Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Section Z posted:

Don't worry, wooden walls (and spikes) seem to self destruct after a certain amount of time. Boy is that always a rude surprise for the defenders :v:

"Only 30 seconds left guys, they won't be freeing the prisoner for the 'kill the shirtless warrior' sequence today-Why did everyone's walls just explode in sequence?"

I think its only when the player who placed it changes classes, then they despawn instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Hello? Anyone in there?

Buschmaki posted:

If I'm duke or heir I just sit on the throne and demand that my team defend me
Last time I tried that my team was faffing around on the balconies anyways even though I got over half the blue team on my rear end. :mad:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

If you find a chicken, hold it over a brazer (the map ones work, too). Once chicken is on fire, jab people and they will be on fire. Do not throw chicken, that's just rude.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Captain Beans posted:

I think its only when the player who placed it changes classes, then they despawn instantly.
Nah it is both (or building new stuff).

I've seen it happen when I've been on a long stretch of staying alive as an engineer, or anybody with wood spikes. Eventually they seem to just spontaneously combust while I'm just standing there with nobody around to be smashing them. Extra rude with the spikes because those have balsa wood HP compared to mordhau and you can't reload them. So wood spikes lasting for any length of time including not having teammates deliberately break them when they are pointed at an enemy ladder or ramp exit is a miracle in the first place.

As hilarious as it would be if the game was getting confused and destroying them when someone else changes classes or builds new things, I'm betting some kind of time limit.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 29, 2021

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

patch notes are out https://chivalry2.com/2021/06/28/upcoming-chivalry-2-update-patch-2-0-1/

1vX from parries and counters are getting a huge buff, one handed spear is being outright disabled for being broken lol

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does the shield-banging with the warcry button only happen in certain views or with certain classes? I tried with the MAA and skirmisher and couldn't make it work, both first-person.

E: vvvv well that explains that.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 29, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ravenfood posted:

Does the shield-banging with the warcry button only happen in certain views or with certain classes? I tried with the MAA and skirmisher and couldn't make it work, both first-person.

Never actually tried in first person, but you do have to be standing still when you press the battle cry key

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Jimbot posted:

The Dane axe is super fun to use and to throw. Want a rail gun? Throw your dane axe. It's probably my favorite weapon.

:lol: this is both effective and hilarious, people don't expect it so it's very easy to aim when they're charging straight at you, if they're already injured then you have a good chance of killing them outright.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Aaaahahaghggghhggghhaaaaggaaahh!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

beggar posted:

"Yall are playing minecraft" lmao

I love watching people determine what games I'm playing incorrectly

I mostly play FFA unless I'm w friends and while ffa is vastly more chill than tdm/ to as far as the chat, there's a lot of ppl that think they're on a duel server

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

have you seen my baby posted:

patch notes are out https://chivalry2.com/2021/06/28/upcoming-chivalry-2-update-patch-2-0-1/

1vX from parries and counters are getting a huge buff, one handed spear is being outright disabled for being broken lol

im so butthurt about my one handed spear being removed

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Yeah but they fixed the weird movement jitter so you will net positive kdr from this imo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Recently I've seen so much smaller teams on 40person games. Like, 3 v 2 in terms of real people vs bots. Am I just getting unlucky on a very small sample size or is it really that limited in terms of playerbase? Just now included, so not just daylight games.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Anecdotally I've seen the same. I find it hard to believe that the game is dead already. I assume there's some matchmaking/server issues at play. I'm on console, so there's no server browser at all though. On the plus side, the bot heavy games might get me up to the 50 kills in a match trophy cuz I suck against regular players

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

dog nougat posted:

Anecdotally I've seen the same. I find it hard to believe that the game is dead already. I assume there's some matchmaking/server issues at play. I'm on console, so there's no server browser at all though. On the plus side, the bot heavy games might get me up to the 50 kills in a match trophy cuz I suck against regular players
Glad its not me. On the other hand, probably should have let a game go on further than I did since I just got 41, which is definitely my peak.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sorry guys and gals, I've been busy lately. I'll hop on again soon.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

bees everywhere posted:

:lol: this is both effective and hilarious, people don't expect it so it's very easy to aim when they're charging straight at you, if they're already injured then you have a good chance of killing them outright.

Case in point:

https://i.imgur.com/vk49845.mp4

The guy actually piped up in chat like "What the gently caress was that"

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I haven't unlocked it yet, so can someone tell me why the dane axe specifically is so good for throwing? Does it just do a lot of damage? Does it fly straighter/faster/etc than other things?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jabarto posted:

I haven't unlocked it yet, so can someone tell me why the dane axe specifically is so good for throwing? Does it just do a lot of damage? Does it fly straighter/faster/etc than other things?
Yes it does a ton of damage. Yes it seems to be a reliable arc and even if you don't land a headshot it is good damage. Also Vanguard can throw and auto-switch to another primary (which can be ANOTHER dane axe!) about as fast as a dedicated throwing weapon.

