Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao @ Iron Man filming 2 Girls 1 Cup in his full suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Bout fukkin time for turner and hooch. Kinda surprised they haven't done the whole belushi filmography already

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Turner and Hooch is Tom Hanks. You're thinking of K-9. Which they did way back in 2011.

But they do need to do more Belushi movies, I'd love a WLM on Thief.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

...poo poo

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I love the Jackassmentary because they're all belly laughing, cracking jokes, and having a great time right up until Jupin has a Dead Zone-esque vision and asks aloud if this is the one with the paper cuts.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I love the Jackassmentary because they're all belly laughing, cracking jokes, and having a great time right up until Jupin has a Dead Zone-esque vision and asks aloud if this is the one with the paper cuts.

I started watching it this morning and holy gently caress I forgot how funny this stuff is. My sides hurt from laughing so hard and I'm in tears.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Like 15-20 minutes of just the boys talking about sex scenes in marvel movies. We get it boys.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dorium posted:

Like 15-20 minutes of just the boys talking about sex scenes in marvel movies. We get it boys.

yeah lol it was a bit much this time.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Very blue episode but that's what the patreon dollars are for!

E: Joe Biden as a talking carrot is incredible

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 3, 2021

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Paul Bettany going on safari at Disney World and accidentally finding Mark Wahlberg is an incredible bit.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I think Enter the Ninja dropped off Amazon Prime the same day they released the commentary. But it just showed up on Hoopla if you’ve got a library card.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Deleter posted:

Very blue episode but that's what the patreon dollars are for!

E: Joe Biden as a talking carrot is incredible

'I'm a little part eggplant too...uh oh I'm cancelled!'

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Took me way too long to figure out the Biden impression.

Trump impression > Biden impression

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I don’t think I have ever heard Biden speak, now that I think about it.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Arson Daily posted:

Took me way too long to figure out the Biden impression.

Trump impression > Biden impression
The Trump Impression is honestly just the Colbert Trump impression.

Biden impressions are actually hard to do and they authentically found one which was nice even if it's basically Harry Caray + Clint Eastwood.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's more an energy than the exact tone of voice that they nail, I feel.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

It's more an energy than the exact tone of voice that they nail, I feel.

There was a lot of energy in “hey listeners…see!” Then a smash edit back to calmer voices. I bet there were a few more minutes after that sentence that didn’t make it into the episode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Felix Biederman’s Biden is perfect because he doesn’t even try the voice but nails his unique soup brained dialogue in a scary way.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
All the president impressions are good. The Dubya impression kind of baffles me but it’s still funny though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A good Biden impression lives and dies by quite a bit of stammering, repetition and old timer poo poo like "Listen here, Jack!"

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Timeless Appeal posted:

The Trump Impression is honestly just the Colbert Trump impression.

Biden impressions are actually hard to do and they authentically found one which was nice even if it's basically Harry Caray + Clint Eastwood.

Eric’s Trump impression is honestly the best

I’m glad they finally did a WLM on Iron Man, but they still had a hard time containing the hate for marvel movies. I think they’ve beaten that dead horse enough, it’s time to let let it go. I understand they don’t like them, but enough of the “THEY RUINED MOVIES AND THEY’RE SOULLESS GARBAGE I WISH THEY WERE NEVER MADE” schtick.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They genuinely seemed to love Iron Man 1 though and my takeaway was they like marvel movies but want them to be more like IM1, when they didn't all have to be huge over the top spectacles dealing with world ending consequences and fitting in marvel cameos wherever they could. You know, before they became soulless garbage that ruined movies forever and shouldn't have been made :shobon:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Iron Man 1 isn't flawless but it's a fun enough watch and doesn't feel like the exhausting advertisement that the movies turned into at like, Age of Ultron onwards. I can see well enough why the boys like it. The episode's worth it for how blue they get and their Jeff Bridges jokes!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I like IRON MAN well enough, but it is funny to see that from the start Marvel movies had weak third acts. The stuff with Bridges never really gets off the ground, though it makes sense given they started filming without a finished script, I don't know what excuses they have now.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Being forced into release schedules that will not move for anything short of a global pandemic?

