Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Boba Pearl posted:

Having to get another job is not literally killing someone.

Apparently even the most common of jobs is something he cant get due to blacklisting, let alone payoff a quarter million debt while trying to actually make ends meet.
Especially now. His own fault though.

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah I gotta say dude you sound like you have a weird hangup here.

You're using some pretty extreme emotional language for a victim making twitter posts "kill" "lynch" "actively trying to kill" saying they are "trying to score brownie points". It sorta makes me think you're more interested in attacking a victim than seeking justice.

The first few minutes of the video are trying to manipulate me into viewing again a victim as hypocritical or a bad insincere activist. Kinda makes me think the whole video is some culture war gish-gallop smearing a victim that merely obscures the truth by calling into question inconsequential details when again the objective facts(which came from more than Jisu) are incredibly bad.

This combined with your downplaying of a guy grooming a minor and whatever the gently caress you call a guy who ran an exploitive teenager workhouse makes me think you're kind of a weirdo ngl

Like at best the guy was an incredibly irresponsible guardian I wouldn't hire either tbh

Admititedly after looking it over, yeah bit extreme. But you have to admit, getting mad at one of her biggest supporters tweeting for a wellness check on someone who almost commited suicide is some hosed up poo poo.

Her whole thing started when ZeRo did a tweet that was basically wagging his finger at Nairo for the Zack thing(You want to see victim blamming go check that mess), and she acuses him of abuse and then tweets a sailor moon meme in preassumed victory(which she also did incorrectly). It was a whiplash of tone that was very weird then(think some of us in this thread even mentioned it), and now we learn she may or may not have been exaggerating if the video is to be fully belived, you either trust Leffen or MTOrion on that end. Then the whole situation spiraled into stupidity with he said she said that basically moved nothing forward, and Leffen coming in to get in a few kicks in to a incredibly stupid ZeRo saying a whole lot of nothing. It was the loving stupidest shitshow during the whole summer when the smash comunity was getting exposed, and it ended when Katie came forward and cornered ZeRo. Doing more truth in a matter of a few paragraphs than several days of 20 something year olds did. The entire thing was a domino effect of stupid, ZeRo just in general and then the loving disgusting bullshit of what he did to Katie, Jisu being a freggin idiot, and Leffen being a massive tool(so being Leffen). No one looked good in that, but Jisu being proud of it is just...not even sure how describe it. Especially with what we know now.

Also what the gently caress are you talking about "downplay of a guy grooming a minor and whatever the gently caress you call a guy who ran an exploitive teenager workhouse". I literally said their poo poo was really bad but not death worthy, that it had nothing to do with why Jisu sucks, and at least they're trying to fix poo poo on their end for their massive gently caress ups. I want some loving truth and justice, something jisu was manipulating while being arrogant about it. If all 3 of those idiots can learn and better themselves off this then excellent, but to me all 3 are shitheaps.

But you are right im probably more mad than I should be. It ended up with some innocent people getting dragged into this for no reason, someone controlling the whole situation on their end to make them look better, and a whole lot of hosed up poo poo that was absolutely disgusting or stupid as hell that it happened. But familiarity of jisu's actions is probably the biggest reason im absolutely pissed about this, and I wont go into more detail than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Shoenin posted:

Admititedly after looking it over, yeah bit extreme. But you have to admit, getting mad at one of her biggest supporters tweeting for a wellness check on someone who almost commited suicide is some hosed up poo poo.
I looked into the context for this and I don't understand why somebody made a video interview with Zero after he attempted suicide anyway that she then had to tell them to take down?
It's a strange and dumb situation I'm not entirely sure I even want to comment on it.

Shoenin posted:

Also what the gently caress are you talking about "downplay of a guy grooming a minor and whatever the gently caress you call a guy who ran an exploitive teenager workhouse". I literally said their poo poo was really bad but not death worthy, that it had nothing to do with why Jisu sucks, and at least they're trying to fix poo poo on their end for their massive gently caress ups. I want some loving truth and justice, something jisu was manipulating while being arrogant about it. If all 3 of those idiots can learn and better themselves off this then excellent, but to me all 3 are shitheaps.
Serious answer, when you're accusing a victim of attempted murder for some Twitlongers and then write some bad poo poo as just irresponsible or creepy and being in my view kind of reductive about their actions in general it comes off as a deflection, even if you say "they did terrible things".

