Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think it would be pretty cool if there was a mod that changed the entire world generation into an infinite mall or megastore that just stretched out in all directions.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Vib Rib posted:

I think it would be pretty cool if there was a mod that changed the entire world generation into an infinite mall or megastore that just stretched out in all directions.

Thanks
But with the occasional 30 z-level atrium the size of a town so you could fly helicopters.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Now I'm thinking about megamalls that have roller coasters in them and wondering if the rail system could be tweaked to make a coaster.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The rail system barely works for as is.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

The Lone Badger posted:

Ranged weapons are a special case. You spend time 'aiming' before firing in order to improve your chance of a hit. I can't remember the exact key commands any more but there are several shortcuts for how much to aim before firing. Critically, they are for 'how Stable to get before firing' not 'how many seconds to spend aiming'.
Being attacked in melee reduces your Stability.
So your character was attempting a sisyphean task of carefully drawing a bead on an enemy that was actively fighting them.
Again I can't remember the exact key commands, but if shooting at something in melee range you need to use the command that makes you fire immediately without aiming. Terrible accuracy, but it's the only way to successfully get a shot off.

tl;dr don't use a rifle against someone in melee with you

You can hit "." which is the wait a turn key roughly three times while in melee before most zeds and enemies take a swing at you. This can help you improve your aim while in melee.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Now I'm thinking about megamalls that have roller coasters in them and wondering if the rail system could be tweaked to make a coaster.

Sorry but only roller coaster operators can realistically operate roller coasters and roller coaster rides.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Make sure to keep your roller coaster meter high

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I thought it was a bug that you lose weight rapidly and die when riding the roller coaster, but after posting on the bunker it turns out it's working as intended

kerrhyphen
Jul 19, 2010

Disaster Ace

The Lone Badger posted:

tl;dr don't use a rifle against someone in melee with you

Tin Tim posted:

I think you can by just pressing F as your fire-mode which will fire without aiming. It's wildly inacurrate of course and I think you need a bit of skill to have it hit basic sized targets

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear, I get the firing system with the "aim modes" and stability (at least I think I get it most of the time, and at longer ranges), I was more frustrated by how it seemed as though I could usually do a quick, unaimed/unstabilized three shot burst into a zombie that's standing next to me without it getting a chance to do much, and then in what I thought were the same circumstances, I will just stand there contemplating the meaning of life while it hits me over and over...

I've successfully waded through crowds of low level mobs with an armored up high skill character just firing in melee range no problem, but then rarely I'll get apparently knocked off balance for turn after turn and I have no idea why. Like, am I just getting extremely lucky most of the time that nothing is interrupting me? Or was I just extremely unlucky that one time and it cost me?

(Somewhat rhetorical questions, I've learned my lesson to be more careful, it just sucked to have something that seemed to work just fine fail so suddenly. And I've got a bayonet now.)

I guess the short version of my general complaint is that I like randomness in my roguelikes, but it can be really tough to know if I'm getting screwed by random chance or by some hidden mechanic I don't quite get. A line of text in the log or something could go a long way to demystifying some of the really complex systems.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

That Guy Bob posted:

Sorry but only roller coaster operators can realistically operate roller coasters and roller coaster rides.
Please never show the devs a forklift certified meme

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Please show them Staphlerfahrer Klaus though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
A friend recently said to me, and I find myself agreeing, that CDDA's real success comes from its breadth, not depth. Nobody plays it for the in-depth digestion system, or vitamin tracking, or how certain foods turn mushy after you thaw them, or you get exhausted from doing too much daily exercise. All the really intricate systems don't tend to add much to the actual game, and even relevant stuff that is deeply calculated (vehicles, firearms) tend to be reduced to very simple mechanics. Guns have a lot of different stats but you use them all more or less the same, and they tend to take very similar amounts of time to line up and fire, and damage is mostly based on ammunition to begin with, so it feels like a lot of that fidelity amounts to little. Vehicles could also be simplified a lot without losing anything, just boil them down to power source and what the "important" part of each tile is, maybe an optional reinforcement, and you'd lose very little.

So if all these complicated systems that the devs think are the most important don't matter much, why do I keep playing? The crafting system with all its substitutions and flexibility is a very solid one, the concepts (if not always the balance and execution) of bionics and mutations are great, and maybe more than anything, the ridiculous variety of items and locations and even enemy types breathes life into the game. So does being able to open a kitchen junk drawer and find realistic contents, or visiting towns that have music venues, strip clubs, candy shops, and bowling alleys on top of more typical locations. The sheer amount of content, along with a pretty good world generation system, does a lot of the lifting in making this game fun, and that strikes me, at least personally, more than the overwrought fatigue system or anything else that goes really deep. I don't really know what to take from this realization, except I suppose that it explains why I like Bright Nights for easing off those systems and just embracing the diversity of the core game.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I don't quite understand why the big contributors and alpha nerds who took control of development want to spend their time creating, coding, and meticulously balancing the absolute most boring aspects of the game.

I'm not a game developer but if I were I would probably be interested in doing fun stuff like making new entity tags, a non-vehicle electricity system, better enemy behaviors, npc autonomy, a better quest system, multi-tile enemies, enemy vehicles, a more interactive combat system, whatever. Or you know, an end game.

Instead you have a whole herd of these people huddled around solemnly debating vitamin deficiencies, weight-gain, and splitting different sewing skills. Stuff that even if completely perfected adds nothing but tedium to the game. Like who in the world gets into developing a scifi apocalypse game but only wants to spend their time coding how a berry behaves when frozen?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Thankfully Bright Nights is working on some of those things, including a non-vehicle electric system. Right now it can only power stoves and run on solar panels, but the premise is there.

Anyway the solution is easy. Just give me 7 Days to Die, with Escape from Tarkov's looting and shooting mechanics, and CDDA's breadth of content and sci-fi apocalyptic melting pot, and I'll die happy.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I basically play this game like a post-apoc stardew valley

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Velvet Witch posted:

SMH this game can't let you be as evil as you can be in Stardew with the ability to turn your children into doves and make your ex forget you were ever married.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Velvet Witch posted:

I wish there was a little more to the survival content because I'd love to play this with monsters off as some kinda last man on earth simulator, but I can't imagine there'd be enough content to keep things interesting for very long.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I wish there was a little more to the survival content because I'd love to play this with monsters off as some kinda last man on earth simulator, but I can't imagine there'd be enough content to keep things interesting for very long.

You can grind to make yourself a nice riverside house with a farm and a dock to fish off of...and then re roll a new character because that’s boring as a video game.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Regarding the "parks with 80 zombie kids in it" thing. Turns out that was a mistake in the json that nobody bothered to fix until I fixed it the other day.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Inglonias posted:

Regarding the "parks with 80 zombie kids in it" thing. Turns out that was a mistake in the json that nobody bothered to fix until I fixed it the other day.
First of all, thank you. The edges of cities tend to be a lot safer, but it's also where all the parks are and those are the best way to get swarmed early on, short of the houses with dogs and dead mailmen.
What exactly was the problem? Misplaced decimal point?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Did people have issues with those? I'd run in, light the bench closest to the door on fire, close the door, and wait until they were all cooked.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How do you run in and light the bench on fire without getting mobbed? At that point you're in with them.
Also, there are non-gated variants of the park. And with those that are gated, the occasional tough zombie inside can often tear the fence down.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Molotovs

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Vib Rib posted:

First of all, thank you. The edges of cities tend to be a lot safer, but it's also where all the parks are and those are the best way to get swarmed early on, short of the houses with dogs and dead mailmen.
What exactly was the problem? Misplaced decimal point?

This one is a little weird, but it's fun to talk about probability being weird. This was what one park looked like in the JSON:

Note the "monsters" line at the end. The first entry specified that the GROUP_PARK_PLAYGROUND should spawn on any tile specified with a dot with a "chance" of 50. That park has 180 dot tiles. So 90 zombies? Not quite. "Chance" in this case means 1 / X and not X / 100. There's actually a 2% chance per tile. I dunno why they did that. That seems ok, I guess. Well, hold your horses, because here's where it gets stupid.

The definition for that monster group looks like this:

This is from the PR that fixed the issue. Notice the thing that's highlighted in red, indicating a change?

The most likely outcome from those dice saying "spawn" is a group of between 5 and 12 zombie children spawning. So there's a 2% chance for every dot on that tile to get at least five zombie children spawned on it. There are 180 dots on that map. Wolfram Alpha tells me the expected number of successes is 3.6. Round that up to 4. You're gonna get between 20 and 48 zombie children on that tile on the average day. And if you get five successes, you can get between 25 and 60. Every tile that used the playground monster group had this sort of issue. One of them had chances as high as 1 in 20 with 125 trials. There weren't going to be that many successes, but every success meant between five and twelve kids gunning for you, and there were a lot of dice rolls and a lot of parks. This high variance was the main issue.