For example. If you throw a javelin at a vanguard's chest, it barely edges into exaggeration to say they can throw two dane axes in retaliation while you are still locked in your defenseless T pose cooldown for throwing a javelin. But those seem to have a notably long vulnerability window compared to throwing axes, knives, and mallets anyways.

Which goes from pathetic to incredibly hilarious if I'M the one throwing dane axes at skirmishers.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 30, 2021

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
It is definitely easier to hit with than javelins and you switch to a weapon faster than a skirmisher pulls out another javelin. It's pretty silly. And great.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

And then you pick up their weapon and throw it at somebody else. Raider is great

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Double Dane Ax is my go to if i'm on a hot streak with Knight and need to chop even faster

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
They leave in double Dane axe destroyers but take away my one handed spear smh this earth is cruel

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
For a "disabled weapon" there sure are a lot of knights running around with shield and spear

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It’s not disabled if the patch hasn’t hit yet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

efb

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s not disabled if the patch hasn’t hit yet.

I am in fact a dumbass and completely forgot the patch is still upcoming.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Oh. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still available last night. I am so much better with spears that it's not even funny. They have completely broken my ability to use any other weapon. Even the two-hander is strong. Guess I'm going back to TKing people with medic packs.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

Oh. I was pleasantly surprised to see it was still available last night. I am so much better with spears that it's not even funny. They have completely broken my ability to use any other weapon. Even the two-hander is strong. Guess I'm going back to TKing people with medic packs.

Just stab people with another stabby weapon like the long/short/sword. They're easier to use when fighting off groups too imo since the swings don't stop on hit

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

More bad news

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Phobeste posted:

More bad news

Are they taking away my ability to TK people with medic packs?!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Are they taking away my ability to TK people with medic packs?!

Sadly, yes :(

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I've never played any of these types of games - should I just buy Chivalry 2 if I want to give one a whirl?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

I've never played any of these types of games - should I just buy Chivalry 2 if I want to give one a whirl?

If the gameplay clips/vids look fun to you then just go for it. Play the tutorial first before hopping in to a match though.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

totalnewbie posted:

Yeah, it's significantly more approachable and accessible than Mordhau.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

totalnewbie posted:

Mode 7 posted:

Yeah, it's significantly more approachable and accessible than Mordhau.
While the usual attention on swing to win is the Vanguard with a big sword, you can also try your luck with the initial Footman subclass, Poleman if you just want to get used to angry yelling war zones.

They start with a Halberd (with a bardiche model and you need to unlock the halberd cosmetic because?) which will let you waddle into a team fight and poke or overhand smash enemies casually fending off a 1vX real good. in particular as special attack swings stagger people for a moment when blocked.

Looking back at the equip screens, seems like the initial unlocked stuff for the Vanguard is a Battle Axe (which has an absurdly strong special attack if the Vanguard is using it), and the initial knight subclass is doubled up on swords with the Longsword and "Sword". All good weapons, and the Knight "Double swords" is more user friendly speed wise for trying to out duel someone. They are just a bit more finicky for trying to shoulder your way through a crowd getting your own hits in.

Oh, right. Offline Bots match is counter intuitive not because bots are stupid. But because bots seem to have reduced hitpoints so even the Archer can survive stuff that would one shot them.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 30, 2021

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

The bots in Chiv2 are so weird. They're never that difficult to kill, but they do such random stuff that even as you get better at the game those soulless monsters never actually seem to get any easier

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

have you seen my baby posted:

The bots in Chiv2 are so weird. They're never that difficult to kill, but they do such random stuff that even as you get better at the game those soulless monsters never actually seem to get any easier

I love bots, the game would be less fun without them! They need some AI tweaks, like when they get stuck carrying ladders after the bridge in Lionspire, but I hope they keep them as dumb as they are right now.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
I just went with archer for a few games because it was fun in TF2 :D

The hitboxes are very unforgiving, aren't they, and the tracking is not easy either. That said, I did go something like 20-1 in one game (that long tournament joust looking arena) so that was good. Going to take some used to swinging a sword/whathaveyou around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I love bots, the game would be less fun without them! They need some AI tweaks, like when they get stuck carrying ladders after the bridge in Lionspire, but I hope they keep them as dumb as they are right now.
Bots always knew the prison wagon's needed to be defended on all sides, so I wonder what other unintuitive secrets they are guarding between the idiocy :tinfoil: