Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
I've definitely heard it goes downhill, I'm sad because I love all the original cast and from what I can tell Kyle is the only one left now. From the photos of the latest seasons they all look so much younger which I'm not really interested in! At least I have plenty of others to get stuck into when it does go bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Chedranian Girl posted:

From the photos of the latest seasons they all look so much younger which I'm not really interested in!
I actually don't think that the current cast is any younger than the original was when it started. I just think that botox and surgeries have gotten better and more subtle. A bigger problem is that Kyle and whatever posse she has formed continually bullies and harasses anyone who is popular with the fans of the show and doesn't kiss her rear end. And non of them seem to actually like each other. It's incredibly boring and forced.
New York on the other hand was doing fine and then they decided to force this absolutely horrendous woman who has zero relation to anyone and is 20 years younger than everyone (but acts like an edgy 18 year old). I love New York and it is the only franchise that I haven't skipped a season of. But I don't think I can watch the rest of the season with her on while the other ladies are awkwardly trying not to say something racist to the first black cast member.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yeah, Beverly Hills is suffering from this thing where they do a group gang up and bully one person off the show, and they only ever talk about one thing for an entire season. The ladies of the show refuse to reveal anything real about themselves, and it's all manufactured drama (except for whoever their target is).

And yeah, I don't have high hopes for New York, for the first time since the dark years of seasons 4-6. Five ladies is too few. Leah sucks. We need somebody who can call out Ramona and Sonja's bullshit, but Leah is too young and ridiculous that while she tries to do that, nobody takes her seriously. Eboni is cool so far, but we'll still waiting to see how she meshes with the group.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I watch most of these franchises, along with the younger shows (VPR, Summer House, Southern Charm). The one thing that sticks out to me across all of them is the majority of all fights are based on arguing over the nature of the friendship(s). Like that's everyones argument. Are we even friends? I thought we were friends. Maybe we're not even friends. I'm trying to be a good friend. YOU ARE NOT HER FRIEND! - Ken Vanderpump

Not sure how or when this started and it's not something I've ever heard a real person say in my life.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I watch most of these franchises, along with the younger shows (VPR, Summer House, Southern Charm). The one thing that sticks out to me across all of them is the majority of all fights are based on arguing over the nature of the friendship(s). Like that's everyones argument. Are we even friends? I thought we were friends. Maybe we're not even friends. I'm trying to be a good friend. YOU ARE NOT HER FRIEND! - Ken Vanderpump

Not sure how or when this started and it's not something I've ever heard a real person say in my life.

I think that is a natural consequence of casting people who are not friends but production expecting them to still act like they are friends.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Y’all I LOVE Below Deck. I just finished S2 and it’s truly a gift.

Kate is probably a terrible person but lord she makes incredible television. I kind of hate Kat (#teamamy), and I like all the deckhands. Watching the dum dum deckhand try to stock a mini fridge or play with his fork or really do anything is a treasure.

The show is feeling pretty dated though- I’m not sure they’d be able to get away with a lot of the same comments.

Edit: oh my god Tim Sykes is the WORST

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

taco show posted:

Y’all I LOVE Below Deck. I just finished S2 and it’s truly a gift.

Below Deck at this point is probably the best Bravo franchise, but the quality definitely depends on the cast. Below Deck really starts to hit its stride with season 3, you're going to love it. Below Deck Med is mostly great, except for the most recent season where production interference got to be too much. Below Deck Sailing Yacht's first season was awful, but season two has been incredible.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

I keeping meaning to make a larger effortpost about this but I’m actually really enjoying this season of rhony. right now leah and heather are re-enacting late march Dnd and cspam Joe vs noJoe arguments, with ramona looking on uncomfortably!

eboni is great addition, she’s totally shook up these fragile white ladies and has formed a cute friendship with the self esteem-less mess that is sonja. I loved that she refused to apologize to Luann, and sonja offering her critical solidarity after leah had stormed off

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Okay some assorted thoughts-

RHONJ: Apparently this was their highest rated season in a while and it beat out BH and NY? Pretty deserved imo, I was a bit negative about the cast upthread (and I still am so tired of Melissa) but I ended up feeling really good about the rest of the cast by the end. The reunion was really great- dare I say we've actually witnessed some growth and character development from Teresa? I couldn't believe everyone else basically ganged up to force her to acknowledge that she wronged Jackie, and I also saw growth in the way she seems to increasingly recognize and acknowledge what a POS Joe Giudice was. I'm pretty excited for next season between the drama that Luis is sure to bring, the continually simmering Margaret/Jennifer feud, and potential of another housewife joining the cast. Margaret continues to be a top tier housewife.

