Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Perk legitimately was bad at everything not post defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
And mean mugging sometimes.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

He was good pretty early on in the Thunder days (as soon as he put on a little bit of weight). I loved the stretch where people were like "Durant, Ibaka and Perkins are all terrible at defense" while the thunder were like top 5 defense. What he got better at was swallowing up guys at the perimeter, but he's always had great hands and he knows how to use his length.

Their team D took a huge leap after the finals year, and I’d have to go back but I feel like that’s around when I started seeing him make consistent positive plays on that end. They also dropped Perkin’s minutes by 20% and were no longer playing harden, and Ibaka’s block rate started to decline as he got better at positioning himself and stopped jumping for every single ball

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
MV, what would you think for Ingles for Kuzma and like a future second or something?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

MV, what would you think for Ingles for Kuzma and like a future second or something?

They'd miss Ingles passing on the second unit a lot but with the way his defense had been deteriorating and the way Kuzma played on D this year I think I'd do it.

E: what about Bojan for KCP and a pick or two?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 23, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

They'd miss Ingles passing on the second unit a lot but with the way his defense had been deteriorating and the way Kuzma played on D this year I think I'd do it.

E: what about Bojan for KCP and a pick or two?

I would like this I just assumed it would be harder to pry Bojan away.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I would like this I just assumed it would be harder to pry Bojan away.

It probably is I just don't like him and they don't really take advantage of the non-spot up stuff he does that much assuming they bring back Conley so if they get someone who can still shoot but also plays D and an extra first or two i'd be all over it

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/1403521797002170369?s=20
this may end up being the last time i ever felt joy

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Congratulations to the Indiana Pacers on their shiny new coach:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1408080007268900866?s=20

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
It doesn't really feel like summer until I see a video of ben simmons nailing a bunch of practice threes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Yay, the Pels can't hire Jason Kidd!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Hand Knit posted:

Congratulations to the Indiana Pacers on their shiny new coach:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1408080007268900866?s=20

Everything old is new again! Maybe they will bring back Dick Versace next!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1408300017962598404?s=19

Seems like an obvious move, good scorer but a bad fit with Garland and they're most likely going to draft another guard this year. New York maybe? They badly need shot creation and have 19, 21, and 32 this year they could package together in some combination. Maybe the Cavs still believe in Obi Toppin or something too.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
e: nvm

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/1408300017962598404?s=19

Seems like an obvious move, good scorer but a bad fit with Garland and they're most likely going to draft another guard this year. New York maybe? They badly need shot creation and have 19, 21, and 32 this year they could package together in some combination. Maybe the Cavs still believe in Obi Toppin or something too.

Why would they get rid of the better one, if they don't think the two are a good fit?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
The Dallas Mavericks are loving morons

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why would they get rid of the better one, if they don't think the two are a good fit?

What.

Are you implying that Garland is worse than Sexton?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

What.

Are you implying that Garland is worse than Sexton?

He scored less on lower efficiency this year, he had a few more assists given his role but turned the ball over a lot more. They're both godawful on defense, I don't really see the argument for Garland at this moment but I don't watch Cleveland much so maybe he shows signs of a higher ceiling or something?

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Dutchy posted:

The Dallas Mavericks are loving morons

Yup. 2011 gets further and further away every year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Garland is pretty similar to where sexton was year two as a scorer aside from volume. Not as good from 2 point range but slightly better from three on higher volume, and he is an actual point guard rather than an undersized gunner. Sexton is a tough roster fit because he really needs to be paired with either a big point guard or a jumbo initiator like LeBron to really work on a good team, or he should be a sixth man

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 25, 2021

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

havelock posted:

Yup. 2011 gets further and further away every year.

I’m v excited to squander the career of a future hall of famer

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Garland is also a year younger which gives you another year before you have to lock in. I'm not sure either are franchise guys tbh, but it's pretty awkward right now since they don't really fit together. I'm sure Cleveland would field calls for Garland too.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Collin, your hair is in the way of your natural shooting motion.

May be getting traded an ending up as a sixth man will help him realize that

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'd still take Sexton's year two (so last year) over Garland's year two (so... This year).

Playing them together is probably a bad idea, because they're both 6'1, but I think both are, at best, sixth men on a good team, and I would rather have the one that scores more and gets to the line from that role.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
dinwiddie wants to go a LA team. That seems difficult with the cap situation short of Kwahi leaving. Would a Sign and trade with Shroder would require getting a third team involved?

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Probably because the Nets wouldn’t want Schroeder nor would they want to be hard capped by taking an s&t.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Dinwiddie signing his player option seems like the only semi-reasonable way it happens. I curious what is market really is. He coming off a major injury and is 29, would teams really rather have him then Schroeder.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Feels like Schröder to Dinwiddie is pretty lateral. Spencer is a better scorer but an even worse catch and shooter and worse defender. I guess Spencer’s playoff performances have been better. Also coming off a major injury. Not worth a hard cap on either side.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
KCP got robbed at gunpoint.

Also Magic Johnson thinks AD should play C and Bronski should play off ball next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/magic-johnson-says-lakers-should-play-anthony-davis-at-center-move-lebron-james-off-ball-next-season/

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It’s not like there are shooters just falling off trees, especially ones that can play defense well enough for Vogel to play them. If the Lakers aren’t going to switch coaches right now they are probably just better off hoping their shooters that meet bjs standards don’t decide to all shoot 10% below their average on open threes in the playoffs. Wasting the MLE on loving Doug Bucket or trading Kuzma and a pick for a guy that a much more lax Luke Walton barely wants to play is just an exercise in dumping resources in the garbage.

And considering how much it was shown really rides on AD’s health, if playing the 4 all year helps him cross the regular season finish line in a good space than they should stick to it.

I know this is not you saying this.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/Rrlewis2/status/1408601193216151552?s=19

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Good for him. That's exactly what you do to punish companies for hiring some outsider with baggage and arguably less qualifications.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If you dig X's and O's talk, the Pacers best reporter dropped an article where she talks about how Carlisle's playbook can help the Pacers not be rear end:

https://www.indycornrows.com/2021/6/27/22551190/how-rick-carlisles-playbook-fits-the-pacers

It's pretty great just from a basketball read, not just boring Pacers stuff.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Athanatos posted:

If you dig X's and O's talk, the Pacers best reporter dropped an article where she talks about how Carlisle's playbook can help the Pacers not be rear end:

https://www.indycornrows.com/2021/6/27/22551190/how-rick-carlisles-playbook-fits-the-pacers

Oh, man. That Cauley-Stein hand-back play is a gem. That's the sort of extra addition a good coach can get you.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mitchell robinson apparently gained 35 lbs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Athanatos posted:

The beginning of this reads like a 17 who overestimates his own intelligence wrote it but once it gets into the Xs and Os it’s really good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just saw the bulls got the #8 pick so it conveyed to the magic. lol they are totally hosed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You can root for okc with me mangles

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

That’s great, I wish there was more of this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

That’s great, I wish there was more of this stuff

I don’t know if she’s just not interested or what but it’s hard to believe a national outlet hasn’t offered her a job yet