Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rosalie_A posted:

Meteor has a (randomly) fixed Attack and M value: the only thing that affects it is random variance and the target's Magic Defense.

Huh. The more you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I wonder what the lowest level average is with which someone beat the game under the FJF ruleset. I know derra (RIP) had a toxx for beating the bonus bosses with a combined party level of less than 100, but I'm sure people have gone a lot lower than that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I wonder what the lowest level average is with which someone beat the game under the FJF ruleset. I know derra (RIP) had a toxx for beating the bonus bosses with a combined party level of less than 100, but I'm sure people have gone a lot lower than that.

https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance-(by-Dr-Pepper)/

Yeah a little lower

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

That's not Fiesta, though.

I think Dr Pepper did end up doing a low-level Fiesta run, but it was not quite that low.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Samuel Clemens posted:

I did it at average level 23 for that toxx but that was also a comically busted lineup with blue and chemist. :v:

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Just about any party with a Bard can get through NED at very low levels. Low level triple crowning is quite a bit harder, but with a Bard you can get through NED with no Almagests, so not much can stop you.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Samuel Clemens posted:

I was thinking about doing a toxx to encourage this, something like $0.20 for every combined party level less than 100, but I never got around to it before the fiesta started

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There’s plenty of fiesta time left, and plenty of people doing multiple runs, plus there’s always toxxes introduced mid-fiesta (though usually toxxes encouraging last-minute runs).

If you want to do the toxx don’t let that stop you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, echoing what Mega said. It's not even July yet, and the Fiesta runs until the end of August. Plenty of time to get a cool toxx done.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I think 16 or 17 is the lowest I did, but I was stubborn and always insisted on Triple Crowning, even on parties that had no right to TC (NIN, SAM x3 ugh).

Alive but have a kid and a FFXIV addiction now. Also nothing to play FFV on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

derra posted:

I think 16 or 17 is the lowest I did, but I was stubborn and always insisted on Triple Crowning, even on parties that had no right to TC (NIN, SAM x3 ugh).

If you have something to play FFXIV on, you have something to play FFV on.

:filez:

...also Steam.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Can a PS5 play FF5?

Also I need that GBA rule set.

But basically there are a lot of power ups you can just nab with minimal effort in W3 that Crystals or W2 Exdeath is legitimately the hardest boss in the game for many parties. Classes that can wreck them (Beastmaster, for example) can Triple Crown in the mid to high teens without too much trouble.

derra fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 26, 2021

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

derra posted:

Can a PS5 play FF5?
I thought you meant XIV on PC. :pseudo:

Phones are still an option, though?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

derra posted:

Can a PS5 play FF5?

Does PS5 have the old PS Classics line in the shop? If so, PSX FF5 is, I believe, in that series.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

Does PS5 have the old PS Classics line in the shop? If so, PSX FF5 is, I believe, in that series.

Final fantasy anthologies is definitely on the PS3 store

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Arrrthritis posted:

:toxx:
For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

I don't have the scrots, but I sold 10 of them, keeping magus rod and rune axe.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grevlek posted:

Final fantasy anthologies is definitely on the PS3 store
Did they do anything about the load times?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Blind playthrough complete. The gimmick Void bosses gave me more trouble than NED himself, although he did get me once with Grand Cross.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Incoherence posted:

Blind playthrough complete. The gimmick Void bosses gave me more trouble than NED himself, although he did get me once with Grand Cross.

Nice job; it was a pleasure whenever I got to catch your streams. I should also note though that the random encounters in the Void also gave you more trouble than NED.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Incoherence posted:

Congrats!

derra posted:

So how many runs have you done over the years? You were a TC machine in previous years.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Think 90 or so?

KataraniSword posted:

Pretty sure only the PS3 / PSP / Vita can play PS1 Classics.

derra fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 26, 2021

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ok I'll do it

:toxx: $0.20 for every combined party level under 100 when killing NED, so if your party levels are 25/25/25/24 I'll donate $0.20. If your levels are 1/1/1/1 I'll donate $19.20

In addition, for Omega and Shinryu kills I'll donate an extra $0.10 per level under 100 for each fight.

