Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

MvdP in yellow :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Watts, it turns out, are watts.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

this pogacar guy seems pretty good!!!!!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Next year Pogacar should ride with me to make it fair

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Smol posted:

Next year Pogacar should ride with me to make it fair
Are you sure you're big enough?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Next year Pogacar will have to race 1/2/3 and get a beer handup during every stage, which he’ll have to chug before he can continue

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This was a fun TDF - glad that one is settled - on to the next one!

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

This was a fun TDF - glad that one is settled - on to the next one!

Seriously! He is looking so incredibly strong. I don't how the rest of the GC teams are going to challenge Pogacar, but we will see.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
https://twitter.com/DeGendtThomas/status/1410277980157403142

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I see Pogacar was pushing 3.6 roentgen/KG today.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

I see Pogacar was pushing 3.6 roentgen/KG today.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I looked up wurf and it seems a bit weird Ineos signed a 37 year old triathlete who hasn't had a significant result since 2015

They stuck the new stuff into a petri dish of Wurf's blood and it exploded like in The Thing. Pog doesn't blink.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Pogacar: makin' dudes look slow since 2019

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You just know he’ll end up at Ineos soon enough and I will be livid when it happens.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Xabi posted:

You just know he’ll end up at Ineos soon enough and I will be livid when it happens.

UAE will outspend Ineos on him

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I hope you’re right and that that is enough.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The only thing I can see stopping him would be some spicy attacks in the mountains when he's isolated because of his theoretically weaker team.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Vando posted:

The only thing I can see stopping him would be some spicy attacks in the mountains when he's isolated because of his theoretically weaker team.

I mean they still have to drop him first so he has to chase. And given the few riders who could are like 2 minutes back already with an even longer tt to come i don't think he has to worry too much.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

F

that poo poo eating grin will never not make me laugh ngl

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Is there anyone that can reasonably challenge Pog for the foreseeable future? He is currently a Ganna level time trialist, a Contador level climber and can hold his own to get podiums on sprint stages (I think he came 3rd or 4th in Stage 1) all at 22. Unless a serious injury happens, he's so young that he should be performing at this level for at least a decade.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Heart gives out from the doping/absurd caffeine abuse.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I remember the 2019 Giro being over after the first TT too.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Pog's not in yellow but he's already won the Tour.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If I go full cynic, it makes me wonder if big budget teams will start pushing for meaningfully long TTTs to try and ensure their investments pay out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

goatface posted:

If I go full cynic, it makes me wonder if big budget teams will start pushing for meaningfully long TTTs to try and ensure their investments pay out.

The tour organizers hate having TTTs have significant GC impact. There's a reason we haven't had a long one in forever.

The people who like them are mostly the bike companies because they like the marketing image of a bunch of TT bikes all riding together.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard

serious gaylord posted:

I mean they still have to drop him first so he has to chase. And given the few riders who could are like 2 minutes back already with an even longer tt to come i don't think he has to worry too much.

Ineos and Jumbo need to organize a Porte/Vingegaard attack early in a stage. Then you don't need to drop him, you just overwhelm his team.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Rojkir posted:

Ineos and Jumbo need to organize a Porte/Vingegaard attack early in a stage. Then you don't need to drop him, you just overwhelm his team.

This is what they should do, they'll probably just combine trains and tow Pogacar to the final 3km and wonder why he still has the legs to attack.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

This is what they should do, they'll probably just combine trains and tow Pogacar to the final 3km and wonder why he still has the legs to attack.

Hey it worked fine last yea- wait hang on a second...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should get Froome to attack and convince pog that he really needs to chase him down. It would be over in seconds and do nothing useful, but I would laugh.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I really dislike Cav’s glasses with the weird nose piece

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is an insanely strong break. They're not going to let that live.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Groupama now killing themselves trying to get this back fast

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This is some real dysfunctional poo poo

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

nice sunny day out.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nobody wants to be friends with GVA.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just get off your bike and have a coffee.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Greg just wants Kluge, and hell, who can blame him

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Rojkir posted:

Yes, no way Pog can hang on with no teammates in the face of a JV or Ineos tra...looks at 2020 highlights...oh.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heh, producer leak.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Extreme slo mo shots for awhile there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Still wearing that golden helmet then :jerkbag: