Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i will never forgive DICE for nerfing the SRAW against little birds and making it take more than 1 hit to take one down. complete bs

That's why you learned how to use the SMAW against choppers reliably so you could still pop the bastards as soon as they show up.

Either that or just trolling them from the next flag over with Stingers. :rms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

They also removed the ability to fire rockets from the side seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_qGDdp_37A

I wish they'd stop listening to reddit carebears.

Wait what?! I was just able to do that this week.

Edit: Do you just mean AA rockets?

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 24, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
My hottest possible Battlefield take; being able to repair choppers as passengers is stupid.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Since we’re doing hot takes: BF1 sucked because TTD felt incredibly short and I always died to someone way before I could see them.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

buglord posted:

Since we’re doing hot takes: BF1 sucked because TTD felt incredibly short and I always died to someone way before I could see them.

Curious as to when you started playing BF1, because they put out a patch fairly late in the game's life which did lower TTK, for the worse imo.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 24, 2021

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

jisforjosh posted:

Edit: Do you just mean AA rockets?

I must have misremembered it being all rockets. Didn't they remove the Javelin along with AA rockets?

Either way, DICE hates fun.

I'm curious how the new skybox works. In previous games, just being hyperaware of when the enemy air will spawn and hunting it down was usually enough to put you at a strong advantage in the air.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Insert name here posted:

:wrong: You can totally body someone with a sniper rifle in core because they all have 100 damage up to about 15m, so they'll die unless you hit a limb or they're running the defense spec (gives your chest the limb multiplier).

(The rest of the post is correct I'm just being needless nitpicky because I've gotten a significant about of sniper kills with iron-sight bolt-action bodyshots :v:)

Yeah, I remember having some good fun just plopping a red-dot or ironsights on the scout rifle and going hunting oldschool. It's a little like playing shotgun, just trading hipshooting and rate of fire for the ability to occasionally dome a guy from longer range.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

If you aren't just making GBS threads on tanks and LAVs as either an Attack Jet or suicide bombing them until they rage quit you aren't playing BF right.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Mordja posted:

Curious as to when you started playing BF1, because they put out a patch fairly late in the game's life which did lower TTK, for the worse imo.

Yeah I agree that bf1 was pretty solid from launch (tank balance was a bit screwy though) but I dropped off sometime on the second to last or the last map pack.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I am playing BF1 again after having quit for a while because despite there being like 5 different expansions worth of maps motherfuckers only ever wanted Sinai or Suez or Amiens

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

FAUXTON posted:

I am playing BF1 again after having quit for a while because despite there being like 5 different expansions worth of maps motherfuckers only ever wanted Sinai or Suez or Amiens

People who want to play Suez Conquest are sadists and masochists in the extreme. God that map sucks for that mode.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Orv posted:

My hottest possible Battlefield take; being able to repair choppers as passengers is stupid.
It's amazing and it makes BF what it is, but it is indeed too overpowered. Dice nerfed it several times, in fact, but I think ultimately choppers should be forced to land to be able to repair past a certain percentage.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

They did nerf it post-launch (can't remember how, I think the chopper have to be below a certain speed in order for the repairs to work?) but yeah it's very powerful. At launch they were legit more powerful than the attack choppers lol.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

BlackIronHeart posted:

People who want to play Suez Conquest are sadists and masochists in the extreme. God that map sucks for that mode.

Agreed that map blows

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Suez used to only have 3 points within grenade distance of each other

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Chronojam posted:

Suez used to only have 3 points within grenade distance of each other

Post fix Suez was one of the worst maps in Battlefield history. It's still bad but my God, 3 flags paired with the grenade spam at launch was horrendous

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Insert name here posted:

They did nerf it post-launch (can't remember how, I think the chopper have to be below a certain speed in order for the repairs to work?) but yeah it's very powerful. At launch they were legit more powerful than the attack choppers lol.

