Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The Modern Leper posted:

Have you listened to the latest episode yet? I remember the WW84 episode, and it also seemed that a lot of her written reviews were starting to get "knives out" for no apparent reason. I also know that she has been open about absolutely going through it in the last few months (deep depression, loss of her grandmother, financial straits due to taking care of her late grandmother), so I'm a little curious about the timing and general vibe of this episode.

EDIT: It would be lazy and speculative to ascribe her more vicious reviews to her emotional state at the time, but there was certainly a correlation.

Yea I listened to it and it was good. She’s a good guest. I think she clicked a lot more this episode than the past ones. Plus it helps to have someone that isn’t white bread to give perspective sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

GlenMR posted:

It is a little wild to me that there's not an ad-free feed at one of the Paterson tiers.

I'll survive the ads, but if they start doing read for Manscaped, no thanks.

They already have if I'm not mistaken. Andrew reads them I think.

Angelica is the only good guest and nothing you say can change my mind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like AJB a lot on her own merits but not as a guest since she has such a strong personality she basically dominates the podcast. Which is often funny as hell but I don't feel lends itself to a group format. Sort of the opposite of those guests who may as well not be there. I'll take her over them any day but still.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I don't see how being mad at WW84 counts as a strike against someone. Especially when it's loving funny.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Angelica is less of a guest and more an unofficial host in my book. I think Chelsea is the only other person who slides into the show as easily.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Timeless Appeal posted:

Angelica is less of a guest and more an unofficial host in my book. I think Chelsea is the only other person who slides into the show as easily.

yea of all the guests they have who aren't literally married to one of them she's the one who if they just randomly said 'oh by the way we hired Angelica full time' I'd be 100% down for.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also I just wanna say I haven't watched Jackass in ages but boy does Jackass The Movie hold up

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ll admit all those jackass movies hold up surprisingly well. Like seriously surprising. I even like the ones that were actual movies like Bad Granpda.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Invalid Validation posted:

I’ll admit all those jackass movies hold up surprisingly well. Like seriously surprising. I even like the ones that were actual movies like Bad Granpda.

yea I think I may have to do some Jackass marathoning on Paramount, this commentary basically completely captured my feelings on it of 'oh poo poo this is still genuine very funny'.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Oh poo poo the jackass commentary dropped. Time for a few tall glasses of water.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think 'is Butterbean okay?' and 'sorry, I've got bursitis' are maybe the funniest lines in any movie and I will stand by that

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

That is the best line of the 21st Century. No one will top it.

This commentary rocks. You forget how goddamn funny Jackass is right up until you put it on and fall back into the groove of it like a warm bath.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm glad the worst aged bits were just 'alright maybe you didn't need like three different variants of a running around Japan with 'Turning Japanese' playing' and nothing actually bad.

Horrifying like the paper cut stuff? Absolutely.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'm glad the worst aged bits were just 'alright maybe you didn't need like three different variants of a running around Japan with 'Turning Japanese' playing' and nothing actually bad.

Horrifying like the paper cut stuff? Absolutely.

Yea the best thing about physical comedy is it’s so simple and easy to understand. They don’t need to or at least from the few you can tell aren’t chuds, don’t need to do anything beyond a goofy physical gag or get hurt to do what they want to do for these movies.

Even this “turning Japanese” thing isn’t really that bad. Just a poor choice of music and idiot Americans.

This podcast is great and if they do this episode they mention as a future episode done on the movie written and Directed by Bam Margera “Haggard”. Which I was obsessed with as a kid because you could see his girlfriend topless a few times in the movie I really hope they follow through with it.

