Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

VulgarandStupid posted:

What are objectives?

Its what you aim the catapult at no matter what

I do think some people are too quick to say that their team isn't going after the objective. Like, take a look at the kill score first before saying that, sometimes your team is just getting murdered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Clanpot Shake posted:

The real trick to topping the scoreboards is to do the objectives. Building a ladder is worth 5 assists and there are 2-6 ladders on most objective maps. And the best part is people still haven't figured out how to build them! (realtalk this is a major fault of the game, the opacity of objectives)

Only just the other day I found there are some ladder pieces to pick up during one of the "Capture the bridge" objectives, but have no idea where the hell they're supposed to go. I don't think they're ever mentioned in any way in the game.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

The *real* trick to topping scoreboards is using the war horn which gives you 300-500 points pretty regularly :toot:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

How do you stand up after you fill the meter? My screen keeps saying "press left gamepad face to stand up" but I have no gamepad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jarmak posted:

How do you stand up after you fill the meter? My screen keeps saying "press left gamepad face to stand up" but I have no gamepad.

that's a bug if you rebind warcry, did you do that? press whatever your warcry button is

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Please patch the game with improved debugged party-making so that I can play this game properly :negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position posted:

Please patch the game with improved debugged party-making so that I can play this game properly :negative:

https://trello.com/c/tkhOEZir

kru
Oct 5, 2003

BeeSeeBee posted:

The *real* trick to topping scoreboards is using the war horn which gives you 300-500 points pretty regularly :toot:

It's genuinely this - I come top in 90% of the games I play.

Just kick around, steaming people on the objective and horn at bottlenecks on the front line.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

eonwe posted:

that's a bug if you rebind warcry, did you do that? press whatever your warcry button is

Yup I did, thanks!

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Have you guys run into tiny enemies in your games? What is the deal with that?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Have you guys run into tiny enemies in your games? What is the deal with that?

There’s a bench you can sit on, in one of the maps that shrinks you.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VulgarandStupid posted:

There’s a bench you can sit on, in one of the maps that shrinks you.

Please elaborate.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Please elaborate.

Just looked it up. Apparently it's on the second gold phase of coxswell or whatever. A bench on the righthand side if your on the Mason team.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Game is still good, and while I'm loving all the classes, I must say I've got a soft spot for the javelin thrower and the ambusher with the throwing daggers. It's fun to use the throws to secure some kills on people who are near death.
https://imgur.com/WJf28pE.mp4

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So what's the handiest tool for easily clipping all these .mp4s to size? I have all these 30 second instant replay clips, and I was considering breaking out the proper video editor to make some kind of montage video, but surely there's something more convenient if I wanna just snip the relevant 10 second part out and stick it in imgur.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

It's made for Discord, but I use that : https://8mb.video/

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Please elaborate.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Nordick posted:

So what's the handiest tool for easily clipping all these .mp4s to size? I have all these 30 second instant replay clips, and I was considering breaking out the proper video editor to make some kind of montage video, but surely there's something more convenient if I wanna just snip the relevant 10 second part out and stick it in imgur.

The record button on vlc

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SpacePope posted:

It's made for Discord, but I use that : https://8mb.video/

Statutory Ape posted:

The record button on vlc

These are both good, thanks.

Now to figure out what the hell is up with imgur uploading my ~6MB clip without audio.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Did you check it to upload with audio? Iirc by default it does it with just the video track

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Statutory Ape posted:

Did you check it to upload with audio? Iirc by default it does it with just the video track

Hrm, no I did not. Apparently this option only exists when using the New Post button on the top left. I normally upload my stuff by going to my gallery page and just dragging and dropping things there. Another mystery solved.

https://i.imgur.com/MYo8WvD.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/gUlTjj8.mp4

Just a couple general :black101: moments to test things out.
And I only just now realised that the last guy in the second clip wasn't even my kill, he got nailed by an arrow a split second before I took his head off.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
those are some awesome clips