Idk I don't know you, I barely know the Smash Bros scene just from this thread, maybe I'm shooting too hard from the hip on that one but your whole posting comes off as that "lying manipulator cancel credits clout chasing" thing and it makes me inclined to take the worst view towards your posts.
I think it is incredibly hosed up to say she was intentionally trying to kill people and I'm going to continue to believe the victims.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 26, 2021

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Hub Cat posted:

I looked into the context for this and I don't understand why somebody made a video interview with Zero after he attempted suicide anyway that she then had to tell them to take down?
It's a strange and dumb situation I'm not entirely sure I even want to comment on it

Like I said the whole situation with ZeRo was dumb as poo poo, and no one involved in smash looked good there.

Hub Cat posted:

Serious answer, when you're accusing a victim of attempted murder for some Twitlongers and then sort of write-off some bad poo poo as just irresponsible or creepy and being in my view kind of reductive about their actions in general it comes off as a deflection, even if you say "they did terrible things".

Idk I don't know you, I barely know the Smash Bros scene just from this thread, maybe I'm shooting too hard from the hip on that one but your whole posting comes off as that whole " lying manipulator cancel credits clout chasing" thing and it makes me inclined to take the worst view towards your posts. I think it is incredibly hosed up to say she was intentionally trying to kill people and I'm going to continue to believe the victims.

What the hell are you getting from my posts? At no point did I ever write off what ZeRo or Sky did. What they did was Creepy and Irresponsible respectively. That's bad, and everyone knows it was bad, why bother wasting words on what everyone already knows. We've had a year making GBS threads on these fuckers for it. Whether you think its not enough is irrelevant since its not the matter at hand.

Heres the thing: She's a victim through Jesse Werner/Vidjogamer. That sucks she had to go through that and no is denying that, gently caress Vidjo.

But for the ZeRo and Sky situation? Its shedding a whole different light there, and it was kind of there from the start really. She aint no victim there, epsecially when its revealed one of them was actually trying to help her with Vidijo while she was setting him up to fall during the time she's acusing him of abuse. You're going to tell me it was right for her to abuse the fact she was abused to screw people over? Abuse is abuse, regardless of who does it, and she herself was very much abusing her own power she got from this. The only people who are 100% victims in all this are Katie and Vanessa, who ive said nothing negative about. Maybe I did go too far in saying she was trying to kill people, but how the gently caress am I supposed to not raise an eyebrow to poo poo like "Love watching the quiet downfall of my enemies." or her overly agressive reaction to the wellness check for the attempted suicide, despite the fact she was still friendly to both of them after the time her aligations had happened? This poo poo did not sit right with me at all.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jun 26, 2021

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

You’re not raising an eyebrow, though. You’re typing out walls of text using language like “lynching” to convince people that actually a victim is really trying to physically kill people, and you are convinced of it because the Ben Shapiro of the smash community made a video? That’s some real thin poo poo to base this much of an opinion on.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Literally got mad people wanted to check up on him for almost commiting suicide. Multiple tweets. While leading and gloating over cancelling him. I didnt need Technical's poo poo to tell me the latter since I saw that unfold.
That doesn't seem like she wants him fine. Ive already said few times I may have gone too far. But it doesn't stop my point that she was not happy about just asking if he wasnt loving dead.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 26, 2021

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I am very unfamiliar with the background to what you guys are discussing here but I have done my best to read up on it so I could understand what you're all talking about in order to moderate it.

Shoenin, you need to take a step back here. As far as I can tell what Jisu objected to was not people checking up on Zero's mental health, but the release of a half-hour long sympathetic interview with him. This is not the same as wanting him to die, it was more about a potential public image rehabilitation. Those are very different things. Truly I don't know much about these people and maybe she hasn't been a model victim in expressing her emotions publicly (no one is), but your vitriol is misplaced.

Remember that when you say Zero was "cancelled," it means that she revealed, and he later admitted to soliciting sexual material from a 14-year-old.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if you're seriously listening to a single fuckin thing from a guy who looks up to ben shapiro and unironically did the 'ACTUALLY, it's ephebophilia' poo poo and basing your opinions on this situation from anything that person has wrote or said, you are a total fuckin moron. quite frankly this poo poo does not even really belong in this thread so long as it is coming from someone this unreliable.

vet your fuckin sources better and keep trash like this dude and whatever the gently caress he says out of this thread imo.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

vet your fuckin sources better and keep trash like this dude and whatever the gently caress he says out of this thread imo.