RHOBH: Certainly what I've watched so far this season isn't close to the magic of the earlier seasons (although I will admit I always hated LVP which also means I adore those earlier seasons less than some do), but I've been reasonably entertained so far! Nothing too dramatic but everything feels like the calm before the Erika storm, and from the previews at least it looks like that's going to be juicy. I'm enjoying Crystal's addition and watching her mix it up with Sutton. Not sure how I feel about Kathy Hilton's kooky queen act though, it was funny for awhile but now it's like every scene involving her has to be ridiculous.

RHONY: I just jumped in to this season of RHONY having not watched anything but the first couple seasons, but I'm really enjoying this season (much more than BH, maybe a little less than Jersey). I don't really understand why Leah gets so much hate, her and Ramona are such great foils for each other. As I said previously, Eboni has been a great addition so far, she really refuses to concede even an inch of ground to these ignorant white ladies. This season also features Sonja seemingly headed for a complete breakdown due to complete lack of self-esteem (and maybe alcoholism), which is one of my favorite housewives tropes. Beautiful people in beautiful clothes and beautiful houses, suffering and feeling ugly inside- what more could a RH fan want??

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Nihonniboku posted:

I think that is a natural consequence of casting people who are not friends but production expecting them to still act like they are friends.
Yeah I always see these arguments as essentially arguing over who belongs in the cast or not, in the same way you'll sometimes see the ladies shade a friend for trying too hard to befriend the group, by which they really mean "trying too hard to become a housewife."

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Family Karma is back for season 2. I'm so glad it got a second season. The show is such a delight, especially since most of the cast has known each other since they were born as they were all raised in a tight knit Indian community in Miami.

There's some good dynamics between the young ones and the aunties, some fun petty drama between the young ones and their loves lives. They added Dillon this season, who is new, but still grew up with everyone. He's gay, which makes this the rare non-competition non-Million Dollar Listing show with two out gay men on Bravo. He's been the source of most of the drama this season, but I think he's very attractive so I don't mind.

It's just a shame that the equally delightful Mexican Dynasties didn't get a second season.

It also featured Adan Allende, one of the weirdest, milk-drinking dudes to ever be featured on Bravo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdkHFBu5YA

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Holy poo poo. Heather has been showing her entire rear end. How do you manage to come of worse than Luann in this. Her lips were firmly sealed when Luann was being awful to Eboni and now she is liking tweets by people saying that Eboni is trying to divide them by talking about racism. And she is saying that something is only racist if there is hateful intent behind it??? Working with black people 20 years ago who had to endure your demeaning bullshit for business does not make you aware of the black experience and it certainly does not mean that you were ever invited to the cookout.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Lol, she is totally also mad that this black lady has no interest in being friends with her while being cool with Leah. But... but.. I worked with Diddy!? Holla?! Mama?!

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Sarcopenia posted:

Lol, and she is also clearly mad that this black lady has no interest in being friends with her while being cool with Leah. But... but.. I worked with Diddy!? Holla?! Mama?!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sarcopenia posted:

Holy poo poo. Heather has been showing her entire rear end. How do you manage to come of worse than Luann in this. Her lips were firmly sealed when Luann was being awful to Eboni and now she is liking tweets by people saying that Eboni is trying to divide them by talking about racism. And she is saying that something is only racist if there is hateful intent behind it??? Working with black people 20 years ago who had to endure your demeaning bullshit for business does not make you aware of the black experience and it certainly does not mean that you were ever invited to the cookout.

