius, moon in pisces and scorpio rising

essentially:

Buttchocks posted:

a scorpion stinging itself while giving the finger to the rest of the zodiac

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gramps

Uria aalge posted:

I’m Cancer/Crab and a Rooster, not sure how to find out the other stuff. Used to have a book about it when I was young.

the app Co-Star is free and does all that stuff (see my full chart a couple posts up from here)

Bilirubin

Gramps posted:

Lol 4/19 in the evening but yeah. As much as I wanna say Astrology is hokum uhhhh DIRECT AND STUBBORN in the biggest letters possible describes me a little too well. I've always found it really fun to check out people's charts that I know and see just how well it describes them.

Part of me thinks the whole astrology thing is how the character generator algorithm in this program we're all stuck in works.

Edit: Here's my chart from Co-Star

what does chaos mode do?

I kinda like that. Here are my planets, now gently caress THEM UP

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Gramps

Bilirubin posted:

what does chaos mode do?

I kinda like that. Here are my planets, now gently caress THEM UP

it lets you leave notes for yourself to be randomly deployed later I think

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax

Gramps posted:

the app Co-Star is free and does all that stuff (see my full chart a couple posts up from here)

Oh, thanks! Apparently I’m Cancer (sun), Gemini (moon) and Ascendant Leo.

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain

Bilirubin

I found some web based chart maker that did a detailed chart with all sorts of minor 10th houses or some poo poo, but one thing it said that was accurate in the spaghetti against the wall way the entire chart does was I would gravitate towards archaeology (I am a palaeontologist IRL) and I am like "whoa, oddly specific"

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I saw the sign, and it opened up my mind

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU