Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
See, bromance right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

He could well get 35 on the Champs-Elysees to cap it off.

Also if this happens the Isle of Man should be allowed to annex Belgium

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

goatface posted:

See, bromance right there.

He's always had such huge appreciation for his team mates and that's one of my fav things about him. Imagine being bennet right now. Backup sprinter is stomping all over the tour

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Textbook leadout that. Phwoar

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
He's a pretty humble/generous chap in these interviews.

Haha another swear.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

paddyboat posted:

It’s coming home?

The green jersey, tour record and football all coming home? I'm rubbing my thighs

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's always had such huge appreciation for his team mates and that's one of my fav things about him. Imagine being bennet right now. Backup sprinter is stomping all over the tour

Cool to see Cav winning but unfortunately it does kind of seem like Lefevere was right to bring him over Bennett and after all that unnecessary poo poo-talking by PL I was kind of hoping Bennett was going to come out with the more successful end of the bargain.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

The green jersey, tour record and football all coming home? I'm rubbing my thighs

Missed time cut and Denmark win tomorrow incoming then

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So the Sagan entourage is likely moving to Total Energie

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nairo in polka dots? I’m hallucinating

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think i have figured out why Pogacar is so strong. He is using a Campagnolo Super Record drivetrain, and a Colnago frame, both of which are fully embued with the spirit of Pantani, Bartoli and Coppi.

De Gendt couldn't get away because he was riding a Ridley.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That said I hope he loses because his "big ring" climbing was totally crosschained. That's no way to treat a work of art like a Super Record derailleur.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Sagan getting owned by Cavendish over and over and over is not how I expected this to go.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think i have figured out why Pogacar is so strong. He is using a Campagnolo Super Record drivetrain, and a Colnago frame, both of which are fully embued with the spirit of Pantani, Bartoli and Coppi.

De Gendt couldn't get away because he was riding a Ridley.

I've crunched the numbers, double checked the facts and i can confirm this is true. There are also rumours Pogacar's mechanic was spotted with a drill at the service course.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I've crunched the numbers, double checked the facts and i can confirm this is true. There are also rumours Pogacar's mechanic was spotted with a drill at the service course.

Speed holes are the new marginal gain

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Sagan getting owned by Cavendish over and over and over is not how I expected this to go.

I know - I expected it would be Sagan getting owned by Caleb Ewan over and over and over.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Frame collapse descending Ventoux impending....

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Curious if UAE use the dual disc brake v3rs tomorrow all i know is: my body is ready

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ah gently caress, double Ventoux is tomorrow already? I can't even watch it at work then :qq: For some reason I thought it would be on Thursday

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Colbrelli somehow wins the KOM points and Cavendish misses the time cut

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Smirr posted:

Ah gently caress, double Ventoux is tomorrow already? I can't even watch it at work then :qq: For some reason I thought it would be on Thursday

Call in sick.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lefevre has once again cucked Lotto-Soudal, and DQS will be Soudal-Quick Step next year

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
never forget

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Withnail posted:

never forget

helmets on for safety!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1412514981548113927?s=20

Sagan on a big contract seems like a huge risk these days

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I still wear this on the reg

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sagan on Team Europcar... They should have sent a poet

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Smirr posted:

Sagan on Team Europcar... They should have sent a poet

That's one way to get a green jersey

nm, I guess they changed their kit

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I thought athletes tried to perform their best during contract years? Maybe that’s just baseball.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Smol posted:

So the Sagan entourage is likely moving to Total Energies

I fixed that for you. Apparently Total Engeries is going to do a big global green energy push and think Sagan is a good voice.

Roblo posted:

He's a pretty humble/generous chap in these interviews.

Haha another swear.

He is incredible humble especially considering how many stage wins he has. I always appreciate how he rightly thanks the whole team first and foremost.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

It was a travesty that they didn't make him eat the time loss

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

It was a travesty that they didn't make him eat the time loss

He should have been ejected from the race for not completing the course with a bike.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Don't envy them today. Not far off 200km and Ventoux twice? Disgusting.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
My body is ready :getin:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Rainbow and polka dots on the attack

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Panzerwagon in the ditch.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Big ouchie for Tony.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Am I reading it right that froome is bottom of the GC classification? he's ~2h back lol

ah, missed a page, he's 155/164. Grim.

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jul 7, 2021

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was close last I looked, so he could be. Hoping to get that big lantern rouge money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Has a Tour winner ever been lantern rouge in Paris before?