Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

I make Pork belly Burnt Ends yesterday with some Belly from Coscto.

I made 3 flavors out of it (no pics though). Carolina BBQ, Teriyaki & Thai Peanut (that I fortified with Kirkland Almond Butter because last time I did it wasn't peanuty enough)

Dude… recipe???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

caedwalla posted:

Anyone know if Costco includes necessary connections for washers and dryers? The product listing states 'Delivery, Basic Installation and Haul Away Included in Most Areas' and the order page seems to confirm it, but googling suggests different answers and I don't want to have to call the 'scto if I don't have to.

Yes it should. Now realize Costco is just subcontracting the install out to a 3rd party, so as always YMMV. You may wish to buy your own high quality hoses and dryer exhaust tubing.

https://www.costco.com/wcsstore/CostcoUSBCCatalogAssetStore/Attachment/Innovel+Install_Requirements-12_2018.pdf

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

caedwalla posted:

Anyone know if Costco includes necessary connections for washers and dryers? The product listing states 'Delivery, Basic Installation and Haul Away Included in Most Areas' and the order page seems to confirm it, but googling suggests different answers and I don't want to have to call the 'scto if I don't have to.

I had a washer and dryer installed two years ago. The guys that delivered it hooked up the washer, but didn't have a dryer duct with them (and I didn't have a washer or dryer before this, so there wasn't one already there), so I had to go buy one and attach it myself. They also put the dryer on the left and washer on the right, which puts the doors in the middle and makes it a pain in the rear end to transfer laundry :argh: That's 100% on me for being too lazy to switch them though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
not costco specific: ive never had a good experience with installations sold by a company (for that reason - they all contract it out). theyre always hosed up in one way or another. i instead try to get them to knock something off the price upfront and tell them just deliver it and ill handle install myself or get someone i actually trust to do it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

I had a washer and dryer installed two years ago. The guys that delivered it hooked up the washer, but didn't have a dryer duct with them (and I didn't have a washer or dryer before this, so there wasn't one already there), so I had to go buy one and attach it myself. They also put the dryer on the left and washer on the right, which puts the doors in the middle and makes it a pain in the rear end to transfer laundry :argh: That's 100% on me for being too lazy to switch them though.

You can’t just switch the doors?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I got a new washer and dryer this year and they replaced my water line hookups (the hose connections) and used the existing ducts from the old dryer.

They even added a splitter so my new dryer can use it’s steam function but my old dryer couldn’t.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Hed posted:

Dude… recipe???

Same you can't just say this and not drop the recipe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
costowns

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

My electric kettle that I got 1 1/2 years ago at Costco just stopped working :mad:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Hed posted:

Dude… recipe???

I don't have much of a recipe really.

I cube the pork belly into 1-2" pieces and then hit it with some Memphis Dust rub.

I then put it onto some backers racks so the pieces don't fall through the grates of the smoker. Smoke with a mix of Cherry and Apple wood for about 3 at 250ish.

Once they are up to temp with a quick read thermo pen I take them out and transfer to a few small aluminum foil pans (bought at church).

For the sauces I just use store bought sauces mostly. Sometimes I will doctor them a bit.

For the teriyaki I like Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki I dont alter this one as I like it as is.

For the Peanut Thai one I used a jar sauce (not sure of brand) but added some Almond Butter and then some Soy Sauce to thin it back out.

And for the Carolina I use Sticky Fingers Carolina BBQ sauce.

Put back into the smoker and crank the heat up to about 275ish for another hour or so until the sauce caramelizes on them.

Edit: Added link to Memphis Dust rub. It's great on everything. I use it as a base for most all my smoking and jsut alter it.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 6, 2021

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My electric kettle that I got 1 1/2 years ago at Costco just stopped working :mad:

Maybe it needs more electricity.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

put water in it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Maybe it needs more electricity.

Chinatown posted:

put water in it

I've electrocuted myself and now haunt the broken electric kettle as a ghost, thanks

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've electrocuted myself and now haunt the broken electric kettle as a ghost, thanks

That's only covered under warranty if you bought it with the Costco card.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

bird with big dick posted:

You can’t just switch the doors?

I can rotate the door on the dryer but not the washer, unfortunately. The washer door has a big plastic water sealing part on the inside that can't be rotated.

For anyone curious, this is the set I got. Aside from the minor gripes in my previous post, the order/delivery/installation process was painless, and they've worked fine for the two years I've had them.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

bagmonkey posted:

Kirkland Signature Golden Margarita ready-to-drink is fuckin' good. I legit fixed my ice maker just to enjoy the poo poo out of this bottle.

