Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

shoeberto posted:

Wish I could start a new thread with your bullshit turned off!!!

just call it something really boring like “linux discussion itt” or “best thermal paste?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
President Beep Impeachment Trial Thread

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh i will definitely make an appearance there.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

trial by ordeal

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

President Beep posted:

just call it something really boring like “best thermal paste?”

runner up for the hotsauce thread title right here

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

New Switch coming soon

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1412396253720289284

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is this better or worse than the initial/current model which can switch per its name/gimmick. never can tell with nintendies

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Featuring a lineup of games in your favorite series
Super Mario (OLED)yssee
Metr(OLED)id
Animal Cr(OLED)ssing
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the W(OLED)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
ps now for july has red dead 2 and judgment gently caress yeah.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gang tag please

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

is this better or worse than the initial/current model which can switch per its name/gimmick. never can tell with nintendies

looks like there's some minor improvements and arguably a better screen but it won't be any more powerful or anything

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

looks like there's some minor improvements and arguably a better screen but it won't be any more powerful or anything
sounds about right then

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i'm a little old-fashioned perhaps but the fact (?) that performance is substantially different playing portable vs docked (at a tv like a normal console) never sat well with me. they will probably never fix this either

even if they did there's controller quality/durability concerns and premium pricing for digital-only use holding me back

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

ps now for july has red dead 2 and judgment gently caress yeah.
red dead 2 is a great game to do precisely enough missions to get your camp to the abandoned swamp mansion and then just enjoy your huntin and fishin and rootin and tootin sim

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

red dead 2 is a great game to do precisely enough missions to get your camp to the abandoned swamp mansion and then just enjoy your huntin and fishin and rootin and tootin sim
noted. i will probably try judgment first as it seems like a shorter game overall

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Classic western stuff like tying people up and feeding them to alligators.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
and bringing dynamite to a klan meeting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ma'am this feller bothering you?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Classic western stuff like tying people up and feeding them to alligators.
yeah it rules

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
its a very, very good game that i have zero intention of ever going back and playing it again because it took absolutely forever to get anywhere. it's the antihesis of "a game you can pick up for 30 minutes and then put down" because in 30 minutes the game has loaded and you may have rode your horse to where you wanted to go. if you accidentally trampled someone or some nerd got bit by a snake and needs help that's what you're doing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Just wholesome all-american pastimes like drinking and shooting and tripping horses with wires

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

its a very, very good game that i have zero intention of ever going back and playing it again because it took absolutely forever to get anywhere. it's the antihesis of "a game you can pick up for 30 minutes and then put down" because in 30 minutes the game has loaded and you may have rode your horse to where you wanted to go. if you accidentally trampled someone or some nerd got bit by a snake and needs help that's what you're doing.

yeah, I thought it was a beautiful game that legitimately did not want me to play it because it required so much "buy-in/attention currency" to get going. If a game doesn't have breaks, my adhd hyper-focus kicks in and I'm losing 3-4 hours that I probably shouldn't let myself burn.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i loved turning people in to the police, showing up to town a few days later for the execution, shooting the rope so they can escape, then chasing and tackling them, and finally brutally stabbing them to death over and over again

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the actual amount of content that was in the game is absolutely staggering, though.

so many little secrets, easter eggs, special events, mysteries, etc. little things that aren't even real missions but you can uncover stories via lore that is spread out all over the land.

the map is huge and sometimes it seems like there's empty spots but it's just filled to the brim with stuff to discover.

it would have been an absolute perfect game to come out when i was a teen and had untold hours to dig into it.

i still beat the poo poo out of it, but there was a point where i was just rushing the story to move it forward.

keeping my morality meter down to the lowest value constantly was tough, since you have to spend a ton of time just robbing and executing people. bad arthur ending ftw.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i loved turning people in to the police, showing up to town a few days later for the execution, shooting the rope so they can escape, then chasing and tackling them, and finally brutally stabbing them to death over and over again

img-veep-wtf.gif

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I really liked Witcher Wild Hunt when I played it and purposely saved the expansions for when I got a better computer, but I finally upgraded and I don't remember anything about this game at all. Video games need to start including a special cheat for people in their 30s where you can type it in and invoke the tutorial at any time and any place

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Corla Plankun posted:

I really liked Witcher Wild Hunt when I played it and purposely saved the expansions for when I got a better computer, but I finally upgraded and I don't remember anything about this game at all. Video games need to start including a special cheat for people in their 30s where you can type it in and invoke the tutorial at any time and any place

Blood and Wine is worth it, though. Same janky gameplay as the core game, but the story is MUCH more engaging IMO

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

started subnautica again thanks to mr president, definitely put my base in the wrong place this time. my first playthrough it was right next to the jellyshroom cave entrance which felt like it was way closer to a bunch of good poo poo, this one i just built the first convenient place in a red grass area and it kinda feels like a long way to go anywhere useful from it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the best place to put a base is some place that intersects with 4 different biomes, so you can easily grab a large amount of materials

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Corla Plankun posted:

Combat tutorial: Spam dodge, igni, fast attack, repeat for every encounter
Use the health regen potion if you're in a boss fight or whatever

Witcher 3 has a balance curve where after the first 5 hours or so you are just absolutely unstoppable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My first base was near the major underwater debris field nearest to spawn, that served me for most of the game until I built another one in the underground river near the descent to the lava zone

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

haveblue posted:

My first base was near the major underwater debris field nearest to spawn, that served me for most of the game until I built another one in the underground river near the descent to the lava zone
yeah you need a second base deep underground but you will never love it as much as your first base. it’s just your holiday home, in hell

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
once i got the cyclops, and the battery recharging module, i never went back to my base again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i didnt really like that tbh. sea winnebago rear end bullshit

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i made a bunch of little pit stops for it w cell chargers dotted around the map. having a huge mobile base ruled though

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm a little old-fashioned perhaps but the fact (?) that performance is substantially different playing portable vs docked (at a tv like a normal console)

yo is this legit?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

pack and get out of dirt poor rural red subnautica while you still can and move near a more populated biome like a cave where it's easier to get deece material figgies and theres a higher concentration of more progressive blood sucking monsters

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yes, the GPU downclocks when on battery. the built in screen is 720p so it's less noticeable unless the game also changes framerate or drops effects from the rendering

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Corla Plankun posted:

img-veep-wtf.gif

living out your murder fantasies in game ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

games sometimes render at higher resolutions when docked iirc. sometimes this handheld performance is better, sometimes it's worse

it really isn't something to worry about though