Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have an issue: I kind of need to pee. But I am comfy, and do not wish to get up. Is blockchain the solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
not the best solution. bitcoin is #2

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
that is a poop joke

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Splicer posted:

I have an issue: I kind of need to pee. But I am comfy, and do not wish to get up. Is blockchain the solution?

boss: "jenkins i see you have been pissing more on company time"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Deep Dox

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

this tweet is unavailable

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Midjack posted:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Midjack posted:

well at least they thought better of it

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

they were getting ratio’d hard, which is still good for Bitcoin, but not that good.

it’s a shame too, I’d really like to see how blockchain fixes the grossly broken and insecure tcp/ip protocol that every #blockchain implementation rests entirely upon

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
a lot of bitcoiners genuinely think that bitcoin is operating on a different system from everything else on the internet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
look, they just need to make a layer 3 implementation of blockchain, then run everything on that

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Well this is the dumbest take in a good while, wow.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmaoooooo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The real stupid assholes conference

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

christ, those poor kids: At a summer camp, juice boxes and bitcoin mining

quote:

In a sign of the bubbling enthusiasm for digital currencies, the Crypto Kids Camp began Monday in a warehouse in a busy port district. Over five days, the camp combines activities that would be common at any summer camp with a crash course in how to think about, buy and even mine bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

This week, 26 kids ages 5 to 17 participated, on the idea that no one is too young to join the bitcoin economy. Most were non-white, as part of an intentional push by the organizers.

Roberts, 50, founded her nonprofit camp in 2019 after several years as a bitcoin investor and entrepreneur. She owns a business in nearby Inglewood where people can get in-person help to buy two digital currencies, bitcoin and ethereum — an unusual retail presence for a digital currency exchange.

“That’s what we need to focus on: taking this into the inner cities so that kids, during their breaks, can get a taste of the emerging technologies,” she said. “We really wanted to help the Black and brown communities close the wealth gap.”

this just all seems to be a thing to garner press coverage for Najah Roberts business: https://cryptoblockchainplug.com/.

edit: also it's nothing really but the crypto kids camp website says "© 2023 Crypto Kids Camp. All Rights Reserved." in the page footer lol https://www.cryptokidscamp.org/

edit2: this about page lmao https://cryptoblockchainplug.com/about-us/meet-najah/

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jul 4, 2021

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The kids are all going to die

Not because of a psycho killer but because it’s run by libertarians

Also the psycho killer cuz ditto

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Don't minority kids have it hard enough already?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Krypto Kids Kamp

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

if the end result is dead capitalists, heck sure I'm down

unfortunately, ship owners are not usually on the ship, and I don't have anything against sailors trying to make ends meet

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://mobile.twitter.com/RSAConference/status/1411480627455614991

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

"We are not blaming an intern"

lmao, well you weren't before that sentence!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Splicer posted:

Krypto Kids Kamp

uh oh, that's not good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

I am a Serial Entrepreneur, engineering and structuring select business ventures from beginning to success. I am a life changer and today making CRYPTstory.
:laffo:

also the part about losing 23 houses in the market crash

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i still can't fathom why anyone thinks being a "serial entrepreneur" is a positive thing.

people who were constantly trying to make new businesses were generally mocked for being failures up until what, the 90s?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Crypto Blockchain Plug is the preeminent bitcoin location in the area that hosts, countless classes, talks, events, and a trading floor for Crypto Virgins and Experienced Cryptopians alike. In Crypto they say: “Bitcoin to the Moon” and we are here to help the community ZIP UP their space suits.

i do not want my crypto virgin cherry popped :ohdear:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i like that the description of the crypto kids camp is just keyword jamming for some reason

quote:

Crypto Kids Camp
Blockchain, Evolution of Money , A.I., Security (Cyber), Technology, Mining/Machine Learning, Online Gaming, DApps, Engineering.

i can't decide whether i'm "security (cyber)" or "mining/machine learning"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does this krypto kid kamp™ also have a zipline?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Miners

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

May 2021, The Black Wall Street embarked on a monumental, 30-market financial literacy campaign and bus tour led by Najah Roberts and partner Hill Harper. The Black Wall Street Bus Tour is the first of its kind, focusing on Bitcoin education and adoption within Black and Brown Communities. The Black Wall Street DigitalWallet is deeply rooted in his commitment to addressing the digital divide and economically uplifting underserved communities by providing them with the tools and playbook to thrive – in the palms of their hands.

finally, black people's answer to escaping poverty: The Black Wall Street DigitalWallet brought to you by The Black Wall Street Bus Tour

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shame Boy posted:

i like that the description of the crypto kids camp is just keyword jamming for some reason

quote:

Crypto Kids Camp
Blockchain, Evolution of Money , A.I., Security (Cyber), Technology, Mining/Machine Learning, Online Gaming, DApps, Engineering.

i can't decide whether i'm "security (cyber)" or "mining/machine learning"

Ah yes, the many strong and well-known connections between bitcoin and AI, such as

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

real talk though, it's very depressing to see black people buying into the myth that they're just too stupid to know how to not be poor and if they just got some financial literacy they'd be fine

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Ah yes, the many strong and well-known connections between bitcoin and AI, such as

such as "mining/machine learning", duh

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I hear they're learning about critical race condition theory in programming camp!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

gschmidl posted:

I hear they're learning about critical race condition theory in programming camp!

Problem

A mass of fantastic races swirls in your head: desert pygmees playing with their own excrement, kojkos juggling potatoes, eczema ridden mauns grinning and dancing on wooden clogs. Everyone is there, the whole race gang, plus some that you may have come up with yourself: the thieving sub-kipts and the seolite cast of Fortunates hatching some kind of scheme. In the eye of this *race empyreon*, a vertigo reaching up to the heavens, you sense something... drawing nearer... nearer...

Solution

Everything is calm in the eye of the racestorm. Your mind is lucid and bright. The mindbending phylogenetics appear more distant and, to be fair, a little ridiculous. The great Race Mystery has cleared up. All that's left to do is to verbalize your thoughts - go and talk to Measurehead about your newly-found insights.

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

ultrafilter posted:

Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Miners

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/vandelaybtc/status/1409595819381166081?s=21

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

citation needed

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

so after the laser eyes the skin goes green. i assume soon he will calcify and the bitcoins will burst out of his body?

hyperbitcoinization is a fascinating process

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

so after the laser eyes the skin goes green. i assume soon he will calcify and the bitcoins will burst out of his body?

hyperbitcoinization is a fascinating process

devout bitcoiners are a bit like overripe potatoes, and similarly poisonous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

fffuuuuuuu :gonk: