Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

"call me cis male" was a good username a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

"call me cis male" was a good username a while back

This is amazing and I want an opportunity to steal it now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i still think 'suck my woke dick' is the best username on here

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Please do not change usernames as it really confuses me

Bozza, Fluo and Downs Jacket Fetish. Lost to the sands of time.

and weird sausage guy too

mrpwase posted:

Ratty this is another car part you'll want them to check out while you're there

:hotpickle:

Hopefully all sorted now, by mechanic lady it just did 100 miles on the motorways without spraying fuel over itself

Now I'm staying in a motorway services motel for a 3am survey

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Ratjaculation posted:

Downs Jacket Fetish

Don't you mean Penguingo?

I'm glad your car is getting healthy. I hope the motel is also healthy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

downs jacket fetish is a very different fetish to a down jacket fetish

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Got a Dartford crossing fine. Going to plead covid and England winning the euros should see all fines nullified anyway

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

before the foot was on I watched The Tomorrow War, it was starship troopers again for today's hip cool tiktok teens. I give it 6 kecskes out of 10

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

it was nothing like starship troopers?

unless i dunno theres some... eurgh allegory or satire or some bollocks in there.

the enemy was here all along!

i fancy his wife. and daughter.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

a bunch of randos get drafted to go shoot hordes of crawly spidery aliens and then they have to capture the brain bug queen bug alien... is nothing like starship troopers?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

well that is missing some of the nuance... as zizek stated...

[sp]like i dunno in this they get selected cos theyre old and already future dead unlike ST(movie people always refer to movies by the initials BTW) where theyre young idealistic idiots witht their whole lives in front of them.[/sp]

i dont think ive ever done a spoiler tag before how exciting

also no shower scene

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Also no functioning spoiler tag, but we can't have everything.
Is Seaside Loafer still about?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol where does your gimmick go?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I saw a pret ad, and now I’ve heard Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody for the first time this year. This means we’re now in the Christmas season.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fingers crossed covid can keep its poo poo together and this will be 3 xmases since i last saw my parents

i'm exaggerating so like the none being one so this being three

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Anyone else get anxious about a delivery (bed + mattress) that will probably have to block the street for a short while to the extent that you wake up multiple times through the night because you’re worrying about it so much

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Gasmask posted:

Anyone else get anxious about a delivery (bed + mattress) that will probably have to block the street for a short while to the extent that you wake up multiple times through the night because you’re worrying about it so much

Yeah. I think the cure is to become a delivery driver and out of necessity stop minding briefly potentially inconveniencing people.

So I've signed you up to Yodel. You have 800 packages and you earn 11p per successful delivery. There's a decent chance you'll hit minimum wage* if you believe in yourself.

*Excluding petrol and tax

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
I'm sure the delivery driver will have a suitable sarcastic response for any complainers.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

You can block the road for up to 20mins loading or unloading and there is sweet gently caress anyone can do to stop you.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

Now I'm staying in a motorway services motel for a 3am survey

Not sure how many people would appreciate answering their motel room door at 3am and finding ratty there

I'd be delighted, obviously

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
They came and parked their lorry in a space I coned off and then I did all the work for them out of anxiety/obsequiousness. Job done. What were you were about.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if i were delivering that bed and mattress and came up again' some disgruntled motorist, i would just say to them "ere, you wanna try it out???" :newlol:

"(i mean sex!!!)"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
unless it was someone having a genuine emergency then i would just move the vehicle as quickly as safely possible

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
a sex emergency

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My doctors have decided the solution to coronavirus is to keep you on hold till the earth is consumed by the loving sun.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
join the crispix campaign to bring back greensleeves for all on hold music

very soothing

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i really resent having to listen to something like bieber or tay tay or a noise like BEEP-BEEP... BEEP-BEEP for part of my day

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I saw a pret ad, and now I’ve heard Slade’s Merry Christmas Everybody for the first time this year. This means we’re now in the Christmas season.

are you hanging up your stocking on the wall?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They got some video game music mixed in with the opening for the streets of Philadelphia on a 20 sec loop. It’s jarring.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Just as long as I never have to hear Vivaldi again when phoning the DWP

Hearing that music now immediately puts me in a foul mood

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Not sure how many people would appreciate answering their motel room door at 3am and finding ratty there

I'd be delighted, obviously

Sudden Javelin posted:

a sex emergency

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY3QDN_nRg4

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i'll bet there were subliminal messages behind it too like "i will take any job even if it makes me poorer", "my purpose is to further enrich my betters", "i am scum"

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
sex emergency?! for that, i rather think you ought to get on the telephone and ring for the sex bomb squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dadjoke:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just found out taff posted last july

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

My doctors have decided the solution to coronavirus is to keep you on hold till the earth is consumed by the loving sun.

oh hell yeah, my lovely doctors out in the sticks is fukkin loving not having to do anything useful ever again. They were useless before so the community is managing. Silver linings. I think it's about time we all learn basic medical knowledge and possibly even basic surgery training on stuffed toys.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
When you get through our receptionist is a very competent woman surrounded by workshy bastards. She managed to get mini registered as a young carer so she can get her jab at 17, which is a relief and utter insanity that it wasn’t automatic because she lives in the same household as a vulnerable person.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Eldest had an allergy appointment at the local hospital yesterday (turns out he's allergic to cashew nuts, of all things!). It was fortunate it happened when it did, as in a few weeks all the outpatient appointments will probably be cancelled again.

'Status code black' is when hospitals are at full capacity. Around here they're already at 'status code opal' which is one above black.

This country is just nuts sometimes.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i contested my dartford crossing fine. they give you a day to pay. when you complain they give themselves 56 days to reply. i see

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i contested my dartford crossing fine. they give you a day to pay. when you complain they give themselves 56 days to reply. i see

This is something that absolutely needs fixing too - the amount that are "your fine is £40, it will be reduced to £20 if you pay within 5 days, or you can contest it (we will take 28 days to reply, so you'll absolutely miss the lower amount if we find against you". the clock should stop as soon as you appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I assumed that I had stopped the clock by contesting? I shall write to my MPs if it turns out not!