The fix was to do two things. First, reduce that pack size. Now, every success means between 1 and 5 zombie kids. Second, cut the chances for monster spawns in half across the board.

Inglonias fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 3, 2021

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Is that why schools are always so insanely crowded?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

Schools don't pull from that monstergroup, so it wouldn't be affected by any of this.

Sidenote - schools actually use a different method of spawning monsters that doesn't do one dice roll per tile and where "chance" is actually a percentage. I have no idea why there's more than one way to do this. It's very confusing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This feels like exactly the sort of long-overlooked bug that fits CDDA perfectly. A bunch of parallel systems running, with no singular, standardized method of handling it, and sooner or later two alternate ways of achieving the same result bump into each other.
There's a similar thing a friend and I ran into while we were trying to make mods: the way item spawning is handled. We thought we could just manage item spawning through itemgroups and blacklists, but then we found out that in true CDDA fashion there were multiple ways of achieving the same goal, so while tons of things rely on item pools, every individual map location can have localized spawning rules too (as demonstrated above in the park example). So to be comprehensive about it, we would have had to edit every single location, which is a separate file, and the only way to update the mod would be to compare newly changed locations and re-apply our edits to that any time they get changed.
All this was because there's no built-in mod option to prevent a certain item from spawning, but not to also prevent it from existing at all.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

When I had to stop legacy batteries from spawning, I learned that they could spawn in lab finales and I couldn't fix it because the rewards for lab finales aren't even defined in json - its just in the C++ code, and it was too deep for me to get at it. Luckily, someone else fixed that issue for me.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

I've been thinking about playing a run with a big mobile base but I'm not really sure how to build it

Let's say we take this sweet boat as a blueprint for a landship. Where do you have to put the wheels? How many would you need and which should be steerable? Do you maybe need rollers? I assume two V12 engines should be enough to move quite a lot of mass so that's not an issue. There's obviously terrain and road restrictions in the game for large vehicles but I think most can be overcome in one way or another except for bridges whoch puts a hard cap on your width I guess

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I haven't actually messed with cars much, but if you don't plan to stay on the road, you'll need a lot of wheels

https://discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/does-it-make-sense-to-put-more-than-4-wheels-on-an-advanced-armored-car/21258/3

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
plan out your functions first, then plan out your structure surrounding it. taking a finished design is going about it the wrong way. a couple of questions for you:

1) what sort of external visibility profile do you need from your HQ? is full opaqueness required or is it ok to have a windshield?
2) how much life support do you need on the base? is a week enough, or do you require a season or more? how many people are being supported?
3) what sort of crafting requirements do you have? how many disciplines do you want to support, and how many tools do you need for those disciplines?
4) is it OK to use fossil fuel, or do you need full electric? what sort of uptime do you need?
5) do you have bionics that you expect your base to help power? or will you?
6) what are your sleeping requirements? is a comfortable place to sleep enough, or does your character require a comfortable place to sleep plus full darkness?

you will likely need a lot less space overall than you think, but it all depends on the answers to some of these questions.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I haven't actually messed with cars much, but if you don't plan to stay on the road, you'll need a lot of wheels

https://discourse.cataclysmdda.org/t/does-it-make-sense-to-put-more-than-4-wheels-on-an-advanced-armored-car/21258/3

You should make every single tile of your vehicles wheels because it also acts as a giant pulverizer when you run over zombies/wildlife so that they can't revive. Also cleans up all that junk on the ground.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Remember that your actual engine requirements are way lower than you would think. You don't need two V12 engines for anything you would want to build. A 40,000 rolling fort can be powered by a single V6 or an enhanced electric motor no problem. Your motor will eventually take some damage because of how strain is calculated, but since you probably have a vehicle welding rig it isn't an issue.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I've always found the way that melee combat damage works in this game to be fairly opaque and I never really know which weapon to choose so I've been doing a bunch of testing recently to try to get a better feel for how some things work. Most of what I figured out is probably already fairly well known but at least some aspects of it I thought were obscure enough (and not well communicated by the game) that it was worth repeating:

1. Block and dodge counter attacks are actively bad to have since they count as regular attacks (i.e. they consume time to use) and also won't proc if they would otherwise prevent you from taking an action. They almost never proc unless you're using a very fast weapon and when they're equivalent to just making a regular attack (except worse because they can't use an otherwise better technique). The only exception to this is Fior Di Battaglia's block counter since it has a built in 0% movement cost (which is probably not intentional and will get removed if Kevin notices)

2. Weapon weight is a major factor in how much stamina your attacks use to the point where I now consider it to be one of the most important weapon stats; strength does apparently reduce this but I have no idea how much. This makes fast, light weapons generally the best choice when you're not dealing with heavily armoured enemies. The UI really needs a "stamina per swing" element for weapons to make this more transparent. This makes some weapons a lot worse than they look.

