Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
does a laser sword with two connected prongs and a big hole between them provide any tactical or quality of life advantages over a single bladed saber

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

indigi posted:

does a laser sword with two connected prongs and a big hole between them provide any tactical or quality of life advantages over a single bladed saber

You can stick your dick in the hole

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

only someone with the reflexes of a Jedi Master can gently caress the saber pussy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

only someone with the reflexes of a Jedi Master can gently caress the saber pussy

“You underestimate my power!”

“Don’t try it…”

Alternatively: “You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought.”

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

But I thought Jaws was never his scene and he didn’t like Star Wars...

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Asgerd posted:

But I thought Jaws was never his scene and he didn’t like Star Wars...

I want to ride my
Tsmeu-6 personal wheel bike

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

indigi posted:

Could even be that the intent was that instead of a laser it's like a stiff wire with a ridiculous amount of energy coursing through it from an electrical current.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

Could even be that the intent was that instead of a laser it's like a stiff wire with a ridiculous amount of energy coursing through it from an electrical current.

That's what I thought. Like hot wire through that pink foam stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah, looks like a super fancy hot wire cutter alright.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Linux Pirate posted:

Reimagined Darth Vader

I don't know I'm into it.
Like I'd watch the poo poo outa that guy in a space horror reimagining of Star Wars that was half Alien half Friday the 13/Halloween.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

Reimagined Darth Vader

Suddenly motivated to go back and finish Death Stranding

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Pretty good posted:

Suddenly motivated to go back and finish Death Stranding

Oh is that Die Hardman?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I don't know I'm into it.
Like I'd watch the poo poo outa that guy in a space horror reimagining of Star Wars that was half Alien half Friday the 13/Halloween.

Good news!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Davros1 posted:

Good news!

I saw that poo poo like 10 times in the theater when it came out, I guess I meant take the tone and setting from Alien but instead of a xenomorph you could have clunky trashbag spacesuit Vader as the stalker antagonist.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And Mace Windu drinks some serious gourmet poo poo.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Mandalorians just eat handfuls of coffee beans.

Ahsoka picked up this habit from Bo-Katan but she gets the chocolate covered kind.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Obi Wan knows what's what when it comes to a cup-a-joe

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I love that they acknowledged that Hux is played by an Irishman and makes tea correctly.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ViWiWrites/status/1255160871522914308
https://twitter.com/ViWiWrites/status/1255157095516774400
https://twitter.com/ViWiWrites/status/1255177269737394187

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This is not how I expected to find out that General Hux's first name was Armitage

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Global democracy seems kinda like aiming low for Leia there.

Hazo posted:

This is not how I expected to find out that General Hux's first name was Armitage

I've seen the word before the name Hux a few times, but I never figured that it was his name instead of like an adjective or title. It's like Salacious Crumb all over again.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Hazo posted:

the man's name is a toilet

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The toilet is name after the town they made the toilets in :shrug:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat that’s awesome

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
FRA-GI-LE, it must be Huttese!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/hp9ofHY.gifv

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Orbital Mary Poppins attack force.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
Please tell me there's more to that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, there's more to the story, but it's not particularly wacky. It's just a fairly straightforward action story, with the reveal at the end that the shipment the Separatists were smuggling was a bunch of ugnaughts that they were planning to use as slaves. It's part of the Clone Wars Adventures series, which was just a bunch of one-shots done in the style of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars.

The series varies a lot, and focuses mostly on action, but it can also be very silly. There's an interesting mix. One story follows Yoda wandering through a town carrying a giant box on his back, and he doesn't speak a word to anyone around him, even though they make fun of him, but then a guy rolls up with a droid army to subjugate the town and Yoda opens the box to reveal: a giant gatling gun that Yoda uses to mow down the entire army. No foolin' around with the usual jedi mysticism or "big things in small packages" stuff.

But also there's some surprisingly poignant or artful stuff in there.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

The series varies a lot, and focuses mostly on action, but it can also be very silly. There's an interesting mix. One story follows Yoda wandering through a town carrying a giant box on his back, and he doesn't speak a word to anyone around him, even though they make fun of him, but then a guy rolls up with a droid army to subjugate the town and Yoda opens the box to reveal: a giant gatling gun that Yoda uses to mow down the entire army. No foolin' around with the usual jedi mysticism or "big things in small packages" stuff.

They really remade Django with Yoda? That's amazing, I need to read that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's not an original gag, but drat is it a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh right, Aurra Sing used to be Ventress before Ventress was Ventress, which is a bit odd given these were made after Ventress's introduction and subsequent absorption of half of Sing's backstory

More bombs need Portal core personalities