Just got to the Papercuts section. This loving rocks.

dorium fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 1, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Invalid Validation posted:

They’re great. Jackass 3D is no joke the best 3D movie ever made. It actually makes creative use of the technology.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

They didn’t finish the movie in the commentary :colbert: release the Grampy cut

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So good to hear the Jackassmentary is good. I have a rough day tomorrow and would love to end it by eating an edible and watching the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You're in for a time. Andrew makes the best noises at a few bits.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Andrew is a drat savant when it comes to rasberries/fart noises. I'm legitimately super jealous at how well he does them.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I think 'is Butterbean okay?' and 'sorry, I've got bursitis' are maybe the funniest lines in any movie and I will stand by that

"Es un carrito! :ohdear:" from the doctor in the last bit really got me good.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The best line award goes to Pontius in the fart trumpet scene: 'You're bringing jazz back to the working man'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Coheed and Camembert posted:

"Es un carrito! :ohdear:" from the doctor in the last bit really got me good.

'don't tell nobody, this guy knows and that's too many people' made me cry laughing

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Angelica is the loving best and I'm overjoyed that they wanna bring her back to do The Craft

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I only had the regular version of the Jackass movie, from the sound of the commentary the unrated cut really went places.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I dont even remember what they cut out of the theatrical cut.

Good ol' movie censorship.com

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3539

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Where can I even stream the unrated version?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Couldn’t find the unrated version to stream, so I just said gently caress it and watched the theatrical cut. Real pain in the rear end trying to pause-play-pause-play to try keep it as synced as possible. Wouldn’t recommend.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that was my one negative experience with the commentary, I had no idea where to get the unrated version to stream so I wound up having to pause and wait until it sounded like they were at the next bit a few times.

I'm kinda glad I didn't know where to get it though because it sounds like they extended the paper cut scene :gonk:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That sucks. I'm just not going to listen to this commentary this time around until I either break down and buy a physical disc copy, or it becomes available for streaming.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

You can buy it unrated at most digital retailers only place to stream is Paramount+ so they definitely have it locked up never going anywhere else until P+ dies on the vine.

Or https://www.amazon.com/Jackass-7-Mo...he+movie&sr=8-2

$10 for 7 jackass movies including 2 grampy movies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234071742058?epid=54525539&hash=item367fc3566a:g:PuoAAOSwzaJX~kIu

Sealed copy for $7+ of the first one unrated.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

dorium posted:

You can buy it unrated at most digital retailers only place to stream is Paramount+ so they definitely have it locked up never going anywhere else until P+ dies on the vine.

Or https://www.amazon.com/Jackass-7-Mo...he+movie&sr=8-2

$10 for 7 jackass movies including 2 grampy movies.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234071742058?epid=54525539&hash=item367fc3566a:g:PuoAAOSwzaJX~kIu

Sealed copy for $7+ of the first one unrated.

Paramount+ doesn't even seem to have the unrated version, just the regular R rated version. I really don't think there's anywhere to stream this thing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

Paramount+ doesn't even seem to have the unrated version, just the regular R rated version. I really don't think there's anywhere to stream this thing.

That must mean they group watched it on Andrew's 4k version. *drink*

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

That must mean they group watched it on Andrew's 4k version. *drink*

They say they watched a DVD version.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I think about "The Vague Drug Trade" a lot. It's a good bit of show terminology.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

you probably definitely could release 3 and this last one in 4K at some point and justify just dumping the first 2 on one 4K disc at whatever the highest resolution you can. This was still back when movie theaters would get film rolls for digitally shot movies. Just scan that 35mm roll :lol:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Big Daddy Dispatch

Episode 557 — Iron Man 2

Episode 558 — Turner and Hooch

Episode 559 — The Village (2004)

Episode 560 — The Mummy Returns with Ben Worcester

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Iron Man

Animation Damnation — The Mummy: The Animated Series (s1, e1) "The Summoning"

The Nexus: TOS: "By Any Other Name" (s2 e22) TNG: "Who Watches the Watchers" (s3, e4)

Gleep Glossary: Triclops (Ken's Dad!!)

Melr0210: 90210: "Anaconda" (s2, e4) Melrose Place: Bye Bye Billy" (s1, e24)

Good stuff this month.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s been a bit since Steve busted out the “with a box of scraps!” line. Very excited.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah Triclops!!!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Iron Man is out already. Like, right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

thrawn527 posted:

They say they watched a DVD version.

I read somewhere that because how the movie was filmed, DVD resolution (480p?) is as good as it gets for that movie.