Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he’s also been in Showtime tv series for like 10 years now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

haveblue posted:

he’s got a recurring MCU gig, he could probably never work a day in his life again if he wants

Terrence Howard gave up his spot on the gravy train, lol

oh yeah i havent watched those, i guess thats why i havent seen him in years lol

indigi posted:

he’s also been in Showtime tv series for like 10 years now

oh! gonna check this out

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 2, 2021

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
wait what mcu movies is he in?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

he plays black iron man

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wait what mcu movies is he in?

like half of them

Casual Encountess posted:

he plays black iron man

in all the movies except the first iron man, where TH played that character

he bailed because he thought comic book movies were stupid bullshit for kids that would never amount to anything, and he was only half right

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I thought terrence howard got booted from the rhodes role because he was talking poo poo about beating his kids

e: no, salary dispute

quote:

Terrence Howard did not reprise his role in Iron Man 2 due to a salary dispute with Marvel Studios. According to Howard, he was set to earn $8 million in the second film, only to be informed by Marvel that he would only be paid $1 million as they believed the sequel would be successful with or without him. When Howard refused to accept the offer, Don Cheadle was offered the $1 million to replace Howard.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

tune???

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what

the tune playing in the very late matrix parody? its from the matrix soundtrack

e: i didnt read the tweet and will let the above stand as a pillar to my shame. lmao that their social media intern wasnt briefed on how to spell toon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they’re Toons

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

they don’t have the trademark on toon

also its “looney tunes”

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
loonard j tunes

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
That trailer has made me consider whether we were all rooting for the wrong side in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

I thought terrence howard got booted from the rhodes role because he was talking poo poo about beating his kids

e: no, salary dispute

yeah they kinda hosed him over, but terrence howard is also thoroughly insane and apparently has a reputation of being extremely difficult to work with, it wouldn't surprise me if they just wanted him gone

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ah gently caress sake, im tryin to play basketball with this fuckin choon man

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

*does a double take, sees the H* oh phew

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

indigi posted:

*does a double take, sees the H* oh phew

u clearly have neither the poison nor the remedy

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

I saw a trailer for space jam and it looks like the most soulless cynical focus group cross brand marketing spreadsheet exercise since ready player one

glad don cheadle is getting work though, I like him

he looks like he's in pain lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should have just got E 40 to write and perform that bit

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i just watched the ds9 doc “what we left behind” on the recs from this thread and it was really very good. if you like the star trek you should watch it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Why would anyone make this in 2021?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

PCjr sidecar posted:

they don’t have the trademark on toon

also its “looney tunes”

yes because like merry melodies weren't the cartoons mostly an excuse to use their extensive catalogues of classical music

i am surprisingly cross at trying to redefine tune

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

forever purge continues the tradition of being the least subtle metaphor
fun watch tho

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's only a car toon if it involves an automobile

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

Why would anyone make this in 2021?

its fine, theyre going for a 30+ target audience

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i just watched the ds9 doc “what we left behind” on the recs from this thread and it was really very good. if you like the star trek you should watch it.

hell yeah! how'd that minute of marc alaimo cringe hit you lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

oh! gonna check this out

I haven’t watched Black Monday (which I’ve heard is good) but I really enjoyed House of Lies and felt like it had a pretty darn satisfying ending (even though the final plot line involves trying to open up Cuba to capitalist investment from the Koch Brother analogues [first American show to ever film in Cuba which is cool though])

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

its fine, theyre going for a 30+ target audience
The audience of 30+ people who saw the matrix but then immediately went into a coma for 10 years so they aren't still incredibly tired of gratuitous matrix parodies in every single movie?

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I'm guessing it's just that the script for Space Jam 2 is twenty years old and it's been in development hell for that long. Or at least this scene is.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I double featured the man with the iron fists and the warriors last night, both worth the watch although I forgot how stupidly gory the first one was [it’s basically an eli roth movie]

matti
Mar 31, 2019

the early aughts have been in fashion for a while now

its "meta"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah! how'd that minute of marc alaimo cringe hit you lol

it was worth it for the funny when nana visitor said “anyone but Marc Alaimo” instead of “anyone but Gul Dukat”

and then realizing “… hey, she’s sitting as far away from him as she possibly can during this interview” 🤔

really threw him under the bus with the editing there

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
and as far as ds9 itself actually goes, we made it through all the treks from kirk to bakula during the pandemic and while I really liked tng when I was a kid and it was on, it doesn’t hold up as well as ds9 these days. it’s still good but when you can watch stuff all at once the serialization of ds9 makes a big difference in terms of the character arcs and the overall plot.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Doom Mathematic posted:

I'm guessing it's just that the script for Space Jam 2 is twenty years old and it's been in development hell for that long. Or at least this scene is.

sure as gently caress feels like it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tng gets all the nostalgia but suffers from "oh it's great! as long as you skip seasons 1 and 2, and these other 18 random really bad episodes" syndrome.

ds9 had no real weak spots whatsoever, they just didn't realize what they could get away with earlier on. once you get into s3+ it really finds its footing. in the pale moonlight seems hammy now but it's real good

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

I've enjoyed tng since I was a kid and I'm watching ds9 through for the first time now, and while it is good and I enjoy it, there is just as much stuff that should be skipped in s1

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

I've enjoyed tng since I was a kid and I'm watching ds9 through for the first time now, and while it is good and I enjoy it, there is just as much stuff that should be skipped in s1

move along home

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I like that they made Keiko (who was, in all honesty, the loving worst in S1) into a legitimately p.deece character after that.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i used to dislike keiko but she's one of the most reasonable and human people on ds9. obrien's kind of an rear end in a top hat. that being said they do the best they can and its probably the most realistic relationship depicted in all of trek

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jonny 290 posted:

i used to dislike keiko but she's one of the most reasonable and human people on ds9. obrien's kind of an rear end in a top hat. that being said they do the best they can and its probably the most realistic relationship depicted in all of trek

I haven't watched enough TNG (or watched it recently enough) but it seems weird that they included her as a character if her writing on TNG was as bad as it was in DS9 S1. Although if it wasn't that bad it's then weird that it regressed then re-improved, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I disliked Jadzia towards the end of DS9, it felt like they gave up on her character likely because she wanted to quit.

I also don't like Worf but that's less story related and more me related.