Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm glad I spent most of Sunday in bed, it's way too cold to get to sleep tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Off to get my second AZ shot this morning. It's been a long wait.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Good luck Lolie.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

Good luck Lolie.

I didn't have any real reaction to the first one so I should be fine.

I'm more concerned about the level of effectiveness and what that means for me.

Early indications were that about 50% of people with blood cancers were non-responders and produced no antibodies. I'm hoping my haematologist will have up to date information on that when I see her in a couple of weeks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

When your football team plays My Boomerang Won't Come Back at half-time during a NAIDOC week match.

I hadn't listened to the song for decades (my dad used to listen to those "Dizzy Ditties" LPs with wacky songs like this when I was a kid) so I remembered it being pretty bad but I wasn't sure how bad, so I went back and listened to it yesterday and it's real real bad. Real goddamn minstrel stuff.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I hadn't listened to the song for decades (my dad used to listen to those "Dizzy Ditties" LPs with wacky songs like this when I was a kid) so I remembered it being pretty bad but I wasn't sure how bad, so I went back and listened to it yesterday and it's real real bad. Real goddamn minstrel stuff.

It was played on the radio quite regularly when I was young, as was Tie Me Kangaroo Down.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
35 new cases. 24 were already in isolation, which leaves a worrying number who weren't.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Lolie posted:

35 new cases. 24 were already in isolation, which leaves a worrying number who weren't.

Yep we aren't coming out of lockdown this week.

Let me rephrase that. We shouldn't come out of lockdown this week. Glad bag will try even though this is not under control.

At the shops today about half the people were not wearing masks.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I'm at the doctor's waiting for my jab now. Everyone is wearing masks but several people have them pulled down under their nose.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1411852699864240128

NSW Health says 33 linked, out of 35.

Shops yesterday briefly here, only saw two people without masks, near the carparks.

Looking out my window I see almost empty streets and masks everywhere. It's easy to be down about this situation but it's not like everyone is out there mouth-spitting. The vast majority of people are avoiding crowds, wearing masks in shops and following the suggestions. Retail, pubs. restaurants all being scaled back will already be making a big difference.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Sydney exceptionalism is a hell of a drug.

Meanwhile Queensland is still chasing up a leak from 3 weeks ago. It's the alpha strain, you know, nothing to worry about. Just the one that tore through the UK last winter.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

spaceblancmange posted:

There were plenty of media photos of people out and about yesterday. Even if they wear masks, they are still ignoring the lockdown order.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

well why not posted:

NSW Health says 33 linked, out of 35.

11 of them were out and about during some or all of their infectious period

https://twitter.com/NSWHealth/status/1411852715295051780

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

spaceblancmange posted:

Even the fuckin virus wants to live in the greater metro but it'll be priced out of all but the far west before you can say "buses replace trains due to track work"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
One of the new Baulkham Hills residents is unvaccinated.

Just had my second shot. Waiting to make sure I don't turn into the Hulk

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Mrs Spergo and I had to run up to Liverpool yesterday to do some shopping that we couldn't do locally to the shire (Udaya indian grocer) and the amount of people dicknosing (i.e. their nose out of the mask) or with it under their chin

I saw one lady with a "clear mask" that would've done absolutely gently caress all too

Made sure to give a bunch of people the evil eye for dicknosing. Sydney deserves an extended lockdown and they should jackhammer down the line running along the coastal suburbs and float the cunts out to sea

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sydney media caste seem adamant there is something special about Sydney that will spare it a painful crippling covid outbreak if they open up early. Even the crikey/junkee mob are at it, not just Murdoch dicksuckers

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

One of the new Baulkham Hills residents is unvaccinated.

https://twitter.com/CaseyBriggs/status/1411866668276490242

LOL

E: but also
https://twitter.com/madelinemidwife/status/1411855603119529985

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

GPs regularly visit aged care facilities. The care facilities could have organised their patients' GPs to vaccinate them.

Likewise, when it became apparent that the reach in teams weren't going to vaccinate staff, management could have helped staff organise vaccination. I very much doubt that all of the unvaccinated staff are anti-vaxxers. It wouldn't surprise me if they're casuals worried about being unable to work if the vaccination kicks their rear end, though.

After what happened in aged care facilities last year, there is no excuse for this.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Just got an SMS telling me my digital certificate is available on myGov. That was quick.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this could be us but u playin

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Sydney media caste seem adamant there is something special about Sydney that will spare it a painful crippling covid outbreak if they open up early. Even the crikey/junkee mob are at it, not just Murdoch dicksuckers

They're all loving insufferable

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wat

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Forget it, Jake. It's Leunigtown

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i saw this and thought to post it here but i was worried it was too political

but reading it again i realise that the politics is so indecipherable that it doesn't count

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Lolie posted:

Just got an SMS telling me my digital certificate is available on myGov. That was quick.

I took my prophylaxis document to the appointment but they didn't have anything official to stamp it with.
Out of curiosity I logged into myGov afterwards and the only things I have on there are Covid, and the last two years of flu vax, because those were administered in a pharmacy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Leunig has been anti-compulsory-vaccine pro-"choice" (anti-vax) for years and his opinions about the covid vaccines and the covid restrictions are real lovely

(These are all items that native peoples accepted when they were tricked into signing treaties and gave away all their rights and freedoms)

Etc etc etc

He might seem like a whimsical carefree hippy but he's a lovely, self-centred, out of touch rich liberal

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

He should stick to garfeld imo

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

~Coxy posted:

I took my prophylaxis document to the appointment but they didn't have anything official to stamp it with.
Out of curiosity I logged into myGov afterwards and the only things I have on there are Covid, and the last two years of flu vax, because those were administered in a pharmacy.

This year is the first year it's been compulsory for flu vaccinations to be reported to the Australian Immunisation Register. All that shows for me is this year's flu vaccination and my two covid vaccinations, despite my having flu vaccinations for the last five years, ADT in 2018, and pneumovax last year.

You can ask your doctor to submit information regarding any vaccines they've given you to the AIR, though.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Lol at that dumb comic, go smoke a doobie man

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

quote:

Leunig

At first he was just bad but then he became aggressively, offensively bad.

On the other hand, this is very good.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

McSpergin posted:

Mrs Spergo and I had to run up to Liverpool yesterday to do some shopping that we couldn't do locally to the shire (Udaya indian grocer) and the amount of people dicknosing (i.e. their nose out of the mask) or with it under their chin

I saw one lady with a "clear mask" that would've done absolutely gently caress all too

Made sure to give a bunch of people the evil eye for dicknosing. Sydney deserves an extended lockdown and they should jackhammer down the line running along the coastal suburbs and float the cunts out to sea

Today I saw a librarian tell a dude that he had to put his mask up over his nose or he had to leave the library.

So some of my faith in humanity yet remains.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
his sister thinks he's a dick

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cant even book my first Pfizer because theres no bookings for the second lol how good is scomo oi scomo put flame trees on again ya sick oval office yieeeeewww

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Laserface posted:

Cant even book my first Pfizer because theres no bookings for the second lol how good is scomo oi scomo put flame trees on again ya sick oval office yieeeeewww
they must be out of supply, how good is the federal government

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Laserface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFkcDhfsYE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's not a race guys

guys?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

its not a race guys we are just coming 38th place out of 38 total places on the OECD ratings for 'dealing with the spicy cough'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

38/38 = 1