I only lurk here but I second this, that video was putrid.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Thirded. I like keeping an eye out on this thread because I'd prefer not to support abusers but there's always a lot of apologia for them here. Ideally, I'd rather we trust the words of the victims more often here.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if you're seriously listening to a single fuckin thing from a guy who looks up to ben shapiro and unironically did the 'ACTUALLY, it's ephebophilia' poo poo and basing your opinions on this situation from anything that person has wrote or said, you are a total fuckin moron. quite frankly this poo poo does not even really belong in this thread so long as it is coming from someone this unreliable.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Oops quote not edit.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Quote not edit

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 26, 2021

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Quote not Edit

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 26, 2021

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Christ I hosed posting up bad.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I like this thread, but it's exhausting we can't go a page or two without someone coming in and using extremely abusive language stanning for victimizers, and slandering victims. What I use this thread for, and it might be lovely of me to do so, is to just go "Yes, I heard this guy was a dick, we can all agree he's a dick, here are the details so you can avoid this dick." Like, maybe I'm asking for an echo chamber or whatever, but I'd rather have 5 pages lambasting the guy who sexually groomed girls, then, once again, having to argue that a victim acting irrational is somehow a mark on their character. They were victimized, I do not know many who are well adjusted after that.

I reported the post that called it a Lynching, I'm sorry that sexually abusing someone / or grooming / or whatever you want to call it, has made it so you can't play video games for money, and it's making it incredibly difficult for you to find employment. That doesn't make him the victim though, if he had done the things he admitted too, in Zero's case the sex stuff, and in the other guys case the teenage workhouse with property destruction, then this is what's going to happen. He didn't face Jail Time, he didn't get his rear end beat, he didn't suffer any consequences at all, except now it's hard for him to find a job.

Another thing, I'm sorry, I refuse to believe there is no-one hiring someone who says that women lied about him, and ruined his career, we've already proven that the "Ben Shapiro of Gaming," is willing to go to bat for him, are we really going to pretend that there's not a single CHUD out there that wouldn't hire him? I'm sorry, I call bullshit.

Even if it was true, which it's almost definitely not, I'd like to point out again that he didn't suffer any consequences, the closest thing he'll have to a punishment is having to work extra hard to find work, and not being allowed near the levers of power again.And you know what, honestly? If it kills him, that's really sad for his friends and family.

But only his friends and family.

That's a dumb argument though, because it's not going to kill him. He might end up homeless sure, depending on the state, maybe even the equivalent of a debtors prison. But he's not going to die from lack of work. As someone whose been homeless, I can tell you that people are remarkably resilient, and he'll suffer for many many years before he dies.

And honestly, I want an echo chamber, I'd like a place on the forums where I can go "Hey this guy is an abuser, look at what he did. That loving sucks, isn't this guy a dick" and have a bunch of people go "Yeah, YEAH! This guy sucks! gently caress that guy." Because honestly, growing up I didn't get a lot of that. I grew up believing all women were lying demons that connive their way into your life to destroy, because it's in their nature to ally with snakes over honest men. It says so in the Bible! So I'm sorry, I want a place to post with a bunch of people to say dudes suck. IF you wander in here and say dude rules, I'm gonna be happy when a bunch of people call you a loving idiot, and telling you to shut the gently caress up.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 26, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Boba Pearl posted:

I like this thread, but it's exhausting we can't go a page or two without someone coming in and using extremely abusive language stanning for victimizers, and slandering victims. What I use this thread for, and it might be lovely of me to do so, is to just go "Yes, I heard this guy was a dick, we can all agree he's a dick, here are the details so you can avoid this dick." Like, maybe I'm asking for an echo chamber or whatever, but I'd rather have 5 pages lambasting the guy who sexually groomed girls, then, once again, having to argue that a victim acting irrational is somehow a mark on their character. They were victimized, I do not know many who are well adjusted after that.
Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. Sometimes I feel sad that this thread has a :nexus: rating, but then we have another derail like this with somebody doing a "Well, actually" and I'm reminded why.