Pro tip: put a lime wedge in your glass with it. They're good normally, but way better with a lime.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Pro-tip: Use steel-braided hoses for your washer connections - the cheapo rubber ones WILL fail one day and if you are like me and rarely remember to turn off the valve you will be very sad unless you happen to be standing next to it when it goes.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Extra protip, get a moisture sensor that kills power to the washer and closes the valves. I have one that closes the valves so I'm good if a hose bursts, but screwed if the washer just starts pumping the water out onto the floor if the drain clogs.

And it works! It shut off when I had a leak out of the door of my washer, it was maybe a cup of water and the alarm goes off and the valves shut down.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Also put in water hammer arrestors at every valve that serves a machine (washer, ice maker). It removes a lot of the physical stress on the valve and prolongs it's life.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

fordham posted:

Pro-tip: Use steel-braided hoses for your washer connections - the cheapo rubber ones WILL fail one day and if you are like me and rarely remember to turn off the valve you will be very sad unless you happen to be standing next to it when it goes.

.... people turn off the water valve when not using the washing machine?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive never heard of doing that. i try not to touch the valves in my house unless its an emergency cause theyre old and i dont want them to get stuck open or shut as theyre wont to do and then become a critical repair that needs to be done.

we have a pressure regulator at the front of the water line to keep everything beyond intact for a while hopefully

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

GORDON posted:

I've heard of it but don't know anyone who does. I only turn it off when I'm off on vacation. Probably not necessary then either but one less thing to go wrong when I'm out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Picked up some milk tea flavored boba mochi pretty good

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon

StormDrain posted:

I've heard of it but don't know anyone who does. I only turn it off when I'm off on vacation. Probably not necessary then either but one less thing to go wrong when I'm out.

I've had a plumber (not to mention all the washing machine instructions) tell me you should close the washer valve after every use. I pretty much never do though like most people.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Are the Kirkland brand AA/AAA batteries good?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I've honestly gotten less life out of them then a name brand, but its a marginal difference. Depends on what you want to use them for, but i'd go with Energizer if you can.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

StormDrain posted:

I turn off the water to my entire house and my gas when I'm gone for more than a few nights, but have never turned off just the washer for any reason other than replacing it. My washer is also in the garage though, so I really won't damage anything if it decides to puke water everywhere because the solenoids fail and leak when it is off.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ROJO posted:

I turn off the water to my entire house and my gas when I'm gone for more than a few nights, but have never turned off just the washer for any reason other than replacing it. My washer is also in the garage though, so I really won't damage anything if it decides to puke water everywhere because the solenoids fail and leak when it is off.

Ya I would do that too but I leave water on for irrigation and for pet sitter if needed. The risk on the washer I think is the hose bursting.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

GORDON posted:

When I lived at a friend's house we did this, but only because the valve leaked. For months, our solution to that problem, as two lazy single men in our late 20's/early 30's, was to just stick a pitcher on the floor behind the washer where it was leaking, and empty it in the utility tub when it was getting full. Thankfully my friend got it fixed eventually and we never closed the valve after that. It definitely wasn't safe since the power cord was back there too.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Exciting Lemon
Got new tires yesterday. Accidently made appointment for next thursday instead of yesterday, but very nice service guy took care of me anyways in just about 90 minutes. Got a dog with ketchup (no onions available) while I waited and shopped.

This is Waltham, MA since tire experiences seems to be very regional.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Enos Cabell posted:

they are made by Duracell, so yeah, they are fine.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My guess is that the batteries are probably the ones that didn’t quite meet spec so they aren’t quite as good. But they’re great for churning through in battery intensive junk.

Also had a good tire experience, but it took forever to drop the car off.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Where the hell is my chocolate granola? :mad:

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

On a road trip, first time back at the Costco in over a year. Stopped for communion: a Polish, a 100% Beef Dog, a Slice and a rotisserie chicken (for later). Even with no onions or sauerkraut it was a blessed experience

PBUC

Bring back the condiment pumps

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

!!!!!!

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Dunno if it's specifically Quebec or of it's still available elsewhere in Canada but I'll take it!

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

Tell me about these pickle chips.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Lol dill pickle chips own

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Dunn's is a Montreal deli/restaurant that became a chain and I was surprised to see they had a Dill Pickle chip and that it was being sold at church!?

Chip Review:
Generous amount and size of flavour crystals, strong pickle taste
The chip itself is less crunchy than a comparable Ruffles, but still has enough crispiness for satisfying bite
Definitely superior to Lay's dill pickle. Overall would recommend

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006
Did the free samples in the food aisles go away pre-covid, or were they another casualty of the pandemic? I'm saddened that my kid has to grow up in a world without them.