Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I really don't know what to make of Pogacar - it seems too unreal.

Someone dug out a physiology paper that was almost certainly done on UAE riders and 1 stood out for having phenomenal lactate clearance so he could just be a genetic freak but then this is cycling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/philgaimon/status/1411344326244769793

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
That has to be a record on the colombier, right? I'm looking forward to comparisons to alaphilippe and some of the earlier totally clean and not at all suspicious 00s and 90s times.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I don't get why anyone has issues with ketones?

Whats next? "Revealed! the secret compound ineos are using: carbs"

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
WvA at 1:48, Lutsenko at 4:38, Urán at 4:46, everyone else at least 5 mins up after the first mountain stage. Lmao.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I don't get why anyone has issues with ketones?

Whats next? "Revealed! the secret compound ineos are using: carbs"

I think its just a code word. Like how 'vegan diet' was for tennis players.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1411332364584767491?s=20

It was a harder stage up to this in 2009 though (at least by profile, today was raced insanely hard I guess).

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
It would have been interesting to see if uninjured Rog could’ve followed Pog today.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Phil Gaimon is one bitter motherfucker

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Pogacar :stare:

He's going to win every jersey except green. He's going to win the next 10 of these.

This was more impressive than Froome destroying everyone at the Giro a few years ago, which was to post impressive feat I had seen in a cycling race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
we all love the pog and his superhuman slovene blood

That was the coolest poo poo I've seen since Ricco on the Col d'Aspin

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He could win green if all the sprinters keep missing the cut. Reinstatement costs you all your points in all classifications.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

hes going to lap the grupetto on ventoux

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

hes going to lap the grupetto on ventoux

Yes please

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Have the sprinters finished yet?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
MvdP only just got in now at 21.39 down lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Time limit is 36 minutes.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Have the sprinters finished yet?

Not according to PCS. 60 riders in, last time was 28:41

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

peanut- posted:

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1411332364584767491?s=20

It was a harder stage up to this in 2009 though (at least by profile, today was raced insanely hard I guess).

Looks like he's up there with confirmed clean lads Contador and the Schlecks. Thank goodness I thought it'd be a drugs cheat like Froome.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

31:25, still not a single sprinter :sickos:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol this group finish owns

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
87 MICHAL KWIATKOWSKI 25 INEOS GRENADIERS 04h 29' 36'' + 00h 34' 55''

Half the tour will need reinstating.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh man we didn't get the grupetto time cut

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Smirr posted:

31:25, still not a single sprinter :sickos:

How can you act like this is funny when it's going to guarantee Michael Matthews the green jersey.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol at the size of that grupetto

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Cav rolled over with roglic according to pcs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

StarkingBarfish posted:

'we haven't seen a tour de france like this in years' and 'otherworldly' are very much commentator code for 'he's on the blood bags'

This is what you see in a Tour that isn't controlled by a "super team" all on the sauce ie the boring US Postal & Team Sky years. in between those 2 we had exciting tours like this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was as absurd as AX 3 Domaines 2013 except much cooler because I get to see Tadej Pogacar and not Richie Porte killing everyone

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'm hearing froome wasn't with the sprinters

edit:nvm he's just appeared on pcs

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 3, 2021

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Carlton Kirby acting like someone died in this stage when they were all going batshit for A3D/Ventoux 2013 and La Pierre Saint Martin 2015. I love it

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

African AIDS cum posted:

This is what you see in a Tour that isn't controlled by a "super team" all on the sauce ie the boring US Postal & Team Sky years. in between those 2 we had exciting tours like this

True, it's amazing the difference it makes from just a pack of riders just sitting at the head of peloton and shutting poo poo down. I'm enjoying it.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Nice to see pogi sit up and gift the stage podium. No way would armstrong or froome have done that.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Far from an expert on these things but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy when someone looks that dominant.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Roblo posted:

Far from an expert on these things but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy when someone looks that dominant.

I mean it was exciting.

As I said earlier, if this had been done by someone in a Sky shirt the cycling press would be on fire right now.

Rojkir
Jun 26, 2007

WARNING:I AM A FASCIST PIECE OF SHIT.
Police beatings get me hard
I don't know, seems to me like just super smart racing. He left a literal sickbay when marging up the road, said in an interview he didn't even plan this but the race kinda unfolded that way. I can agree with that. And yeah, climbing times are pretty spicy but if you go you have to commit, which he did. It's totally different in a race that unflods differently, you can't compare. If he set a record by not 8 seconds but a minute or something you have grounds for sus.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Also every other contender is either injured/out/way down on GC due to crashes (Roglic, Thomas, Lopez, Martinez, Haig), a million years old (Nibali, Uran) or a massive wasteman (Carapaz)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

I mean it was exciting.

As I said earlier, if this had been done by someone in a Sky shirt the cycling press would be on fire right now.

Lol yeah the same sycophant press that ate up all Brailsford's PR bullshit lies

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Just watched the highlights and love to see Woods ride right off the road and then Tadej’s disgusting attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Poggy might be on some secret Slovenian power juice but he’s shown himself to be a special talent and not a former wasteman suddenly dropping world class climbers whilst in zone 1 because of “marginal gains”.

In short, the Sky train years were horrible and I’m glad they’re over.