Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The clippers are real good and I think them or the nets are the "actual" best teams but I don't think the nets are ever going to actually be healthy (they might still win out even if not though).

Soaking of Nets, does Blake get a new contract next year? What does that look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
2019 Raptors were one of the best playoff defense teams ever, with a supernova level Kawhi on offense. I think that team will be very underrated in years to come.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
As good as Kawhi was, the Raptors had something like, six guys averaging double digit points in the finals. That was an incredibly deep team, and everyone wants to write them off because of the Warriors' injuries.
As though they didn't have that depth going for them. Or as though they didn't have the second best record in the league. Including a better record than the mighty Warriors, come to think of it. They were very predictably elite, and then they won. I don't know what people want, here. You could see that was an absolutely elite team from fuckin' space.

And calling the 2014 Spurs a worse team than this year's Clippers strikes me as insane. After they beat the Mavs, they basically crushed everyone else, just rolling over people effortlessly.

Clips were a fantastic team, and would have made fine champions, but they ain't got poo poo on the 2014 Spurs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

The clippers are real good and I think them or the nets are the "actual" best teams but I don't think the nets are ever going to actually be healthy (they might still win out even if not though).

Soaking of Nets, does Blake get a new contract next year? What does that look like?

I would be shocked if he gets more than mid-level exception, because the Pistons are still paying him

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I genuinely don't know, is Blake worth a MLE at this point? Or is he utterly cooked because of his explosiveness being gone due to injuries?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I genuinely don't know, is Blake worth a MLE at this point? Or is he utterly cooked because of his explosiveness being gone due to injuries?

I don't think i would give him a full MLE but he looked a lot bouncier with the Nets. I think what probably happens is that he signs to close to the minimum to stay with them and go for a ring since he's already getting his big contract from the Pistons

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
What was cooked about him? He's not jumping over a Kia Blake, but he was legit defending against Giannis, dunking, and still able to shoot some 3s. This is the best he's looked in years.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Vinestalk posted:

What was cooked about him? He's not jumping over a Kia Blake, but he was legit defending against Giannis, dunking, and still able to shoot some 3s. This is the best he's looked in years.

I agree he looked fine but he was also putting up 10 ppg on 20 mpg and MLE guys are like, jae crowder, dillon brooks, kyle anderson

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

hifi posted:

I agree he looked fine but he was also putting up 10 ppg on 20 mpg and MLE guys are like, jae crowder, dillon brooks, kyle anderson

That's basically what those guys were averaging (or worse) when they signed their deals though. Brooks is the exception, but he wanted to stay and he was an RFA anyway

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

That's basically what those guys were averaging (or worse) when they signed their deals though. Brooks is the exception, but he wanted to stay and he was an RFA anyway

Those guys have way more defensive value though

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MourningView posted:

Those guys have way more defensive value though

Gotta pay more when you're buying name brand instead of generic

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Blake's got some leverage that Brooklyn can really use him and he's a known quantity for that team, but something like 1 + 1 player option minimum contract would make sense given the situation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The free agent market is so bad that I won't be shocked if Blake gets an MLE offer.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmW6gyWd0-8

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

owns

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Rick posted:

The free agent market is so bad that I won't be shocked if Blake gets an MLE offer.

I get that achilles injuries can be brutal but the nets really shouldve tried to keep david nwaba

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is worse than epic rap battles

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mom's spaghetti

Urethane
Dec 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1410634202693967876?s=21

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Half-assed Matrix parodies and Speedy Gonzales, two things I thought that I'd never see again

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Becoming one of those guys who was convinced that Wade was better than Lebron.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
LeBron has strayed from god's light and must repent

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I meant mid-level exception is an absolute ceiling, like there’s no way any team would give him more money than that, the 5 million or $3 million deal is so much more likely

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's a gamble, but worse guys are gonna get the MLE this year, so I'm not sure it's a bad gamble.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Becoming one of those guys who was convinced that Wade was better than Lebron.

The Cube is much cooler than this bullshit

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Porky Pig in E-40 cosplay, you hate to see it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i hope the rap battle is 20 minutes long and also the climax of the movie

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://mobile.twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1410976218740973568

This will probably make the Sixers Posters very upset

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
That's some big shade thrown at Brogdon, who played some real fantastic ball before the break this year.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Why would that be upsetting? Seems fine to have that offer as a baseline even if it isn't one they'd accept.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol the pacers wanted to trade for Ben Simmons when they have 2 centers on the roster already.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was reading the reddit about the browser game BasketballGM and someone was asking for advice because they created a custom character with Ben Simmons's stats and set it as a PG and after a season or two the game kept moving it to forward or even center

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I was reading the reddit about the browser game BasketballGM and someone was asking for advice because they created a custom character with Ben Simmons's stats and set it as a PG and after a season or two the game kept moving it to forward or even center

Imagine that!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

lol the pacers wanted to trade for Ben Simmons when they have 2 centers on the roster already.

Aren't they actively shopping literally everyone on that roster though?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This is such a potentially depressing offseason for so many teams. Every roster I look at it seems someone good is going to need to either get paid or is gonna leave and the replacement options all suck and so few teams have actual cap space.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Rick posted:

This is such a potentially depressing offseason for so many teams. Every roster I look at it seems someone good is going to need to either get paid or is gonna leave and the replacement options all suck and so few teams have actual cap space.

The FA class sucks but it feels like the teams with actual cap space are going to get guys on really good deals.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
mike conley sign and trade for ben simmons who says no

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

MourningView posted:

mike conley sign and trade for ben simmons who says no

Ben Simmons seems like the player you absolutely cannot ever play next to Gobert but you probably know that and are just loving with those Honest Folks who will take you seriously!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kingcobweb posted:

Ben Simmons seems like the player you absolutely cannot ever play next to Gobert but you probably know that and are just loving with those Honest Folks who will take you seriously!

I mean they played him with Favors forever which is way worse and were usually good in the regularly season. They could stagger them a lot and use Simmons as the center when teams try to go small in the playoffs as a different look. I dunno Conley is old and hurt all the time and Jazz need someone who can guard on the perimiter so bad lol