Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
We've peaked

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1409832372518989826?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

just wait’ll the nightmak hears about this

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lmao it doesn't say who it's mining for. Bunch of techno nerds going to realize once they buy the trike that they aren't getting the crypto

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

looking forward to the crypto miner pacemaker personally

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Well I already wanted an electric vehicle so I could save the environment, but now I can also get one that mines crypto for somebody? Sign me up.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
can't wait to have my car's speed remotely capped at 35 mph while i'm on the highway because the value of GooGaCoin happens to be peaking

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I'm impressed we managed to have an unreadably awful few pages during a weekday. I guess number must be boring atm, normally that poo poo is reserved for MARKETS CLOSED CREW

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm impressed we managed to have an unreadably awful few pages during a weekday. I guess number must be boring atm, normally that poo poo is reserved for MARKETS CLOSED CREW

We could talk about the coming oil crisis, housing new builds will stay nonexistent due to steel and concrete pricing still skyrocketing even with Lumber falling, or the famine that seems brewing.

Talking about aggrieved computer touchers and the house they wish to buy is great content.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1409867037082595339

2 minutes since market open, and guess who just hit all-time-highs?

NUMBER!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i really love the idea of destroying your electric car's battery and it not starting in the morning because it was mining bitcoin all night

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
gone from Uber for ____ to crypto in everything

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Another notable "rocket docket" court involved Lee County, Florida (Fort Myers), home of numerous foreclosure proceedings due to the collapse of the Florida housing market as a result of the financial crisis of 2007–2008, part of the 2010 United States foreclosure crisis. On some days, the court heard up to 1,000 cases per day; assuming an 8-hour day, this equates to less than 30 seconds per case. The entire case frequently consists of two questions: whether the homeowner is behind on payments, and whether they are still in the house. If yes, the judge allows the homeowner 60 days to come to an agreement with the bank for payments or lose the house.[7]

ive personally done 100 foreclosure cases in a morning and know people who talked about the 'good old days' when they could bang out 3-400 in an hour. evictions calls were almost always 100+ each morning in each of the 5 rooms.

but like i said, average timelines matter.

without having to get too into the weeds on it, there was a judge like the one mentioned there in cook county. he would have every homeowner walk up to the front of the room and say "ok, there's 4 ways to win this case [lists them]. I'm assuming none of these apply to you. This means that this case, which started over a month ago, will take at least 11 more months and you'll have a few more trips to see me, and I'll be the one who tells you when you finally need to move out."

he had by far and away the fastest uncontested call and fastest contested call. and that was at least a year in the house

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

he had by far and away the fastest uncontested call and fastest contested call. and that was at least a year in the house

English please.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lobster shirt posted:

i really love the idea of destroying your electric car's battery and it not starting in the morning because it was mining bitcoin all night

My car's solid state memory bricking itself even faster because it's mining chia.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

The TrueAnon series on Musk is really good. I'm not a fan of everything they do, but they laid out really well the Tesla shell game. At the end, Liz said that Tesla's fall was a matter of when, not if. What if it's not and TBTF is a new paradigm for the next stage of capitalism. A sort of techno-feudalism where there's a founder class that can only fail upward, but the peasants are also invested in their success because failure of the founders' shell game companies would mean the loss of the peasants' jobs and savings. One class can afford to lose a fortune, and the other can't afford to lose even the crumbs they have, so the founders don't even have to defend this system, the peasants will do it for them. If the bubble looks like it'll pop, no worries, the workers will immiserate themselves further to keep it going.

As long as the US government continues to have the will and means to print infinite dollars consequence-free to bailout any market whoopsies, everything is TBTF including Tesla.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Kinda surprised the thread is siding with the poster that can't discern the difference between a job being automated away and a boss making you work two jobs.

the business itself and its organizational structure is a tool. the upper management class sees it as one and the construction of the system as their role.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Good morning number did you sleep ok?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bar Ran Dun posted:

the business itself and its organizational structure is a tool. the upper management class sees it as one and the construction of the system as their role.

Okay Ben.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
They're just like you and me folks

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cpt_Obvious posted:

English please.

oh poo poo. this is why i shouldnt get into the arcane bullshit lawyers love

Each major county during the foreclosure crisis would have at least one dedicated judge to those cases, if not more. I believe Cook county had 8-10, and its surroundings 3 or so. For the sake of keeping things moving so attorneys weren't sitting around forever, each judge would have a morning and afternoon 'call.' The standard here would be something like a 9:30am start and a 1:00pm start.

All cases would go to the 'uncontested' call first, where no defendants had filed an appearance or done anything else, because hey, brand new case. What would normally happen is a bunch of defense attorneys would stand up, say hi to the judge, and have some orders entered switching the scheduling over to the other time slot. Individuals without attorneys would do the same ,but get some help from the court to figure out what was going on, and then they'd also go to the same 'contested' call. The contested call would often have a day each week where people were expected to get up and make brief arguments, and sometimes even have real arguments.

For whatever reasons, some counties would have fewer than 20% of cases any defendants appear, and some counties have over 50%.
But what this actually meant in practice was the judge would start the call of 100 cases, and look around and see 20 defendants/lawyers. She'd have each of them come up, handle their case. Now it's nothing but bank attorneys. And boom, time to move through the 80 remaining cases on the docket. Some judges would look through every single number and check that everything matched, so you learned to highlight those documents and have them ready to go in order so things would be sped up.
Other judges would say 'what do you want? No one is contesting, I'll enter whatever order you're looking for'

The whole point of this is that the judge who told defendants they couldn't win essentially discouraged them from hiring attorneys, leading to him having to do less work overall. This meant that his next free dates to hear an argument were quite quick. But even with that, the minimum time to clear a case out was a year.
Other judges who encouraged defendants to hire attorneys and encouraged arguments? 6-8 months to schedule the next hearing. And any smart defendant would just file a motion to reconsider each time they lost, which would get them ... another 6-8 months. So they probably averaged 3 years a case (1 year for people not showing up, 5 years for people who did).

This is why you can't take much from journalists saying wow this court room went through a thousand cases in one day!!! Because chances are, that day was set up to hear cases where no one was defending the case and everyone was just stamping things as fast as they could.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Chakan posted:

The woman who wrote about real estate in Miami two years ago has written a new piece on her substack.

https://twitter.com/sarahlovescali/status/1409560610132545539

She should start posting in the climate thread

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Outflows from tech based funds are increasing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nothus posted:

She should start posting in the climate thread

she get banned considering where the final link in her essay goes

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Might only eat a probation if it's in CSPAM since she's ultimately not totally wrong.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mastershakeman posted:

she get banned considering where the final link in her essay goes

the slow radicalization of people in the mainstream or mainstream adjacent has been interesting

it's not many yet, but you can hear the crack pings every now and then

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Home prices are officially climbing at the highest rate ever.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Our place went from ~$290 two years ago to ~$360 now. Wtf.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I enjoyed this headline. I won’t be reading further.

Supreme Court Rules New Jersey Can’t Block Natural-Gas Pipeline
The Supreme Court ruled the pipeline developer could invoke the power of the federal government to take state property needed for the project.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-court-rules-new-jersey-cant-block-natural-gas-pipeline-11624977295

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Home prices are officially climbing at the highest rate ever.

All time highs!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Centrist Committee posted:

The Supreme Court ruled the pipeline developer could invoke the power of the federal government to take state property needed for the project.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-court-rules-new-jersey-cant-block-natural-gas-pipeline-11624977295

Thank God we voted!

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

UnknownTarget posted:

Our place went from ~$290 two years ago to ~$360 now. Wtf.

living the American dream

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Centrist Committee posted:

lol

lmao

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

silicone thrills posted:

The key is to automate your job as much as possible and then never tell anyone you did it both giving yourself more free time and not allowing management to pile any more work on you (or to fire you if they figure out they can do with out you)

also lmao I can't not think about this scene through this whole comical argument happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkFAcFtBD48

Also don't comment your arcane Excel VBA macros so only you know how to use the automation.

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea
https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1409730262682935335

Turns out they're all poo poo, I for one did not see this one coming.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Work is switching to adp and wants us to download the adp app to our phones to better serve us and monitor us. Lmao

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

if a job wants any kind of work-related software on your phone, they can issue you a work phone and pay for it themselves

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

De-paywalled version of underlying article: https://archive.is/3GtSv

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There will be no crash only NUMBER

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Mr Hootington posted:

Work is switching to adp and wants us to download the adp app to our phones to better serve us and monitor us. Lmao

lol the cheapest adp sucks too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

The_Franz posted:

if a job wants any kind of work-related software on your phone, they can issue you a work phone and pay for it themselves

says the increasingly nervous office worker...