Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cage posted:

Pop tarts are weird. They have the same shape and nutritional value of the box they come in. They can't go stale cuz they were never fresh! Why are there two in a packet because one isnt enough and three is too many.

That's about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpH-XjizJzk&t=76s

"remember those 90s commercials where the pop tart rockets out of a toaster like it's been engineered by NASA and your girlfriend grabs it out of midair on her skateboard because she's late for High School-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

wizardofloneliness posted:

So what's the joke?

That someone is still willing to give Jerry Seinfeld money.

Interesting bit of trivia though: he actually never started any routine with the words 'what's the deal with' aside from a bit he wrote for Saturday Night Live parodying his style of stand up.

Someone on here described his skill as being able to deliver jokes super well rather than write them, so it makes sense that everything he does that doesn't involve him doing stand up is really bad.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Was his style of naming the mild absurdities of everyday life common in that era, or is that a genuine innovation of his?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Was his style of naming the mild absurdities of everyday life common in that era, or is that a genuine innovation of his?

I feel like it's a pretty well-tread concept in standup comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHhYLJMi7CE

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

observational comedy predates him, obviously, but his personal style was heavily imitated, which isn't surprising given how successful he was.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What's the deal with bees suing humans

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
My favorite thing about B-movie is jerry seinfeld's plan was to make a bad movie, in that it would be parodying all the old bad b-movie tropes. Then the studio said you can't make a movie bad on purpose and tried to fix it and make it good by playing everything straight instead of as a gag, which instead made it the worst movie ever, which then made it a movie everyone loves and thus good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My favorite thing about Bee Movie is someone on these forums getting VERY upset about it, they call it "bee movie" but it stars one of the most successful comedic actors of all time, hardly a b-movie!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

didn't netflix release that some damned soul had watched bee movie over 200 times

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

didn't netflix release that some damned soul had watched bee movie over 200 times

357 and it was some woman whose toddler was utterly obsessed with it:

https://www.nme.com/news/netflix-user-watched-bee-movie-357-times-2171574

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Watching Bee Movie more than twice on purpose is unquestionably grounds for mental illness.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My favorite thing about B-movie is jerry seinfeld's plan was to make a bad movie, in that it would be parodying all the old bad b-movie tropes. Then the studio said you can't make a movie bad on purpose and tried to fix it and make it good by playing everything straight instead of as a gag, which instead made it the worst movie ever, which then made it a movie everyone loves and thus good.

Yea as with anything else he's attempted Bee Movie started as like a dumb wordplay joke that he had in his head and probably could've done a 30 second standup bit about but because he's Jerry Seinfeld he can fall rear end backwards into developing it into a 100 mil+ budgeted feature film.

I honestly don't even blame him, it seems like he barely has any desire to do these things but every five years or so someone comes along and nags him into doing something.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/churchcrackr/status/1407659446466121733?s=19

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Haha I wanted to go to the book launch so bad but that poo poo sold out super quick.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

This is entrapment

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I have to wonder if he knows he's being made fun of and doesn't care, or if he just thinks about the foot and is concerned entirely with preventing himself from saying something inappropriate.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't know if it's exactly the same as making fun of him so much as playfully acknowledging his fetish. Maybe she just wanted to tear him down a peg, but the impression I get from her tone and her body language is she's kinda into the idea of getting Tarantino a little sweaty even if she's not interested in actually getting with him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I doubt Tarantino cares. In 2021 a celebrity having a foot fetish is barely worth talking about. There's too many other celebrities who are like, engaging in cannibalism or involved in underage sex rings or are about to move to Uganda with their cult followers to give a poo poo about a guy with a foot fetish.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
QT is a harmless, productive pervert and I won't have him bullied in public like this.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I didn’t think his fetish was super super obvious until he had Margaret Qualley jam her feet into a car windshield for 5 minutes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn’t think his fetish was super super obvious until he had Margaret Qualley jam her feet into a car windshield for 5 minutes.

I remember people started pointing it out when he did that Kill Bill scene where Uma was wiggling her toes. And then connecting that back to the scene from From Dusk Till Dawn.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

You must have skipped From Dusk till Dawn

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Enos Cabell posted:

You must have skipped From Dusk till Dawn
Pretty sure I knew about his fetish before I ever saw FDTD many years ago. A one off character with a foot fetish doesn’t necessarily imply the actor themselves has one. Obviously he does, but it’s never as in your face as it was in OUTIH.

Pretty sure there’s considerably more evidence towards that Nickelodeon pervert than Tarantino.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Pretty sure I knew about his fetish before I ever saw FDTD many years ago. A one off character with a foot fetish doesn’t necessarily imply the actor themselves has one. Obviously he does, but it’s never as in your face as it was in OUTIH.

