Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Mraagvpeine posted:

What I don't get is how merging together creates gold. I thought it was a moniker for the ultimate, final form, but it turns out it's also literal?

Well the human body does actually contain trace elements of gold, maybe he just merged all the gold into one body

Doing the math 5000 humans = 1 gram of gold, so 5 million per kilogram of gold, so he only needs to use like a 100m bodies up to get enough gold to coat himself, billion tops if he has less than a normal person per body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Mraagvpeine posted:

What I don't get is how merging together creates gold. I thought it was a moniker for the ultimate, final form, but it turns out it's also literal?

garou became a monster by fusing with his bloody bandages

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Want realism? Just wait til you hear about the guy that ate too much crab!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Man its been years since i looked at this thread, like 30 chapters of webcomic to read! Plus i dont remember how MA arc went down at all anymore. I’m just waiting for the hyper wave displacement cannon in Murata version, and man it better be a whole rear end chapter and get sold super well, like metal knight flying in level following King’s beam attack as it blows away garou and only on the last page does it show it’s all in his head

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

As long as Murata makes the fight from King's arrival to Saitama's decision to let Garou go essentially unchanged, I'll be happy. Just let all the character beats from that part happen without interference, because in my mind that whole section is perfect.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Im super hype for the parts of Garou vs Saitama that looked hype even in the ONE version, now that we’re within sight of it. Jesus, imagine how sick Serious Tabletop Flip is gonna look.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Im super hype for the parts of Garou vs Saitama that looked hype even in the ONE version, now that we’re within sight of it. Jesus, imagine how sick Serious Tabletop Flip is gonna look.

Same, this stuff is gonna look great once it gets finished in 2025

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

mabels big day posted:

As long as Murata makes the fight from King's arrival to Saitama's decision to let Garou go essentially unchanged, I'll be happy. Just let all the character beats from that part happen without interference, because in my mind that whole section is perfect.

I think I'm more hyped for King's arrival than even the Saitama/Garou fight. I expect it to be very different, but so far the Manga seems to be doing a decent job of maintaining narrative roadmarks, even if all the circumstances are new.

Like, for example, I was also hyped for Bang vs the cadres. I think the manga version ended up being more satisfying: Bang completely dominating Gums and Fuhrer Ugly, and still being around to go all out on Garou. I think that feels better than Bang killing the two cadres and then immediately being taken out.

I want to think that the manga is ONE's second attempt at the story, and he is looking at ways to tweak and extend the plotlines in a way that is more fun, now that he has an artist who can do all the visual legwork.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought it was that as well. Like Golden Frieza or any time some cultivator discovers the power of Buddha.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bucswabe posted:

I think I'm more hyped for King's arrival than even the Saitama/Garou fight. I expect it to be very different, but so far the Manga seems to be doing a decent job of maintaining narrative roadmarks, even if all the circumstances are new.

Like, for example, I was also hyped for Bang vs the cadres. I think the manga version ended up being more satisfying: Bang completely dominating Gums and Fuhrer Ugly, and still being around to go all out on Garou. I think that feels better than Bang killing the two cadres and then immediately being taken out.

I want to think that the manga is ONE's second attempt at the story, and he is looking at ways to tweak and extend the plotlines in a way that is more fun, now that he has an artist who can do all the visual legwork.

True but bang saying time out was funnier

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

True but bang saying time out was funnier

Agreed!

Though: "oh dear, your face is caved in"

"It's always been like this you lovely geezer!"

Is a good consolation prize!

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I feel like at this point the Murata version has been so climactic for so long that's it's made me kind of numb. Is it just me?

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I get what you mean, Murata's adaptation has kind of worn me down. There's been a lot of fighting for a while but very little actual stuff happening outside of that. Compare that with the webcomic which, while it doesn't update often, has the plot move forward in a meaningful way much more consistently.

Edit: That's not to say that I don't enjoy big dumb fights, it's just we've been getting a lot of that for a long time now.

Zinkraptor fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 28, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I get that, too, but I feel like I'll be extremely amazed and satisfied once we get to King's beam.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's like there's a fireworks tunnel that you have to take to get to the fireworks factory, and it's admittedly a pretty badass fireworks tunnel but man you seriously need to see that factory by now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll probably enjoy it well enough when i go back and re-read the entire monster society arc. reading it as it comes out isn't doing much for me, though.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
The problem isn't that it's taking too long to get to the cool part, it's that it keeps trying to one-up itself way past the point where it feels exciting.

It doesn't need to reach a climax, it needs to catch it's breath.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

He turned super saiyan smegma

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the pacing would probably be fine if Murata stopped redrawing things

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It is absolutely essential we end up with the Saitama vs Garou 1v1, and a perfect recreation of the "it's a hobby" scene with the rest of the S-class knocked out/on the brink of death around them

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

:confused: There's been like 1 redraw since phoenix man. And the webcomic does the constant one upping of itself too, it's just shorter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brandfarlig posted:

:confused: There's been like 1 redraw since phoenix man. And the webcomic does the constant one upping of itself too, it's just shorter.

Oh ye of little spreadsheet. He also changed Mizuki's shorts into an olympic speedo and illustrated Mad Dog Cerberus' transformation.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
edit wrong thread

edit 2 wait right thread confusing!

I hope we get the scene where everyone is fighting around Saitama and he is trying to fight but no one is listening to him

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Jerkface posted:

edit wrong thread

edit 2 wait right thread confusing!

I hope we get the scene where everyone is fighting around Saitama and he is trying to fight but no one is listening to him

I love this gag, but I felt like this part dragged in the Webcomic. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to think that Flashy Flash and Darkshine might be a match for Garou, and I would honestly prefer not to waste time on it.

Also, on the topic of how Golden Sperm became gold, I'm very torn about whether to think this was always going to be his ultimate form, or if in the manga version he specifically chose to be gold as a counter to VFU. If it's the latter, it may suggest that there could be another form (sort of giving me vibes of Phoenix Man in the redraw)

Bucswabe fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 28, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh nonono. We are absolutely wasting four to eight months on the fakeouts. Six pages dedicated to the cape moving in the wind only reveal Flashy Flash.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

Oh nonono. We are absolutely wasting four to eight months on the fakeouts. Six pages dedicated to the cape moving in the wind only reveal Flashy Flash.

We better, it was a great gag, plus Saitamas dumb head popping up in the way when flash and darkshine were doing their special attack was gold

Also we need that because it reinforces that at the end of the day, no matter how cocky and arrogant they are, they ARE still heroes, and aren't about to let a b-class get killed in front of them. Although this point is probably lost in the murata version, where multiple a classes and b classes have died lol

Edit:
I wonder how the table flip is going to turn out. It'll be hard to top the spectacle of the jet fight and the murata only monster king guy, but that move definitely needs to top it

Terror Sweat fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 29, 2021

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Terror Sweat posted:

. Although this point is probably lost in the murata version, where multiple a classes and b classes have died lol

When the gently caress did that happen? No hero has died yet.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

When the gently caress did that happen? No hero has died yet.

Didn't a guy just get his face melted by acid. And the robot suits all died but then I guess that was retconned away in redraws

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terror Sweat posted:

Didn't a guy just get his face melted by acid. And the robot suits all died but then I guess that was retconned away in redraws

As stated before, none of them are heroes and therefore are expendable.

Swordsmen and mercenaries.

The swordsmen heroes (Atomic Samurai and his pupils, mustache'd dude) are still alive.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Sweet Mask was ripped apart but he might still walk it off.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

bees x1000 posted:

Sweet Mask was ripped apart but he might still walk it off.

Whatever happened to that guy? I think Saitama just grabbed him and ran off somewhere.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Parrotine posted:

Whatever happened to that guy? I think Saitama just grabbed him and ran off somewhere.

Sounds like you are confusing Sweet Mask with Flashy Flash.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is the One thread, the poster is talking about the Sweet Mask arc's conclusion.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Well they quoted a part that just happened a few chapters ago, so I think you can figure out my confusion. I don't follow every manga I read super closely so the whole 2 different threads/versions or whatever the gently caress is going on wasnt something I was familiar with.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Parrotine posted:

He'll be back

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Thank goodness, I was worried!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So how about an actual webcomic update?
http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/fc2-imageviewer/?aid=1&iid=143

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Same, CE, same.