Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

Mystic Knight can't use the Brave Blade.

Yes, but freelancer can. Fair point though, because if I want freelancer using something else in its bag of tricks for a given fight, picking the brave blade means I'm still stuck with assassin's dagger/enhancer on the mystic knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

2. Brave Blade Y/N? On the one hand, black mage makes randoms a nonissue, monk's gonna need the levels anyway since I've got no other way to make it useful besides "shittier black mage," my only chicken knife friendly command is !Focus which isn't ideal, and flare brave blade backed up by monk strength sounds pretty spicy. On the other hand, there are a lot worse things to be than a shittier black mage, this team's ability slots are pretty much free real estate so it's not like it's going to hurt to fit !Focus in, mystic knight passes on a pretty solid agility score to make those flare blades potentially even spicier, and of course gently caress the brave blade.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
e: oops new-page'd

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Reasons that you would generally want to do the tablet dungeons after the first:
  • You're doing a toxx or have a weird sense of completionism, in which case good luck with Leviathan, he's an rear end in a top hat

To be clear for newbies, Leviathan is not mandatory at the end of Istory falls, you can just walk past him and get out.

I usually go there because it's an easy fast dungeon for Hermes sandals money. Like if all it had at the end was a pair of Hermes sandals, I would totally zip through it for that. And Fork Tower is usually easy with mirage vest trick, reflect rings, & fast forward, anyway. But also, I just don't like to go into the void until I'm ready to end the game, YMMV.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

The catch sheet says to grab Sandcrawlers for the Seal Guardians, but is that ideal for parties who can't do multi-target attacks?

If I get "Lucky" and Maelstrom works on all 4 crystals, aren't I just going to get blasted by the crystals?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, even without AoE attacks, if you have everyone ready you can kill 3 crystals in quick succession. And I think you're pretty unlikely to get all 4 of them with it in the first case. I did it and personally only hit 2 of them.

At any rate, if you're really worried you can catch Aquathorns around Bal, and they just cast single target death. Though, I'd imagine you'd probably only have one person with maxxed out Beastmaster around that point unless you're grinding.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Freelancer wants brave blade even less than knight does. Why bother with 150 flat when you can get apollo harp, dragon lance, maneater and artemis bow to hit Shinryu/NED weaknesses. And if you're fighting Omega and your only damage comes from physicals you'd rather pick a weapon that quarters defenses, like axes. No other fight needs brave blade at all.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
If you're fighting omega, you're gonna want 2 chars running bolt3 blade so you wouldn't really want to go with axes on the freelancer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The obvious answer is to job fair the Monk to a Ninja or Ranger.

Otherwise I think !Focus CK for MK is a good bet, MK’s pretty poor for damage without elemental weaknesses or Flare Blade, and CK will help a lot there.

The real question is what the gently caress is the Monk going to do?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

pyromance posted:

If you're fighting omega, you're gonna want 2 chars running bolt3 blade so you wouldn't really want to go with axes on the freelancer.
i was talking in general fwiw, if you have mystic knight then yeah. Brave Blade still isn't worth it, especially since the #2 sword is 140 to brave blades 150

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

#2 sword comes five minutes before the end of the game though. Part of the fun of a Brave Blade run is arriving in World 3 and instantly going from ~1500 to ~4500 damage.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

pyromance posted:

In general one offensive option is best against Omega IMO. Too many offensive characters and you’re asking to get countered to death.

But yeah Brave Blade no.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Vadun posted:

The catch sheet says to grab Sandcrawlers for the Seal Guardians, but is that ideal for parties who can't do multi-target attacks?

If I get "Lucky" and Maelstrom works on all 4 crystals, aren't I just going to get blasted by the crystals?

It’s really party dependent. Some Beast parties I don’t bother grinding multiple captures, some I grind out immediately. A “safe” thing to do is get all the crystals just above their berserk threshold and then release 4 things with strong Fight commands, but that requires a lot of grinding (that you might have done to trivialize MeatDeath anyway). With one capture, you can leave the forest and save right before the fight to rapidly try, and it’s worth tossing out Maelstroms to hopefully eliminate tough crystals.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

full writeup and shin/omega coming soon, but I did my own toxx :toot:

I’ve been thinking about this run since before the fiesta started, I did some research by reading these guides, which were invaluable. I couldn’t have pulled this off without the work already done by these two:
https://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-V-Advance-(by-Dr-Pepper)/
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/588331-final-fantasy-v/faqs/30049

But, neither of those were using fiesta rules, so there was still plenty to figure out along the way. Picking the right classes was going to be key.

From reading the guides, I knew that a Beastmaster was going to be absolutely essential. Beyond being a pretty broken class that can one shot a ton of bosses, enemies that are captured don’t give exp. So I started with Beastmaster as my Wind job.

This Beastmaster guide got me through the first several bosses no problem.
I caught some Goblins outside of Tule, they hilariously cast Flare when released. They don’t have much HP so catching them is actually kinda tricky even at a low level. I eventually found a combination of unarmed punches and knife pokes that got them into critical HP range and captured a few.

• Karlabos - one-shot by Flare
  • Siren - vulnerable to petrify, so I used a caught Calcruthl from the ship graveyard to one shot her
  • Magissa - I differed from the guide and just used another Goblin Flare to one shot her and pick up the whip
  • Garula - The Bandersnatches near Walse cast Blaster when released which is 50/50 instant death

That brought me up to my next job decision point. Blue Mage was the obvious choice. The combo of Dark Spark, Level 2 Old, and Level 5 Death was just too good to pass up. There was just one problem, my levels were 2/2/2/3, the lowest possible levels you can complete the game with, and you have to be at least level 5 to get L5 Death. So I made the difficult decision to level up Faris to 5. Someday I want to go back and see if it is doable with fiesta rules with everyone at min level, but I didn’t want to get stuck somewhere in this attempt. This put me at 2/2/2/5 which is where my levels stayed for the rest of the run.

Liquidflame went down to another Bandersnatch Blaster

The battle with Iron Claw during the Karnak 500 has unavoidable exp. If you kill everything normally it gives you 900 exp which pushes everyone to 4/4/4/5. However, if you kill the Sergeant first the wolves will flee and you only get 40 exp. The wolves don’t attack on their own, so I used the whip to paralyze the Sergeant and slowly killed him and let the wolves run away. I also killed off Butz because he is slightly closer to level 3 than Lenna and Galuf and would have leveled up.

I went with Time Mage for my third job, my thinking being that as long as I could get to World 3 I could fall back on Quickleak if nothing else. I didn’t do the math on this though... At level 5 Faris had 35 mp and Quick is a 77mp spell. Even with a Gold Hairpin I didn’t have enough mp for Quick. Honestly Time Mage was kind of a dud for this run compared to the other classes. Slow, Stop, Comet, Gravity, and Teleport all had their uses, but none of them were really make or break. Oh well, if I try for a 2/2/2/3 run maybe this gets swapped for Chemist or something.

At this point I needed to get some job levels because I needed to mix and match my job abilities between fights. Abusing catch would be possible, but it would be very time consuming and would require constant attention. Luckily, there is an early repeatable fight that gives 0 exp and 1 ABP, the Garulas that run away outside of Walse Tower.

Side note: My philosophy with fiesta runs is to do what is humanly possible, but I have no problem with quality of life improvements to keep it fun. For example, repeating dungeons over and over because of bad RNG on a boss isn’t fun or interesting, so I’m ok with using save states. Mindlessly grinding for hours isn’t fun or interesting, so I’m ok with automating it because the challenge of automating it is way more fun and interesting than the challenge of walking back and forth for hours fighting Garulas.

So, I wrote a Lua script that walks back and forth fighting Garula over and over gaining 1 ABP at a time. Then I turned on Turbo Mode and waited while I slowly mastered each of the 3 jobs I had on everyone. The script itself was fairly simple and took about 30 minutes to put together. I had something similar already from my quadzerker run last year.

Now, with my freshly mastered jobs I was ready to continue. Nothing terribly interesting for the next few fights:
  • Ifrit - ice rod
  • Byblos - Page 32 catch, which casts Banish
  • I made sure to pick up L5 Death along the way
  • Sandworm - Dhorme Chimera + a rod
  • Crayclaw - Lightning rods
  • Adamantoise - Another Bandersnatch Blaster

The launchers/flamethrowers were pretty annoying, but I threw 4 rods at each
Soul Cannon - L5 death takes out launchers but not before they gave me old and reduced my level from 2 to 1 :ohdear: After they were down I spammed enough Lightning rods to take out the cannon before it had a chance to wave cannon me. This was the first time I used the Equip Rods ability, I put it on my Beastmaster so that they could snap rods too.

Archeoavis has a trick where if any of the forms die by sap damage the fight ends without the next form spawning. An Aegir from near Karnak and a Ronkan Knight combo for ~1500 damage and sap.