I'll set a $200 limit just in case y'all go wild on me

Completions: Me ($35.6), Cattail Prophet ($3.2)

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 1, 2021

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

:words: Quadnecro stuff :words:

Make it a quintuple crown

In a lot of ways Omega Mk II is easier than Omega because instead of countering every attack it just changes vulnerabilities each time it is hit with its vulnerable element.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I poked at Neo Shinryu for a bit, his weird targeting that causes misses a lot of the time might be too much of a slog even for me

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

nrook posted:

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

Okay, sold more of these off in Run 3 and this time I did not heck up and get the wrong image... I hope. I tried recording it as a video this time.

https://imgur.com/8pswgdq

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

derra posted:

Good to hear you're doing well even if FFXIV claims another victim.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I poked at Neo Shinryu for a bit, his weird targeting that causes misses a lot of the time might be too much of a slog even for me

Yeah, Neo Shinryu is hell if you don't have a class combo that can kill him in two rounds or a Chemist. His attacks are too relentless to survive long-term without !Mix.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
I’ve never managed multiple runs so this year I’d like to try and get more than one done. Currently I’m doing the normal run and have pulled Black Mage, Time Mage, Geomancer and Dragoon. Not sure if I can do a triple crown or even one of the optional super bosses with this comp but I’ll do a bit of research and see what can be done.

Really enjoying being able to take advantage of rod breaking and I’ve never had a geomancer or time Mage before so that’s fun! Currently in Barrier Tower grinding for reflect rings just to make Exdeath a little easier as my current source of healing is either hi-potions or the healing staff.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Serenity Dove posted:

I’ve never managed multiple runs so this year I’d like to try and get more than one done. Currently I’m doing the normal run and have pulled Black Mage, Time Mage, Geomancer and Dragoon. Not sure if I can do a triple crown or even one of the optional super bosses with this comp but I’ll do a bit of research and see what can be done.

Really enjoying being able to take advantage of rod breaking and I’ve never had a geomancer or time Mage before so that’s fun! Currently in Barrier Tower grinding for reflect rings just to make Exdeath a little easier as my current source of healing is either hi-potions or the healing staff.

You have time mage, quickleak is always an option for a guaranteed (if slow) triple crown.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, here's a more radical :toxx: that I'm going to add on top of my last one.
Number Go Up
Recommended: Thief, but not Samurai
Complete the game without spending any money (which includes using !cointoss).

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402681856152248324

Number Went Up (Fair warning: a lot of :words: incoming about the experience. There's more toxxes to report at the end though, so to people keeping track of stuff, don't skip the whole post.):

This was my first time really exploiting the status immunity bug. Farming up a full set of bone mails and ice+aegis shields was, uh, "fun." Mirage vests too I guess, but honestly I do those pretty much any time I have thief. Also included my final gil total for posterity's sake.

First, a helpful tip for anyone else attempting this (I think there's still one slot left?) regarding phoenix downs. Most people already know that if you have thief, it's trivial to farm hi potions as soon as you reach the fire ship. But what's the earliest opportunity to easily stock up on phoenix downs? This peninsula is your new best friend:

For those who don't recognize it, this is part of the long walk to Regole post-Big Bridge. Every encounter here has either one or two of these guys. They have a phoenix down as their rare steal, no common steal getting in the way, and all they do is physicals and dischord, so they're not at all dangerous. Heck, their attack power is low enough that once you get the bone mail you can take their damage down to zero against any heavy armor job. (Thief itself will still be taking single digit damage with the equipment available at the time.) As for non thief havers? Well, uh, hopefully your team is good at killing ghidras in Ronka, since they have phoenix downs as a guaranteed drop. Side note: while the peninsula is still around in world 3, the tunnelers aren't. Fortunately, ghidras are available again in the first room of the ruins section of the void, and they're total pushovers by then.