I mean that's not a good excuse, but...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

GPTribefan posted:

I’m glad they finally did a WLM on Iron Man, but they still had a hard time containing the hate for marvel movies. I think they’ve beaten that dead horse enough, it’s time to let let it go. I understand they don’t like them, but enough of the “THEY RUINED MOVIES AND THEY’RE SOULLESS GARBAGE I WISH THEY WERE NEVER MADE” schtick.

explosivo posted:

They genuinely seemed to love Iron Man 1 though and my takeaway was they like marvel movies but want them to be more like IM1, when they didn't all have to be huge over the top spectacles dealing with world ending consequences and fitting in marvel cameos wherever they could. You know, before they became soulless garbage that ruined movies forever and shouldn't have been made :shobon:

I think they had a vaguely positive view on the MCU in general when it was starting and progressively got sick of it as it ran on and on. They specifically called out Iron Man 3 as being good in the Iron Man 2 episode, and I think they mostly liked the first Avengers movie at the time.

One small thing about Iron Man is that it doesn't have the cookiecutter desaturated look of the future movies that made long stretches of them look like gray smears.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

GPTribefan posted:

Yeah, I don't think the voice is original, but he really gets the cadence and little nuances that elevate it. He's really good at improving Trump's weird turns of phrases.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s like Eric’s only good impression. Which I find extra funny.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It's Eric's only impression that doesn't morph into Schwarzenegger after three seconds

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Lemon posted:

It's Eric's only impression that doesn't morph into Schwarzenegger after three seconds

Or Dracula.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Also the Iron Man/Iron Man 2 has taught me a valuable lesson - the gang's sex jokes are very funny, Eric's sex jokes are terrible.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
I find the gang are often pretty fickle and the Marvel movies are a good example. In pretty much every On Screen episode on a Marvel movie they love it. Even Infinity War I remember everyone liking except Cabin.

It's sort of the same thing with Batman films. I'm pretty sure they ranked them in one of their Schumacher Batman episodes way back and all put Dark Knight as top. But not just top - top by a country mile, as if there could never be a contest. Then in their WLM episodes for 1989 and Returns they all put those top.

I just think they're a bit easily swayed.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

OrthoTrot posted:

I find the gang are often pretty fickle and the Marvel movies are a good example. In pretty much every On Screen episode on a Marvel movie they love it. Even Infinity War I remember everyone liking except Cabin.

It's sort of the same thing with Batman films. I'm pretty sure they ranked them in one of their Schumacher Batman episodes way back and all put Dark Knight as top. But not just top - top by a country mile, as if there could never be a contest. Then in their WLM episodes for 1989 and Returns they all put those top.

I just think they're a bit easily swayed.

They're often comparing something they haven't seen in forever to something they just watched the day before, it's not going to be consistent.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Sometimes, opinions on media can change over time and this is not a bad thing.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I know this is kind of an odd thing to say but I think the guys just aren't that nerdy. Like I think they're a fun group of friends who met when they were nerdy teenagers and made a podcast where they regress into dirtbags and make jokes about Data jerking off and stretch their improv skills. But I get the sense that outside of the podcast, they're like homeowners pushing forty, and are also pretty knowledgable and thoughtful about film.

It's kinda what makes the show good to me.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Timeless Appeal posted:

I know this is kind of an odd thing to say but I think the guys just aren't that nerdy. Like I think they're a fun group of friends who met when they were nerdy teenagers and made a podcast where they regress into dirtbags and make jokes about Data jerking off and stretch their improv skills. But I get the sense that outside of the podcast, they're like homeowners pushing forty, and are also pretty knowledgable and thoughtful about film.

It's kinda what makes the show good to me.

How are you defining nerd here? Like if you mean someone who has a hobby/interest that they have a great deal of knowledge on, they're all film nerds. Steve is the only comic book guy out of the four of them, but he's definitely a comic book nerd.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Red Bones posted:

How are you defining nerd here? Like if you mean someone who has a hobby/interest that they have a great deal of knowledge on, they're all film nerds. Steve is the only comic book guy out of the four of them, but he's definitely a comic book nerd.
I just mean that I don't get the sense that they obsess over this poo poo.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
They're pretty nerdy. And they've been making fun of bad movies on the internet for like 12 years now

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
Going back to impression chat - I cannot hear Steve’s Jeff Bridges without picturing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

GPTribefan posted:

Going back to impression chat - I cannot hear Steve’s Jeff Bridges without picturing this

This is very correct.