They just slowed down repair speed if you were in the air.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Being in a little bird full of people propane torching the sides of it as you went 50-0 is what Battlefield is all about.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
hell loving yes

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Between Sinai and Suez I want to know who hit their head on the DICE level design team. Like Sinai has this giant cluster of caps in the north but in the south (which is like 2/3rds of the size of the map) has a single solitary point all the way at the bottom? :confused:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I finally got to play some BF4 again tonight after wrestling with audio issues the last few times I tried and god drat it's like coming home. That game is still so loving good.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
There's a racist piece of poo poo named Axewolf spamming BF1 servers with racist bullshit. I reported him a few weeks ago and have multiple screenshots and this guy is still at it. He's been in 2 of my matches tonight despite leaving as soon as I noticed his spam.

Anything that can be done to get this guy banned? Reporting him through Origin does nothing and somehow modern Battlefield games lack the functionality to report players???

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Between Sinai and Suez I want to know who hit their head on the DICE level design team. Like Sinai has this giant cluster of caps in the north but in the south (which is like 2/3rds of the size of the map) has a single solitary point all the way at the bottom? :confused:

The guy who made Suez hit his head.

Sinai is great. It's got the traditional U shape and the point in the desert has a special kit and gives your team a plane so it's far out but has rewards for taking it. Also you can flank from that to the point closest to the enemies main base.

Suez is a lame linear map where each team only gets 1 vehicle and the train can't even cap points. If you try to flank you get sniped from a window. How boring.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

They should stop making maps with one vehicle each, it's bad.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Are there actually any non-hardcore servers with FF on for bf4/1/5?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Why do you need to shoot your teammates?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sereri posted:

Not gonna lie shooting all these medics that don't heal or rez and then using their kit to heal/rez is kinda tempting...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mustang posted:

There's a racist piece of poo poo named Axewolf spamming BF1 servers with racist bullshit. I reported him a few weeks ago and have multiple screenshots and this guy is still at it. He's been in 2 of my matches tonight despite leaving as soon as I noticed his spam.

Anything that can be done to get this guy banned? Reporting him through Origin does nothing and somehow modern Battlefield games lack the functionality to report players???

You have likely hit the extent of EA’s ability to care.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Sereri posted:

Some people are dipshits, and usually deserve it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Node posted:

Some people are dipshits, and usually deserve it.

Yeah I've wished FF was on every time some jackass puts his rear end/helmet in front of my gun while I'm trying to scare off a sniper

speaking of, I love shooting at a sniper, landing a couple hits, then dying to a headshot from that sniper and then while in killcam watching them get domed by a sniper on my team, and seeing suppression and kill assist come up. Exactly what is the point of suppression if it doesn't get in the way of some hirsute loner's rainman-esque understanding of videogame ballistics?

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Sereri posted:

Nah I was wondering if playing with FF on would lead to a more "careful" gameplay with less explosive spam etc.
I know there are HC servers and the like, but I don't want to play with lower TTK or to lose my HUD :shrug:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mustang posted:

He's actually also a cheater and he's been banned before. Just report him for everything on the list, including suicide threats. Eventually they'll get around to it.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
FF is good because it empowers good positioning and close quarters combat by making your enemies choose between mowing down their allies or choosing their shots carefully

It should be on in every mode in every FPS except in perhaps a playlist called "dumb baby mode for idiot children"

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Mustang posted:

I was in a game the other day and I nabbed the AA, and a friendly shot me with the tank, I guess upset that I took his ~precious~ AA. I realized then that theres no way to report anyone, even on a server level on that particular one. What a pile of horse poo poo.

I actually saw one maga tag too so far, which is a welcome change from warzone.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Do you really want to live in a world where the skygods can also kill you if you're on their team and you dare take their precious plane?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well if you just perpetually mine the runway then it's not an issue.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Also how is it that for a game with like 4 or 5 DLCs every sever seems to be the same 3 maps :argh:

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Also how is it that for a game with like 4 or 5 DLCs every sever seems to be the same 3 maps :argh:

remember those kids who would spend 30 minutes fine tuning the goldeneye game to their liking? They run most of the bf4 servers now.
Sperglord attrition

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah are there any recommendations for decent BF4 servers that aren't just 24/7 Canal or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It's a symptom of making people pay for maps (which, as far as my spotty memory goes, they did in this game?).

So a good 70% of servers or so are basically just vanilla maps because that's what everyone has, guaranteed.