Now, a rough tier list for how how I think all the jobs fare under the terms of this challenge. Caveats: I ordered this based on how much not spending money specifically screws the job over compared to its normal self, not how it ends up stacking up against other jobs. I'm assuming an unmodified game, but early job unlocks are mostly only going to matter in terms of what armor you have available at any given moment. Also assumed no dupes, which does actually matter because it would exacerbate equipment issues for a lot of jobs. Jobs that I actually used for this run will be denoted with an asterisk. Without further ado:

Ha Ha Ha... Oh Wait, You're Serious?:

Black Mage: You have no spells. It sucks! Hope you like grinding in Walse Tower forever to farm enough fire rods to last you the entire game. Toad has less utility than the free white and time spells, you have to jump through more hoops to fight rugwizard than they do, and your reward is a worse spell than what they get, but hey, at least it's a spell. Thief does make this slightly more tolerable; yellow dragons have thunder rods as their common steal and are easy to farm off the barrier tower chests. Still leaves you useless for the crystals, though.

At Least It's Not Black Mage:

Mystic Knight: None of the free utility magic have corresponding spellblades, so you really have no spells. In exchange, you get to... hit things with swords. Anyone who's used mystic knight can tell you that its damage is actually pretty bad when there's no elemental weaknesses to exploit, and as we'll see with knight later, swords are going to be a problem. On the bright side, flare blade is actually good! ...assuming your party has a better plan for rugwizard than running him out of mp (mage mashers are off limits, rip).
Time Mage: Time, white, and red mage all manage to escape the bottom tier because they share one thing black mage lacks: staff utility. Heal staff bonks won't stop being relevant for a long time, especially since you can't buy potions, power staff means you don't have to putz around with the wonder wand to berserk rugwizard (or shinryu if your team is up for it), sage's staff gives you on demand raise for endgame, and you can (and probably should in this situation) farm staves of light to break on W2 Exdeath. Also I guess the flail and morning star are weapons you might theoretically want to use at some point.
White Mage: Putting white mage above time because staves directly replace several white spells while time mage has no such recourse. As for which of the two I'd actually prefer to have in the party, it's hard to say. Mini+esuna vs float+teleport is kind of a wash; I think the latter offers slightly better utility, but you have earlier access to the former. Holy is a better spell than meteor and you actually get to use it against rugwizard, plus nobody likes doing the trench. However, getting white mage as your wind job is going to suck way more than usual until you can pick up the heal staff.
Red Mage: Still a worse job than time or white, but it doesn't have as far to fall so it gets top billing here. No last minute endgame spells for you, and everything I said about swords for mystic knight is still true. Also, there are fewer potential reasons to bother grinding out dualcast now, which might actually be a positive depending on how you look at it.
Cannoneer: Combine is completely unusable, so, you know, that's not great, but at least it's not your default command. Otherwise, it's the end of the game already, so equipment concerns are a thing of the past. You did have to beat rugwizard to get here, though, so hopefully that wasn't too painful.
Dragoon*: Dragoon's problems are fundamentally the same as all the jobs in the next tier, but its equipment issues are so dire that it deserves special treatment. With a thief, of course, dragoon is fine; the second best buyable spear is a world 1 steal after all. Without a thief, though? The first spear in a chest is at the end of meatfort. You might want to consider going against established wisdom and killing Enkidu last in the Boatgamesh fight; he drops a trident. Even then, that doesn't help you for the crystals.

Has Issues For Significant Stretches, But Basically Functional By Endgame:

Chemist: So you probably won't be soloing the game anytime soon unless you kick up your grinding time exponentially, but if you're smart about conserving your resources you can still break out some cheese for the fights that really matter, and you've still got the heal staff to help contribute the rest of the time. Might be worth hunting down a list of chest contents to help you plan ahead, and this could be the one time you want to kill a few prototypes if your party can swing it. The biggest snag is going to be that there's exactly one regular enemy in the entire game that drops maiden's kisses: metamorph's elf toad transformation. Obviously a thief brings you right back up to normal chemist levels for the most part.
Knight*: It's a loooong wait to get to the ancient sword, until which you're stuck with the broadswords you started the game with and a main gauche that can't be doublehanded. Thief is a big help here, getting you mythril swords and a coral sword to bridge the gap. Either way, once world 2 hits your problems are basically over. No slumber sword for Atomos is unfortunate, but otherwise it's smooth sailing. Also worth noting that the value of guard+cover strats is increased early-mid game since physicals are gonna be doing more damage across the board.
Berserker: The wait for death sickles isn't as bad, but it's still pretty long. Thief can't really help you this time, but the main gauche is at least an acceptable alternative as long as nobody else needs it more.
Dancer: The only job for which armor is enough of an issue by itself to affect its ranking. All the heavy armor jobs get a free upgrade at the end of world 1 right when physicals start getting more dangerous, but everyone else is stuck fighting over ridiculously outdated scraps and the bone mail through basically all of world 2. The mage jobs either don't care or have bigger problems to worry about, and the rest of the light armor jobs have a back row option to fall back on, but dancer? Dancer is going to eat poo poo. A lot.
Ranger: Has problems to start with unless you're willing to put in the effort to kill Liquid Flame in tornado form and farm a dark bow in Ronka, but there's always the frost bow from Cray Claw at least. No thunder bow is annoying for Soul Cannon, but you should be able to outlast it with nightingale unless you get really unlucky. Your damage is going to lag for a while in world 2 unless you have a thief, but honestly that's kind of true normally anyway, and fishing for nightingale still lets you contribute.

Fine Unless Your Team Has Problems With Omnisicient:

Mime: Heavily dependent on what other jobs you have, as usual. As long as you didn't get stuck with a bunch of jobs from the bottom 2 tiers you should be alright.
Oracle: Honestly a toss up for the order between oracle and gladiator here. Figured I'd list oracle first since half of your natural job pairings are trash.
Gladiator: Buddy if you can't come up with a weapon to put in your gladiator's hands I don't know what to tell you.

Slightly Inconvenienced At Worst:

Beastmaster: Your fight command is going to suffer in world 2 due to no chain whip, so you'll have to rely more on control and releases than you otherwise would, which is kind of a pain, but whatever.
Ninja: It's technically more of a hassle than just buying them outright, but scrolls are actually really easy to stock up on! Flame scrolls drop in the ship graveyard, which presents no danger by the time you'd need to worry about it, and thunder scrolls are a guaranteed drop off thunder anemones in the ocean. You're out of luck for water scrolls, but nobody cares about water scrolls anyway. Just make sure you farm enough in world 1 to last you a while, because there's no opportunity to top up in world 2. Otherwise, the lack of ninja swords is no great concern. They're barely better than the equivalent free knives and thief poo poo you have access to. Also worth noting that since converting all your junk equipment to money at endgame is pointless, ninja is the only job that can actually put some of it to use.
Samurai*: Actually fares really well despite the joke in the toxx. You could easily go the whole game without ever buying a katana in a normal run and hardly even notice. What about zeninage/giltoss, you ask? Hot take incoming: zeninage is mostly a crutch, you don't need it. You shouldn't be using it on randoms anyway and there's only like 3 boss fights where it really makes enough of a difference to be worth relying on. Samurai is already really powerful without it: they're big and beefy, katanas are great and can crit, they get a free evade chance that they don't really need, Masamune is frankly just ridiculous compared to most of the legendary weapons, and you can pull some shenanigans with iainuki if you're willing to grind for it. Honestly the hardest part was not screwing up my inputs and using zeninage by mistake. (and then resetting, because no exceptions, dammit!) Say no to throwing money at your problems. :colbert:
Freelancer: Freelancer's always going to be at least decent, not much else to say. And world 1 freelancer while waiting to unlock one of your actual jobs is still easy mode.
Thief*: Not putting thief in the top tier? I know, just hear me out. Sure, having thief means you can get your hands on a lot of things that would otherwise be impossible or incredibly tedious under the constraints of this challenge, but doing so is still more annoying than if you just bought the stuff like a normal person. Also, thief's ability to compensate for your lack of armor is actually pretty limited. It helps out a little bit here and there, but you're still going to be wearing a lot of old poo poo for most of the game.
Summoner: Now for the magic jobs that are still good. The main issue here is that Titan and Syldra are more inconvenient to boost than they need to be, but it's not too bad. Gaia gears are a drop in the barrier tower, and you've already got access to the magus rod when you pick up Syldra, it's just that that's only good for one person. The other potential snag is that if you don't farm any fire rods in Walse Tower, you're stuck either doing Shiva with no fire damage or doing liquid flame and the Karnak 500 with no Shiva.
Blue Mage: Again, having to wait to boost aeroga is the biggest problem, and it's not very big. Also, half the jobs that let you get white wind early can't do that anymore, but that's not a problem with blue mage itself.

