Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Welcome to the Dorkrooms first (maybe) postcard print swap! It's a simple idea, send a small print to a random goon somewhere in the world. Postcards according to USPS measure up to 4-1/4 x 6" and are incredibly cheap to post. But we'll do prints up to 5x7 as that's a commonly available paper.

Feel free to ship your print as a postcard with no protection, or, in a letter. It cost me something like $3 to send a 5x7 print to the US from Australia.

If you wish to sign up please fill out this google form once: https://forms.gle/yGs294MpFzZLfeZy8

Sign up will be open for a fortnight or so, then we'll give everyone a fortnight to print and post. If you don't have PMs be sure to add your e-mail to the sign up so I can inform you of who you're sending too.

Please post below if you're keen or have any questions and sign up!

:frogsiren:Requirements:frogsiren:
Minimum Print Size: 4 1/4" x 6"
Maximum Print Size : 5" x 7"
Paper: For inkjet please use a quality paper, 180gsm and up.

Pairs will be picked randomly and you'll receive a PM or e-mail from myself with your pairing. I am the only one (other than your pair) who will see your address. Your address will be purged after completion of the swap.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I just bought a 4x6 printer last week. Count me in!

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

i want in, but my printer is dead, where can i get prints on nice paper online?

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

I'm in, excited to see what people get.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I'm in, but I'll also have to find a printing place. I'll fill out the form as soon as I do.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
I'm in!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’d love to do this but I need to get more photos to send and a decent printer first, at least

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Count me in as well

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

7 more days to sign up for the swap!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
I'm in

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

I'll join if I'm not too late!

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I support this in principle, but am not in a position to participate at this time

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Ric posted:

I support this in principle, but am not in a position to participate at this time

Same.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Closing this in, uh, 6 hours or so when I get home and do the randomizing.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's closed! Everyone should have received their drawing. You now have 2 weeks to print and mail something to your pairing. Please let me know if you didn't receive an e-mail or PM.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Ric posted:

Same here.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

lmao i forgot to do the google form thing

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I got my match, is there a deadline for the printing?

I can probably make the print this weekend.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
I think 2 weeks from the match date to print and ship. Obviously some will take longer to travel

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Within 2 weeks would be great

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Megabound posted:

It's closed! Everyone should have received their drawing. You now have 2 weeks to print and mail something to your pairing. Please let me know if you didn't receive an e-mail or PM.

Whoops, I didn't sign up on Forms either :smith: If there was anyone who didn't have a match I'd be happy to do so, otherwise I'll wait it out until next time.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Everyone's got a match, but we'll probably do another one around Christmas time so keep an eye out.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Will do, thanks!

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
Mine will be going out tomorrow.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Just sent mine out. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to arrive, my match is pretty far away. :ohdear:

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Sent.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Posted mine today.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Sent today

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Sent out a couple of 5x7s today.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat

Got 3 (!) wonderful postcards from torgeaux and will share when I have a chance.

Thank you!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Sleepytime posted:

Got 3 (!) wonderful postcards from torgeaux and will share when I have a chance.

Thank you!

Glad they got there.

Edit: Received! Very nice.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 20, 2021

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Ugh I have been slacking on delivering my post cards, will do that tomorrow after work I swear!

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

8th-snype posted:

Sent out a couple of 5x7s today.

Got them today, thanks so much!

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

bobmarleysghost posted:

Ugh I have been slacking on delivering my post cards, will do that tomorrow after work I swear!

Ditto here, but should be able to mail out my postcards tomorrow.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Health Services posted:

Ditto here, but should be able to mail out my postcards tomorrow.

And mailed out!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Health Services posted:

And mailed out!

Check your front door!

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

bobmarleysghost posted:

Check your front door!

These are awesome! I especially like the Moonrise photo.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Glad you like them!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

You guys can post photos of the cards, if you'd like.

Mine are going out today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

yea everyone, post the postcards, share with the class