Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

lol Antonio. Gotta love anyone who's like "We got this, we got this guys *completely fucks up everything* alright rebound guys, on to the next one guys, we can do it, let's go!" Team spirit.

Also I was loving howling at the "I'll nominate myself"/"I never said that!" :mad: rear end gaslighting

He'd make a great middle manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Scrotum Modem posted:

I could be wrong but I swear I remember on some seasons, once the men's team loses enough and a woman is forced to switch sides in order to level out the teams - that's when the men's team stop sucking all the time and they actually get poo poo done

I think this happened as early as season 2 or 3?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It happens constantly, just as a result of needing to keep the teams evenly balanced or move people to where they can actually thrive

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ramsay moves 1 or 2 people to the other team almost every season for some reason or another. Ramsay / the producers know it causes a bunch of drama and love doing it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I haven't seen Paula Deen since her controversy so gently caress Masterchef for giving her a platform. Also who decided to make auditions—the worst part of the season—3 episodes long?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I have no idea what the Paula Deen controversy is but seeing as how she has a show on the Fox News streaming platform I have a pretty good guess.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

This might come as a surprise to you, but Paula Deen is racist.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe they will replace her with sandra lee

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

J-Spot posted:

I have no idea what the Paula Deen controversy is but seeing as how she has a show on the Fox News streaming platform I have a pretty good guess.

I can't recall what all came of it, but I believe it started when she wanted to host a thematically appropriate party at a Southern plantation.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe they will replace her with sandra lee

Kwanzaa cake challenge?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Shneak posted:

I haven't seen Paula Deen since her controversy so gently caress Masterchef for giving her a platform. Also who decided to make auditions—the worst part of the season—3 episodes long?

I came here to ask if auditions were always 3 episodes. It feels like it's been 5 years since the last MC. So again like the first two episodes I just turned it off.

And gently caress Paula Dean.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I almost wonder if the episodes are so padded because they had to shut down production on this season for seven or eight months before finally picking up again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Most seasons they just do 2 days of auditions and then a 3rd day where they whittle down everyone to the actual field of masterchefs...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Does it seem like Emeril maybe had a stroke? :(

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Yeah, they skip a lot of the technical skill challenges from past seasons that they used to quickly eliminate people in favor of long auditions that limit the number of contestants straight off the bat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kwatz posted:

Yeah, they skip a lot of the technical skill challenges from past seasons that they used to quickly eliminate people in favor of long auditions that limit the number of contestants straight off the bat.

And that's a bummer, because the auditions are easily the most boring part of MasterChef.

New drinking game: Take a shot every time Aaron Sanchez or Joe Bastianich reminds either Ramsay or a contestant that this is "MasterChef Legends, season 20" and that they expect the contestants to really bring their A-game.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
bounce back

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They have the fight, the drive, and they're learning everyday. They still have more to give, and they're not ready to go home.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

The fiancé and I have been going through the past seasons of masterchef, and the three episodes of auditions have definitely been a thing from the start. I don’t know if they ease up on it in the middle seasons.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like how dude needed a breather on the first loving ticket.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Anne Whateley posted:

Yeah this isn't unusual at all, they just sent a woman over last season. Sometimes they end up with two. I don't remember if I've seen three at once. It happens in the other direction sometimes, or just straight-up switches, too.
lol

"I'm sure the boys will welcome us with open arms" double lol

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how dude needed a breather on the first loving ticket.

Hey, buddy, you go to the walk-in and cry, like everybody else! :argh:

That reminds me that I had a team member come up to me tonight and ask me to get something from the freezer. Since I'm always trying to be the teacher, I was like "come on, I'll show you where those are" and she was like "I know where it is, I don't like being cold." I said, "me either: good luck with that!"
:wave:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Hey, buddy, you go to the walk-in and cry, like everybody else! :argh:

That reminds me that I had a team member come up to me tonight and ask me to get something from the freezer. Since I'm always trying to be the teacher, I was like "come on, I'll show you where those are" and she was like "I know where it is, I don't like being cold." I said, "me either: good luck with that!"
:wave:

I always liked doing things in the walk in, it gave me a moment to cool off.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I always liked doing things in the walk in, it gave me a moment to cool off.

When I worked at a convention center, there was one walk-in just for desserts, and we could eat as much cheese cake that had any slices out of them that we wanted, they weren't going to be used again. I really liked that walk-in.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
By the end of my stint as a server, I was an ace at changing a keg.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I like how they hype everyone as being “TOP 15!!!” They’re the only 15! We didn’t really get to see or know anyone else yet!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

From all their interviews and poo poo, that was probably one of the very few times Penn & Teller even ate dinner together...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

From all their interviews and poo poo, that was probably one of the very few times Penn & Teller even ate dinner together...

I don't remember seeing food make it to their table

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

That's magic for ya!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Iron Crowned posted:

Their sleight of hand is really top notch. They can put balls under clear cups and you don't even see them do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osRaFTtgHo

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

On the first episode I was convinced Morgana was going to win the whole thing, but she seemed to completely lose it in this episode.

And I'm hoping Sam goes pretty soon. He was really annoying last night with his whole "I know you're GIRLS but I'm not gonna take it easy on you! I'm not here to make friends!" crap.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
god, the editing for the last episode is just very very good.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:laffo: someone was having a blast in the editing room for this one!

Tired Moritz posted:

god, the editing for the last episode is just very very good.

:emptyquote:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

So apparently Masterchef is just going to be hour long elimination challenges this year? That’s a bit disappointing. I wish they’d at least showcase everyone’s dishes if they’re going to devote the whole hour to just one.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Timby posted:

New drinking game: Take a shot every time Aaron Sanchez or Joe Bastianich reminds either Ramsay or a contestant that this is "MasterChef Legends, season 20" and that they expect the contestants to really bring their A-game.

i try tiht adn now i m ded

But that Boston boobie girl is a weeb and now I think I love her.

MasterChef is always such a stupid mess, but toward the end, I'm always happy to see them pulling off poo poo I know I could never do. The "this is MasterChef X" bullshit at the start hurts my soul, though, and it's so sloppily, manipulatively edited that it feels like hatewatching until someone enjoyable emerges like Christine Ha did.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's definitely an odd season of Masterchef with only having 1 challenge for a loving hour of TV show. Not sure when they had to pause the filming of the season for covid but it's really loving weird and lovely that there hasn't been any team challenges yet.

But also, Tay managed to serve Gordon Ramsay canned fruit and won the whole challenge.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's definitely an odd season of Masterchef with only having 1 challenge for a loving hour of TV show. Not sure when they had to pause the filming of the season for covid but it's really loving weird and lovely that there hasn't been any team challenges yet.

But also, Tay managed to serve Gordon Ramsay canned fruit and won the whole challenge.

Sorted Food did a whole video about how canning is sometimes the best way to transport food from the farm to the kitchen.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Sorted Food did a whole video about how canning is sometimes the best way to transport food from the farm to the kitchen.

Yeah, if I remember correctly I’ve read that canned tomatoes for instance can be better for making sauce than fresh. Also, I feel like since they’re always touting that these are the best “home cooks in America!” that they would be more open to using non-restaurant ingredients. But I’m sure Joe would throw a poo poo fit not matter how good something is when using a canned product.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They suspended production in February 2020, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Timby posted:

They suspended production in February 2020, I believe.

Well yea, you can see when they stopped production. But not really anything solid on when they actually did within the actual season. But it seems that they actually went into the season with this format in mind, with single cook elimination challenges. And none of the extra stuff that makes Masterchef more than Top Chef.