Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lue on the outside getting stepped over is sad/hilarious.

morestuff posted:

The FA class sucks but it feels like the teams with actual cap space are going to get guys on really good deals.

Yeah, there are some bargains for sure out there to be had due to the lack of a bidding war.

There is a reality where the Knicks instead of giving Chris Paul or DeRozan all their money just pick up several guys for just slightly more than the MLE and end up extremely deep but that would mean the world has really changed.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Simmons for Wiggins and the 7, maybe Wiseman too if they want to move Howard out of the backup center spot, does that fulfill the "all-star" criteria the Sixers have established?

E: for some reason I thought Wiggins had made the all star team

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

In terms of winning now, they'd be far better off with Brogdon than that trade. I love Wiggins, but Philly seems like a bad fit.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Wiggins on the sixers would be p cool if they could move Tobias tbh

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Simmons and Draymond together wouldn’t work so would probably have to move him. But please god no Simmons

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 2, 2021

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

Simmons and Draymond together wouldn’t work so would probably have to move him. But please god no Simmons

A Steph/Klay? Poole more likely? Galaxy Brain: Dinwiddie?/Oubre/Simmons/Green Warriors would be hilarious, and as a Warriors hater, that's what I'm looking for

I Before E fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 3, 2021

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Let’s get weird trade option: Simmons, Harris, and a 2023 top 10 protected first for Dame, Nurk, and RoCo.

Portland only makes that move if Dame is gone, but if he wants out Simmons+Harris+a 1st or 2 2nds probably is competitive with the best offers out there, Philly gets their top tier playmaker and an upgrade at backup C/a competent help defender.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

They asked for an all star and for their sins they will get one

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
A multi-team trade where the only clear winners are the Kings would be an interesting thing to happen in the NBA.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Part 2 of the Secret Base Cavs series https://youtu.be/CoSazDGyOz0

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://mobile.twitter.com/dmorey/status/1411339391436574723

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
FIBA U19 Basketvall World Cup games are on YouTube for those who are interested. Watching Spain beat up Argentina rn.

Spain has a C named Jeffery Godspower.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 3, 2021

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a rare dub for morey on twitter

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/erikslaternr/status/1411144949832339456

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Free Kevin Love.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why do centimillionaires have to room together in Las Vegas

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

indigi posted:

Two possibilities.

Stupid dorm room team building bullshit, if this is true of all the NBA athletes.

Otherwise, recruitment, so less "they have to" and more "hey if I convince this dude to hang, and we have fun, maybe he'll come to my team in free agency."

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

buddy system so it's harder to do anything really stupid

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
hey hawks fans :wave:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm excited to see what the next few seasons hold for this team. Phenomenal to watch at their best.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Rooming with cool guys is fun and exciting.

e: especially for short-term situations I mean.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Rooming with cool guys is fun and exciting.

e: especially for short-term situations I mean.

But what about rooming with Kevin love

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

They leaked a rejected trade, it kinda establishes a floor, so I don't see the issue. I love Brodgon but I'd worry about his injury history combined with Embiid's. He's a better fit with an iron man like Jokic.

All it takes is one team to want him, I'm sure someone out there thinks they can fix him. In the end I think the Sixers will get more than we expect.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I suspect that if the offensive foul rule changes end up being enforced this could have been the peak for this hawks team but who knows.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I suspect that if the offensive foul rule changes end up being enforced this could have been the peak for this hawks team but who knows.

Trae was good even when his free throw rate was a lot lower and they're stupid young. Trae, Huerter, Collins, Hunter (who didn't even play), Okongwu, and Reddish all haven't hit what should be their peak years yet and should get a lot better. Even Bogdan and Capela are still under 30. The only older guy in that core is Gallo.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I thought Collins was basically a guarantee to walk for some reason. Wasn’t there a bunch of smoke about Atlanta not wanting to pay him?

You’re probably right in any case

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Atlanta in a spot to replace him with someone better?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I don’t think so I just distinctly recall some articles implying they didn’t think he’s worth maxing out

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

I don’t think so I just distinctly recall some articles implying they didn’t think he’s worth maxing out

Just got to bite the bullet at this point, got to have balls of steel to willingly lose talent after making the conference Finals

morestuff fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jul 4, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Atlanta in a spot to replace him with someone better?

Well I think that was sort of the idea behind drafting Okongwu to some extent.

They could let Collins walk (I would not max him, personally) and my point about them being loaded with good young players is still true

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

If they were an older team that was gonna tear down in a year or two when their championship window closes, there'd be a certain logic to giving him the max, even if it is overpaying. But with their roster as it is now, it feels like giving him that deal means that they're gonna end up being worse in the future when they can't give it to someone who will actually play up to that contract.

Letting someone walk because another team is gonna overpay them is one of the things that good organizations do that bad organizations cannot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I thought Collins was basically a guarantee to walk for some reason. Wasn’t there a bunch of smoke about Atlanta not wanting to pay him?

You’re probably right in any case

If the hawks renounce everyone this summer, (they won't) they have 33m in cap space. But there's no one to sign with that money. And they don't have much to trade unless they want to hollow out the team that just got to the conference finals. I assume they re-sign him

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

If the hawks renounce everyone this summer, (they won't) they have 33m in cap space. But there's no one to sign with that money. And they don't have much to trade unless they want to hollow out the team that just got to the conference finals. I assume they re-sign him

Yeah, and this is their last summer with anything resembling cap space before they have to max out Trae. Unless they can really get something great back in a sign-and-trade, they're better off just keeping Collins around even if it's an overpay. Even if somebody sent them a 2-3 solid players you're probably just taking away minutes from your already solid players

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Seems like it totally depends on how much luxury tax Atlanta’s ownership wants to pay. I could see them going “gently caress it lets spend some cash” after this playoff run (that would have gone even further if Trae hadn’t gotten hurt).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

morestuff posted:

Yeah, and this is their last summer with anything resembling cap space before they have to max out Trae. Unless they can really get something great back in a sign-and-trade, they're better off just keeping Collins around even if it's an overpay. Even if somebody sent them a 2-3 solid players you're probably just taking away minutes from your already solid players

This is why I wouldn't give him the max, I would much rather spend that money elsewhere and see if Cam, Hurter and Hunter can replace that production.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dexo posted:

This is why I wouldn't give him the max, I would much rather spend that money elsewhere and see if Cam, Hurter and Hunter can replace that production.

If the free agent class was better I'd agree but I'd still rather have John Collins to trade later than like Evan Fournier

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Apparently an idea ESPN is floating is thus

OKC receives:
#4 Pick
Aron Baynes for salary purposes

TOR receives:
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, then offers him mad duckets

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Apparently an idea ESPN is floating is thus

OKC receives:
#4 Pick
Aron Baynes for salary purposes

TOR receives:
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, then offers him mad duckets

lmao Shai is better than literally anyone outside of Cade/Mobley in this draft. Those two are the only ones where I would even think about trading Shai for a single pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dexo posted:

lmao Shai is better than literally anyone outside of Cade/Mobley in this draft. Those two are the only ones where I would even think about trading Shai for a single pick.

Yeah, OKC would have to plan on bringing in some big money talent to even justify it, then be drat sure one of the Jalens was gonna be there and pan out, although I guess it could be one of those "You pick him for us, then the trade is complete" deals

Sports media loves to do "Big talent wants to go home" narratives. I'd lose my poo poo if it happened though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 4, 2021