Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

the remote code execution was producing excessive log messages

So we turned off logging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

there wasn't a new intrusion, it's been one long continuous intrusion, typical fake news :rolleyes:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you banged 3 guys on different nights?

yeah but it was a 72 hour orgy so it only counts as one

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.wsj.com/articles/software-firm-at-center-of-ransomware-attack-was-warned-of-cyber-flaw-in-april-11625673291

kaseya hole was reported in april

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

"Updates a remote code execution exploit" is uh... ambiguous
Release highlights:
- Decreased remote code execution exploit cpu usage by 20%

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Moving the exploitable part into the kernel to make it faster would be extremely on brand for microsoft.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gossithedog/status/1412843308762767362

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

i'm not sure where this belongs but 4chan stabbed someone with a fork over an audacity fork or something idk this is stupid

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Luigi Thirty posted:

i'm not sure where this belongs but 4chan stabbed someone with a fork over an audacity fork or something idk this is stupid

it's so loving stupid https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/07/tenacity_maintainer_quits_4chan_harassment/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

they couldn’t get a foss project named after a Simpsons joke from like 1997 so they tried to stab a dude

4channers are literal wastes of perfectly good human bodies

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

we're already talking about it in the bubel thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

they couldn’t get a foss project named after a Simpsons joke from like 1997 so they tried to stab a dude

have you seen one in real life? more like they're a waste of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, and a bunch of trace elements.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kazinsal posted:

which they also retroactively decided is a slur or something?

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
boaty mcboatface was the warning shot. Don't pretend to run a poll if it's actually a stitch-up

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rufus Ping posted:

boaty mcboatface was the warning shot. Don't pretend to run a poll if it's actually a stitch-up

mods, petitioning to rename something awful to Forum McForumyface

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
quite possibly the reason kb5004945 used the word "updates" rather than "resolves"

https://twitter.com/gentilkiwi/status/1412771368534528001

turns out you can bypass character checks for UNC paths...

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

quoting in kaseya missed it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the group policy is safe to this by default, however

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Rufus Ping posted:

i mean 4chan has a long history of ruining online polls, like the time mountain dew made the mistake of having voting to name a new flavor and it was promptly changed to "hitler did nothing wrong"

full disclosure, i voted in that poll, but i picked "gushin' grannies" :colbert:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
austin, tx's solid waste services department had a contest to rename it and the winner by a long shot was "The Fred Durst Society of the Humanities and Arts" and they were like "we're going to name it whatever makes the most sense for the city" so why bother giving people the choice

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gotta work hard to outdo the the mcd's hamburger builder fiasco

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

austin, tx's solid waste services department had a contest to rename it and the winner by a long shot was "The Fred Durst Society of the Humanities and Arts" and they were like "we're going to name it whatever makes the most sense for the city" so why bother giving people the choice

many of our provincial wastewater treatment plants are named after someone called Robert O Pickard and i can't figure out whether he was someone who was admired or hated, cause really, it could go either way

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

flakeloaf posted:

gotta work hard to outdo the the mcd's hamburger builder fiasco

That was fine art and I will hear no argument.

That was legit one of the funniest things I've experienced and I still laugh thinking about it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
what happened with the hamburger builder

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

what happened with the hamburger builder

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

That was fine art and I will hear no argument.

That was legit one of the funniest things I've experienced and I still laugh thinking about it.

just had a solid mclol right now courtesy of the corresponding kym page

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the right way to do a poll for this stuff is to give the internet two or maybe three choices and then let them vote only on these choices

capitalism is already quite familiar with this strategy when it comes to democratic elections so idk why they keep loving it up with naming products or whatever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

the right way to do a poll for this stuff is to give the internet two or maybe three choices and then let them vote only on these choices

capitalism is already quite familiar with this strategy when it comes to democratic elections so idk why they keep loving it up with naming products or whatever

or if you want to solicit ideas because you're lazy, don't make them public immediately, just have people send them in and pick the ones you like and then they can vote on those.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
also don't post a poll on 4chan unless you picking between swastika tattoos

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nobody posts polls on 4chan, 4chan discovers them

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

haveblue posted:

nobody posts polls on 4chan, 4chan discovers them

to be fair, thq did do an AMA on 8chan

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Perplx posted:

also don't post a poll on 4chan unless you picking between swastika tattoos

The poll thread was on GitHub, though...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Maybe if they pick a name that doesn't have a lawsuit attached to it? We got boaty mcboatface, because thats not going to cause a scandal or legal trouble.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Volmarias posted:

Maybe if they pick a name that doesn't have a lawsuit attached to it? We got boaty mcboatface, because thats not going to cause a scandal or legal trouble.

didn't Fred Durst go on record saying he thought it was great and to go ahead?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Now I'm wondering if I remember this or another similar one. All I remember is a desultory glob of ketchup being presented as a burger and just absolutely losing it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Volmarias posted:

who cares man this shits boring. austin sucks

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Volmarias posted:

Ok Buzz Killington

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
"Keep Austin weird" I shout from my model s pulling out of gristmill

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ZeusCannon posted:

Now I'm wondering if I remember this or another similar one. All I remember is a desultory glob of ketchup being presented as a burger and just absolutely losing it.

iirc that one was called "the streak" or "the skid", something like that

also noah's ark, a burger with 2 fish patties, 2 chicken, 2 beef, 2 pork. iirc there was a video of a goon eating it and being absolutely miserable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
so i found a bug in our app's k8s RBAC role today.

my coworker had raised an issue for this and submitted a PR that they said fixed it. i thought they were just using an outdated version of the manifest (we added some new CRDs and you need to manually update the dev environment with their permissions for now) but nope, turns out even when you fix that the app has permissions issues.

i was confused as to /how/ they fixed this since they didn't mention the cause of the issue at all and had updated the deploy manifest directly rather than changing the sources we use to build it with kustomize, but hey, maybe they just did find the same problem and updated the correct thing directly.

went to check the PR:

code:
apiVersion: rbac.authorization.k8s.io/v1
kind: ClusterRole
metadata:
  name: app-clusterrole
  creationTimestamp: null
rules:
- apiGroups: ["*"]
  resources: ["*"]
  verbs: ["*"]
- nonResourceURLs: ['*']