3. Piercing damage becomes loving strong as you get to high levels of weapon skill, since piercing crits get a flat 10% damage boost per skill level and you start to crit a lot as your skill gets up there, also most enemies have lower piercing than cut armour. Bash damage is still effective even vs. things like kevlar hulks and skeletal juggernauts if you have enough strength, cut damage seems to eventually fall behind the other two but cut weapons are the easiest to get high damage from at lower skill levels against enemies with weak armour. Some code diving reveals that bashing weapons get 50% armour penetration on crits, piercing weapons get 33% and cut weapons get 5 + 25%, which again seems to make cut damage a weaker choice.

4. Even though most of the information I could find on how weapon and martial art techniques interact said that they essentially cancel each other out, this isn't true at all. If you use a weapon with a crit technique with a martial art which also has a crit technique then it will choose between one of the two instead of the martial art technique having preference. Also the sweep technique procs on non crits which makes it relatively easy to stunlock zombies with any fast sweeping weapon (such as a shillelagh)

The end result of all this is that some weapon martial arts are pretty bad since the counter moves aren't useful, always keep a combat knife and an expandable baton handy (between the two you can kill almost every enemy in the game and they're both common drops that don't take up much space, and swing really fast with minimal stamina consumption) and although reach weapons are still really good it's worth bearing in mind that a lot of them are heavy which means you can't make many attacks with them before getting into dangerous levels of stamina consumption. The steel spear and naginata are notable as being relatively light reach weapons which still have good damage output. Ninjutsu is probably the best weapon art since it lets you use a solid range of weapons of different types, although no reach weapons, and it has some strong generally useful buffs.

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 15, 2021

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Manager Hoyden posted:

I don't quite understand why the big contributors and alpha nerds who took control of development want to spend their time creating, coding, and meticulously balancing the absolute most boring aspects of the game.

I'm not a game developer but if I were I would probably be interested in doing fun stuff like making new entity tags, a non-vehicle electricity system, better enemy behaviors, npc autonomy, a better quest system, multi-tile enemies, enemy vehicles, a more interactive combat system, whatever. Or you know, an end game.

Instead you have a whole herd of these people huddled around solemnly debating vitamin deficiencies, weight-gain, and splitting different sewing skills. Stuff that even if completely perfected adds nothing but tedium to the game. Like who in the world gets into developing a scifi apocalypse game but only wants to spend their time coding how a berry behaves when frozen?

There's a term for this I've heard that describes it very well, "designer fun". It's systems that create interesting problems for developers to work on, but that players don't care about at all. You see it a lot of the time in the form of "some deep complex simulation that is 99% invisible to players". The problem with an open source project is that it all just boils down to people working on whatever they feel like working on so the only way you're ever really going to see any improvement into those player facing areas is if you do it yourself.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Coolguye posted:

plan out your functions first, then plan out your structure surrounding it. taking a finished design is going about it the wrong way. a couple of questions for you:

1) what sort of external visibility profile do you need from your HQ? is full opaqueness required or is it ok to have a windshield?
2) how much life support do you need on the base? is a week enough, or do you require a season or more? how many people are being supported?
3) what sort of crafting requirements do you have? how many disciplines do you want to support, and how many tools do you need for those disciplines?
4) is it OK to use fossil fuel, or do you need full electric? what sort of uptime do you need?
5) do you have bionics that you expect your base to help power? or will you?
6) what are your sleeping requirements? is a comfortable place to sleep enough, or does your character require a comfortable place to sleep plus full darkness?

you will likely need a lot less space overall than you think, but it all depends on the answers to some of these questions.
Normally yeah I would agree with your approach but in this case I don't actually care about being efficient and mostly want something cool looking. That's why I started with an established layout instead of making it from scratch