The thing is, this is who Heather has always been since her debut in season 5. It's just that this is the first time that there has been a person of color on the show with her to show what a dumbass she is with her constant microagressions. At least with people like Ramona and Luann, we know they're racist. Heather has tried to hide her racism by claiming to be an ally of the African American community. But Heather was always using African American Vernacular English (particularly when she wanted to come across as intimidating), claiming she was allowed to since she used to work with Diddy, which was always very off-putting.

Heather has always shown her rear end, and I've always been astounded by the people clamoring to get her back on the show. They finally got her wish, and the results weren't pretty.

It would be one thing if what she said on the show was a genuine slipup and she apologized. But the fact that she's going around on twitter trying to defend herself, and accusing Eboni of "race-baiting," that's a really ugly look.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

It would be one thing if what she said on the show was a genuine slipup and she apologized. But the fact that she's going around on twitter trying to defend herself, and accusing Eboni of "race-baiting," that's a really ugly look.
Especially ugly after she spent the last episode trying to position herself as The One Good Non-Racist White Lady by talking (very condescendingly) about how she's essentially a part of 'the community' because she worked for Beyonce, interrupting and talking over Eboni to emphasize how much she values black voices, popping in Eboni's room to congratulate her on being so "articulate"... so embarrassing. Eboni and Leah has the perfect read on her- she's a typical toxic white feminist who uses her supposed inroads with 'the black community' as an excuse to take up even more space and behave even more morally superior.

Also I just watched this week's Bev Hills and WTF... what happened to Crystal was actually low-key hosed up and drunk-rear end Kyle laughed it off like she manufacturing drama. We're like five eps into the series and already everytime Crystal is off camera I imagine her weighing whether it's worth it to try to deal with all of this bullshit to stay in the cast. Sutton is a goddamn nightmare of a human being

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

The thing is, this is who Heather has always been since her debut in season 5. It's just that this is the first time that there has been a person of color on the show with her to show what a dumbass she is with her constant microagressions. At least with people like Ramona and Luann, we know they're racist. Heather has tried to hide her racism by claiming to be an ally of the African American community. But Heather was always using African American Vernacular English (particularly when she wanted to come across as intimidating), claiming she was allowed to since she used to work with Diddy, which was always very off-putting.

Heather has always shown her rear end, and I've always been astounded by the people clamoring to get her back on the show. They finally got her wish, and the results weren't pretty.

I'm black so I was very much aware of this and uncomfortable with it. It's still jarring that she claims that one of the most well known microaggressions against black people in America isn't racist because she feels like it and the race bait thing is on a whole nother level. I thought that she would have updated that poo poo in the meantime but she is literally stuck in the 2000s.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Especially ugly after she spent the last episode trying to position herself as The One Good Non-Racist White Lady by talking (very condescendingly) about how she's essentially a part of 'the community' because she worked for Beyonce, interrupting and talking over Eboni to emphasize how much she values black voices, popping in Eboni's room to congratulate her on being so "articulate"... so embarrassing. Eboni and Leah has the perfect read on her- she's a typical toxic white feminist who uses her supposed inroads with 'the black community' as an excuse to take up even more space and behave even more morally superior.

Also I just watched this week's Bev Hills and WTF... what happened to Crystal was actually low-key hosed up and drunk-rear end Kyle laughed it off like she manufacturing drama. We're like five eps into the series and already everytime Crystal is off camera I imagine her weighing whether it's worth it to try to deal with all of this bullshit to stay in the cast. Sutton is a goddamn nightmare of a human being
I haven't watched Beverly Hills this year but I am in no way shocked by what I think that this is insinuating. What is up with Bravo fans fawning over southern white ladies anyway? I checked in on a Bravo subeddit some time ago and checked out real quick when people were shocked that multiple people from Southern Charm and Dallas were very clearly racist. She's not southern, but people only seemed to have an issue with the extremely hosed up racism that Dorinda has exhibited after she was mean to Tinsley.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sarcopenia posted:

I haven't watched Beverly Hills this year but I am in no way shocked by what I think that this is insinuating. What is up with Bravo fans fawning over southern white ladies anyway? I checked in on a Bravo subeddit some time ago and checked out real quick when people were shocked that multiple people from Southern Charm and Dallas were very clearly racist. She's not southern, but people only seemed to have an issue with the extremely hosed up racism that Dorinda has exhibited after she was mean to Tinsley.

