Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Does elephant know about a different order to the rainbow that the rest of us do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Does elephant know about a different order to the rainbow that the rest of us do not

Elephants have not forgotten the Secret Colors, the ones that drove the old world to madness.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

having not read the premise, i was not mentally prepared for that first episode of Re-MAIN. what a weird way to do your sports show lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kageki Shoujo looking pretty good. Hard to go wrong with a giant genki girl.

I can see why it took years of isekai adaptations for Realist Hero to get its turn. Characters sitting around talking about politics and economics works better in text.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Space Flower posted:

it's not the rainbow's fault. they could've avoided this problem by ordering it backwards or just skipping piss green because it's an ugly color. i had a pen that color as a kid and ive hated it ever since

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

elephant if your piss is green consult a doctor

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to finish Fairy Ranmaru eventually :colbert:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nitrousoxide posted:

Really was not enjoying EP1 of Peach boy. Ended up dropping it about halfway through. Maybe I'll come back and finish the episode later, but it took me about 45 minutes to watch the 12 minutes I did because I kept stopping it because I was so bored.

Ended up finishing episode one of peach boy. I guess there's a hook there. I'm still not terribly invested, and hearing that it's out of chronological order just further puts off watching it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The octopus thing in peach boy ep1 was really loving weird.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Reik posted:

The octopus thing in peach boy ep1 was really loving weird.

Yeah it comes out of nowhere and I'm like "I guess this is a hentai now"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

look at who the authors are

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Peachboy episode 1 very much is a Coolkyousinnjya anime

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Davincie posted:

look at who the authors are

*Sees Kobayashi's Dragon Maid*

Ahhh it's all clear now. It makes perfect sense.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no, we still need the flashback to why she has octopus trauma

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
the only plus the twewy anime brings is twister in amq

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

elephant if your piss is green consult a doctor

should i consult a doctor if my poo poo is green

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol spider finished.

kater fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 4, 2021

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Willo567 posted:

should i consult a doctor if my poo poo is green
stop eating playdough consult a doctor if that doesn't clear it up.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Terrible Opinions posted:

stop eating playdough consult a doctor if that doesn't clear it up.

i think it came from a cupcake i had at my nephew's birthday party

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Willo567 posted:

i think it came from a cupcake i had at my nephew's birthday party

Yeah, food coloring will do that. It's pretty much a non-issue, but it does look even grosser than usual. Which is saying something, considering the usual is still, you know.

Poop.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Spider finished on a high note.

I'm currently watching Record of Ragnorok, I like how it makes pretty effective use of limited animation to really sell the action and dramatic tension. Although I imagine I am missing out on some good face expressions.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Raenir Salazar posted:

Spider finished on a high note.
I enjoyed Kumo's Vaguely Arnoldian Joke about Potimas.

Spider did a great job of resolving a lot of the S1 questions, but introducing enough to make a S2 engaging. There's still some Time Skip stuff that needs to catch up.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

There is a lot of cool stuff coming up if they make a season 2 of Kumo, including a greatly reduced amount of human stuff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

IShallRiseAgain posted:

There is a lot of cool stuff coming up if they make a season 2 of Kumo, including a greatly reduced amount of human stuff.
Summer Season 2021: gently caress Ningen

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hell, Getter could have been a lot worse! There's lots of primo ugly old men in it and against all odds they gave us a new OP! The CGI actually looks pretty good too!

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Watched the first (two?) episode(s?) of The Detective Is Already Dead

I am not sure that the people who made this know what a "detective" is.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

Watched the first (two?) episode(s?) of The Detective Is Already Dead

I am not sure that the people who made this know what a "detective" is.

Detectives have a hundred mechanical fingers and an electrical eyeball, right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Detective Is Already Dead struck me as the most light novel thing I've ever seen.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I should watch Getter Armageddon before watching Arc right? I've only watched New Getter Robo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sindai posted:

The Detective Is Already Dead struck me as the most light novel thing I've ever seen.

Surely nothing on earth could be more light novel than Violet Evergarden.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I should watch Getter Armageddon before watching Arc right? I've only watched New Getter Robo.

Getter Robo Arc is connected to the manga, so I would recommend reading it in chronological order (Getter Robo, Getter Robo G, Getter Robo Go, Shin Getter Robo).

Getter Robo Armageddon and New Getter Robo are standalone entries, as is Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

All of the Getter OVAs are their own standalone things while Arc is the last entry in the Getter manga line.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Thanks for the Fairy Ranmaru post :tipshat:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

i didn't really get a big LN whiff off VE outside of the daddy issues child soldier thing, granted i couldn't manage to finish it either

dead detective is basically throwing everything at the wall in the first ep though. like 1:1 transposition of LN internal monologuing, the whole detective thing trying to lend it that air of cleverness, mc inexplicably in middle school, whack poo poo like evil cyborg organizations and magic blood, forceful and teasing relationship between the girl and guy, and a short school festival interlude where they turn to the camera and talk about how much like a romcom this all is a couple times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Violet Evergarden was a lot of things but it didnt have the veneer of self-conscious irony most mediocre LNs do.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kyoani rewrites so much the content of the original ln is hardly relevant anyway

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

kater posted:

Horizon on the Edge of Nowhere?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ain't nothing light about horizon

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Tbh New Getter Robo most closely adapts the storyline that precedes Arc so just pretend the demons became bug aliens from the far future at some point and it'll mostly make sense I bet. Or read teh manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Duke of Death and His Black Maid has the worst CG since Berserk 2016. Hard recommend to read the manga instead.