Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You know how OG constantly chat wheeled and taunted every single team they beat in every game across two TIs?

Imagine them crashing and burning against T2/T3 teams who then do the exact same thing to them except they have a full-on meltdown about how they're being bullied and how the behavior towards them is totally unacceptable, including Ana just flat-out retiring instead of even attempting to play with them in the TI quals

i havent followed in about two years but that is loving funny.

how have EG performed? arteezy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

err posted:

i havent followed in about two years but that is loving funny.

how have EG performed? arteezy?

They got second place at the last 3 majors (1 pre covid and 2 this year)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the rtz curse continues strong

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I guess OG launched their nft today as well despite the bubble bursting on NFTs like a while ago

https://twitter.com/ogesports/status/1410570191474397184?s=21

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I guess OG launched their nft today as well despite the bubble bursting on NFTs like a while ago

https://twitter.com/ogesports/status/1410570191474397184?s=21

I just right-clicked and chose "save as," did I buy the NFT? I got the picture, I just don't know if I'm the sole owner of it now!

NFTs are the logical next step from Bitcoin, though. Money that's worth nothing to buy (immaterial) goods (that anyone can effortlessly make copies of) worth nothing!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JonathonSpectre posted:

I just right-clicked and chose "save as," did I buy the NFT? I got the picture, I just don't know if I'm the sole owner of it now!

NFTs are the logical next step from Bitcoin, though. Money that's worth nothing to buy (immaterial) goods (that anyone can effortlessly make copies of) worth nothing!

Amazingly, NFTs are actually way dumber than bitcoin

it's a real milestone in idiocy

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

NFTs are awesome because they're dumb and bad, but people aren't even using them for their true potential, which is actually even dumber and significantly worse. Owning a jpg is just scratching the surface of what people actually want NFTs to be, which are like infallible digital contracts.

The generous example I saw is like, imagine if Steam games were NFTs. You could, when creating the NFT, make it so that 75% of all sales from the game would go toward the developers. So, they would get 75% of the money you pay to Steam, but since you now own the NFT, you could resell it. But, because of the digital contract, even when you resell it, 75% of THAT money also goes back to the developers. You could do the same thing with music albums or movies or anything like that - make it so you can still resell it, but the developers/creators still get money from those subsequent sales.

In reality nobody is actually looking to create a marketplace that works that way and instead the people who are foaming at the mouth to normalize NFT's method of infallible contracts are the weirdo libertarian types who want to make it so that you pay rent through a virtual wallet NFT tied to an electronic lock so if you miss a payment your locks immediately change and they can say "oh sorry I can't do anything about it, the digital contract you signed and agreed to is in the blockchain and can't be altered"

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
please put axe back in the niche offlaner category

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao wait that level 25 talent makes sunder have a six second cool down

The meta for this patch is almost nothing but heroes you have to 100-0, it sucks

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

goddamn what is late game dota anymore

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
giant's ring metamorph bkb TB is large

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
This TNC Boom game is crazy

e: lol Giant's Ring TB

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

ooof that went bad

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
aaand it's done already

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cerepol posted:

goddamn what is late game dota anymore

As far as I can tell the neutral items are icefrog yelling at you to end this poo poo already

Cerepol posted:

ooof that went bad

Yeah they didn't expect them to have the attack speed for that

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The meta for this patch is almost nothing but heroes you have to 100-0, it sucks

Ice frog will never rework TB, but the constant changing of the Sunder CD talent makes me think it needs a rework. The only way to make it impactful is to make it the most absurd ability ever. A 12+ second cooldown means you’re probably only using it once per fight. A six second CD means 2-4 times in a fight because it’s going to prolong the fight.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh god Medusa AND terrorblade

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ice frog will never rework TB, but the constant changing of the Sunder CD talent makes me think it needs a rework. The only way to make it impactful is to make it the most absurd ability ever. A 12+ second cooldown means you’re probably only using it once per fight. A six second CD means 2-4 times in a fight because it’s going to prolong the fight.

One of the balancing factors of this stupid talent is that eventually you run out of targets to Sunder. Sure, you can do it every 6 seconds, which is maybe 4 or 5 times a fight, but I've seen a few times where you have no really good targets and you have to sort of choose to heal an enemy and you both end up at 20% hp. It's one of those late game madness problems where you just have to much to do in a fight.

That said I still hate it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

NFTs are awesome because they're dumb and bad, but people aren't even using them for their true potential, which is actually even dumber and significantly worse. Owning a jpg is just scratching the surface of what people actually want NFTs to be, which are like infallible digital contracts.

The generous example I saw is like, imagine if Steam games were NFTs. You could, when creating the NFT, make it so that 75% of all sales from the game would go toward the developers. So, they would get 75% of the money you pay to Steam, but since you now own the NFT, you could resell it. But, because of the digital contract, even when you resell it, 75% of THAT money also goes back to the developers. You could do the same thing with music albums or movies or anything like that - make it so you can still resell it, but the developers/creators still get money from those subsequent sales.

In reality nobody is actually looking to create a marketplace that works that way and instead the people who are foaming at the mouth to normalize NFT's method of infallible contracts are the weirdo libertarian types who want to make it so that you pay rent through a virtual wallet NFT tied to an electronic lock so if you miss a payment your locks immediately change and they can say "oh sorry I can't do anything about it, the digital contract you signed and agreed to is in the blockchain and can't be altered"

Nothing about NFTs is needed for that. Like, any store could do that if they wanted pretty easily.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If TNC gets knocked down the top two seeds will both be in the lower bracket already, the SEA region owns.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

change that up to "heroes you have to 100-0, in a patch full of Winter Wyverns and Oracles with Holy Locket who themselves have Aeon Disks"

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
i'm the pos5 oracle with the aegis snatch that just immediate ults himself and runs in circles

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

flicker drop aw poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this game on BTS3 is hilarious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TRIPLE RAPIRA

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
points to anyone who can guess how many divine rapiers terrorblade bought at once

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

this game on BTS3 is hilarious

Lmao

Bro that courier could 1v5 the enemy team

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
all of them are on crow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://clips.twitch.tv/FreezingJoyousDaikonJKanStyle-3yTsTyCtyQaiicUD

I've never seen this before in the history of dota

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

TRIPLE RAPIRA

me in my atomic wars game before i instantly lose and have no idea why

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
79000 networth TB. ok

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Holy poo poo lmfao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

New record! 81 minute manta style purchase on terrorblade

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I watched the other game first, and switched to here. I didn't even notice the timer until now. Wowoowowowowowo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope TB finishes the game with six rapiers on his courier

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
wait Arc Warden has Book of the Dead? So he has four EIGHT summons? lolololol

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Forcing icefrog to watch this game on loop until he nerfs aeon disk

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

twitch chat gettin real horny atm. horny for more dota is what i can assume must be good games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
remember when iron talon and ring of aquila got removed?

also at this point why not just let the supports kill the creeps so they get to level 30, how the gently caress is lion still 27