Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
The whole reason Wout hasn't already shipped a minute bringing back roglic is because they believe he can grab yellow today.
Kelderman outsider for the yellow today, has an excellent TT and is not far behind Wout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Rojkir posted:

The whole reason Wout hasn't already shipped a minute bringing back roglic is because they believe he can grab yellow today.

Was he in the JV group that pulled Roglic from the crash? I don't remember seeing his number there but wasn't sure if I'd missed it.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/1410052664067444741

I hope he does well, just because it's cool to see someone use the power of the jersey to do something extraordinary.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:sexarse:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Should have gone full mummy wraps imo.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Outside bet for Kung or Bissegger to win today

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
Bisegger also crashed in the 3rd stage. I have Kung predicted for today.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think it's dartboard time tbh. So many people have been on the floor, some of them multiple times, the GC gaps are absurd for this early in the tour and they all seem to be jittery as hell.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/1410052664067444741

I hope he does well, just because it's cool to see someone use the power of the jersey to do something extraordinary.

I feel like when Shimano agreed to this they probably did it on the assumption that the team wouldn't turn replacing their gear into a publicised news story.

Also is Wurf just selling Ineos team gear? lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Atta boy Sepp

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

peanut- posted:

I feel like when Shimano agreed to this they probably did it on the assumption that the team wouldn't turn replacing their gear into a publicised news story.

Also is Wurf just selling Ineos team gear? lol

Those wheels are super hard to find so it’s probably Wurf’s personal set but I’m sure he loves getting named dropped helping a competing team

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Those wheels are super hard to find so it’s probably Wurf’s personal set but I’m sure he loves getting named dropped helping a competing team

I guess they must be disc if he's selling them but lmao if Van Der Poel switches to rim brake for the TT on a stolen pair of Ineos wheels.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love everything about that story. Some mate of the wheel manufacturer and a MvDP fan just drove them 900km so he could have them overnight. Imagine getting that call. 'Hey could you drive 1800km round trip for me? Oh its to give some wheels to the yellow jersey holder.'

Its utterly absurd and hes not going to go as badly as everyone thinks.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You think you’d want to hold this story until after the TT in case MvdP ships a bunch of time

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
For the journo, you want the sensationalism up front. If he does poorly and makes the wheel look bad, so be it.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Bit wet like.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bissegger what a save, phwoar

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Good effort for Cort so far. Legendary mustache.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I looked up wurf and it seems a bit weird Ineos signed a 37 year old triathlete who hasn't had a significant result since 2015

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Apparently they were "sourced by the manufacturer on short notice" which turns out to have been asking Wurf if they can have them back without saying what for, amazing

quote:

"The simplest solution to the problem seemed to me to borrow a couple from Ineos, but of course they are not so keen on that if they have invested a lot of money in it. An additional complication is that these time trial wheels are not yet available on the Dutch market.

“Finally, I found some unused wheels at Cameron Wurf, an Ineos rider who lives in Andorra."

According to a source from Ineos Grenadiers, Wurf handed his wheels back unaware of the situation.

Vando fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 30, 2021

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Is MvdP going on the old, rim, speedmax then?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vando posted:

Apparently they were "sourced by the manufacturer on short notice" which turns out to have been asking Wurf if they can have them back without saying what for, amazing

That's hilarious

Kung 10 seconds up at the first time check

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

https://www.rtl.fr/actu/justice-faits-divers/chute-dans-le-tour-de-france-la-spectatrice-responsable-placee-en-garde-a-vue-7900050886

Appears they got her.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Super slow motion of Kung's snot and spit dribbling off his face, thanks tv director

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pretty good TT for Powless

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Kung just destroyed that time, holy moly

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Roglic has got that helmet on again, hope it fits this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
loved this guy since the 2019 Worlds, hell yea

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

MvdP on the new Aeroad and what looks like an Aerocoach front wheel after all that business about princeton carbonworks. Also got some Aerocoach ascalon extensions.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Ok sure Pogacar.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pog is very good at timetrials. Very good.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Are there any rules about how much the TT bar can cover your arms?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Are there any rules about how much the TT bar can cover your arms?

There's a maximum cross section, which is pretty similar.

In addition, all extension and elbow rest assemblies must conform to the following :
- Elbow rests must be made up of two parts (one part for each arm) and are only allowed if
extensions are added ;
- The maximum width of each elbow rest is 12.5cm ;
- The maximum length of each elbow rest is 12.5cm ;
- The maximum inclination of each elbow rest (measured on the support surface of the arm)
is 15 degrees ;
- The maximum dimension of the cross section of each extension is 4cm.
- The height difference between the elbow support point (midpoint of the elbow rest) and the
highest or lowest point of the extension (including accessory) must be less than 10cm.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao just annihilated that time

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol, jesus. that's like a Ganna-level time.

/edit: Kung looked so sad :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
18 seconds.

Veeery good at TT. On all terrain apparently.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Julian and Wout going to lose a lot of time

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Classic Wilco

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're gonna have to try and kill him in the mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:rip: Carapaz