Before losing Galuf I needed to decide what my last job was going to be. Gil was a significant bottleneck up to this point and it was only going to get worse the more I had to throw Phoenix Downs around. I strongly considered Thief so that I could steal stuff to sell and Flee, but I worried that would handicap me in future fights. Once I had the airship I found a spot of ocean directly south of Walse that has an encounter that gives 2000 gil and 0 exp (Shout out to Dragondarch’s encounter guide which was incredibly useful for encounter manipulation throughout the run)

The Corbetts there can be Controlled and they have a Maelstrom like attack, so killing them was fairly easy, but I needed to rest at an Inn after every battle so it was tedious and time consuming. So, over the course of the next couple days I wrote a Lua script that would do it for me. This was part of the run that was most fun for me personally, it was a very tricky thing to write and involved digging into parts of the GBA memory that haven’t been mapped out yet. The script will Quicksave/Quickload to manipulate the encounter, sail back and forth until it gets into an encounter, control both Corbetts and kill them or reload from a pre-battle savestate if I die, then fly to Walse, stay at the Inn, fly back, and start all over again. It came out to about 350 lines of code and I’m quite proud of it. After days of work I let it run for a few hours until I had stocked up on phoenix downs and ethers and had some money left over until the next time I could find a good gil grinding spot.

With money taken care of I picked Bard for my final job, not even so much for Sing, but for Hide. Hide was my only chance of surviving any kind of AOE attack and gave me a way to wait out Doom timers without getting smashed. Sing was the icing on the cake.

• Purobolos - If you control them and have them self destruct on themselves they don’t case Arise. I made sure to pick up Self Destruct here, with only double digit HP it doesn’t do a lot of damage so I probably won’t need it but you never know…
  • Titan - Got float from North Mountain and then used a Sand Bear on him
  • Manticore - Another Bandersnatch Blaster

Now I was at the point of no return so I looked ahead a bit to make sure I wasn’t going to screw myself over. Initially I was worried about the solo Gilgamesh fight because I didn’t have Galuf around to Catch anything, but he’s vulnerable to Gravity and that takes him out in one shot.

The Big Bridge has the next bit of exp that has to be avoided. The first Little Chariot fight is unavoidable and they can’t be caught. The other way to avoid experience is to kill something with Doom, for whatever reason that doesn’t give exp. The only source of Doom prior to Big Bridge is from catching Jackanapes from the basement of Walse Castle. This was tricky, it absorbed all elements and was immune to any useful status effects other than Control. It could hit itself for decent damage under Control after using Off Guard, but it would always counter that with Moon Flute. Its other Control command was Encircle, which thankfully didn’t work on itself, so I could at least keep it locked down, but I still had to figure out how to damage it with non-elemental magic.

Remember how I said Self Destruct probably wouldn’t be useful? Well... I used it to take of 95 HP at a time until they were catchable. It was painful.

That left Bridge Gilgamesh to plan for. He’s vulnerable to Old, but I didn’t have Level 2 Old yet. I did have the Ancient Sword from the Ronka Ruins purely by chance, that has a 33% chance of inflicting Old. Once he’s old a carefully timed L5 death will take him out.

The bosses after that all had W2 based strategies, so I jumped in the portal and carried out the plan. The rest of the game was pretty straight forward. These classes are broken so bad.
  • Dragon Pod - rod for the flowers, then released an Aquathorn for Death
  • Boat Gilgamesh - Dark Spark + L5 Death
  • Atomos - Dark Spark + L5 Death
  • Crystals - Captured some Sandcrawlers for Maelstrom, put the Aegis Shield and Flame Ring on Galuf, and then got lots of luck. Spead out Elven Mantles and Aegis Shield because they get 4 hard hitting attacks right off the bat before I have any chance to act.
  • Exdeath - Level 2 Old, Level 5 Death
  • Antlion - Released a Yellow Dragon I had saved from W2… and it didn’t do much damage. I was able to Old him and then slowly whittle him down with Blue Magic
  • Gargoyles - Put to sleep with sleep sword then used rods
  • Mummies - This was one of the harder fights of the run. They get 3 hits at the beginning of the fight so more often than not I was just dead immediately. I had to get really lucky with elven mantle and aegis shield procs to give me time to kill them with Phoenix Downs
  • Melusine - Sleep via Sleep Blade, then Dark Spark to get to an even level. Level 2 Old to get to level 10. Level 5 death to instant kill
  • Calofisteri - Level 2 Old, Level 5 Death
  • Apanda - 3x Great Dragon release for 9999 each
  • Azulmagia - Taught him self destruct
  • Catastrophe - 2x Great Dragons
  • Halicarnassus - 4x Great Dragons
  • Twintania - Hide until the phase shift and then L5 death
  • Treedeath - Sing songs until everyone is level 100 with 100 speed/strength/magic. Everything is single target so it wasn’t hard to keep up with throwing out Phoenix Downs. Once everyone was maxed out the Chicken Knife and Aeroga were both doing 7k damage.
  • Neo Exdeath - Aeroga/Chicken Knife everything. I was so fast that he never really did anything to me. I took out the Almagest part first, then Grand Cross, he never got a chance to use either. Then took out the front and magic lamped the back. The mummies were harder.

• Omega - Bard stop lock/stat boost, Blue Mage using Coral sword
  • Shinryu - Annoying to setup. Had to go to Phoenix Tower to steal a reflect ring, then capture a Mammon and a Galajelly from the roof of the castle in the rift for Berserk and Blind. The berserk casts on a party member, so it took several tries to get it to bounce off the reflected person. After that I just used the Apollo Harp.

Overall, this was a really fun run. Each boss was a fun puzzle.

Jose Valasquez fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 3, 2021

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Samuel Clemens posted:

#2 sword comes five minutes before the end of the game though. Part of the fun of a Brave Blade run is arriving in World 3 and instantly going from ~1500 to ~4500 damage.

Counterpoint: taking away Mystic Knight's best weapon is dumb

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Jose Valasquez posted:

Remember how I said Self Destruct probably wouldn’t be useful? Well... I used it to take of 95 HP at a time until they were catchable. It was painful.

I was gonna say that setting up ???? seems like it would have been the better play here, but apparently ???? has to deal with magic evasion, which Jackanapes has a lot of.

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

nrook posted:

:toxx:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cattail Prophet posted:

I was gonna say that setting up ???? seems like it would have been the better play here, but apparently ???? has to deal with magic evasion, which Jackanapes has a lot of.

I wish I could say I considered this and found self destruct better, but I just never bothered getting ???? and didn't even think about it, lol

If it didn't have the magic evasion thing it definitely would have been quicker since it eliminates the phoenix down and hi-potion steps each turn

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If you had Chemist you could've made every enemy level 2 and Goblin Punched them to death slowly.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
How do I beat the fork tower magic boss (omniscience?) with two time mages and no reflect rings?

CourtlyHades296
May 17, 2021

Drunk Nerds posted:

How do I beat the fork tower magic boss (omniscience?) with two time mages and no reflect rings?

Time Mage has Comet, which damages Omniscient without causing him to Reset.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You can also common steal reflect rings from lemures in Phoenix tower 1f with the thief knife

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

StrangeAeon posted:

yes

YES

:toxx: We Choose Violence
I pledge $1 for every FULL POWER BRAVE BLADE posted to the thread. Limit of $100

I couldn't equip it with my team (Samurai/Ninja/Thief/Mystic Knight) so I made him a Freelancer to show off the power.

Hellioning posted:

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

A !Throw was attempted, but ultimately it had to be sold for cash.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

blakelmenakle posted:

A !Throw was attempted, but ultimately it had to be sold for cash.

And that is, I believe, 5.

I'm still embarrassed that the chicken knife and brave blade are unthrowable (why tho) but still, good enough.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Hellioning posted:

I'm still embarrassed that the chicken knife and brave blade are unthrowable (why tho)

I assume the answer to this is that they couldn't find a way to insert the specific variable damage equations into the throw damage calculation.

Oh no, why am I reading the SNES address bus register specification, what is wrong with me?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

So cool.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Somewhat similar (and what I'd prefer) is the feeling of getting Rune Edges after the pyramid. Both regions of the GBA versions have easy ways to get Stingray so there's your fake axes right there after some rare knife Mugs (Now, I'm not saying it's a good time/cost-benefit but it is a good feeling).

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

I assume the answer to this is that they couldn't find a way to insert the specific variable damage equations into the throw damage calculation.

Oh no, why am I reading the SNES address bus register specification, what is wrong with me?
And yet they do have it statically set as you can Gunch with them (1 for Chicken Knife and 150 for Brave Blade).

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Doom Goon posted:

And yet they do have it statically set as you can Gunch with them (1 for Chicken Knife and 150 for Brave Blade).

Hmm, and gunch uses the same damage value as throw. That is strange.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jose Valasquez posted:

Overall, this was a really fun run. Each boss was a fun puzzle.

What a hell of a writeup, that owns. I'm glad my dumb little spreadsheet helped. :shobon:

Does Goblin flare actually one shot Magissa? I feel really stupid for not suggesting that if so. You'd have to pocket one through Ship Graveyard but that's not the worst thing...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

CourtlyHades296 posted:

Time Mage has Comet, which damages Omniscient without causing him to Reset.