Yeah, apparently Patricia from Southern Charm has numerous confederate flags throughout her house and decorates her christmas tree in confederate poo poo.

I can't watch that show.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, apparently Patricia from Southern Charm has numerous confederate flags throughout her house and decorates her christmas tree in confederate poo poo.

I can't watch that show.
The people who are obsessed with pedigree and live on literal plantations are racist? Nooo waaay. It's incredible what some people can ignore if it's entertaining to them.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Below Deck Sailing Yacht's season finale was tonight (I assume there will be a reunion), and it was one of the most enjoyable Below Deck seasons in a while.

Next up is Below Deck Med, which I'll probably still watch despite Sandy and Malia. Given that Sandy was spreading rumors about Malia's sexuality after last season, I'm sure there will be some tension.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
So yeah, I watch some of these shows as its my wife's guilty pleasure and I get dragged along. I do like the Sailing Below Deck, the captain seems to have a level head and isn't playing into the drama (yet).

Has anyone seen the ABC News Special made for Hulu? I watched it last night with the wife, and I already have a distaste for so many of the men/women on the RH shows, but this I think has sealed the deal to have me never watch again:
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/real-housewives-erika-jayne-girardi-abc-news-original-hulu-1234987000/

I know she does not represent all housewives of the shows, but the attitude and arrogance of her husband and herself through this, the reality of genuine victims getting scammed, has left a real distaste in my mouth.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Elwood P Dowd posted:

So yeah, I watch some of these shows as its my wife's guilty pleasure and I get dragged along. I do like the Sailing Below Deck, the captain seems to have a level head and isn't playing into the drama (yet).

Has anyone seen the ABC News Special made for Hulu? I watched it last night with the wife, and I already have a distaste for so many of the men/women on the RH shows, but this I think has sealed the deal to have me never watch again:
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/real-housewives-erika-jayne-girardi-abc-news-original-hulu-1234987000/

I know she does not represent all housewives of the shows, but the attitude and arrogance of her husband and herself through this, the reality of genuine victims getting scammed, has left a real distaste in my mouth.

Yeah, I saw it. There is no way Erika didn't know. If that was me, and I genuinely didn't know, my response would be shock and horror, and I would immediately cooperate with the authorities to get this money back to the victims. But the fact that she refuses to cooperate, continues to violate court orders and selling stuff for spending money while she's in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings, yeah, she knew.

Erika is scum. I stopped watching BH during puppygate, but as I understand these ladies are all going all extremely light on her in face of very real crimes with very real victims, so they're all scum to me as a result.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

Unfortunately, How Many Fucks? is a great song.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

emo-ignorance posted:

Unfortunately, How Many Fucks? is a great song.

And we have all the gay men who helped write, produce, record, choreograph, style, and autotune the song to thank for it. Erika is responsible for about 2% of Erika Jayne.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Elwood P Dowd posted:

I quit BH a long time ago and just read recaps now because of how the women very obviously conspire to make up dumb storylines to keep their real dirt hidden. If you are in Kyle's posse you can commit murder and get a mild scolding followed by a forgiving hug on camera. If you aren't you'll get yelled at for not wanting to talk about the threesomes you've had while your child is at the table. This was just too big for them not to mention so they are probably just doing the bare minimum for the cameras.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Sarcopenia posted:

I quit BH a long time ago and just read recaps now because of how the women very obviously conspire to make up dumb storylines to keep their real dirt hidden. If you are in Kyle's posse you can commit murder and get a mild scolding followed by a forgiving hug on camera. If you aren't you'll get yelled at for not wanting to talk about the threesomes you've had while your child is at the table. This was just too big for them not to mention so they are probably just doing the bare minimum for the cameras.

I think at this point I won't return to the show until Kyle, Rinna, and Erika are all fired. The cast needs a major reboot.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Elwood P Dowd posted:

I stopped watching BH because if you are part of Kyle's posse your dirty laundry will get swept under the carpet or at most they will bring it up once with a lot of sympathy. If not, you will get racked over the coals for not wanting to have ladies talk about your threesomes in front of your teen daughter or telling her that she interrupts you too much.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Yeah I’ve been watching BH this season (having not watched anything but the early seasons) and it’s honestly pissing me off. the kyle’s clique dynamic you’ve all outlined is like 5x more deleterious than anything going on in Jersey with Teresa. So far I don’t get the sense that Erika will get her comeuppance, at least not from the main clique (the only people we know step to her from the previews are sutton who sucks and Dorit who appears to be on kyle’s shitlist).

I wish more people itt watched Jersey because last season was really fun- the Jackie/Teresa fight was pretty explosive and drove the season’s main drama, with constant sparring between Margaret and Jennifer keeping things going during the downtime. In particular there’s a mid season all-cast dinner at Dolores’ beach house that was one of the most unhinged all-directions fight I’ve seen on housewives in a while, I counted 8 different fights that broke out in the scene (involving every cast member but do-nothing Dolores)!

Plus I think there’s potential for Teresa’s looooooong post jail and deportation “kids glove” period to end as she settles down with a new man who is constantly in the tabloids for being creepy, maybe a men’s rights/PUA weirdo, and very likely a crooked businessman. could be a good next season!

Nihonniboku posted:

Family Karma is back for season 2. I'm so glad it got a second season. The show is such a delight, especially since most of the cast has known each other since they were born as they were all raised in a tight knit Indian community in Miami.

There's some good dynamics between the young ones and the aunties, some fun petty drama between the young ones and their loves lives. They added Dillon this season, who is new, but still grew up with everyone. He's gay, which makes this the rare non-competition non-Million Dollar Listing show with two out gay men on Bravo. He's been the source of most of the drama this season, but I think he's very attractive so I don't mind.
Thanks for this write up btw, I watched an episode the other night after BH and wasn’t totally lost thanks to this post. I really enjoyed what I watched, delightful is the right word- my partner and I were giggling through the whole thing without really knowing the context. plus I’m always desperate for more gays in my reality tv

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

I know everyone hates rhony but I have to admit I was cackling at Bershan Shaw’s first scene last night, which consisted of interrupting one of Eboni’s attempts at diversity training to basically assert that all lives matter and that everyone is the same- we’re all human! I do enjoy Eboni but I can’t imagine a more hilarious way for her attempts to educate these ladies to get derailed. The shots of her glowering while the white housewives enthusiastically embraced Bershan’s all lives matter bit were killing me.

I haven’t really been following the news but I hope we get a lot more Bershan the rest of this season- having only five housewives is a little low, she brought great energy in her intro, and was a 1000x more entertaining as a friend than having Leah’s sister around or bringing back stupid Heather

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

I know everyone hates rhony but I have to admit I was cackling at Bershan Shaw’s first scene last night, which consisted of interrupting one of Eboni’s attempts at diversity training to basically assert that all lives matter and that everyone is the same- we’re all human! I do enjoy Eboni but I can’t imagine a more hilarious way for her attempts to educate these ladies to get derailed. The shots of her glowering while the white housewives enthusiastically embraced Bershan’s all lives matter bit were killing me.

I haven’t really been following the news but I hope we get a lot more Bershan the rest of this season- having only five housewives is a little low, she brought great energy in her intro, and was a 1000x more entertaining as a friend than having Leah’s sister around or bringing back stupid Heather

I just think RHONY is a little dull this season, it's normally top tier. I did enjoy though that Heather was finally exposed as the fraud that she has always been, I've been cringing for years every time I see people online clamoring for their "Holla Mama" to come back.

Bershan was interesting, but I have a feeling she hangs out in Ramona's circle for a reason, in that she's probably republican.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

RHOBH live impressions: Kyle is a piece of poo poo and also an alcoholic

the entire cast have been complete garbage to crystal over sutton walking in on her

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

RHOBH live impressions: Kyle is a piece of poo poo and also an alcoholic

It is known.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
Hi all! Still watching BH, onto season four now and my God I hate Carlton so much. That's all.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chedranian Girl posted:

Hi all! Still watching BH, onto season four now and my God I hate Carlton so much. That's all.

