Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Wayne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

YouTube Red made good shows. I miss Impulse and Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes Of Television.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Wayne is great

I was reading a weed recipe that mentioned Broad City and it occurred to me how much I want more of that show some day

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
rick and morty owns

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

I finally watched the last couple seasons of American Gods and let me say having only seen the first the latter two are a tremendous waste of talent, money and time and everyone involved in decision making for scripts and in Starz management should be barred from ever working again.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvOAA1U0li8

On one hand, this looks absolutely nothing like Foundation. On the other hand, this looks like a show I really, really want to watch.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Escobarbarian posted:

rick and morty owns

It really reminded me of a first season episode, specifically M. Night Shamaliens with all the nonsense incepting. I like these kinds of epsiodes the most.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvOAA1U0li8

On one hand, this looks absolutely nothing like Foundation. On the other hand, this looks like a show I really, really want to watch.

To be fair, the early Foundation stories left a lot of stuff open since they tended to skip giant lengths of time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like that in the first season of R&M it felt super dark that Morty had buried an alternate universe version of himself in the garden and now we’ve completely lost track of what universe we’re even in and the family regularly murders their counterparts like it’s going out of fashion.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

To be fair, the early Foundation stories left a lot of stuff open since they tended to skip giant lengths of time.

Yeah, this looks like it's adapting the first chapter of the first book. Doubt they'll have the nerve to jump into an anthology format for the subsequent seasons, but I'd love to see it. It'd at least be an easier transition than most similar material since Seldon can appear via hologram.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, this looks like it's adapting the first chapter of the first book. Doubt they'll have the nerve to jump into an anthology format for the subsequent seasons, but I'd love to see it. It'd at least be an easier transition than most similar material since Seldon can appear via hologram.

It would be fun if they did that and then in season 3 or 4 they introduce the Mule and all of a sudden the Seldon hologram is completely wrong about everything that's happening.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That sounds great to me. Hopefully they don't get scared away for accessibility reasons.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

It would be fun if they did that and then in season 3 or 4 they introduce the Mule and all of a sudden the Seldon hologram is completely wrong about everything that's happening.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't adapt the later stuff with the Mule, since that was what, several books worth? With Trevize, Bliss and Toran and Bayta and their collective adventures... Honestly that's the stuff that I remember most.

I didn't read the prequels to Foundation... does this show cover any of that? Seems like if Seldon himself is the focus, they'd adapt the prequels.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Its labeled as a spin off but still stars Titus Welliver so...?

Is there a list of spin-offs like this, that still feature the lead? First one that comes to mind is Archie Bunker's Place. It's a really weird sub-type of spin-off.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Newhart

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

CornHolio posted:

I didn't read the prequels to Foundation... does this show cover any of that? Seems like if Seldon himself is the focus, they'd adapt the prequels.

Eto Demerzel is going to be a character in the show, so they're bringing in at least a bit of the prequels.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Jared Harris is the GOAT.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
John Lithgow is going to be in the Dexter revival

quote:

Details are scant, but scribes on the Clyde Phillips-showrun 10-episode limited series have concocted a pathway for the Trinity Killer to come back that works within the larger Dexter narrative, I’m told. To that end, Lithgow is expected to only film for about a day or so on the L.A.-set production. It is likely that his on-camera work will occur in the next week or so.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Head Trinity?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Probably one of the people Dexter's sees before he's fried in the electric chair.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:lol: this is going to be a trainwreck isn't it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MiddleOne posted:

:lol: this is going to be a trainwreck isn't it.

It's Dexter, was there any doubt?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I mean it definitely sounds like he's going to be a flashback or hallucination

Not that it won't be a train wreck anyway

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"Remember the character from the only consistently good season of our eight season show?! Well they're back!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Don't forget that Season 5 had rowboat cop and ol PI tricks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're making a second season of Good Omens? Buh???

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Fine with me. I would watch those two read the phone book together.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

bull3964 posted:

Fine with me. I would watch those two read the phone book together.

The first season covers the entire novel, is the issue

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, no new content can be written ever?

Apparently Neil and Terry had kicked around sequel ideas for years.

quote:

"It's 31 years since Good Omens was published, which means it's 32 years since Terry Pratchett and I lay in our respective beds in a Seattle hotel room at a World Fantasy Convention, and plotted the sequel," Gaiman explained in a statement. "I got to use bits of the sequel in Good Omens - that's where our angels came from. Terry's not here any longer, but when he was, we had talked about what we wanted to do with Good Omens, and where the story went next. And now, thanks to BBC Studios and Amazon, I get to take it there. I have enlisted some wonderful collaborators, and John Finnemore has come on board to carry the torch with me. There are so many questions people have asked about what happened next (and also, what happened before) to our favourite Angel and Demon."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If it's with Gaiman's involvement then to me, whatever. My first thought at the news was it had to be against (their) wishes, but as much as I love Terry Pratchett, I won't claim to know his wishes better than the guy who wrote the book with him.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That first season was very charming, I'd be okay with more

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm just going to my Kevin Can gently caress Himself prediction here: Allison succeeds at killing Kevin but next season she's been recast into another marriage with a new schlubby dude also named Kevin.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

bull3964 posted:

So, no new content can be written ever?

Apparently Neil and Terry had kicked around sequel ideas for years.

No, of course it can, it might even be good. Just a weird decision.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm just going to my Kevin Can gently caress Himself prediction here: Allison succeeds at killing Kevin but next season she's been recast into another marriage with a new schlubby dude also named Kevin.

As far as I understand it though, she's not literally in a sitcom.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/wbpictures/status/1409904491504324611

Welp they made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuWHYJF8Il8

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Honestly shocked it took this long.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Up until now the whole line about the movie is that it’s mainly about Dickie Moltisanti and the Newark riots so it’s really disheartening to see it focus so much on young Tony. Apparently there were reshoots around the same time it was originally meant to release, I wonder if Warner Bros were like “WE NEED MORE TONY PUT SOME TONY IN THERE”

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
"Legends aren't born. They're made." is not a good tagline for anything, but feels especially weird here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A gangster will rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nichael posted:

"Remember the character from the only consistently good season of our eight season show?! Well they're back!"

I had to refresh my memory and his whole character sounds goofy as hell in a wiki summary. The whole "trinity sycle" feels like they made an MMO raidboss and worked backwards to write hamfisted lore for its various attacks. He also operates unlike any serial killer and feels wholesale made up for Dexter to level up against.