1) Mostly frontal cone vision should suffice. Like a windshield in front and a hatch/door with a vision slit on the left and right to the control seat. Not opposed to cameras for the back but it's probably not required
2) All the life support for a single person. Several watertanks, a freezer+fridge and a metric gently caress ton of storage for canned goods/MREs that I'll probably never get through before I die/get bored. We're going full hog on the storage space btw. Aside from food there will be piles of guns, ammo, clothes, and all kinds of items that should be neatly organized. I'm a huge pack-rat what can I say
3) Smithing, cooking, welding, and general crafting. I don't know if you can instal a workbench in a vehicle but it would be good. Tools will not be an issue since I know what I need to find and keep. I usually don't get into chems but I assume I'll find a solution if I want to make some explosives
4) Gas/diesel will do but I expect to need several large storage batteries supported by solar panels on the roof. You can usually get by quite easily if you charge the batteries before you instal them so uptime also isn't really a concern
5) Maybe? I mean there are several ways to fuel your bionics so I wouldn't say that it's vital to have your base be able to do that. More of like an emergency fallback when needed type of deal
6) My standard setup for cars is a reclining chair with an electric blanket(not powered)+pillow and a blindfold

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Thanks that's indeed good to know

Rynoto posted:

You should make every single tile of your vehicles wheels because it also acts as a giant pulverizer when you run over zombies/wildlife so that they can't revive. Also cleans up all that junk on the ground.
:sickos:

RabidWeasel posted:

I've always found the way that melee combat damage works in this game to be fairly opaque and I never really know which weapon to choose so I've been doing a bunch of testing recently to try to get a better feel for how some things work.
Thanks for the insight! Where does medieval swordfighting and the arming sword fall in your rating? I always picked that as my default because the arming sword seems to have very stable performance against any enemy that doesn't use heavy armor and quickly cuts through the chaff enemies once your skill gets up. Also you can easily carry it in a scabard for quick draw. Blocking&counter techniques seem to proc reasonably often for me but I can't say that I love them. In fights with larger groups of weak enemies they often fatigue me because a bunch of procs chain together

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 28, 2021

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

There is a vehicle workbench, I think you have to fabricate a specific workbench item to install it. My go-to vehicle was a 5x10 pickup truck. Cab is an enclosed 3x3 with a workbench forward of the seat, cargo carriers all around except for an autoclave and a freezer. I would store things I actually needed to grab up front. The bed was a 3x3 grid of cargo carriers that held crafting materials. I put a door between the cab and the bed so that I could access the crafting materials from the seat.

E: The front row was spiked rams for maximum zombie pulpage.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Tin Tim posted:

Thanks for the insight! Where does medieval swordfighting and the arming sword fall in your rating? I always picked that as my default because the arming sword seems to have very stable performance against any enemy that doesn't use heavy armor and quickly cuts through the chaff enemies once your skill gets up. Also you can easily carry it in a scabard for quick draw. Blocking&counter techniques seem to proc reasonably often for me but I can't say that I love them. In fights with larger groups of weak enemies they often fatigue me because a bunch of procs chain together

The arming sword is a fine cutting weapon though there are other options - the katana for example is almost entirely better (it's slightly faster and lighter, and has rapid strike). Swordsmanship is a bit janky because the block-activated special abilities "eat" manslayer procs, and mordhau / deathblow is arguably worse than getting a regular weapon crit depending on your exact setup. The strongest thing about medieval swordsmanship is that it gets two solid defensive buffs on top of a counter but the nerfs to counters makes that less meaningful than it used to be. With that said, a grab break is very nice to have, but you also get that from brawling.

Also in case anyone else cares; after looking into it I'm almost entirely sure that strength doesn't actually impact on how much stamina you use with melee attacks, it used to but it got removed a while ago. The only factors are melee and weapon skill which reduce it (very minor) and weapon weight which increases it (extreme)

RabidWeasel fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 28, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I have discovered the joys of mounted archery. I took the front storage basket off of my looting bike to allow me better firing angles for my crossbow and I've been tearing poo poo up. Any aiming penalties are basically nothing when you can just precise aim a zombie and reload bolts while moving. It's such a fun way to fight.

How good are melee weapons from a moving vehicle? I really like the idea of using a spear with those 2 tile reach attacks to mix things up. Would Sojutsu work on a bike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This is just a reminder that you can mount a .50 machinegun on a bicycle or wheelchair.