Pretty sure there’s considerably more evidence towards that Nickelodeon pervert than Tarantino.

The big one you're forgetting is Death Proof. It was extremely obvious by that point, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood didn't surprise anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvu5I_DGECc

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Feet, tits, rear end, what's the difference?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so did tarantino's foot fetish save uma thurman's life based on her positioning or not

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

so did tarantino's foot fetish save uma thurman's life based on her positioning or not

It wasn't great when the first thing out of his mouth when she crashed during the Kill Bill filming was "Are her feet okay!? Please God tell me they can salvage the feet at least!!"*

*lie

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
One day society will be irrevocably changed by one weirdo's fetish. "Why do we have to have our legs raised while driving dad?" "Well, about 20 years ago there was an accident while filming a movie. John Travolta was crippled for a good few months because he was sittin normally, but the director had a thing for feet to had Uma Thurman sitting with her legs on the dashboard. Surprisingly, she was fine. That's when we realised that that was actually the safest way to sit in case of an accident."

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BioEnchanted posted:

One day society will be irrevocably changed by one weirdo's fetish. "Why do we have to have our legs raised while driving dad?" "Well, about 20 years ago there was an accident while filming a movie. John Travolta was crippled for a good few months because he was sittin normally, but the director had a thing for feet to had Uma Thurman sitting with her legs on the dashboard. Surprisingly, she was fine. That's when we realised that that was actually the safest way to sit in case of an accident."

Does the lie detector count?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

BioEnchanted posted:

Kellogg did that, but he was also a terrible terrible man

AceOfFlames posted:

357 and it was some woman whose toddler was utterly obsessed with it:

https://www.nme.com/news/netflix-user-watched-bee-movie-357-times-2171574

I have a kid this age and I believe it (bee-leive)

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Who will do the Mighty Max companion film, Alex Garland?

If it stars Nick Offerman as old Mighty Max fighting against irrelevance in a world where kids prefer technological gadgets to "old fashioned toys that didn't need software updates" I'm very much down for this.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like Jim The Office is the next director to have a weirdly public foot fetish.

Like in quiet place it felt like just a natural part of the movie that they showed a bunch of gross closeups of beat up feet and feet trauma. Like it was a movie of people walking very quietly and having to not yell so every scene showing everyone's feet felt natural to the specific film. But now quiet place II is out and it doesn't really feel like that sort of movie but still just has constant closeups of everyone gross beat up feet and a bunch of things where everyone's feet are getting hosed up all the time. Like John Krasinski just really likes to see feet be all gross and injured and every scene has closeups of people hurting their feet or feet wrapped in nasty rags.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I am now picturing Jim from The Office slobbering all over the feet of Emily Blunt from Edge of Tomorrow and Tom Cruise shoots himself in the head so he can repeat the day without seeing that.

Feldegast42 posted:

The funny thing about Bee Movie is that it managed to inspire at least two knockoffs. One where the main character is named "B-nard" and another one with really ugly CGI that makes the villain a stand-in for George W Bush.

Edit:
A trailer for toys.
https://twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 25, 2021

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

WonkyBob posted:

If it stars Nick Offerman as old Mighty Max fighting against irrelevance in a world where kids prefer technological gadgets to "old fashioned toys that didn't need software updates" I'm very much down for this.

Is it even possible for Mighty Max to age, since the series is a time loop?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Isn’t this just BEAST WAAAAAARRRRRSSSSSS!!!! ?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/getfandom/status/1408482925893459968?s=21

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That's neat, because I'll be able to catch it in theaters and if I like it I can go home and rewatch my favorite bits.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Isn’t this just BEAST WAAAAAARRRRRSSSSSS!!!! ?

No, this has nothing to with Rise of The Beasts which is next year's Transformers movie. Funny thing is the director is apparently unclear of how it relates to Bumblebee and the Bay movies.

Edit:
One of the figures is likely a T.rex made using the recent Beast Wars Megatron toy though.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 26, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't the Bayformers movies past the second or third one have a bunch of mutually exclusive backstory and otherwise don't bother much with continuity?

Also, kinda LOL that the franchise stopped right on the Unicron post-credits reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't the Bayformers movies past the second or third one have a bunch of mutually exclusive backstory and otherwise don't bother much with continuity?

Also, kinda LOL that the franchise stopped right on the Unicron post-credits reveal.

Some tie in comic once gave the reason the cartoon had so many animation errors as unicron having died in that universe and the universe coming undone backwards and forwards in time