Genuinely Does Not Give A poo poo:

Geomancer: There's literally only one bell you can buy and you get a free one anyway. Admittedly I'm not familiar enough with gaia tables to know if there's any situations where you'd want to boost earth or wind without being able to, but for NED at least you can always farm a rune chime instead if getting the free air knife in Istory is going to be a problem.
Bard: Apollo's harp is the only one that matters and you don't buy songs. Also mighty march is free healing. Bard still broken.
Monk: Look, not giving a poo poo about equipment is, like, monk's whole thing, OK? Oh, and chakra is another source of free healing. Monk still mediocre.

Sorry again for the wall of text! Now for assorted other toxxes:

Rosalie_A posted:

Alright thread. It's time to talk about overpowered abilities. You know the ones. They can make or break a run. You get three Thieves and despair and then roll a Samurai and go "lol guess I'm throwing money at everything".

But what if you didn't? There's jobs that have so much to offer that have stuff that never gets appreciated. Maybe it's time to take a new look at some of them, and cast your mind back to when you were young and didn't know about the internet letting you know what was really good or not.

Thus, here's my :toxx:: $1, up to $20, for any instance of the following, with a comment (your choice as to the length) on how you thought it changed the game:

-Samurai without using !Zeninage.
-Chemist without using !Mix.
-Ranger without using !Rapid Fire (the menu command. Hayate Bow is fine).
-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
-A write-in of your choice where a defining or powerful ability for the job is left unused. I just mention those four above because you're not defaulting to a bad Freelancer if you hold back. I'll accept any good faith effort on this, in case you want to do a Bard without !Sing or something for whatever reason.

These do add up, if you wanted to do multiple in one run, but if you don't want to give up !Dualcast on your one Red Mage in a sea of money-hoarding Samurai I won't judge (but those three Samurai would each count).

Anyway, the intent here is to just appreciate other abilities on offer, with a slight incentive to do so. Having done all of those myself, I think you'll be surprised as what you find when you take the power off the table (hint: Chemist? Still busted).

This was, of course, a no !Zeninage Samurai run by necessity, and you can find my thoughts on such above.

nrook posted:

Would've been more, but... mage mashers...

Also I know someone's got one running for holding on to the consumable summon items until the end of the game, but it's not on the first page and I've already been staring at this post for way too long to go hunting for it, so here you go, whoever you are:

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Oh, speaking of the summon drop item toxx now that I'm finishing Run 3...

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Team was black/bard/dragoon/cannoneer, so no summoner.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

I rounded up to an even $100.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Number Went Up (Fair warning: a lot of :words: incoming about the experience. There's more toxxes to report at the end though, so to people keeping track of stuff, don't skip the whole post.):

(snip)

Monk: Look, not giving a poo poo about equipment is, like, monk's whole thing, OK? Oh, and chakra is another source of free healing. Monk still mediocre.

