Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's still kind of dancing around the really scary outcome, which is just Superman with the moral compass of an American boy from Kansas. :v:

All the downsides of the Deep South but also the food is worse and you freeze your nuts off in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!
mayo in demand worldwide as the "food of the man of tomorrow"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I don't know what's inspired these (did Vinny join the roster of actors that want the snyderverse back) but I still smiled.

https://twitter.com/caped_bruce/status/1411940803589464070?s=20

https://twitter.com/GeekLawGrad/status/1411791152550973445?s=20

https://twitter.com/batfleckwaynes/status/1411795563490680833?s=20

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The 4chan leak of The Flash plot is so bad I'm gonna assume it's real lol

The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Batman (Ben Affleck) investigate the murder of Flash’s mother Nora (Maribel Verdú) to prove the innocence of Flash’s father Henry (Ron Livingston).
Batman informs Flash that he assembled the Justice League after receiving a message from the future from an older version of Flash.
Flash knows it is dangerous to alter the timeline, but is inspired by Batman’s revelation to travel back in time to warn his parents of their fate so they can avoid it.
Flash instead breaches the dimensional barrier and ends up in a parallel universe where the government is hunting meta-humans.
Flash meets an older Batman (Michael Keaton), who decides to help him return to his own universe before the dimensional breach that he accidentally created destroys both realities.
The government deploys Mirror Master (Saoirse-Monica Jackson), the daughter of one of Batman’s old enemies, to eliminate Flash and Batman.
The Black Flash, the avatar of the Speed Force, is also after Flash for endangering the Multiverse.
During the mission, Flash and Batman rescue Kara (Sasha Calle), the daughter of Superman (Christopher Reeve), who has died.
Kara had been captured by the government, and she helps Flash and Batman defeat Mirror Master.
Flash is too late and the realities begin to collapse. He races into the Speed Force, defeats Black Flash and meets another Flash (Grant Gustin), who encourages him to save both worlds.
Flash resets the timeline by merging the two universes into a new reality where the Supergirl and the older Batman now exist alongside heroes such as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Flash proves his father’s innocence in court and Henry is released from prison.
Batman decides to assemble and lead the heroes of the new world.
Kara becomes Supergirl to honor her father.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That sounds fine idk

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mirror Master is going to be Nicholson Joker's daughter, isn't she? She kinda looks like Nicholson, and it would be a parallel to the Batman Unchained unproduced movie where Harley Quinn was Nicholson-Joker's daughter.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

That sounds fine idk
Sounds bad to me but mainly because summary isn't written well and the whole "merging universes" thing is weird. Are batfleck/cavill superman still going to exist?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
most of that doesn't sound too bad in a vacuum but "big multiversal upheaval to explain away differences in canon" is using a cool idea to solve a non-problem, which doesn't make me trust that the concept will actually be rich enough to stand on its own

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Seems like a pretty generic description that will all depend on execution.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

most of that doesn't sound too bad in a vacuum but "big multiversal upheaval to explain away differences in canon" is using a cool idea to solve a non-problem, which doesn't make me trust that the concept will actually be rich enough to stand on its own

This is a good point though.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Roman posted:

The 4chan leak of The Flash plot is so bad I'm gonna assume it's real lol

The Flash (Ezra Miller) and Batman (Ben Affleck) investigate the murder of Flash’s mother Nora (Maribel Verdú) to prove the innocence of Flash’s father Henry (Ron Livingston).
Batman informs Flash that he assembled the Justice League after receiving a message from the future from an older version of Flash.
Flash knows it is dangerous to alter the timeline, but is inspired by Batman’s revelation to travel back in time to warn his parents of their fate so they can avoid it.
Flash instead breaches the dimensional barrier and ends up in a parallel universe where the government is hunting meta-humans.
Flash meets an older Batman (Michael Keaton), who decides to help him return to his own universe before the dimensional breach that he accidentally created destroys both realities.
The government deploys Mirror Master (Saoirse-Monica Jackson), the daughter of one of Batman’s old enemies, to eliminate Flash and Batman.
The Black Flash, the avatar of the Speed Force, is also after Flash for endangering the Multiverse.
During the mission, Flash and Batman rescue Kara (Sasha Calle), the daughter of Superman (Christopher Reeve), who has died.
Kara had been captured by the government, and she helps Flash and Batman defeat Mirror Master.
Flash is too late and the realities begin to collapse. He races into the Speed Force, defeats Black Flash and meets another Flash (Grant Gustin), who encourages him to save both worlds.
Flash resets the timeline by merging the two universes into a new reality where the Supergirl and the older Batman now exist alongside heroes such as Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Flash proves his father’s innocence in court and Henry is released from prison.
Batman decides to assemble and lead the heroes of the new world.
Kara becomes Supergirl to honor her father.

