Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

now when they play icp for terry funk he becomes completely lucid for the duration of the song. it's heartbreaking but beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Man, J and Shaggy kick rear end.

Like for anyone that might not know, ICP love wrestling a whole lot, even when they're not just booked to be there or anything, any time wrestlers have come to a Gathering of the Juggalos they're pretty much guests of honor and everyone's always hype as hell to meet them or whatever else. They even ran their own wrestling shows for a while, under JCW, Juggalo Championshit Wrestling and some backyard wrestling stuff.

And
https://twitter.com/drivenbyboredom/status/1412497616106147848

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jul 7, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

now when they play icp for terry funk he becomes completely lucid for the duration of the song. it's heartbreaking but beautiful

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love him, orange. the greatest wrestler of all time. nevermind orange. let's go to the movies

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i love him, orange. the greatest wrestler of all time. nevermind orange. let's go to the movies

hell yeah to both

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/THETOMMYDREAMER/status/1412533492706156546

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

King

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dreamer probably has a worse brain than most dementia patients so I'm not sure how much stock to put in that tweet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like to think those of us who posted about Terry Funk today had a hand in making him all better and fine. Perhaps soon he'll be ready for "one more match."

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
the biggest legend that ICP booked remains this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FrzSKv1tY

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i like to think those of us who posted about Terry Funk today had a hand in making him all better and fine. Perhaps soon he'll be ready for "one more match."

I loled.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1412561187682897920?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1412553343378018306

A: the fuckin balls on that dude to get straight up in Terry loving Gordy's face.

B: that point from Terry :stare:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dude is lucky that's all Gordy did

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dude is lucky that's all Gordy did

loving seriously

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
noted legendary wrestlers "the headbangers"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1412553343378018306

A: the fuckin balls on that dude to get straight up in Terry loving Gordy's face.

B: that point from Terry :stare:

What's scary is that it doesn't even look like he shoves him that hard (or at least, not that hard for a guy like Gordy). If he put all of his might behind it, that dude would have a hole in his chest.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 7, 2021

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Flight Bisque posted:

the biggest legend that ICP booked remains this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6FrzSKv1tY

fat gently caress barrel boy returns, gets stuck in his barrel. fans chant you still got it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dreamer probably has a worse brain than most dementia patients so I'm not sure how much stock to put in that tweet.

I remember Dreamer being on Stone Cold's podcast and insisting his brain was fine, and sure he forgets things sometimes but no more than his grandmother and SHE never took any chairshots! ....and Austin's like,"Your grandmother is in her 90s......"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I remember Dreamer being on Stone Cold's podcast and insisting his brain was fine, and sure he forgets things sometimes but no more than his grandmother and SHE never took any chairshots! ....and Austin's like,"Your grandmother is in her 90s......"

He literally has a alarm on his fridge to remind him to close it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

That's the exact thing I was thinking of when I wrote that. Austin seemed genuinely disturbed by the stories Dreamer was telling, or attempting to tell.

Didn't he follow up that story with the one about how he was really, for real going to murder Paul Heyman at a Wrestlemania?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's the exact thing I was thinking of when I wrote that. Austin seemed genuinely disturbed by the stories Dreamer was telling, or attempting to tell.

Didn't he follow up that story with the one about how he was really, for real going to murder Paul Heyman at a Wrestlemania?

no of course not

he was going to kill paul heyman and then himself live at Wrestlemania X-7

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

yea he was gonna jump the barricade with a gun

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Yardbomb posted:

And Foley loves them for getting him a SAG card.

And speaking of people from Detroit suburbs: I’m meeting Danhausen tomorrow at Comics and More in Madison Heights.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ToruYanoFanAcct/status/1412448304781303810

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Nice to see Youppi got in shape.

Good for him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Zombie Lemur posted:

Nice to see Youppi got in shape.

Good for him.

Had nothing to do but train since the Expos died so it makes sense.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

sticklefifer posted:

Might as well face it, you're addicted to love.
Rhett Titus is (to the best of my knowledge) not an abuser, please leave him out of this.

That ICP photo tweet is funny too, with the "legends" they've paid to appear at their shows being Scott Steiner, Vader, Ricky Morton, and... the Headbangers?

Especially weird when you could have given that fourth slot to Abdullah the Butcher, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, 2 Tuff Tony, 2 Cold Scorpio, Jeff Jarrett, Bobby Eaton, Homeless Jimmy, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Bob Backlund, Colt Cabana, Big Chuck Wagon, X-Pac, Bob Orton, Mick Foley, Matt Hardy, Dick Hummer, Roddy Piper, Tracy Smothers, Tony Atlas, Kevin Nash, Sandman, Weedman, Nyla Rose, the Young Bucks, or Baby Bitch Boy.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

from what I've heard they ran one of the most reliable indies of their era. you might not like their music or their fans, but the checks were good and always on time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Edge & Christian posted:

Rhett Titus is (to the best of my knowledge) not an abuser, please leave him out of this.

That ICP photo tweet is funny too, with the "legends" they've paid to appear at their shows being Scott Steiner, Vader, Ricky Morton, and... the Headbangers?

Especially weird when you could have given that fourth slot to Abdullah the Butcher, Dusty Rhodes, Jerry Lawler, 2 Tuff Tony, 2 Cold Scorpio, Jeff Jarrett, Bobby Eaton, Homeless Jimmy, Scott Hall, Ken Shamrock, Bob Backlund, Colt Cabana, Big Chuck Wagon, X-Pac, Bob Orton, Mick Foley, Matt Hardy, Dick Hummer, Roddy Piper, Tracy Smothers, Tony Atlas, Kevin Nash, Sandman, Weedman, Nyla Rose, the Young Bucks, or Baby Bitch Boy.

Yeah it's a bit funny, not like they'd be lacking for Roddy Piper pics either, they loved him. Even better, they could've used the picture of him taking a huge bong rip from one of the gatherings lol

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
The fact that there are people wanting David Starr to return is disheartening, but the fact that even more people want him to gently caress off is just so... :discourse:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1412641258598719495?s=19

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's not a no.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

graph posted:

oh poo poo he was in that with him? dang

i'm still v green w/ anything indie

Suge was one of the three (?) people involved with We The Independent. If I'd trust anyone on their takes regarding David Starr's rehabilitation, it would be Suge D.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I could see that match being in AAA for the title (and maybe even title switch if Kenny isn't AEW champ)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vikingo vs Omega is going to happen and our dumbasses don't deserve it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kenny's still got a AAA defence coming up against Andrade right?

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Like for anyone that might not know, ICP love wrestling a whole lot, even when they're not just booked to be there or anything, any time wrestlers have come to a Gathering of the Juggalos they're pretty much guests of honor and everyone's always hype as hell to meet them or whatever else. They even ran their own wrestling shows for a while, under JCW, Juggalo Championshit Wrestling and some backyard wrestling stuff.

And
https://twitter.com/drivenbyboredom/status/1412497616106147848

Bobcat Goldthwait said that the gathering of the juggalos was the best standup gig he's ever done. Not because the crowd was great or anything, but because the second he got off stage, someone was waiting to pay him..he didn't have to track down the promoter to get his money, and that it was double what he usually gets. Even if it was given to him in a trashbag full of twentys.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Rarity posted:

Kenny's still got a AAA defence coming up against Andrade right?

At TripleMania, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Cameo posted:

At TripleMania, yeah.

Can’t wait for that