As much as I cannot stand Kyle, Carlton's weird completely one-sided rivalry with Kyle was so bizarre and frustrating to watch. Carlton was either stirring up bullshit drama for the camera, or is just not well mentally. I was happy she was not asked to return. There are SO many legitimate reasons to pick a fight with Kyle, she is probably the most passive aggressive, sniveling housewife across all the franchises. Getting angry at her for killing a fly (or whatever happened there), and for asking if her pentagram was a Star of David was a reach.

Wingstopranch
Feb 8, 2020

Nihonniboku posted:

As much as I cannot stand Kyle, Carlton's weird completely one-sided rivalry with Kyle was so bizarre and frustrating to watch. Carlton was either stirring up bullshit drama for the camera, or is just not well mentally. I was happy she was not asked to return. There are SO many legitimate reasons to pick a fight with Kyle, she is probably the most passive aggressive, sniveling housewife across all the franchises. Getting angry at her for killing a fly (or whatever happened there), and for asking if her pentagram was a Star of David was a reach.

If I’m not mistaken, Carlton is friends with Alison DuBois, the vaping psychic from season 1, so she came into the show with a vendetta against Kyle.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Chedranian Girl posted:

Carlton was the woooooorst. She was such an edgy tryhard and yet so loving boring.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?

Wingstopranch posted:

If I’m not mistaken, Carlton is friends with Alison DuBois, the vaping psychic from season 1, so she came into the show with a vendetta against Kyle.

Ooookay yes that makes a LOT of sense now. Yeah I was literally googling to see if she was in further seasons because I just cannot hack her. Edgy try hard is right.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

POTOMAC DEBUTED LAST NIIIIIIIGHT!! And it was…. fine, by its own very high standards. With Monique gone and Ashley occupied growing a giant child inside her belly, it looks like we’re going back to basics: Gizelle vs Karen fights. I wonder whether this is the season that everyone finally gets fed up with Karen’s fake stories, fake houses, and generally fake life. Also I’m curious to see more Mia because she seems like a huge departure from all the other ladies on the show

Chedranian Girl posted:

oh that’s so fun! I was doing the same with BH and then after s3 I switched to OG rhony (just got to scary island) so maybe I’ll switch back to BH so we can discuss

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

QUEER FRASIER posted:

POTOMAC DEBUTED LAST NIIIIIIIGHT!! And it was…. fine, by its own very high standards. With Monique gone and Ashley occupied growing a giant child inside her belly, it looks like we’re going back to basics: Gizelle vs Karen fights. I wonder whether this is the season that everyone finally gets fed up with Karen’s fake stories, fake houses, and generally fake life.

Yeah, the premiere was fine. Karen has been coming too hard for Gizelle lately. Yeah, Gizelle is definitely shady, but its always clear that she's read the assignment. Karen is going for low blows, but refuses to let any of her real troubles be part of the show. The issue with Karen is that because of her status as the "Grand Dame" (not a real title), she expects everyone to just accept everything she says at face value without question. But she is a terrible liar, and lies about absurd and ridiculous things, it's easy to see right through her. The season preview shows her finding Ray getting sexts from another woman, but its so obviously staged, those kinds of things just don't pop up while filming. How long is Ray going to let Karen humiliate him the way she does?

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Also I’m curious to see more Mia because she seems like a huge departure from all the other ladies on the show

Yeah, she seems very different the rest of the cast, and I don't buy for a second that she and Karen are friends. The things she's about, she's always hated Ashley for being 10% of those things. I think she's just trying to make sure she has an ally for this season, since she's been increasingly put on the opposite side of the rest of the cast with every conflict in the show. She hates Gizelle, and Gizelle is really the only real ally she's ever had.

Edit: Candiace was tolerable. I don't expect that to last.

Edit 2: Also, I may have seen Michael Darby in line for Trade (gay bar) here in DC on Saturday night. At the time I was positive it was him, but I was a few drinks in. It sure looked like him, but he could have been any bald white guy.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
RHONY continues to be a snoozefest this season. Rumor is a cast shakeup is in the works, including Ramona finally getting the boot. Apparently she is refusing to attend the reunion which films in a few weeks because she knows she's going to get ripped to shreds.