I saw a make-up trailer for 'Project Zero' on the set so them not mentioning him makes me think this is made up.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Neil_Sinclair_(Flashpoint_Timeline)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Keep in mind that it is 4chan, a similar leak a month ago had Batfleck die and batgirl take over. Next to a totally different leak of a different script where the plot had nothing to do with multiverses or Keaton or any of that

I'm just curious if they really are going to try to erase the Snyderverse in any way

Necrothatcher posted:

I saw a make-up trailer for 'Project Zero' on the set so them not mentioning him makes me think this is made up.
https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Neil_Sinclair_(Flashpoint_Timeline)
yeah that sounds kinda important

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also if Supergirl is the daughter of Reeve's Superman then why would her suit look like the MoS suit (with the same alien runes in the S) instead of 1970s tights. While its most likely fake news I also wouldn't put it past WB to be that lazy for the sake of nostalgia

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
No Brandon Routh? What a waste.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Amazing

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

https://www.reddit.com/r/HailCorporate/

these are clearly a fake guerilla viral marketing campaign

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Why would they create a viral marketing campaign two weeks after the movie came out?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The box office dropped by half in it's second weekend, so creating a viral ad campaign to make people think "ha ha yeah, maybe I should check that out" could help to give it some legs.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I always wondered if it was a coincidence that the "me and the boys" meme based on a still from a superhero cartoon started going around right before the TV show about superheroes called The Boys started

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

2house2fly posted:

I always wondered if it was a coincidence that the "me and the boys" meme based on a still from a superhero cartoon started going around right before the TV show about superheroes called The Boys started

I'm more inclined to believe the Invincible and Marriage Story memes were corporate psyops

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I would consider the possibility that it's less a question of individual campaigns and more that fandom is so intrinsically tied to marketing, capital, and intellectual property that something can be both a real meme and also astroturfed. Stochastic advertising, if you will.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roth posted:

I'm more inclined to believe the Invincible and Marriage Story memes were corporate psyops

I have to agree with this. There is no way everyone watched invincible

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 273 days!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I would consider the possibility that it's less a question of individual campaigns and more that fandom is so intrinsically tied to marketing, capital, and intellectual property that something can be both a real meme and also astroturfed. Stochastic advertising, if you will.

more importantly, you can never be sure if something isn't and are rarely entirely sure that something is on solid footing

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I have to agree with this. There is no way everyone watched invincible

If they had then more people would have noticed that the big Invincible meme is a misquote

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

2house2fly posted:

Funny thing is that it backfired for my wife. She had no interest in watching the show, 'cause she thought it was related to that.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So anyone in the US get ahold of the bluray? My pre-order from Best Buy (steelbook case) got pushed back. Seems to be selling out across the continent.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jimbot posted:

So anyone in the US get ahold of the bluray? My pre-order from Best Buy (steelbook case) got pushed back. Seems to be selling out across the continent.

Mine was also delayed

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Yeah I got mine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah I got mine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao at this probation

"hey, did anyone get their blu-ray?"
"yes"
"gently caress YOU"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Forget it ALFbrot, it’s Snyder-town

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

http://i.imgur.com/MOO4m5U.gifv

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Thanks for the reminder, just ordered the 4K set because I guess I like to be upcharged despite only having blu-ray playback.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

ALFbrot posted:

lmao at this probation

"hey, did anyone get their blu-ray?"
"yes"
"gently caress YOU"

"it's not wise to upset a mod. "
"but sir, nobody worries about upsetting a goon!"
"that's because goons don't probate you when they don't get their steel books. Mods have been known to do that."
"i see. I suggest a new strategy: don't post in Snyderdome."
(Machete Zombie sits back and puts their arms behind their head)

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 looking good.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

And I just got word my 4K copy isn't available any more. drat it!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

roffels posted:

And I just got word my 4K copy isn't available any more. drat it!

We must ban MMJS for this injustice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The admins wouldn't approve it :(

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

if we believe there’s even a one percent chance that Megaman's Jockstrap is our enemy we have to take it as an absolute certainty… and we have to destroy him.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Did you know that the official WB account on YouTube uploaded an ad for the Snydercut?

Probably not, because despite being uploaded 2 weeks ago, it's unlisted

https://twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1435680343856762886?s=19

Here's the link to the video

https://youtu.be/elXO_nMCYYg

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
On my world. MMJS means BANNED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

Did you know that the official WB account on YouTube uploaded an ad for the Snydercut?

Probably not, because despite being uploaded 2 weeks ago, it's unlisted

https://twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1435680343856762886?s=19

Here's the link to the video

https://youtu.be/elXO_nMCYYg

Lol