Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Aww, the Simpsons special was cute. Also lol that they mention how nasty Loki's hair is. lmao

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Did anyone else get a little nostalgic or even misty eyed at seeing Asgard. Asode from looking beautiful, we likely aren't going to see that again, so it was neat even if for just a moment.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

swickles posted:

Did anyone else get a little nostalgic or even misty eyed at seeing Asgard. Asode from looking beautiful, we likely aren't going to see that again, so it was neat even if for just a moment.

That whole sequence was so great. I got such shivers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The big bad is the original Ravonna. The one we’ve been seeing is a variant. Bing bong neat little bow.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
Loki find will find another variant of himself next episode, because he's is own greatest enemy

In Loki, the real Loki is the Lokis we made along Loki.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I was laughing my rear end off at Loki's exasperation at so many other Loki's and how annoying their antics are when it's not him doing it

Edit: whoops, used discord spoiler markup by mistake

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Nail Rat posted:

I was laughing my rear end off at Loki's exasperation at so many other Loki's and how annoying their antics are when it's not him doing it

Edit: whoops, used discord spoiler markup by mistake

I loved when he offhandedly said he doesn't even question a CrocoLoki anymore even though just going through all this in a few days or years.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sockser posted:

The big bad is the original Ravonna. The one we’ve been seeing is a variant. Bing bong neat little bow.

Yeah, this is most likely. I'm still voting for Ms. Minutes tho.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

There's a couple of details I loved about the Lokis:

President Loki's voice was slightly more deep and raspy than TVA Loki. Also his little scream when he realizes Alligator Loki chomped on his hand.

Classic Loki's dramatic flourish with his yellow cape when he sits laughing at TVA Loki. :allears: I do wonder how classic Thor would look like.

Oh and Frog Thor's voice being clearly Chris Hemsworth's got a big laugh from me.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

mutata posted:

Yeah, this is most likely. I'm still voting for Ms. Minutes tho.

Next episode starts with Loki and Sylvie walking around a thousand Mobiuss and Renslayers

I'm so used to Legion I just don't question this poo poo. It's mind control and time travel, just enjoy it

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 8, 2021

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The ONLY thing I care about is Mobius better ride a damned jet ski

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

thecluckmeme posted:

*Appearing Season 2

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

thecluckmeme posted:

YES

There was also A LOT of what I guess were food trays. Someone kept choosing the wrong meal.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

thecluckmeme posted:

The ONLY thing I care about is Mobius better ride a damned jet ski that is somehow a Loki variant.

Fixed that for you. Hunter B-15 can be riding shotgun too.

tsob fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 8, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

We're gonna get a thousand Mobius variants on jetskis cause one just can't be enough for you fuckers huh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I don't read the comics, can someone please explain to me why when I look up Nathaniel Richards it seems like one version of him is (pretend) Doctor Doom (with no mentions of Kang) and another version is Kang and then there's other versions of him where the same name is someone different? I guess the Kang version of him is most popular? But there's also Kangs that aren't him?

pik_d fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 8, 2021

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mobius on a jet ski is my only criteria for a successful finale.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
My halloween costume was going to be president Loki just on the strength of the promotional material (and I already have a green tie I need to justify owning), but now I know I need to get either a stuffed or inflatable alligator to complete the look.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

pik_d posted:

I don't read the comics, can someone please explain to me why when I look up Nathaniel Richards it seems like one version of him is (pretend) Doctor Doom (with no mentions of Kang) and another version is Kang and then there's other versions of him where the same name is someone different? I guess the Kang version of him is most popular? But there's also Kangs that aren't him?

Isn't he Mr Fantastics dad? There's so many timelines and I don't read the comics so I dunno.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Why is Tom King in the Special Thanks in this episode? As far as I recall, his only Marvel work was Vision.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

pik_d posted:

I am also doing this off the googles but there’s more than one Nathaniel Richards, the one that is Kang is a descendant of the other

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

As Nero Danced posted:

My halloween costume was going to be president Loki just on the strength of the promotional material (and I already have a green tie I need to justify owning), but now I know I need to get either a stuffed or inflatable alligator to complete the look.

Get a stuffed alligator, so you can cut a hole into it's stomach through the mouth and make it into an alligator "glove".