Maybe we need an IK.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I've also got to point out, that 1.) Zero was regularly contacting children on his youtube channel, discord, and twitch. All the videos are gone, but I loved Smash 4, and Zero was someone I personally loved because of his rags to riches story. If he's sexually grooming minors, it seems weird that no-one mentions the multiple videos and streams where he has underaged children on the internet play and he boosts them with his channel.

2.) The receipts in that video are hot loving garbage, it's the typical MRA spin where you try and take everything a victim does and spin as negatively as possible. So that dumb loving idiots will log-on and call Jisu a manipulative piece of poo poo, this is all to normalize abuse in the fighting game community, and smash as well. When this guy says he wants to be the Ben Shapiro of the Smash Community, and I've decided to actually do the research and watch some of his poo poo, read some of his tweets, he means it. He admits he wants to de-legitimize "cancel culture" because of the harm it does to the FGC. It doesn't take a big wrinkly brain (and trust me, mine's the smoothest around,) to understand that by putting out these character assassination pieces, it pushes victim into the very things they fear most.

If I say something, will I get hurt?

What will people say about me?

What if no-one believes me?

All things that kept me from reporting my sexual abuse until it was too late, and I was labelled a "manipulative piece of poo poo, who would lie about being raped to get back at not being allowed to play xbox."

So I'm sorry, I don't trust this piece. The "factual" evidence, is garbage. The provider is someone who is purposefully and with malicious intent trying to de-legitimize victims to uphold rape culture, and the "victimized lynching" you claim, (which on it's own it's absolutely disgusting. Don't think I don't see what you're trying to do by saying a black man is being lynched by those he victimized) are specious at best.

This is a lot of words to say, gently caress you, you're wrong, you know you're wrong, and the language you're using was purposefully chosen to be as lovely as possible.

e: And while I'm not black, and can't speak for black people, I'm gonna go ahead and give a piece of advice, that we don't really say black people are getting lynched when they're not. In fact, when I'm around other white people, I'm pretty sus of anyone who uses the term lynched.

e2: I'm getting myself worked up over nothing, and it's lovely to yell at you when you can't post. I actually am sorry for that.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 26, 2021

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

iunironically did the 'ACTUALLY, it's ephebophilia' poo poo

That is such an internet classic that it took me by surprise to see someone use that defence unironically.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boba Pearl posted:

He didn't face Jail Time, he didn't get his rear end beat, he didn't suffer any consequences at all, except now it's hard for him to find a job.

Another thing, I'm sorry, I refuse to believe there is no-one hiring someone who says that women lied about him, and ruined his career, we've already proven that the "Ben Shapiro of Gaming," is willing to go to bat for him, are we really going to pretend that there's not a single CHUD out there that wouldn't hire him? I'm sorry, I call bullshit.

Even if it was true, which it's almost definitely not, I'd like to point out again that he didn't suffer any consequences, the closest thing he'll have to a punishment is having to work extra hard to find work, and not being allowed near the levers of power again.

That's a dumb argument though, because it's not going to kill him. He might end up homeless sure, depending on the state, maybe even the equivalent of a debtors prison.

And another note, I can almost guarantee, with 100% certainty, that no one has ever became homeless and died of hunger due to this. These abusers barely, if ever, serve jail time, most of them don't even lose their careers, at most they have to stay low for a few months until it passes from public memory.

If anyone, it's the abused that have to endure much more challenges and no support. These idiots always have a supporting nest of equal abusers, gently caress them all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Well at least I know not to listen to this dude now. Curiosity killed the cat in my case.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Whatever other issues the company may have, I appreciate how Rooster Teeth handled the RH situation. Just immediately dropped and un-personed him, deleting content he was in, making an absolute statement of "gently caress that guy" and never discussing him again. It's sad that what should be the standard response is an outlier.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Mans posted:

That is such an internet classic that it took me by surprise to see someone use that defence unironically.

lol an SA mod used it relatively recently in a thread that was dedicated to explaining how mods are not, actually, all child molesters. Fluffdaddy banned him for it, I'm pretty sure.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Eason the Fifth posted:

lol an SA mod used it relatively recently in a thread that was dedicated to explaining how mods are not, actually, all child molesters. Fluffdaddy banned him for it, I'm pretty sure.