Monk at its best is worse than the entire tier beneath it. Sure, it doesn't give a poo poo about that toxx, but it sure as gently caress gives a poo poo about the Barehanded damage formula sucking poo poo - though admittedly not being able to buy Hermes Sandals means they have a use for the Kaiser Knuckles in the Trench... if you can get past the rug.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Just grind™. Also, if you can get to the Trench you can get your derriere over to the Phoenix Tower to get some fast kicks. Unless you have Time Mage (not applicable here) or Samurai who is sacrificing haste and some immunities for punch power?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Grinding for Hermes Sandals is a pain in the rear end, and I say this as someone that can handle the encounters at Phoenix Tower easily (Geo/Zerk/Bard/Dancer).

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I think I'd take the 5th floor of Phoenix Tower than the end of Trench. That lava with minimal heals, oof. Both areas have bad counters of course but the save is so close to the grinding spot. Of course it matters on the party!

Run 2 down: Time Mage, Knight, Dragoon, Samurai. Well... at least I could hit hard? Kinda lame Dragoon can't Double Wield lances though (you can wield 2 lances, or a lance and a shield, but by itself is off the table?). Time Mage and Samurai are classes that make most classes better kinda so that's nice. But not a lot of synergy or anything there (you can Double Wield katanas juuust fine).

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

nrook posted:

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

First run of the year done! I didn't love this party (Samurai/Berserker/Dragoon/Summoner). I think this was my first run without a decent source of healing.

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).

One more for the pile.

Koobes posted:

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Just the freebie.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Well, looks like I have a pic of Lenna poisoned against Bahamut as coincidentally one of the two attacks he got off was Poison Breath.
Ironic since you can trivially obtain poison on North Mountain anyway, and I wasn't paying attention.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hey folks, I know this isn't exactly completely on topic, but since the Fiesta community and the retro emulation community overlaps fairly well, I thought I'd mention this here. Last night, Near, the developer behind emulators such as bsnes and higan, passed away. I didn't know them personally (apart from a few passing twitter interactions) but this is an enormous blow to the emulation community. CW for self-harm: They took their own life after writing a suicide note on twitter that mentioned harassment. One of their friends has confirmed that they were being constantly abused by people from Kiwifarms for years, and that was the thing that pushed them over the edge.

Hug your loved ones today, if you can. There's a whole bunch of people out there now who can't.

We're going to miss you, Near.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

That is loving horrible to hear.

-----

Finally finished my first run.

Let's tally the toxxes.

Arrrthritis posted:

Got a couple of Toxxes this year for the people who are interested!

I'll be donating $2 for every boss that's defeated with the power of !Gaia. Just for the hell of it, i'll make it $6 every time someone beats Omniscient with Gaia as well. Screenshot/Gif of the boss getting destroyed is all the proof I'll need.

Mega64 posted:

Five Gaia kills so far in Karlabos, Siren, Magisa, Garula, and Byblos, though technically Byblos is the only one that should be doable so far. Liquid Flame and Ifrit pretty much ignore !Gaia's bullshit, and a Berserker sniped the kill on Iron Claw.

Final count: 8.

Red Metal posted:

No Summoner. Was gonna go for the full Summon list toxx but figured I wasn't really feeling doing Istory, so I decided to go with this.

DalaranJ posted:

Okay, here's a more radical :toxx: that I'm going to add on top of my last one.
Number Go Up
Recommended: Thief, but not Samurai
Complete the game without spending any money (which includes using !cointoss).

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402681856152248324

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Trust me, I tried to do Shinryu, but it just wasn't happening with my L43 team. Omega and NED were simple enough with Bard.

Anyway, holy poo poo, I had one of the better job compositions to roll "No Buying Anything" with and it was still a pain in the rear end. Healing was limited as hell, so I had to basically blitz through battles the best I could, with occasional grinding sessions. Grinding for Hermes Sandals is a drat pain even when you can make the battles effortless. I had to grind for a second Coral Ring just for Shinryu attempts, which didn't work out anyway. I pulled it off, but I'll be happy to spend, spend, spend in my next run.

Whew. Not a bad run, but one I'm glad to be done with. It'll be a bit before my next run between my Gnosia LP and the Legend of Mana remaster, but glad to get at least one done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

gently caress, that's...

God drat.