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

tsob posted:

Fixed that for you. Hunter B-15 can be riding shotgun too.

Mobius up front, B-15 on shotgun, Gator Loki riding right behind her.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Mobius is another Loki, right? He survived the end of time just fine...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Goffer posted:

Mobius is another Loki, right? He survived the end of time just fine...

No, he's one of those birds.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

𝙳𝙰𝙼𝙽 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙻𝙾𝙺𝙸!

𝙱𝚄𝚃 𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙸𝚂𝚃 𝙸𝚂 𝙸𝙽
𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝙲𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙻𝙴!

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

Spacebump posted:

So I'm guessing next episode is the rebirth of the multiverse. Hope we get brief glimpses into pre MCU Marvel movie worlds, even if it is just characters looking at window to another world briefly.

I want Loki to pass by a mirror showing an image of Deadpool walking by the open door showing the X-Men at Xavier's.

Deadpool notices somehow and waves.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I agree with the people here saying that the person in the castle is going to be someone we've seen before. Three guesses: a version of Miss Minutes, Mobius, or the befudded clerk we saw in the first episode.

Also, Classic Loki was great. When he made the Asgard illusion, it made me suspect that he learned to do that while living alone. He missed Asgard so much that he created a fake version of it for himself. Which makes me a little sad. At least he went out helping his new friends.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Terrifying Effigies posted:

So one additional minor (non-comics) easter egg -

When they finally go confront Alioth, they walk past...

A Chrysler TV-8 :dadjoke:

I saw that and thought it looked familiar, great catch.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i feel like the best guess is the speculation above that maybe our renslayer is just a variant left to run the TVA, and the Real Renslayer is behind this

would allow the twist to be someone we already know, but also would allow a quiet introduction to Kang like they did with Thanos -- like, mention that he exists and is involved with this without him actively being the finale's bad guy

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Senerio posted:

I like that Loci everywhere are so petty that "I killed Thor" is enough to make them immediately decide to make Kid Loki king.

Did not like. Loki is a god of mischief, not a god of murder.

God of hammers Loki or especially god of missing your brother Loki should not be OK with that.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
My guess about the finale: it's not another Loki variant, it's OUR Loki at the end of his life. He's preserving the sacred timeline because it's the one where he becomes a whole person through meeting Silvie, but in doing so, he's betraying her to living decades/centuries of a miserable existence beforehand. Now he has to decide if his own growth is worth another person's suffering.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

heckyeahpathy posted:

My guess about the finale: it's not another Loki variant, it's OUR Loki at the end of his life. He's preserving the sacred timeline because it's the one where he becomes a whole person through meeting Silvie, but in doing so, he's betraying her to living decades/centuries of a miserable existence beforehand. Now he has to decide if his own growth is worth another person's suffering.

it's the alligator

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It was Tour De France Loki the whole time!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Episode 6 ends with a 20 year old looking Patrick Stewart grabbing LokiGator from the Lokii. Disney already knows this winning formula.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

The Loki/Sylvie cuddling scene was adorable in that first highschool romance way, but aren't they both frost giants?

It was so obvious that Sylvie was basically saying oh no, I'm so cold, if only someone could do something to help me :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Barreft posted:

Episode 6 ends with a 20 year old looking Patrick Stewart grabbing LokiGator from the Lokii. Disney already knows this winning formula.

Is Patrick Stewart Mr. Twiddle in this scenario

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
A friend suggested that young frost-giant Loki, a blue-skinned genderfluid hornblob, might pattern their appearance on whichever Asgardian found them. Boastful Loki might have been raised by Heimdall, and Sylvie might have saved by Freya.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Azhais posted:

Is Patrick Stewart Mr. Twiddle in this scenario

We have infinite universes baby, pick your poison

I also don't get that reference tho sry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Squidster posted:

A friend suggested that young frost-giant Loki, a blue-skinned genderfluid hornblob, might pattern their appearance on whichever Asgardian found them. Boastful Loki might have been raised by Heimdall, and Sylvie might have saved by Freya.

There's an infinite number of them. Like infinite boastful Loki's turning into infinite hornblobs. Mean Loki's. Heroic Tony Stark's. Mean bad Tony Starks.

There's an infinite number of Sylvies, we are just focusing on this one cause it's easy to tell the story. Come hit this man I'm telling ya the truth