:psyduck: why does this keep happening

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

Even if it was true, which it's almost definitely not, I'd like to point out again that he didn't suffer any consequences, the closest thing he'll have to a punishment is having to work extra hard to find work, and not being allowed near the levers of power again.And you know what, honestly? If it kills him, that's really sad for his friends and family.

It's very possible that if he's trying to maximize his skillset of YouTuber with live event experience that he's getting knocked down. That said, no sympathy because if you have a job in the most public facing position of games, maybe you shouldn't run a scam and also rape house.

If he tried to blend in at the lower levels of a games company, in a non community role, he'd probably make it in.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

He could easily get a real job too. Most companies aren't going to look you up. I don't think this is is nearly the horrible punishment that he thinks it is

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Studio posted:

It's very possible that if he's trying to maximize his skillset of YouTuber with live event experience that he's getting knocked down. That said, no sympathy because if you have a job in the most public facing position of games, maybe you shouldn't run a scam and also rape house.

If he tried to blend in at the lower levels of a games company, in a non community role, he'd probably make it in.

You've kind of hit the nail on the head. These people don't want to admit their fall from grace happened and just work a quiet job and live a quiet life, they want everything back and they want the people who 'embarrassed' them to eat a big bowl of public poo poo.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
In non-Smash news, Chris Avelone's suing the woman who first accused him, and is claiming that it was all a vendetta against him. Little to no mention of the other accusations he received including a screenshot of a sexually harassing message he sent.

His Medium posts: https://chrisavellone.medium.com/its-come-to-this-chris-avellone-2fe5db836746

https://chrisavellone.medium.com/ending-silence-c48e86f7c523

Link to the lawsuit: https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-christopher-an-individual-avellone-vs-karissa-an-individual-barrows-et-al-702893

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VostokProgram posted:

He could easily get a real job too. Most companies aren't going to look you up. I don't think this is is nearly the horrible punishment that he thinks it is

This is false. Companies are becoming increasingly aware of how their employees' behavior on social media affects them and public opinion of them if they get caught out, and I've had more than a couple recruiters comment that I'm basically a black hole online.

Now, if you mostly use a pseudonym then you're probably fine - that's more difficult to track unless it's part of your credentials (ie I'm DrDisrespect hire me to run XYZ), especially if you keep a layer of separation between your online identity and your real name.

All of that said, there are plenty of smaller companies that will intentionally hire people because of their noxious behavior, provided it doesn't cross the line into being actually illegal.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

In non-Smash news, Chris Avelone's suing the woman who first accused him, and is claiming that it was all a vendetta against him. Little to no mention of the other accusations he received including a screenshot of a sexually harassing message he sent.

His Medium posts: https://chrisavellone.medium.com/its-come-to-this-chris-avellone-2fe5db836746

Link to the lawsuit: https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-christopher-an-individual-avellone-vs-karissa-an-individual-barrows-et-al-702893

gonna be hard when there's reams of his own admissions of how often he was a drunken gross rear end in a top hat to women.

feels like this is step one into his full blown chud transformation to "sjws ruined gaming"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
All these ppl need is an excuse, regardless of whether or not it’s plausible or even actually excuses their actions srsly doesn’t matter cuz all their sexist fans with parasocial attachment r lookin for is a talking point 2 say “well it’s not totally clear-cut ” so they don’t have to be self-aware about transparently caring more about giggling at a YouTube channel or epic fantasy rpgs than someone being sexual assaulted (see: this thread)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Well at least I know not to listen to this dude now. Curiosity killed the cat in my case.

Posting this kind of thing has been a pattern for you in this thread and I don't think it's healthy for the thread as a whole. Please don't post in this thread anymore. I'm not going to probate you now, but you will be if you post in this thread again.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Yeah, maybe don’t signal boost this dork’s lovely video.

https://twitter.com/arJunebug/statu...r%3D976lastpost

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm no lawtalker but I looked through the complaint and it doesn't seem very good. Lots of claims that seem to be over opinions like calling him a predator or things that would be very hard to get past an actual malice standard without bulletproof evidence and some downright petty stuff like "I didn't get fired by Obsidian!"
Will probably be pretty embarrassing when it gets blasted all over of course

They are making an interesting sounding claim that 100 unnamed defendants(I guess retweets or replies or something?) were in fact acting as agents of and conspiring with the named defendants(and each other) but do not state what these unnamed defendants are alleged to have done leaving the option to add more later.

California has to my understanding a fairly strong anti-SLAPP statute so I think this was probably a poor decision on the legal front.

Anyway just saw one of the lawyers I recognize from the Vic stuff was doing a thread on it so I'll drop that in because they might actually know what they're doing:https://twitter.com/dmschmeyer/status/1409054177980870657?s=20

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 27, 2021

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Hub Cat posted:

I'm no lawtalker but I looked through the complaint and it doesn't seem very good, lots of claims that seem to be over opinions like calling him a predator or things that would be very hard to get past an actual malice standard without bulletproof evidence and some downright petty stuff like "I didn't get fired by Obsidian!"
Will probably be pretty embarrassing when it gets blasted all over of course

They are making an interesting sounding claim that 100 unnamed defendants(I guess retweets or replies or something?) were in fact acting as agents of and conspiring with the named defendants(and each other) but do not state what these unnamed defendants are alleged to have done leaving the option to add more later.

California has to my understanding a fairly strong anti-SLAPP statute so I think this was probably a poor decision on the legal front.

Anyway just saw one of the lawyers I recognize from the Vic stuff was doing a thread on it so I'll drop that in because they might actually know what they're doing:https://twitter.com/dmschmeyer/status/1409054177980870657?s=20

Accurate. And yeah, DM is very competent and extremely right. This is a *really poor* decision on multiple levels from Avellone.

1. Suing over this is dumb in the first place
2. He's going to lose, *horribly*
3. The defendants are *happily* going to accept Cali as the venue. Remember how Vic got mauled by the TCPA? I'd rather be mauled by the TCPA than savaged by the california anti-slapp.

Basically, imagine that where the TCPA just shoots you in the dick and says "pay back the defendants for the costs you made them incur, you fucker", the california anti-slapp does that, then cocks its gun and says "oh yeah, now it's our turn to hunt you for your abuse of the legal system"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Humongous Pear posted:

Yeah, maybe don’t signal boost this dork’s lovely video.

https://twitter.com/arJunebug/statu...r%3D976lastpost

“Trust the plan” Is Qanon poo poo.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Why is it that this weirdos are always also QAnoners. Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question. But dudes... at least find a new hot conspiracy theory.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Shooting Blanks posted:

This is false. Companies are becoming increasingly aware of how their employees' behavior on social media affects them and public opinion of them if they get caught out, and I've had more than a couple recruiters comment that I'm basically a black hole online.
Depends on the kinds of jobs he's applying for. I heavily doubt Costco is going to run a social media check on someone applying to stock shelves. It's that he's probably applying for jobs in an industry that is sensitive to online presence (assuming it's not all made-up bullshit, anyway). But boo-hoo to you, buddy. Someone who gets popped embezzling doesn't get to work in finance any more, and now you can find a crappy office/warehouse/retail job like 99% of the working population. You had a good thing going and hosed it up by being a reprehensible piece of poo poo. Oops, actions have consequences!

You, as in the rear end in a top hat in question, not you, SB.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Why is it that this weirdos are always also QAnoners. Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question. But dudes... at least find a new hot conspiracy theory.

The "beauty" of QAnon is that it's like some kind of horrible conspiracy katamari that rolls every other dumbshit idiot conspiracy theory into itself as part of one vast web of stupidity.

It lets you be a crackpot for every conspiracy theory at once!

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Just in case you couldn't believe Chis Avellone's lawyers couldn't be dumber...

https://chrisavellone.medium.com/its-come-to-this-chris-avellone-2fe5db836746

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kchama posted:

Just in case you couldn't believe Chis Avellone's lawyers couldn't be dumber...

https://chrisavellone.medium.com/its-come-to-this-chris-avellone-2fe5db836746

What am I looking at? I'm not gonna read what appears to be 20-30k words about how some sjw lying whore is trying to ruin him.

I'm guessing he at best admits to a ton of fault and at worst completely invalidates his own case with his social media ranting. The fact he even wrote more words besides "I'm going to seek legal remedies against a false accusation" makes me assume this is some Ty Beard-esque legal thing where the lawyer who's taking his money is like a estate planning specialist and is now representing him in a private lawsuit for slander/defamation.