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Bought the game on a whim, haven't stopped laughing out loud. Brings back memories of BF1942, spawning in waves and just throwing yourself into the meat grinder over and over.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
So many people playing the vip forget the single most important thing a vip can do that’s critical and irreplaceable to the success of the stage: constantly holler to raise the morale of your team. Always Be pressing C

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Phobeste posted:

So many people playing the vip forget the single most important thing a vip can do that’s critical and irreplaceable to the success of the stage: constantly holler to raise the morale of your team. Always Be pressing C

Second most important thing: Grab a shield. Not because it keeps you alive longer (though it does), but because then C makes you bang your weapon against it for extra morale! :black101:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Dane axe is super fun to use and to throw. Want a rail gun? Throw your dane axe. It's probably my favorite weapon.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Jimbot posted:

The Dane axe is super fun to use and to throw. Want a rail gun? Throw your dane axe. It's probably my favorite weapon.

Greetings, fellow Dane Axe appreciator. :hfive:

https://i.imgur.com/GSkbPcl.mp4

:gibs: :black101: :gonk:

(Obviously, for every instance like this, there's twenty times when I just get clobbered instantly)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
You didn't throw it once! Shame, that's my favorite use of the Dane Axe.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Perestroika posted:

Second most important thing: Grab a shield. Not because it keeps you alive longer (though it does), but because then C makes you bang your weapon against it for extra morale! :black101:

If I'm duke or heir I just sit on the throne and demand that my team defend me

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

If I'm duke or heir I just sit on the throne and demand that my team defend me

Bend the knee!
Bend the knee!
Prostrate thyself!
I don't see you trembling yet!
Bend the knee!

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I love making this already bullshit map even more aggravating for Agatha

The griping about field engies was about even with complaints about archers :)

BeeSeeBee fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 28, 2021

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
"Yall are playing minecraft" lmao

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ravenfood posted:

You didn't throw it once! Shame, that's my favorite use of the Dane Axe.

Yeah tbh I should probably just carry two of them instead of having a hammer or someshit in the second slot. Wanna have my Dane Axe and yeet it too.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/Cocklepuss/status/1409606095224647690?s=19

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

BeeSeeBee posted:

I love making this already bullshit make even more aggravating for Agatha

Little known fact, you don't have to hit the doors of those cages to break them, the entire cart is a hitbox.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

cerebral posted:

Little known fact, you don't have to hit the doors of those cages to break them, the entire cart is a hitbox.

:catstare:

God damnit

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
People not knowing that explains so much lmfao. So many defenders letting me circle backwards round and round those letting me counterslash and chip with every swing

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Yeah, you can often beeline to the furthest cage at spawn, get behind it and open it at least most of the way before the second or third spawn wave notices you. In that match we also had archers throwing up their pavises and spike traps along the sides to help. So many places on that map where you can wall off an objective with just a few players replenishing fortifications and make it nearly impossible to get through.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Perestroika posted:

shield-bangin is literally half the reason i play Guardian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BeeSeeBee posted:

I love making this already bullshit map even more aggravating for Agatha

Don't worry, wooden walls (and spikes) seem to self destruct after a certain amount of time. Boy is that always a rude surprise for the defenders :v:

"Only 30 seconds left guys, they won't be freeing the prisoner for the 'kill the shirtless warrior' sequence today-Why did everyone's walls just explode in sequence?"

BeeSeeBee posted:

Yeah, you can often beeline to the furthest cage at spawn, get behind it and open it at least most of the way before the second or third spawn wave notices you. In that match we also had archers throwing up their pavises and spike traps along the sides to help. So many places on that map where you can wall off an objective with just a few players replenishing fortifications and make it nearly impossible to get through.

Rear cart feels nearly indefensible if it is out the starting gate. So far as my track record of smashing the rear of the cart while people chase me around hitting me expecting me to turn around and fight them instead of break cages goes.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 28, 2021