Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Quintana with MVDP on his wheel, lovely stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

phwoar

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Van Der Poel is an absolute monster.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Beast mode

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
braaaaaaaap

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Isn't that Porte?

Lmao hey Nairo!!

That was before Porte took over!

I think Alaphillipe is still in yellow by a few seconds, VDP got 4 on the line, plus 18 bonus seconds this stage.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
GC is gonna be down to Pog and Rog just from bonus seconds and the ITT before we ever get near a mountain.

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.
What an attack (x2)!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I don't think I've ever seen van der Poel this gassed (in races where he didn't bonk)

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I hope that vdP got just enough there to wear yellow tomorrow - he deserves it after those attacks.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Want to see where Thomas was, looked like he was dropping back but Dicky Carapaz and Porte looked good.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao mattys wrecked

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

GC is gonna be down to Pog and Rog just from bonus seconds and the ITT before we ever get near a mountain.

I'm surprised Thomas isn't featuring in this yet given how important time bonuses were for his Tour win.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

peanut- posted:

Unless they blow up they look utterly untouchable by any of the rest.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Welcome to all our seasonal posters.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

I don't think I've ever seen van der Poel this gassed (in races where he didn't bonk)

He completely died when he crossed the line in that 50km solo attack at Tirreno. Couldn’t stand up for ages.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

He completely died when he crossed the line in that 50km solo attack at Tirreno. Couldn’t stand up for ages.

He literally did bonk in that one lol

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Smirr posted:

You clearly didn’t watch stage 5 of Tirreno-Adriatico

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Smirr posted:

Lmao hey Nairo!!

Yet again completely forgot he was in a race

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

I think that was the most exhausted I've ever seen anyone. He has an ability to completely empty himself unlike any other.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He literally did bonk in that one lol

Yeah

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Still laughing at Formolo chasing who I guess he thought was MvDP? Then immediately dying.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
nice reservoir

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I think that was the most exhausted I've ever seen anyone. He has an ability to completely empty himself unlike any other.

I remember when he won Amstel Gold I thought he was going to pass out. Man must have been pushing 190 heart rate for 5 minutes.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He was just openly sobbing on tv at getting yellow. Completely emptied himself.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He wanted it more than anybody else.

I guess they'll let him hold it for a few days. I can't see him losing it before the TT unless the peloton seriously gently caress something up.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

occasionally you get a break win where the guy starts dying coming to the line, I remember a French dude winning a stage that way in the Tour a few years back.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Now I'm kind of mad he didn't get to win in his grandfather's kit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
combativity prize should have gone to Perez (since they don't like giving it to the same guy twice in a row), boo. I know it's basically the break award, but that was literal combat.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Still laughing at Formolo chasing who I guess he thought was MvDP? Then immediately dying.

We are all Davide Formolo some days.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Want to see where Thomas was, looked like he was dropping back but Dicky Carapaz and Porte looked good.

Apparently Thomas lost 23 seconds, did look like they were riding for Carapaz tbf. Porte must be fuming he got caught up in the crash yesterday.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just trying to get everyone up there out so they can steal the top team award sponsored by Movistar.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Apparently Thomas lost 23 seconds, did look like they were riding for Carapaz tbf. Porte must be fuming he got caught up in the crash yesterday.

He was the lead of the second group, not sure where he got dropped

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

He was the lead of the second group, not sure where he got dropped

Think it was the mur de bretagne mate.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Think it was the mur de bretagne mate.

:monocle: Great scott

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm bummed the lovely Canyon seatpost storyline didn't go anywhere.
MVDP just blasts up the final climb out of the saddle, obviating any stress to that post.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wait there was a second crash after Opi Omi? Anyone got a clip?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
2 minutes into this

https://streamable.com/ubz8cd

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/VelonCC/status/1409194171257270279?s=19

MvDP did a sick skid at the end, we stan. Also is that still the lower end frame he won strade bianchi on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I think it's the new one, going by the fully internal cables and aero shaped post. Old frame had pretty round seat post.