Jose Valasquez posted:

You can also common steal reflect rings from lemures in Phoenix tower 1f with the thief knife

Ty!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

DalaranJ posted:

In FF4, you can throw the Excalibur, but not the Crystal sword (a.k.a. Ragnarok). I always assumed that they didn't want you accidentally getting rid of the best weapon in the game. Something similar may be behind the thinking here.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

In FF4, you can throw the Excalibur, but not the Crystal sword (a.k.a. Ragnarok). I always assumed that they didn't want you accidentally getting rid of the best weapon in the game. Something similar may be behind the thinking here.

They should've just coded in an increasingly annoyed Lady of the Lake.
e: wait poo poo i read it backwards

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

What a hell of a writeup, that owns. I'm glad my dumb little spreadsheet helped. :shobon:

Does Goblin flare actually one shot Magissa? I feel really stupid for not suggesting that if so. You'd have to pocket one through Ship Graveyard but that's not the worst thing...

I didn't start writing stuff down until well after Magissa, so I had to go from memory and that's the only one I wasn't 100% sure about. I know I did something different from the guide and that whatever I did it was a 1 shot kill. I wasn't able to use rods at that point, so I'm pretty sure it was a Goblin flare. I'm not sure what else it would have been.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Run 3: Dancer, Red Mage, Red Mage (yep, another), and White Mage... without running.

I can hear the groans (even from myself), but trust me, this run could've been worse. Red Mages are good in World 1, that's just a fact, even if you're mostly just doing swords and healing it'll be a little long but it'll be fine. World 2 was the problem, but thanks to Sleep, Toad, and Mini (and later Berserk/Power Staff and Blink from the White Mage) random encounters were mostly just slow slogs that I should've spent more rods and Ethers on (Reflect Rings helped). Thankfully, !Dance also doesn't wake monsters so it was a lot of slowly beating up nerfed enemies. And as for bosses well my White Mage made it so I had Protect, Shell in World 2, real healing, all that good stuff. At World 3 I had Lamia Tiaraed !Dances and 2 Rune Blades (which I should've gotten earlier) to get through those pesky defensive enemies and I just ran through that. There's another important synergy in that White Mage gets !Dualcast and of course there's Ribbons/!Dances. I didn't even have to do any extra grinding to beat Omega (boy does Shell and like actual healing sure help on Omega)!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

I'm... not sure what happened to that Neo Exdeath there. :laffo:
Caveat: I did flee on my way back to Omega afterwards but I shouldn't have even bothered, I think I got ~6k total out of it from the Dancer.

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.
All of them this time. I had already gotten the Holy Staff and I sure wasn't relying on boosted Red Mage spells that late very often.

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.
Welp, I had Poison so...

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My broken brain is trying to figure out how to do this without the 2 extra levels on Faris.

I would either need to find a way to learn L5 Death at level 3 via level manipulation or find an alternative for all the L5 death kills.

Chemist could boost levels and then I could Dark Spark myself to get to a level divisible by 5, but I don't think I have a way to get Dragon Fangs without getting exp.
Bard can boost the levels but not until way too late.

I would also need to swap out Time for Summoner or Oracle to have enough MP prior to getting a Gold Hairpin.

Alternatively, without L5 death I would need different strats for:
  • Bridge Gilgamesh - 4 bears would probably do it?
  • Boat Gilgamesh - Aquathorn release
  • Atomos - 4x Lesser Lopros release
  • Exdeath - 4x Yellow Dragon release
  • Melusine - Sleep + lots of fire rods?
  • Calofisteri - Hermes Sandals + Bone Mail
  • Twintania - Swap L5 death with assassin's dagger

Hmmm... that looks doable...

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay so I guess I sold the thief knife. I'm really bad at fork tower, thinking of strategies with only two people is hard for me.
What's the best way tro beat omniscience with monk, ranger, time mag, chemist? Get mix going on the time mag and just whittle him down witth comet 500 hp at a time?

e: nm I had it equipped lol

e2: It keeps saying "couldn't steal" when I hit the lemur. I just keep trying right?

God, I forgot how frustrating some of the things are with the FFFJF. I just want to go underwater and get meteor and beat the game for charity!

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jul 2, 2021

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Give !Time to three people, Reflect Ring up, and call down the sky. Monk or Ranger can solo minotaur easily.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Galick posted:

Give !Time to three people, Reflect Ring up, and call down the sky. Monk or Ranger can solo minotaur easily.

I can't beat minotaurf without the chemist leveling up my monk. I'm at level 31 am I doing something wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Try at level 35 or so. Monk really wants levels to stay useful in the late game.